The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Promotions

Presented for the first time in the puissant pen performance, we bring you six tales of wisdom, mystery and imagination:

In

PROCELEUSMATIC PAGES OF PURANA

After meeting an apparition of Charles Brasch, a young woman sits down later that night to record this in her journal - only to find she now has the power in her pen to put people in her shoes in a brand new way.

Thus was born the enigmatic heroine The Scrivener.

Mazrimhatter, whatwas thematter? Whydid youquit ourtea thatday?

Sucha lovelybrunch. Wasit toomuch, mynattering onabout thesun,

thesky, ourwords, thatplace?

Ifyou've anopinion, dearsir, observethe gladmanners;

defrayany attitudeyou mayhave alreadyheld

andsay sointo therafters.

This was the bizarre letter that Matt Heard threw away after it mysteriously appeared under his apartment door. He was at first unsettled, but ultimately dismissive.

It changed the aspiring poet laureate's career forever.

'Hi' Perez knew she had been born different. It was not until she reached the age of adulthood that she realized how different. Even though she had always been able to see in the night as clearly as day, to sense things using neither eyes nor ears, but just as acutely, and to stretch and squash and disappear, just as a shadow does, it was all too easy to take for granted that which she had always lived with, for these abilities being ever present had steered her thoughts away from questions as "Can anyone else do what I do?"

...until her life took a turn that demanded she be a warrior or a casualty...

and in

QUILL-DRIVERS, QUIDDITY, AND QUESTION

Gina Feth, the great-great-granddaughter of the Puck himself wandered the Earth for decades in isolation after the waning of the faerie. Those who did not die in the great wars, or from being hunted by fearful humans had long since gone into hiding, and Gina had become separated from her family in World War II. She had survived by masquerdaing as a war orphan, and had been united with a loving family who doted on her. All had been well enough since then, until her life changed forever once more: she found out that there had been elves and other sprites secreted in families and businesses everywhere in her community, and she had been living alongside them the whole time. She was the first to pluck up the courage to introduce herself, and soon the rest followed her example. They now meet to discuss the rebuilding of faerie society...

On an expedition searching for lost British diamond mines, before her companions could react, Gail Evenen was attacked and dragged off by a lion. The massive beast's assault left her miraculosly unharmed, and she wrote it off as odd experience, nothing more, until a mugger threatened her daughter back home.

She found out that day that she had become something new- Gail had gained the ability to increase her speed, agility, strength and senses a hundredfold as well as nails that were razor-sharp claws whenever her friends or loved ones were threatened. She became Lioness, protector and champion of the Evenen clan.

For years Greg Van Dasao looked at the world around him, and saw the lies, the theft, the murder, the corruption, and became more and more disheartened. He finally sat down and contemplated suicide rather than face the drear and dessication that seemed to overwhelm humanity's very soul. Even as his eyes strayed from the kitchen's knife rack, they chanced upon an issue of Superman - its' ragged cover peeking out at him from inbetween long unread tomes.

It may have been chance, it may not have been, but that was when Greg made his decision. He donned a red cape and cowl, and took to the streets as the avenging hero known only as The Cape.

A renewed hope has permeated the city in the prescence of this simple yet magnetic masked crusader, and threatens to spread still further...*

*Translation from Comic Book Geek to English:

(In order of appearance)

Promoted from Initiate to Page:

Phoenix

madhatter

zepheri

Promoted from Page to Quill Bearer:

Nightfae

Evangeline

Savage Dragon

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Sorry so late. {:>(

Oh, and all of you now know at least *one* way to anagram your names. {:>)

Wow! Thank you! That's so cool, I didn't even think about anagraming my name!

Uh, so what does this mean, now?

*Ayshela pounces each promotee in turn, congratulating each heartily*

Rah! Congratulations! Well deserved, and I even get to be the first to pounce you! =)

Aren't you lucky?

*giggle*

(Evangeline - answer in PM.)

*bounces in, singing* "Congratulations! And Celebrations! Nuhnununananananananana...naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" *looks around sheepishly, coughs a few times as if nothing happened, and bounces out again*

OOC: Congratulations people! ^_^

Guest Phoenix

Wow....

*Blushes*

THIS IS SO COOL....!!!!!!!

*re-tacklehugs everyone just as their recovering from the last round*

Thank you so much hehehe...

:wub:

*bursts into flame & leaves the room singing @ the top of her lungs*

• 2 months later...

Doh!

*madhatter stumbles out of the closet*

Good god! For how many ages have I been locked up in there? Appy! Appy, why would you lock me in there?! Ahhh the the lights! They're too bright.

He glances down and notices a crumpled piece of parchment that has seen many a shoe track on its face. A promotion party?! Wah? And I missed it. He takes a closer look and reads m-dhatter. Wait a tick!

That's me!

Weee, thank you so much guys. But man do I have a story for my absence. It'll be up shortly. And expect me on IRC soon. :) Congrats to the other promotees!

• 2 weeks later...