The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy birthday Wyvern!

Congrats Mighty Elder of Initiates!

My present was sent some time ago, but it seems to have gotten lost in the post...

And my card was also sent several weeks ago... but, um... it too has vanished into the postal ether...

Oh, and my email was sent automatically just the other day... but we, er... well, we um, had a server crash and all the emails were deleted....

But the thought was there!!!!! :D

Stands up, salutes, and informs the gathered people he's briefing that something more important has come up.

Scurrying over to the door, he steps through and suddenly is an Ancient Half-Elf in the Pen.

Happy Birthday Wyvern!!! I'm sorry I'm so busy right now I can't take you to lunch to celebrate it. Raincheck?

He hands Wyvern a very limp piece of water with words like "I.O.U." and "Wyvern" floating around in it. The Almost Dragonic Sainted Elder nearly cries when he realizes if he tries to alter it in any way, say... to put in money or the name of an expensive restaurant... it will liquify and flow away.

Careful with it! Although I understand money usually flows through your hands like water anyway...

Leaving Guido and Nuncio, morosely wearing party hats instead of their usual fedoras, to pass out the punch and cake (Guido is using his switch blade to cut the cake), Peredhil looks around.

Something's missing and it's not me for another minute...

Snapping his fingers, he smiles. He summons his portal and steps through but it doesn't fade. Instead Elrohir and Elladan both step through.

Elladan looks brightly at the assembly and smiles a sunny smile.

I was at the old place... so THIS is where everyone went...

Guido quickly hands him some cake.

"Yey!" shouts the hamster as he enters the celebration of Wyv's day of birth. He joins with his fellow big bellied companions and they begin the disco fever singing:

"Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight!"

This continues on for several hours until the final hammy falls on his back fom exhaustion.

In walks crowgirl, and she hears loud "eeeeeppps" from below.

She cries, " Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't see any of you down there!"

The hamsters were furious and stormed out on their hind legs.....limping and holding thier sides.

Zariah spots Wyv in the corner and says, "Happy Birthday."

They walk out the conservatory and go out for pizza.

Cerulean smiles her greetings and best wishes to Wyvern, before handing him a delicately gift-wrapped miniature golden camel. In tiny teeny lettering across the camel's hump, Wyvern can make out the phrase Eid Milad Sa'eed Habibi. Even as the almost dragon is puzzling over what possible use he could find for so strange a gift, Scarlett is attempting to nudge the clinking bag of geld away from him with the side of her foot.

Happy Birthday Wyvie! :)

Thanks everyone, for the birthday wishes! :)

Wyvern procedes to scheme ways to recieve the largest portion of cake while playing a game of 'foot tug-of-war' over Stick's bag of geld with Ms. O Harpy... The overgrown lizard carefully places the rapidly disintegrating piece-of-water-I.O.U he had recieved (a rare occurence where the almost-dragon decides to keep something water-related!) into a safe pocket of his tunic, along with the golden camel. Fighting a losing battle in the 'foot tug-of-war', the overgrown lizard finally plants a clawed toe into the fabric of the bag and lets out a triumphant laugh... only to be foiled as several hamsters run by and send him spinning at high speed...

;p

Canid trots in happily, fashionably late in a "Happy Wyvern Day!" cloak, Prospero beside her and trailed by a procession of alligators on either side of a column of purple fuzzies carrying something very, very large - about the size of Minyex (her pet dragon) infact - covered in a huge Wyvern-red blanket.

"Happy birthday Wyvern!" chimes the wolf. "I arranged for a special gift to be retrieved from the alligator's river for your birthday; so this is from all of us."

The wolves step aside and the procession stops as what could be a single purple fuzzy (it's hard to tell because the object covers it like a bannana leaf placed over an ant - only more-so) moves forward, singularly supporting the gift.

Wyvern reaches forward tentatively and pulls off the blanket, revealing.....

A solid geld coin with a six-foot radius, recognizable as the one that had sunk into the mud of the alligator river some months back.

The fuzzy beneath the coin begins squeaking, the squeaks barely recognizable as words:

"Happy birthday to you!

This present's for you!

We hope you don't like it,

'Cause we want it too!"

The fuzzies between the alligators nod with great repidity; Canid gives them a scowl. :Fuzzy:

Happy Birthday Wyvern! I talked with a friend, and they arranged to give you back your soul for your birthday. You may either resell it, or keep it, as you choose.

Seriously, though, have fun and enjoy what remains of your birthday. I'd suggest carrying it on through tomorrow, but people might not appreciate it.

Brute arrives at the party. late as usual, and quickly spots Wyvern. "Hullo, O Scaly One! Happy birthday, my friend." Brute offers the almost-dragon a map that indicates the location of an actual dragon hoarde. "I dunno if it's authentic or even guarded, but I thought you could find some way to profit from it nonetheless." With that, Brute smiles and turns towards the door. He whistles loudly and waves. "Ok, fellas! Bring 'em in!" Several large brutish men begin carrying in barrel after barrel of booze. "A little something to wash down the cake with," Brute offers with a wink.

(I hope you have an excellent birthday. May you always be in the good company of friends and family on this celebrated day and all others to come.)

OOC:

Happy Birthday, Wyvern!

IC:

Gyrfalcon finally reached the head of the line presenting best wishes and gifts to Wyvern and hands the almost-dragon a small piece of paper. On it is simply written

On this day, the 20th Day of March,

I, Gyrfalcon No'Dessu, rescind half of Wyvern's debt.

He grins at Wyvern's slightly crestfallen expression. "That's still a couple billion geld, my friend. Happy Birthday to you! Geld, debt reduction, Melba on vacation... good day, eh?" the half-elf patted Wyvern on the shoulder and then wandered towards the purple fuzzies.

"You fuzzies don't even think about taking the coin, got it?" he said sternly. The fuzzies looked up at him until Canid poked a few with her nose, then sullenly nodded.

Wyvern thanks everyone once again for their good wishes and knocks Brute's large barrel of booze over, afterwards hopping onto it and using it as a method of transport by means of skillfully rolling on it with his feet. Rushing towards the gigantic gold coin on his barrel and rubbing his palms together gleefully at the thought of having enough money to try out his list of "even-more-sure-fire-yet-also-more-expensive" schemes, Wyvern doesn't notice how close he's getting to the gargantuan object... As a result, the overgrown lizard crashes straight into the coin, breaking the barrel of booze and creating an almost-dragonic indent on the coin's surface in the process... Wavering unsteadily as the people that had gathered (including the wiggly cabbages) cringe at this sight, Wyvern topples over right before the gigantic coin procedes to do likewise, and collapses directly on top of the overgrown lizard...

After a great deal of effort from several purple fuzzies and Pen members, a battered and bruised Wyvern is dug up from the ground and slowly rejuvinated back to health. Looking around himself cheerfully despite any physical damage that had been done, the overgrown lizard procedes to partake in a Peredhil-like group hug involving Zool's usefull "Extendo-Hug-Arms ™"

;-)

OOC: Once again, thanks everyone... your wishes mean a lot to me. :)