The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I'm leaving..

Rune

Rushes in moaning "Noooooooooooooooo!"

Halts at the cheshire grin of the diminuative demoness fading while her giggle still lingers in the air.

I've been HAD! :P

heh, at times like these I think she earns those nubbly little horns...

"I'm of the opinion that she also earned her little bum a spanking." The Huntress's voice takes on new depths of evil as she stalks towards the little demoness, eyes narrowed threateningly. Rune blinked in surprise ( :unsure: ), not believing at first, but when she saw the woman reach up and unfasten her cloak, letting it drop as she stepped closer, the child worried that she was serious.

Rune's eyes rounded like little black saucers, and she backed away a few steps. :blink: "I was only kidding, Miss Yui! Really!" Her back hit the wall, stopping her furtive retreat, and yet Yui-chan stalked on, expression thunderous. Rune's heartbeat skipped once, then raced to make up for lost time. "It was just a joke!"

The ice-cold grin that slipped across her tormentor's face only made her panic more. "Maybe after this, you'll find it even more funny." Yui slipped a hand into the hip pocket on the long white tunic-vest she wore, toying with something under the fabric that looked long and flat.

Rune meeped. A paddle?! Reflexively, her little hands slid behind her to guard her delicate derierre. "Wait! Wait, I--"

"Hush, young lady." The stern tone was one rarely heard from the blonde archmagess, but it stilled all defiance.

The little girl stared up with wide eyes as Yui-chan paused, towering over her. She shivered and flinched, squeezing her eyes shut as she faced the inevitable...

... and a second later, she was squirming in the Huntress' arms, giggling and squealing at her to stop as she tickled the living daylights out of the demon child. Zool and Peredhil, who'd been almost as surprised by the archmage's actions as Rune had, blinked once before bursting out laughing. They should have known.

A few minutes later, when Yui-chan decided that she'd had enough fun ... er ... punished Rune enough, that is, she gave the girl a little hug and set her down so that she could finally see the older woman's bright smile. Rune grinned and huffed for breath, mumbling, "Yer a meanie, ya know?"

"I know," Yui responded with a conspiratorial wink, "but you deserved it."

Rune wrinkled her nose, her smile turning mischevious. "Yeah, I know." :D

"You really should have been born a kitsune, Rune." Elwen says quietly. "With your sense of humor and practical jokes...you'd fit right in."

The reborn kitsune/elf smiles down at the child.

Ayshela races into the room, heart pounding, looking desperately for Rune. Seeing the impish smile on her face, Ayshela skids to a stop and sighs, trying to decide whether to laugh or cry.

She settles for throwing popcorn at Rune.

;)

Kasmandre sees the title of the topic and bolts in, wanting to know what horror was removing the little demoness. Upon entering, however, he realizes that he is just one of many to have been had by this trickster.

Chuckling a little, Kasmandre walks up to Rune and says, "Thanks for the heart attack. Let's not do something like this again for at least a week." :rolleyes::P

Vincent walked into the room his huge Seraph form moving slower than the others. He looked around to find the small demon before she left,he planed on talking some sence into her! But instead of finding a fleeing Rune,he found a giggling one.

"Why you lil..."Vincent grited his teeth but then suddenly brust out laughing. "Good one ya lil demon you!"

you scared me! :lol:

Gyrfalcon scooped Rune up as she ran by and held her up. The half-elf looked around and then assumed a stern expression. "You've been a bad little demonling... well, perhaps good by your races's standards, but bad by everyone elses. Don't do that again!"

He then grinned "Good joke all the same, Rune."

He set Rune down and handed her an AoA-quality chocolate before sending her on her way.

Nearby, Salinye raised her eyebrow "Aren't you supposed to scold her a bit harder?" she asked. Gyrfalcon shook his head and grinned a bit wider.

"I wouldn't want to change her."

Salinye laughed being able to hold a stern expression upon her face for only so long. "Well that's good. We need more female terrors in the world." She then leans down and winks to Rune whispering "Nice job little one. If you want a list of some more FABU practical jokes you just come visit me sometime!"

Salinye then stands with an innocent smile clearing her throat. "uh...Yeah, Rune! That was uh...BAD! You should definately NOT do anything like that again!"

~Salinye :butterfly:

• 2 weeks later...