The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Life Question # 5

Salinye

(Has it been a week yet and it's time to post another one of these? Errr, I'm not sure, but I think it's close enough lol!)

If you could possess one supernatural ability, What would it be and why?

~SupAr SAlinye!! *Shows the big S on her chest*

If I could have one supernatural ability...

It would be to be able to have at will the body and/or the abilities and/or the equipment and/or the powers of any character or characters who has appeared in a comic book and to have whatever is taken from said character(s) would work.

~~~

Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame. ~ Erica Jong

We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse. ~ Rudyard Kipling

They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. ~ Andy Warhol

We must exchange the philosophy of excuse for the philosophy of responsibility. ~ Barbara Jordan

For me the supernatural ability would be to fit in this Era.. i don't understand how anybody else does it. :huh:

But since that's probably not what was meant I'm going to have to go for Flying and Telepathy, the ability to be truly free in movement and to be truly capable of relaying my thoughts and feelings.. ^_^

~as a side note, I Like these questionthingies! Just wanted to say.. :flower: ~

Edited by Appy

If I had to choose just one thing, and could actually have it, it would be the gift of healing. Too many of the people I know are hurt in one way or another...

Second to that, I'd choose the ability to communicate directly mind to mind with someone else at will. (Assuming, of course, that they could "speak" as well) That could be really interesting if they happened to be dreaming at the time... And I wouldn't have to spend so much of my time in front of this funny looking box we call the computer.

I thought about this one for a long time too. Like many people all the usual cool ones came to mind, flying, invisibility, time control, etc. However, I came up with two. The reason I say two is because one might be a cop out, you might not consider it a super natural ability. That is the ability of unconditional Love. I would just LOVE to be able to love everyone unconditionally. Not have judgements, offenses, stupid hangups etc. I really think that would be a supernatural ability because I don't think anyone can do it! BUT since I'm not sure that counts, the other one I thought of would be to have a shield.

Like any time I chose I could surround myself or anyone I chose with a magical invisible sheild so that no one could hurt that person. That would be an incredible power! I wouldn't have to ever fear physical harm for myself or those close to me! That would ROCK! I would love to have that power. Too bad the sheild wouldn't protect us from emotional pain, eh? But then again, that's what helps us grow as people! I would say a close third is healing. I would love have real life clerical powers!

So there you have it. I either want to be able to love everyone unconditionally, or I want to have magic BUBBLE BOY powers..../snicker K, not like bubble boy ! lol :0)

Simply put I would have to be omnipotent insofar as our limited imaginations can comprehend such a state (at our current tech level).

Reason: There is nothing else that could unite this planet for a very long time other than for them all to agree on one leader. To do so - such a leader would have to be godlike. With me leading as a figurehead I could create a council of nations that "would" actually have to make decisions together for the betterment of this planet. I would of course eliminate capitalism and get to VETO council votes if I wanted. But as soon as we finished cleaning up the mess we've made here we could start to grab a piece of the rest of the universe before other races get too far ahead.

:wolf:

Most of the above can be achieved via various psychotropic chemicals and exotic 'erbs

I want the supernatural ability to drive a car like a mental without having accelerated detrimental effects on the car itself

Or the ability to wake up early and not feel like going back to sleep

Both would be helpful

I would want to be able to change, at will into any species. I have always wondered how birds, bats, dogs, snakes and all maner of creatures think and see and sense the world - it is not enough just to guess what ultraviolet looks like...

Hm... this is a good question. Basically, my supernatural ability of choice would be to transform into a kitsune (Japanese fox spirits). Kitsune are shapeshifters and magic users, and that would give me all the rest of the abilities I might like- teleportation, invisibility, the ability to drop fireballs on people who have aggravated me beyond control.... *grins evily* Well, maybe not a real fireball, but a convincing illusion might scare them sufficiently.

Teleportation would be really cool, especially if I could do it like they do in the Wheel of Time series. I was going to say some other stuff, but I realised having all god-like powers would be kind of lame (to me anyways..) So yeah, if I could open a door, that when opening could slice through anything that touches it, then travel to wherever I felt like, that'd be sweet. Of course, I'd probably turn into a common criminal, because I wouldn't work, and I'd just take what I wanted and teleport away to a safe spot no one knew about or something like that, but hey, that's the way it goes some times.

HAH! Vincent if you EVER figure out how to keep stupid crap from happening, i'll keep you... you'll be my pocket-Pennite forever!!!

(insert evil laughter here)

*G*

umm. oddly enough, i was seriously contemplating posing this question last week. i would choose...

of abilities designed specifically to be of help to others, healing would definitely be my first choice.

of abilities more specifically to *my* benefit (though i'd hope i could hang on to someone or something and take them with me).. teleportation, most definitely! As someone who puts on an average 100K miles a year, i could stand to be able to teleport!!

For a long time I thought it would be great to be able to change a person's mind - to convince them of the evil of their ways or to grow into what I thought was a particularly positive direction.

But now I would settle for just being able to make up my own mind.

I think the power of our own intent is our most miraculous power, and while I'm not sure just how we are defining 'supernatural', I feel it is definitely divine.