The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

'Archaneus'

Yui-chan

Well, here is the first of the handful of character sketches that peers have asked me for... Editted: The temporary sucky version is gone. Behold, the power of the scanner! :) Archaneus, I hope you like. Please tell me if there are details I've gotten wrong or things you don't quite like about it. Also, the image is a link to a closeup shot of Archaneus and his bow, so click for detailage. :P

Aegon also points out to me that I've been a bit vague about whether I intended to deliver these images in color or not, so I thought I'd mention my current 'plan' for these. I am going to go through the list of people who've asked for character portraits twice. The first time around, I will deliver something similar to 'Archaneus', here, a black-and-white pencil sketch. The second time around, I will revisit the sketches with color for those who'd prefer it. I wanted to do it this way so that everyone who asked would at least have a pencil piece in decent time, because adding color is going to nearly double the amount of time it takes to do an image. As it stands, 'Archaneus' here took me approximately 15 hours of work to complete.

Please PM me if you don't find this arrangement acceptible, and maybe we can work out something else. $_$ ;)

Thanks,

~Yui-chan

Posted Image

Edited by Yui-chan

Return-hugs to Peredhil and Zool! You guys are too nice to me. Thank you! :D

Zooliolio, if you want a character sketch done, all you have to do is PM me a description of our favorite crazy painting and his various accessories. No candy bars are necessary. (My waistline doesn't need the encouragement, I assure you.) I'll add you to the list. I think there are about four more to go as of right now...? The offer is still extended to any patient Pen member who'd like to challenge me. I just can't guarantee any kind of timeline. I only have about five other Works-In-Progress sitting around on my harddrive as it is. >_:P

Edited by Yui-chan

Wow, Yui-chan, that really is amazing. Wonderful work.

With awe, I'm speechless. These members are very lucky. 15 hours is a long time (Even if I had the skill, whcih I certainly don't, I don't think I'd have that kind of patience), and it looks magnificent. :)

Edited by Justin Silverblade

Aardvark, what's a stubbie? Speak English, will you? B)

Celes, Vincent, Justin, Tralla, Archaneus, Gyr, and Vlad, thanks so much for your kind comments! I have a lot of improving to do, but I do enjoy dabbling around with my art. It makes it worth my time when I can make something that other people enjoy as well. :) I appreciate everyone who's so graciously offered to let me practice more by drawing up their characters.

Yours,

~Yui-chan

Edited by Yui-chan

Gah... mmeeep er..

:blink:

My apologies while I mop up the drool, that picture is simply beautiful. Archaneus is perfectly proportioned (I like those ears, rawr! :D) Plus the clothing is draped perfectly, very simple but very well done. Everything about the character is... well... I can't even think of constructive criticism, it's perfect!

The background also compliments the figure well, simple and effective. Though I can't make a proper opinion as my skills at landscape drawing are still in it's infantile stages.

:wub:

Rune-sama: There's no time limit for responses, silly, so don't you dare worry about it when you've got other things on your mind! *adopts best Stern Peredhil expression and then switches to Peredhil hugs* Just take care and feel better.

Still, thanks much for the kind words.

Master Wolfe: *hands him a scrap cloth for drool wiping* Hm... maybe if you ask nicely, Archaneus will hold still enough to let you admire his ears on occassion. ;) Thank you for the compliments. That 'style' is something that doing this drawing has really helped me cement. I tend to try to hard to draw or paint in ways that just don't suit my tastes, so I'm doubly grateful that everyone is giving me these chances to practice and settle myself into my own rhythm!

Griever: Well, thank you. It's not perfect, but I take careful note of everything I mess up to avoid on the next drawing. :)

Kasmandre: Hee. See if you can find Waldo in there, too! Ninja stealth Waldo! :ph34r: ... maybe that's who Archaneus is tracking... http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Everyone, your compliments (while making my head swell to immense proportions) mean a lot to me, so thank you all. :) Now, stop bothering with my chicken scratches and go write things! I'll sick Zool on you if you don't...... -> :zombie:

Riding the Volleyball High,

~Not-quite-Yui

Edited by Yui-chan

Brute pauses in his daily route to the tavern to admire the artwork that has attracted so many others. Taking advantage of his tall stature, he looks over the tops of those in front of him and smiles. Brute quickly catches the eyes of the blushing artist and grins to her, silently mouthing the words,"Great job, kiddo!" Brute gives a quick wink, a nod, then continues along his way to a worn stool at the bar.

(You continue to amaze me with your many talents. Tell Aegon I said hullo. )

Edited by Brute