The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Have you ever...?

Ozymandias

Have you ever... lacked ideas on what you might have done that's not common ?

Actually, many of the things I've done (as listed in here) are *quite* common. I've just been working very hard with every one of these posts to phrase them as strangely/esotericly as possible.

The rest, yeah. Just odd. :>)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever been so mentally and emotionally bogged down, that you climb into the *shower* and lie down, only to start feeling better minutes later when you realize the wonderfullly obscene noises you can make with the suction your back makes in the pooling water under you?

Actually...Yes, yes I have.

Except...It wasn't due to being bogged down, it was just plain fun.

Now...Have you ever heard a skunk sneeze?

Have you ever been so mentally and emotionally bogged down, that you climb into the *shower* and lie down, only to start feeling better minutes later when you realize the wonderfullly obscene noises you can make with the suction your back makes in the pooling water under you?

Read my latest post in the banquet room. No suction though, but my bathtub does double as a shower basin, however sitting in it with just the shower running is quite awkward at times 0_o

Have you ever had a rabbit stand on it's hind-legs, to be able to reach over your hips when you're standing up?

Have you ever been ~6'4" when that happened?

Yes.. and for serveral hours too.. although it does start to hurt after a while :P

Have you ever had a bunny, who normally just moves away when annoyed, race towards you, bite you on the arm HARD, and race away again?

Have you ever seen a sunset of pure gold, so that the sun and clouds disappeared, but the sky was gold, and lit everything around for a hundreds of miles in pure golden light?

Have you ever had a flock of birds take off as you drove by, only to have them match speed with you at eye level, so that for a moment you felt as though you were flying with them?

Have you ever laid a trap that took years to spring?

Have you ever seen jet contrails cover the sky like spokes in a wheel?

Have you ever been in a car driving over a hundred miles an hour, through thick fog, at night, and survived, uneventfully?

Have you ever consciously exploited someone's biggest weakness to their own downfall?

Have you ever had an instance where you knew if you didn't act quickly, someone would die?

Have you ever jumped into the water fully dressed in your street clothes?

Have you ever seen someone commit a horrible mistake which you knew they would later regret, but been powerless to influence their decision?

Have you ever been in a cold, dark, forgotten place, and saw just in time that you were about to put your foot on sweating dynamite?

Have you ever found treasure?

Guest Phoenix

Have you ever cried so hard you couldn't breathe?

have you ever wanted so, so much for someone to be there with you, in contact with you, that it became an actual, physical ache?

have you ever tried with every single particle of your being to make something not be true and then been forced to realise it wasn't within your control, and never had been?

have you ever realised you have absolutely no idea what makes you you function, or not function, or what you'd do with this information if you knew?

have you ever finally reached to friends for help, and then felt like a complete and utter idiot and run away as fast as you possibly can?

have you ever laid on the ground, in a strange place, unable to move or speak, and known that there was absolutely nothing anyone except you could do to chance the situation?

have you ever been in the same situation, with someone coming to rescue you, and realized that you almost prefer having to fix yourself because it proves that you can?

these are kind of depressing

sorry i'll try and be more cheerful next time..

have you ever spent a day in the company of someone you love, doing something you both love, barely able to stand, but so, so happy because you're with them and having fun?

heh

i tried

next time

Have you ever had several dreams about the same world?

Have you ever re-visited a dream-world, and found out that things have changed, just like they would have done if it continued like the real world?

I did, this night. It was special :)

Have you ever visited this world in a dream?

Have you ever visited a place at least a wall away from your then-current position in this world, in a dream?

Have you ever, after waking up, had someone tell you they could feel your presence during the time you were with them in a dream?

Have you ever knowlingly shared a dream with someone?

Have you ever had a dream that's come true since?

Have you ever had a dream which you feel (or fear) will come true some day?

Edited by Mardrax

It's a requirement in Swimming Lessons and Lifegaurd training, so yes I have.

Have you ever seen someone commit a horrible mistake which you knew they would later regret, but been powerless to influence their decision?

Maybe not a horrible mistake... but I've watched the girl I like get on the rebound with an ex-boyfriend... and I was pretty much powerless to stop that...

have you ever wanted so, so much for someone to be there with you, in contact with you, that it became an actual, physical ache?

You have no idea how much I've felt this one...

have you ever spent a day in the company of someone you love, doing something you both love, barely able to stand, but so, so happy because you're with them and having fun?

Well no, I haven't but you have no idea how much I want to...

Listy time!

Have you ever seen a sunset of pure gold, so that the sun and clouds disappeared, but the sky was gold, and lit everything around for a hundreds of miles in pure golden light?

Have you ever had a flock of birds take off as you drove by, only to have them match speed with you at eye level, so that for a moment you felt as though you were flying with them?

Have you ever laid a trap that took years to spring?

Have you ever seen jet contrails cover the sky like spokes in a wheel?

Have you ever been in a car driving over a hundred miles an hour, through thick fog, at night, and survived, uneventfully?

Have you ever consciously exploited someone's biggest weakness to their own downfall?

Have you ever had an instance where you knew if you didn't act quickly, someone would die?

Have you ever been in a cold, dark, forgotten place, and saw just in time that you were about to put your foot on sweating dynamite?

Have you ever found treasure?

No, no, no, yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, no, yes. In that order.

Have you ever cried so hard you couldn't breathe?

have you ever tried with every single particle of your being to make something not be true and then been forced to realise it wasn't within your control, and never had been?

have you ever realised you have absolutely no idea what makes you you function, or not function, or what you'd do with this information if you knew?

have you ever finally reached to friends for help, and then felt like a complete and utter idiot and run away as fast as you possibly can?

have you ever laid on the ground, in a strange place, unable to move or speak, and known that there was absolutely nothing anyone except you could do to chance the situation?

have you ever been in the same situation, with someone coming to rescue you, and realized that you almost prefer having to fix yourself because it proves that you can?

these are kind of depressing

sorry i'll try and be more cheerful next time..

No, yes, yes, no, yes, no, no, yes. God yes. :>)

Have you ever had several dreams about the same world?

Have you ever re-visited a dream-world, and found out that things have changed, just like they would have done if it continued like the real world?

Yes, yes. I love when I can do that. It's like telling myself a story I've never heard before...

Have you ever visited this world in a dream?

Have you ever visited a place at least a wall away from your then-current position in this world, in a dream?

Have you ever, after waking up, had someone tell you they could feel your presence during the time you were with them in a dream?

Have you ever knowlingly shared a dream with someone?

Have you ever had a dream that's come true since?

Have you ever had a dream which you feel (or fear) will come true some day?

Yes, yes, no, no, no, no. My dreams tend be...unique (and *highly* improbable).

Stop thinking about me! The hair over my ears is crinkling from the heat!

Dreams:

Have you ever had a dream/experience where you couldn't decide, in the end, whether or not it actually happened?

Bodies:

Have you ever spun yourself to a new level of consciousness?

Just a few for now.

Have you ever woken up, wishing that you were still in your dream, because your life in it was magnitudes better than the one you have in the real world?

Have you ever had a friend crying in your arms and not had a single intelligent thing to say?

geekness warning!

Have you ever taken a laptop apart, looking for the RAM inside of it, just to find that it was in the last possible place you could look (that is under the keyboard...)

Have you ever actually lost your room keys right next to the table? (university dorm)

Done above twice in the same week?

Have you ever helped take a drunk friend back to his room, and then went to get his laundry because he was in no state to do so?

Have you ever stolen a 10 gallon container of ice cream from an abandoned resteruant only to discover the ice cream was 6 months old and spoiled? :(

Have you ever had your father look you in the face, tell you he's Superman, and then precede to break the ceiling light when he "flys" up into it?

Have you ever had a helicopter out looking for you?

Have you ever gone back and edited a post twice because you thought of something you HAD to add?

Have you ever had a person look you in the eye and tell you that they were an angel?

Have you ever walked into a Borders in a crappy mood, accidently knocked a CD off the shelf, cuss, and then smile and feel better because its one of your favortie CDs?

Edited by Savage Dragon

Guest Phoenix

have you ever felt like you were (at least) two completely different people? and then realized you didn't like either of them?

realized that the way you thought you thought about yourself was completely innacurate? and you thought a lot less of yourself than you thought?

*rereads*

gah my brain hurts..

been so utterly angry that you can't sleep or think or stop moving? and not been able to get to the root of what you're so furious about?

felt so utterly beneath worth that you couldn't understand how someone would want to be with you?

and somehow been fine with this?

have you ever been told so many different ways to "fix" your life you couldn't bear listening any more, yet somehow be flattered they cared enough to try?

have you ever had the one person who you could just be broken with start to try and fix you, and felt betrayed beyond all reason?

have you ever laughed so long and hard from sheer exhaustion your boss asked if he could have what you were having?

have you ever spent months trying to discover why you found it so hard to trust people, felt like you were going crazy, and been proved right all over again?

and had that be the reason for you to want to learn to trust?

Its strange how being wrong so many times can make you want to try harder to be right

being broken for so long can make not being broken so much more beautiful

being without for so long can make moments of connection seem to last for hours

being able to wake up early and watch the sunrise can be the most blessed thing in the world

and not wanting to move and break the moment to get your camera can make it even more beautiful..

Have you ever had a dream, and then three years later have another dream that started as the middle of the first dream, and continued the story?

And did you have a similar thing happen with the second dream another three years later?

Have you ever dropped one class three times?