The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Nothing really important

Wow that sucks. I don't think we've ever had someone leave because of anything like this before...I mean sure people have left...but it's always been over personal stuff...*sighs*

It's always the good ones that give up - though I fail to see the hatred anywhere around here.

Wyvern sighs and humbly bows to Degenero Angelus, very sorry to see a venerable Pen member leave and apologizing for elements of the community that may have offended him. Patting Deg on the back and shaking his hand firmly, the overgrown lizard rubs his scaly chin in contemplation and wishes Deg the best while directing posters towards the thread...

Manners and Consideration

Required reading for all people that haven't seen it yet.

"Nothing really important"? *Sighs* I really don't know what to say... and it bothers me. I guess I'll just have to settle for this.

My deepest apologies if anything I've done has (directly or in-) contributed to the situation. It's far too late for that to mean anything, but I would feel bad if I didn't say something... And good luck in finding some place that suits your needs better.

I don't see the competition or hatred myself... Maybe I'm just blind. Wouldn't surprise me... I can't even put together an adequate goodbye message.

Sorry to see you go. *Hugs*

I too have decided that it is time for a change. It is mostly for personal reasons, though I also think the Pen has strayed from what it was supposed to be. But really, it is just time for Zool to hang up the rubber chicken.

Perhaps I'll be by on occasion to post some writing.

http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?act=...f=13&t=7729&hl=

Deg, Zool,

I'm sorry you feel this way. It is truly unfortunate, to say the least. You're hands down two of the best members the Pen has had (in my humble opinion).

Deg, if you're seeing hatred (and I only put it that way since I haven't seen any - not that I've really looked), then I can completely understand. We'll be here if you change your mind. I know that may be of little comfort, but it's important anyways.

Zool - yeah, we never really talked, but to put it as my bro would say, you're cool. ;) Also, know it or not, inspiring. :) Both indirectly and directly, I would not be here if it weren't for you.

The Pen has evolved, for both better and worse I think. I'm sorry if it doesn't coincide with your views anymore. I'm also sorry I could not write more on the topic, but I am somewhat (as ironically usual) lost for words. I'll miss you both - it definately won't be the same without you. Drop by once in a while and post... Be well.

Laugh. Love. Live.

Yours,

- Justin

Deg - Well, I am sorry to see you go but at least I see you everday anyway. I do have to say that I agree that the pen has changed, I think it has become more impersonal. Which has been bothering me, as well.

Zool - haven't really talked to you, but you were always interesting. Lol. Sorry to see you go.

Edited by Archaneus

i have read the Manners and Consideration post. It was one of the first things i did and was read before i ever even registered. if i have offended, i apologize abjectly and would far rather remove myself than have anyone leave because of anything i said. i have feared that i should not have posted opinions which may have been unpopular, though i tried desperately to do so in an inoffensive way. did i fail?

i'm sorry. if the Pen would be better by my leaving, and those who belong here feel able to stay, i will by all means go. Never, ever, did i intend to cause anyone harm or upset.

i'm sorry.

Ayshela... I wouldn't worry... doubt it's you. I don't seem to recall reading anything offensive on your part at all. Everyone has conflicting views, and I am glad we respect eachother here enough to discuss them and not attack each other. I think you've discussed perfectally well.

As for the problem areas, well, I guess I missed them myself... perhaps because I've been away so long. anyhoo... I'll be sorry to see y'all go.

Brute pats Ayshela on the back and gives her a hug and a warm smile. No tears, now miss. If everyone leaves, I'll be all alone boo-hooing myself a river in here.

Deg, Zool. You two are inspirational. truly. We will never replace what you both have to offer to the Pen. I cannot express the profound loss we will feel in your absence. How many have become a part of the Pen due to the efforts of Zool and a few others that stood at the founding? Many of us. And like ripples on water, we brought others to share what we had found. The growth was likely never forseen by the founding members, but it grows nonetheless. Your decisions to leave, I respect. When you both leave, take with you the knowledge that you made significant impacts on the community of the Pen and on the individual members. May you both find comfort and peace. Friendship and welcome will always await you both here. You both will be sorely missed, so do stop by now and again to sample the booze and tell us how things are going.

Brute gives each a farewell hug and stuffs a few necessities in their travel packs: a map, flask of booze, spare flask of booze, umbrella, and a flashlight.

Deg & Zool..

I both knew you a bit.. Not the closest we were, but still on the less I enjoyed both of your company. I am trully sorry you guys are leaving. Your writing will be missed.. AS the pen changes, whether for good or for worse as it goes, I know it wont be the same without you.. Ciao and take car.

Am sorry you feel this way deggy... well best of luck to you... as some solace i offer up my two traveling poems to ease you journey and maybe one day speed you return...

Traveling

Traveling this time again,

Always going where, you have not been

It's always sad to leave a friend

Not always glad to begin again...

But leaving her or him or them...

Doesn't break the friendship in-

-to scattered remnants of a dream

Where laughter left and all seem'd mean

Fore time need not, be stopped.

Nor revived

To a place where friendship thrived.

If you leave behind, so be it then

Now go forward now, and make amends...

For now you have a choice to choose

To live with the past, with ghosts you use

Or to smile upon, the gleam of dawn

That lights the way, you trek upon...

--------------

Pass

Time has passed

a bit or so,

since last that time,

you had to go...

The reasons why?

The world, of course

With all the trials and sad remorse...

Turning 'bout, you're back again

And open arms invite you in

To tell your tells and what has past

Of time left lost, and friendships fast...

Good luck,

revery

the dreamlost

"if i don't hold her up, will she just fall down..."(aimee mann)

the dream continues...

Dear Degenero... I gave my thoughts in another section of the site, but you shouldn't have been surprised that I'd be sad to see you go, right? I hope that you will come back, and I will do my best to see to it that you will find a Pen worthy of you when you do. I will miss you.

Zool, those hopes extend to you just as much. This place won't be nearly as lovely without your prismacolor presence, so please try to leave us a little bit of time here and there as you reorder your life. I'll miss your evil influence until you're once again fully entrenched in the Pen. All of my best wishes to you...

Sincerely,

~Yui