The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Have you ever...?

Ozymandias

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oz - I've never peed on either my school or my students. Not that I didn't have a desire to, rather it had never occurred to me until now. Thank you.

Phoenix - A global 'aye'

When I lived in Greece and happened upon a bar that was closing the following day that was happy to get rid of all of its booze that evening, for free.

When I ate a rice salad in Dubai that had been in my bag for a day and a bit.

When I downed a can of Czech vodka in Sweden. And WHY?

In Malta after I inhaled a wave from Gozo bay, which contained - I hate to think.

Have you ever reached for the toilet tissue only to have a cockroach drop out of the cardboard tube onto your fingers?

Have you ever screamed as loudly as I did?

Ever watched your boyfriend (at the time) completely soak his seat at the movies because he wanted to see what would happen if he dropped a lifesaver into a can of soda?

Ever wondered why the hell you're with an idiot like him?

Ever composed what you're going to say to someone when you dump them, going as far as getting the two other people in the car to proof read and edit your speech?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

...had a government agent compliment you on your shirt moments before telling you you've been selected for additional security?

...gotten seat 1A on an airplane?

...worn your clothes inside out and not realized it until you were halfway through a work day and a customer told you, then wondered why nobody else did?

Dreams:

Have you ever had a dream/experience where you couldn't decide, in the end, whether or not it actually happened?

Bodies:

Have you ever spun yourself to a new level of consciousness?

Quin'. It's times like these that I am SO reminded why the middle love in AP-E is there for you.

YES & YES. Oh yeses. And it's always spinning back down that takes effort and makes me feel smaller and cheated.

*hugs*

• 4 weeks later...

Have you ever been wafted away on the melody of the music?

Have you ever been scrambled by the volume of the music?

Have you ever been flayed with the lyrics of the music?

Have you ever kissed a statue?

Have you ever seen what crawls out from the water, black and purple, wholly malevolent?

Have you ever heard someone make a claim of such mind-wrenching wrongness, you mentally cut them loose from the human race, feeling a flood of the same warm condescension you'd feel for a pet?

Have you ever tallied the worth of your life by as many ethical/social/religious frameworks you can find?

Have you ever had the name pop into your head without the person to which it ought to be attached?

re: Cerulean

Not in that exact position, no, but I have done the broad-jump off of the toilet and half-hobbled five-yard dash for the can of insecticide. Ah, Florida. . .

re: Zool

I laid the trap, but didn't realize that I'd yanked the trigger--still, I count it--twenty-seven lunar months.

re: Appy

Substances are cheating.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever had a dream so painful, that you literally went back while still asleep and intentionally changed the ending?

re Ozy: When I was younger, as I left my hometown, I went down and peed in the river, emanating it.

When I was older, as I left my Waterloo, I went down and peed on the highway, deriding it.

Oh man Zool, I have done that with my dreams before, and sometimes not because they were painful just cause they had a crappy ending.

Now have you gone out at 12 in the morning all by yourself after it snowed and made a snowman just because it was the perfect kinda snow for making snowman.

Things like that really should not be wasted you know.

Have you ever taken the phone call you never imagined taking?

Ever realized you have a memory that makes your automatically muscles tense if you think of it?

But realized you must never forget a detail of it?

Gone home with a complete stranger who turned out not to be a stranger?

Every forgotten who you are?

Every spent a week sleeping on a sofa that's only a love-seat?

Ever gone with a good friend to a play but fallen asleep sitting up?

Do you still wonder if s/he knew you slept?

Every seen someone you thought you'd never see and found you knew them?

[edited to change up the order]

Edited by Gwaihir

...been literally stunned by beauty?

...gone sledding when there was no snow?

...urinated in someone's mouthwash?

1. The day I met my wife....20 yrs ago...and the first time I saw her after being apart 3 weeks...this past year.

2. When I was a child, in Northern Virginia (dad was a Marine based at Quantico) there was a huge hill right next to our unit of housing with a 100' tall water tower on top...the trails behind that water tower were almost magical in their sledding slopes....snow or mud! And the main trail ended at the base golf course!

3. Ummmmm...No!

Have you ever...

Stopped on a highway because the snowfall was so heavy you couldn't see the nose of your truck (or car)?

marvelled at the squeal of laughter coming out of a 4 yr old girl because you sneezed BIG!? (we're talking grab a washcloth and change your shirt BIG!)

..ever pulled over when out driving by a park, just to run through a meadow during butterfly season?

..ever swung an honest-to-god medievil broadsword....then a bastard sword? ( I was in SCA for 8 yrs when I was younger....the tourneys used mock swords, but I collect artifact weaponry and own a 44" broadsword and 58" bastard sword)

..ever bowled a near perfect game? (several years ago, my wife and I were in a league...I had a 158 Avg and bowled a 279 game!!! I still have the box my Century award came in...AND the award as well, a watch!)

• 2 weeks later...