The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Please ALL members verify their email address!

Peredhil

Whenever you receive a Private Message or a few other nifty things, this board tries to notify you at the email address you used when you registered your account.

The problem is - if it can't deliver the email, it sends an error message AND a copy of the failed email to the Admin account.

This is filling up rather rapidly and the important messages which SHOULD be sent to Admin could be lost in the shuffle.

So please, take a moment to click in the upper left of your page on My Controls

Then look at the bottom of the lefthand column. Under Options is Change email address

click on it and look to see if the email address listed is correct. if it isn't a good address for you - PLEASE change it!

Thank you,

the Polite Ancient Peredhil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could...

But this gets them into their control area so they can see all the nifty options.

Plus I really don't want to post names. Peredhil posts the public loser list: The following members...

Plus if I sent them a PM... it would bounce an email into the Admin account...

I'm just kinda thinking, it's nice when the Membership takes care of their personal responsibilities, and free the Elders to moderate Website-as-a-whole stuff.

Seeing the plethora of languages here (thank you Harpy for cluing me in) I'll try my hand at one.

Ìîé ïî÷òîâûé àäðåñ ïðàâåëüíûé.

(you might need to have a cyrrilic compatible font enabled, otherwise it would look like an assortment of vowels.)

btw, It's Russian.

Might there be an option with the boards to have a verification email sent to members when they sign up?

I know it's a hassle, but as it is only a one-time thing and this is obviously causing problems it would be a good preventative solution.