The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Have you ever...?

Ozymandias

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a man put pieces of onion in his eyes in a desperate attempt to cry?

Slipped in fake vomit?

Watched a man nearly get knocked out by an 18 month old kid?

Tried to follow a strict list of directions to get home, and only succeeded when you threw out the list?

Had your actions narrated by a director trying to illustrate the method of scriptwriting to someone?

Watched a man eat the same breakfast more than twenty times in a day?

Watched your daughter go offstage in one outfit, and walk back onstage thirty seconds later in a completely different outfit?

Been thrilled to be able to say "I told you so!" =)

Fallen asleep with the door locked and someone sitting in front of it, woken up alone with the door closed but unlocked, yet still known you were completely safe?

Spent five minutes wandering the kitchen aimlessly trying to decide what to make for dinner?

Asked everyone in the house what they wanted to eat, and when no one had an answer, decided they could feed themselves?

Been more warm and sweaty at night than you were during the day?

Been relieved when you hear thunder, because that means the weather is changing?

Been astonished to find that for once, every single thing filling the schedule the next day is something of *yours*?

Wished your scalp would finally just rip its way out of your head and be done with it?

Had a cockatiel share your shower?

Had said cockatiel burrow into the towel and lay an egg on your chest?

Tried so hard to keep someone else's drug allergies straight that you realized you couldn't remember your own?

Realized that relaxing enough to be able to go to sleep takes more energy than you have?

Been so intensely glad for friends in an online community because they're the only ones who don't automatically assume you're insane?

Two points.

First, I think it's more difficult to keep the bird OUT of the shower, or the dog's water dish, or your mug of water (when he turns around on the rim, it's already too late, feathery butt will be in the drink before you can grab him);

Second, it's not so much they/we assume you're/they're not nuts, but that we're/you're worth associating with and nuts. . .

OOC: no idea if this will even make sense. man, i'm tired. boy, i hate geometry. here's my questions. please regard them kindly.

Have you ever. . .

flown on the breeze?

walked on a cloud?

caught a falling star?

seen a moon rabbit?

held a baby dragon in your hand?

Nice, Sora Hikari, that reads like a poem!

Good to see you around (since I don't think I've said hello yet:))

Just for the record though, ideally these are things you actually have done.

Have you

walked ten miles for your dinner?

Because ten miles was where the nearest store was?

Spun in circles until you threw up?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a white lion cub pounce attack your jacket?

While you were still wearing it?

Coaxed a 200andsomething kilogram tiger into getting up when it just wanted to lie down and rest?

Posted a link with proof of one of your have you ever questions?

Sorry folks, I've no clue why my link doesn't work if you just click on it. Either copy and paste http://haydnc.my-php.net/pics/DSCF0764.JPG into a fresh browser window or prepare to be spectacularly disappointed by what appears to be a non-working link to a picture that does exist.

...listen to yourself say the most aweful and unreasonable things while feeling utterly unable to stop talking that way?

(to stop smoking after 15 years is quite o_O.. and not just for me :P)

Edited by Appy

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Gryphon's picture do work, just have to visit one of his website page by stripping the url after the dot net, and then go back to the picture. Sad image linking protection :(

Have you ever ...

Been up the whole night because you wanted something so much that it was worth failing an important school-test ?

Waited a few hours for the rain to begin just outside your house ?

Howled at the moon with people around ?

(Unsuccessfully tried to make your father stop smoking for about ten years ?... *coughs*)

Guest Phoenix

wished you cared for someone as much as they cared about you?

wished you cared for someone as little as they cared about you?

stared at a simple text for 5 minutes and still not been able to understand the first one?

smiled so hard your face ached?

cried so hard everyone thought you were having bad allergies for 4 days?

been curled up around someone and felt so safe you could sleep?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever had a ketchup bottle explode in your hand?

Have you ever gone to a theater hours early just to be alone someplace really quiet?

Have you ever seen the stars a thousand miles from the nearest man made light?

Have you ever wondered if death is the opposite of life, were we all dead before we were alive?

Have you ever looked into someone's eyes and found the part of your soul that was missing?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...seen a french chemist battle police?

...boiled a Post-it note?

...seen a penguin rock climb?

...eaten fried chocolate? (Yummy. ^^)

...seen a polish pianist smite evil?

...seen belly dancing done to bagpiping?

...had the statement, "Well, were listening to The Hobbit rather loudly" or any like it, be in context in utterly serious conversation?

...found the delicate nature in a construction site?

(cookie to whoever can figure out how many geek references are in this post.)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever wonder if the world has gone mad?

Why people out for a walk on a beautiful day bring their smokes? :blink:

Why people order diet coke with their cheeseburg and fries? :rolleyes:

Why some people beg on the streets in fronts of merchants stores looking for help? :unsure:

Got diarrhea on another continent?

Screamed out "J. R. R. Tolkien's a fuckin' hack!" in the middle of a Chinese restaurant?

Lived off of nothing but cigarettes and coffee for 3 days?

Slept over 15 hours in one shot?

Realized how, to the uninitiated, the discussion of element colors in RPGs can sound really racist?

...had more people look at you because you have a thin band-aid in your neck than when you had a lump the size of an orange there?

...wanted to return to the hospital because at least there you could sleep when you wanted and no one forced you to talk?

...woke up to a tune in your head, only to have your friend humm that exact tune moments later, because it's in his head as well?