The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Have you ever...?

Ozymandias

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever climbed a church?

Learned, amidst shifting winds, why no one pees on a brush fire to put it out?

Licked a petri dish full of agar and watched weird things grow?

Told someone in a fit of ridiculousness that a sheep's cornea will bounce only to discover that, yeah, it will?

Turned off your light in the depths of a cave and then sat there in utter darkness, breathing silently?

Had cops pointing guns at you?

Gone to a botanical garden and laughed because their new hybrid roses smelled just like Froot Loops?

Ever been completely paralyzed by the conflicting urges to hug and throttle someone?

Ever gone back and found things you'd written months ago that you remembered not the first thing about? And really liked it?

Ever cleaned out Lucifer's tank so God could take up residence?

Ever been so completely exhausted that your hair hurt?

Ever wished you were stranded on an island solely because if you were completely alone you'd finally be able to sleep?

Ever been on one phone while holding two others and calling back and forth between the two you're holding to test them so you could report to the person on the OTHER phone?

Have you ever spent half your work day calling businesses in part of the country, without realising that the reason you are getting voicemail so often is due to the fact that the region you are calling is having a local public holiday due to the anneversary of its founding, making the rest of your day pointless, because the area in question is your only sales territory?

:raven:

*sighs and goes on a break*

Have you ever actually tried to write something in blood?

I did try to write my name with my own blood... I've ran out after like five letter, it isn't that easy to get a relyable source of blood when you want "just a bit, but no waste either"

Anyway...

Have you ever... lacked ideas on what you might have done that's not common ?

Have you ever typed on a keyboard that's WITHOUT the "a", "z", "e", and "r" keys ? (There are way too many "e", "r" and "a" in English, I'm taking hours to type a single line... At least I can think on what to write next while I focus on filling the blancs...)

To my friend Peredhil:

Have you ever thought your true nature is like the moon with a dark side and a light side? We each of us have both, a side the shines almost as brilliant as the sun and a side that the light has never touched.

To Ozymandias the Elder:

Have you ever driven an entire day away, because you wouldn't stop and ask for help?

To Cryptomancer:

Have you ever spilled so much of your own blood that you could have written a novel?

The answer to all of these is "I have."

Ayshela wrote:

Ever been completely paralyzed by the conflicting urges to hug and throttle someone?

Nope! I have done both.

Ever gotten a phone call from the vice principal at the high school suggesting your daughter might be on drugs because lack of sleep due to pain, and the pain, and the anti-inflammatories combined with a deep hatred of one of her classes left her "mostly comatose" in class - and of course drug use could be the only explanation...?