The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Check-in Here

Snypiuer

People have posted elsewhere to give an update and status report, for those of you that desire a more concrete place to post, you can post here. Just tell us how often you check-in as a guest and what you do when you are here, how often you log-in, WHY you log-in, why you DON'T log-in, why you may have cut-back or stopped coming to the site, what YOU want to see on the site that would increase YOUR interest in it, WHATEVER you may think will HELP us out.

You can just post a list or make it a story, however you feel like doing it.

Thanks for the help!

A faintly familiar figure slips through the Cabaret door, cloak gently swaying as the door swings shut behind her. She looks around, curious as it sinks in how very quiet the normally bustling tavern is. She takes note of who is there as she weaves between the tables to approach the bar. With a faint smile she tosses a few geld on the bar, saying "Scotch rocks. Double. And a round for the house."

She takes her drink and drifts off to a table by the hearth. A bit of stirring with her finger, then she sips her scotch, smiling in approval. "Nice. Ozy always did keep the good stuff." She swallows half of it, then pulls her hood down further. She leans back, tipping her chair against the wall, and through half-closed eyes settles in to watch.

I've been swallowed whole by life, of late. PMs go to my e-mail, though, as they always have. :)

'Course you already know how often I'm here...;) But I'll post anyway!

I'm on the Pen at least once a day, more often than not multiple times based on my schedule, but I don't always feel the desire to post. I'm a pretty lazy writer, to be honest, and don't necessarily write unless I'm specifically inspired. :P Occasionally I post something that I have done, but since my output is so low these days, that isn't often at all. I'm perpetually logged in, and only log in when I have to because my connection timed out from day to day! My interest would be in more Pen based role play adventures. I love interacting with our characters within and without the Pen complex, and am always spurred to better my writing through such things. It would be cool to have a forum based solely in the comings and goings of Pen characters.

I log in every now and then, sometimes once a week, sometimes more, sometimes not for two weeks and then I'll drop by. Why? There are times when I don't feel creative, and other times to see if anyone else has posted anything of interest.

I don't especially want to see anything more or less on the site - well, maybe increased activity ;). Sorry this isn't very helpful!

Drop in a few times a week, sometimes daily, but mostly just to skim and not to thoroughly read everything. Continuing to orient my focus towards having fun and making friends in real life, and it's going exceptionally well for the most part. Currently have about 4 or 5 shows I'm planning to attend over the course of the next two weeks, going to see some indie rock and some scream-y metal stuff from different bands my friends are part of, plus checking out some great underground rap shows of course, at least one of which I'm hoping to attend with a gal I'm rather fond of. Watching loads of films... 80s sleaze has been a reoccuring motif recently, but also checked a couple contemporary art documentaries ("Exit Through the Gift Shop" was rather interesting). Nice to see you holdin' the place up Snyp, your podcast idea was great.

SQUEAK, comments the rat skeleton in a black, hooded robe.

A young man dressed in the finest silks and satin, with immaculately coiffed hair, looks up from fastidiously tearing the pages from a hardback copy of 'Twilight' and tearing each one in half before letting the pieces flutter to the floor.

The cutlass at his hip bobs slightly as he sets down the abused book and turns to the audience.

"I believe what my commander means to say is 'Once or twice a month'."

He smiles, tight-lipped, and turns back to his methodic work.

A cloaked and hooded figure of short stature slips silently into the room, sitting down on the fireplace with a muted rustle. Pulling a dagger out of her boot and two more from her sleeves, she begins to juggle. Muttering can be heard issuing from under her shadowing hood. They sound suspiciously like "Glad high school is done... should have more time for the keep... blasted muse ran off again... bounty hunters would be nice... wonder if Bob accepts payment in dagger skills?" followed by a louder "I should be on at least once a week now. I'll possibly post some things now that weekly papers aren't draining my brain dry of ideas."

A young gentleman dressed in fine purple, steps forward looking nervously around. He takes the top hat from his head and delivers a gracious bow.

"Good day lords and ladies...and rodents. Sir Walnut is at your service."

I stop by 2-3 times a week, just to see what kinda trouble you folks are stirring up.

And I can never seem to make a single post without suddenly needing to edit it. Sigh.

Edited by Sir Walnut Reginald Trouble Tophat

Just wanted to thank everyone that has checked-in and hope to see more.

ALSO, nice to see Wyv! Hope you're having FUN! Keep us posted - when you can.

As to the podcast idea, that was ALL Jason. He is working hard at it and just needs more input from others. People are trying to figure out a way to coordinate it better. Once THAT'S accomplished, there should be a bigger variety of people and topics, along with a more stable/consistent schedule.

Just another reason we NEED to know who and what we have to work with!

Once again, thanks everyone and THANKS JASON!!!!!!

Someone stumbles over Snypiuer's foot as he listens to the answers he receives. He looks up at the speaker, slightly puzzled at how anyone could stumble over a foot that wasn't even sticking out.

"Sorry, sorry!" Gwai mumbles, coloring a little at his awkward entrance. "I'll be here sometimes, but a true gardener must follow where the plants are. Sometimes that can require long trips elsewhere. May your plants always bloom joyfully."

when things are going well I pop in here once a day to at least see if there is any birthdays to note. don't usually bother to sign in nowadays since I don't have much to say and not enough going on to need it marked off for me. Followed Tanny from elsewhere for werewolf games that eventually dried up and never really fully intergrated into here otherwise so mostly lurked with occasional posts.

In a small graveyard hidden in the woods surrounding the Mighty Pen Keep, a crypt door slowly opens, releasing appropriate amounts of dust and cold air. It takes a while, but eventually the necromancer shuffles out as well, taking time to let his eyes adjust themselves to the sunlight. Once this is done, he looks down at himself and sighs.

It might not be such a bad idea to spend some more time in the land of the living. The body could certainly use some food and movement ...

Nodding slightly, he starts making his way to the keep to see what all the commotion is about, leaning heavily on his staff as limbs which have lain unused for so long slowly start getting used to being active again.

OOC: Even though I rarely visit these days, I am still proud to consider myself a Pennite. The rush of real-life is mostly what has been keeping me away (just wait until I remember who told me to get a life - breathing privileges will be revoked!).

The best way to get a hold of me would be via messenger or the IRC chatroom - I still lurk there and will be alerted about nick highlights by my chat client. It's good to see the Pen doesn't require necromancy just yet though ;-)

• 1 month later...

A tiny glowing spot appears in a dusty room deep within the depths of The Might Pen keep.

Slowly, as if burdened or restrained by a lack of time and magical energy, it expands... mystical energies crackling around its edges as time seems to hang in the balance.

Eventually having expanded to a double hands width its growth hesitates and stops and for a brief instant its surface reflects a dusty abandoned room.

Moments later a scraggly bedraggled Gryphon feather floats through the tiny portal and drops to the derelict desk below, and with scarcely a pop the little portal vanishes as if it were never really there.

The feather, caught on an invisible breeze dances over to an ink well, dipping its self before dancing back to a piece of parchment, the dust stirred slightly by its passage.

Slowly the feather scratches out a message:

"Help me, I've been sucked into a pool of Real Life and can't get out! - Gryphon"

Moments later the feather falls to the desk, it's task done, magic spent. The dust begins to settle once more.

OOC: I sign in when I remember, and sometimes I even find something like the inspiration to post something while I'm here, but for the most part life does seem to be keeping me busy and plenty entertained.

• 3 weeks later...

The Raven lands in a corner and envelopes itself in the humaniod form of Cryptomancer. From a sleeve of his runic cloak the Cryptographicly possessed mage draws out a small silver mirror and looks at his reflection.

shifting slightly in the chair, he look sa t the desk in front of him, glancing between reflection and desk a few times, before changing once more to (his now far more common) avian form.

Muttering rather loudly, but to no-one in particular, "ok... some guy in a hat asked me a question and it has me confused... why is a Raven like a writing desk?"