The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Have you ever...?

Ozymandias

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever woken up covered in scratches and/or bruises and been utterly unable to figure out where they came from?

yes. =( I don't often wake up bruised from dreams, any more, but I've done that many times as well. Though I think the panicky waking up sitting straight up in bed trying to stop the bleeding that is not there, though I can still feel blood trickling across my skin - people look at me strangely so I don't mention it often, but I think I hate that almost the most.

Have you ever HAD a heart attack....then spend 3 days in the hospital, only to find from the angiograph that your veins and arteries around the heart were spotless?

October 2004....after the angio, doctors could NOT believe it....no final diagnosis was ever rendered. Some thought it was GERD...others swore it was some kind of heart attack....still others decided it had to have been a huge panic attack. I spent nearly a year taking all these different meds....for nothing. Dr.'s say I have the heart of a 25 yr old (I am 45 now) probably due to all my athletics as a youth.

Have you ever woken to a cat laying across your forehead?

Pretended your food was still alive and making crying noises as you ate it, just to scare the wait staff?

Spent more than five minutes listening to someone muttering and wondering who it is, only to realise that it's you?

Predicted an entire scene of dialogue in a soap opera?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Phoenix

shared your chips with a random slug?

wondered whether you were capable of anything at all?

spent hours staring at the same spot on the horizon as the sun blended down around you?

listened to the cicada's fade into the night crickets and wondered if anyone else was?

dreamed they screwed up your order in McDonalds so bad that you never got your food or money back. And wasted prime dream time just staring at the front line staff/menus/ etc waiting for a manager to show up so you get a refund...then when you woke up you were still in that determined waiting mind set, until finally you realized that you're not dreaming anymore and probably should get out of bed and do something.

Had the best discussion on DC comics ever while hammered beyond belief?

Had your grandmother punch you in the head 8 times while driving to your therapists appointment?

Watch your girlfriend shoot your friend in the face point-blank with a bee-bee gun?

Compare a fetus to a zombie?

Edited by Nyarlathotep

• 2 weeks later...

...had your mother try to convince you to cut work and have some fun and hated her for it because you just can't do that, and just because she hates that she spent her whole life being responsible doesn't mean you shouldn't go to work?

...called in to work faking sick, but then felt so guilty you went in and by that time actually been sick from guilt?

...stayed at work, even when you're supposed to be sick, even though you're not doing anything, just because it's the right thing to do and you feel guilty for lying in the first place?

...ever wondered how you got into such a ridiculous predicament, but known that no matter how bad it is, it will all blow over in a week or so?

Have you ever heard the raindrops echo as they tap against your skull?

Have you ever followed your nose?

Have you ever watched a seedling lift itself to the light, carrying a coat of lichen on the outside of its seed casing?

Have you ever stitched your own wound shut?

Have you ever disassembled currency?

Have you ever traveled cross-country on a bike?

Have you ever milked 6 goats per morning? (i have, no fooling)

Have you ever made pancakes with salt instead of sugar and baking soda instead of flour?

Have you ever sang yourself to sleep?

Have you ever been shot at?

Have you ever fallen off a cliff?