The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Ayshela Promoted

Gwaihir

"Ayshela!" Gwai calls in a loud voice that tries to sound official.

"Hereby, by the powers vested in me I declare to you, to all of The Pen is Mightier than the Sword and to sundry, that because of your constant writing effort, because of your cheerful helping and critiquing and because of your incredible Quill Quest that is so much enjoyed that it continues on to this day, I do order that from this time onward all should no longer know you as a Quill Bearer, but as a full Troubador."

OOC: Congratulations! :)

The Huntress approached Ayshela with a pleased look, stopping a bit outside of hugging range. She bowed slightly from the waist to honor her new peer's success.

A very deserved promotion, Ayshela. Your Fall Ball is a smashing success, and I hope we can have similar events in the future.

So saying, Yui's sober expression gives way to a bright smile, and she hands Ayshela a box containing her new silver-and-wood quill. Although similar to Annael's recent gift, the pattern of metal channels in the wood were as utterly unique as Ayshela herself was.

I would also like to voice my approval. Thank you for being one of the first people (consistantly) to respond to a thread. The Fall Ball has been a wonderful diversion and a tremendous opportunity for newcomers such as myself to meet the various characters that populate the pen.

Ayshela blushes hotly and accepts her Quill with an embarassed smile.

"Thank you all, i'm honoured. i hope only to live up to the confidence you've displayed."

Ayshela hugs her friends warmly and looks about for a nice dark corner to slip into, far out of the spotlight.

It surprised no one that Gwaihir was too spacey to remember anything that happened around him so it was fortunate when he was handed a note that informed him of what had gone on inside.

Standing in the edge of the spotlight, Gwaihir was in the center of the semi-circle, acting as the Vice-Loremaster in Ozymandias' absence. To either side of him, the Elders quietly murmured among themselves as they waited.

The membership were mostly quietly talking to one another, with the exception of Lady Celes Crusader, who bounced up and down impatiently.

A growing wail with muffled words was heard approaching the chamber, and the door finally burst open, with Guido and Nuncio carrying Ayshela between them, her feet several inches above the ground and a blur of running motion reminiscent of the Road Runner of Looney Tune fame.

Behind her, Elrohir limped with the wry expression of an Elf sent to get a Quill Bearer and encountering an accidental reflexive knee to the groin.

In full voice like a streaming steam whistle, Ayshela could now be heard.

"Nononononononononooooo! I-don't-wanna-be-promoted-in-fronta-everybody-a-nice-little-corner-and-I'll-be-fine-and-it's-really-no-bother- and-I'm-sorry-I-didn't-mean-to-be-a-member-its-okay-I'll-just-be-going-home-now-I'm-sorry-I-kneed-you-could-you-put-me-down-now-really-I-won't-run-nonononono!"

The sound cut off with a knife-edge suddeness that made the resulting silence echo loudly as she realized there were all those eyes looking at her. Her legs slowly ran down and stopped.

After a moment of sheer terror on her face, a blinding smile which clearly said, "Don't hurt me!" spread across her face.

Just then, Peredhil walked in (and a wary distance from those knees!)

"Hello everyone. May I present the newest Troubador of the Pen?"

Lady Celes cheered, and was quickly hushed.

Gwaihir and the Elders still looked nonplussed as the Pigs lowered her to the floor. Peredhil gently took Ayshela's limp hand and led her forward. Holding out his Ancient hand, he reminded them with his eyes. Tearing their gaze from Ayshela, they Voted - and Ayshela's Member Quill formed in his hand.

He turned and kissed her forehead and quietly murmured, "Really, this isn't how things are normally done, but from my hand to yours, from this, My Pen to you, my love and your Membership. I wish I could say I was giving your membership to you, but it would be a lie - you so very clearly earned it."

And the cheering began as everyone lined up to congratulate, hug, and welcome the newest Member, who stood with teary smile thanking them - and squeezing Peredhil's hand in a grip of steel. He returned it securely, not going anywhere as she got her well deserved moment of glory...

Heh... If I may quote Ayshela, here... I give this in reference to Gwaihir's post...

i LOVE it! and knowing who you mean, i don't think "pegged" does the thought justice.

*Smug look* I'm a firm believer in what one might call "Poetic Justice." :D

*Rehugs*

*Recongratulates*