The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Pen Promotions & Quill Quests!

Wyvern

Promotion time! I want to apologize since these promotions have come very late... This is totally the fault of myself and the rest of the Eldership, and we're definitely going to work on this lack of appropriate promotion timing and correct it... We're hoping to hold promotions on a two month basis from this point onward.

In this promotion, a special exception has been made for two truly outstanding members who have contributed enough thoughtfull material and effort to the guild to jump up two ranks as opposed to one. This usually doesn't happen, as advancements normally take place one rank at a time, but the Eldership feels that in the special case of this long overdue promotion these two Pen members fully deserve this lift. Thus, I'd like to personally congratulate both Cyril Darkcloud and Rune for jumping from the status of Initiate to that of Quill Bearer. Keep up the outstanding work, you two! :)

Here's a list of all the members that are to be currently promoted:

Promoted to Page:

Alaeha

Blondemoon

Carlyan the Wise

Deadly Nightshade

Griever

Hopperwolf

Kokuryuu Flameshifter

Passionrejected

Tamaranis

Vincent Silver

Zariah (Crowgirl)

Promoted to Quill Bearer:

Brute

Canid

Cyril Darkcloud

Kasmandre

Tasslehof

Rune

Old Quill Bearers, as well as Cyril Darkcloud and Rune who have had the opportunity of jumping two rankings, will be PMed options for their Quill Quests which they can use to advance to the next level of ranking. Three options will be available which the Quill Bearers will be able to choose from, and the completion of one of these options will allow them to advance another rank.

Please be patient with the Elders as we change the ranking titles, membership lists, etc. for this recent promotion, is it may take a few days to complete as a whole. Thanks for your patience, and congratulations to all of those promoted! If you weren't promoted this time around, continue to contribute to writings on the guild boards and we'll be sure to get to you the next time, which will be in around 2 months if all goes well.

Please note that if you were a Quill Bearer at the old Pen and you changed your name during your move here, please contact Gyrfalcon with your new name so that the appropriate information can be sent.

With a look of surprise upon his pale face, Brute stares in awe at the list of promoted. "Wow," he mutters to himself, "I'm a Quill-bearer." A slow smiles spreads across his white face and touches the ebony eyes set upon it. "Booze...I'll certainly need lots of it fer the celebration and such." The mage lumbers away from those gathered about the list. Emerald rings glitter brightly on each of his darkened hands as he silently counts the barrels required for the task at hand.

(Thanks for the promotion!! And congrats to everyone else who received one as well!)

Oh wow...*blushes bright red, stammers a bit, and trips over stuff as she goes to find a dark corner to hide in until her face goes back to it's normal color*

(Thanks! And congrats to everyone else too! (even mentioned that in my blog :P ))

Tralla appears, in her (un)usual in-and-out way, at a table in one ignored corner, head propped in hand. "Quest... Quill... Quill Quest..." she murmurs thoughtfully, tapping her chin with one finger. Her other hand drummed against the tabletop, long, carefully filed nails making a rhythmic clacking sound. "Hmm... Decisions... ... ... Blarg." Rising, she sighs and hitches a suddenly-there backpack back onto her shoulders. "Congratulations to all promoted, and keep it up to those who weren't. Your turn will come." With tha, she is gone again, table, backpack and all.

Hmm... I knew I shouldn't have posted the promotions list so late in the evening. It seems that there's a significant error on it...

Vincent Silver, you needn't worry about not being promoted, as you should in fact be promoted to Page. Apologies for the Elders missing it when we first posted and formed the list, we all make mistakes some times... I'll edit and correct the list, adding on Vincent's promotion, right now.

Once again, my apologies for the confusion and congratulations to Vincent Silver on being promoted to Page! :)

I haven't had a chance to read the Pen for the last week or so, or I would have replied to this a lot sooner...

That said... :)

A: :wolf: I'M A QUILL BEARER!!!!! *Canid accepts the simple phoenix feather quill, tears in her eyes and passes out promptly, leaving her writer to say the rest.*

B: Just my opinion here, maybe isolated but I think it's important.

From what I've gathered, the Pen is Mightier than the Sword is a long-term community. Many people have been here for years. Thus it seems only right that members be promoted in the long term and two months, to me at least, seems insufficient time. It also seems to mean more that way but again, that might just be me.

I'd be more than happy if promotions were done every six months - it's not forever, but it's time enough to see the full range of a person's abillities.

C: When do we get our Quill-Quests? :D

I agree that the Pen is a long-term forum and everyone shouldn't be moved up a step every two months, I think six months may be a little long, especially for the step between initiate and page. After all, that amounts to as much as six months without any say in member issues. It seems, at least to me, that becoming a page shouldn't take that long. It's really a step that takes much less time.

And just because there are promotions every two months doesn't mean everyone's getting moved along each time. I've been at the Pen for almost a year now (about 10 months), and I wasn't promoted every two months, nor did I expect to be. I think that as long as the elders keep in mind the quality of posting and activity in the community that each position necessitates, there shouldn't be any problem with people moving up too quickly.

And finally, when DO we get our quill quests?!?!? :D