The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Life Question # 6

Salinye

Have you *SEEN* most of the people at a nude beach...

lust is not an option... :P

But seriously...

This reads like a yes/no answer, but I'll follow the "thoughts" implication and give reasoning.

The readers roll their eyes at the thought of another Peredhil lecture :rolleyes:

Yes.

1) The human body is, in and of itself, a magnificent work of art. And the variety! Endless variations on a theme, unique ripples of the same water. A form so marvelously wrought that God used it as a metaphor for the current administration's called out ("church") in the New Testiment section of the Christian Bible.

2) Strangely enough, it's human psychology (after the first shock) to become rapidly bored with nudity. There's quite a mind-set difference to seeing lots of nude people, contrasted with thinking, "Oh my, she's NEKKID under those clothes! insert panting here(hormones are such a rush... Or worded differently, sometimes, you can be more naked in clothes than when everyone is wearing nothing. Kinda like finding you are loneliest in the middle of a crowd where everyone knows all but you.

I first noticed this effect at a beauty contest, of all things. Up on the stage were five pretty women in skimpy bathing suits, leaving little to the imagination. Prolly not a surprise that I was watching the audience and judges watch them. :P

I noticed all the judges (male) weren't looking at the contestants! Instead they were straining to look at a woman in a mini-skirt bent to drink from a fountain off to the side. The power of the unknown on the imagination...

A male's imagination is a woman's friend. All physical fantasy collapses into reality. There are all sorts of implications one can spin from that thought process, but I'll spare you.

I could go on with more reasons, but they are minor additions. Those two would be the primary ones.

For some reason I thought this might be a complicated question, like: Briefs or boxers? but instead you want to know if I would peel at a nude beach.

Heck NO! Believe me, you don't wanna see me naked. I would stick out like a carrot in a turnip salad.

Err, forget that last simile.

Yes.

Yes if I could swim a bit better :P

Hey, if nobody else is hiding I ain't and in fairness leaving would mean I'd have to go find another beach which is kinda a pain in the a$$ when I've got a nice beach just sitting right in front of me. I've probably got a six pack in some ice, some decent company and a sunny day to enjoy it in (I would never go to a beach in crap weather ;))

Its all good...

/me wanders off and gets towel to run around whipping all the naked a$$e$!! HOOPLAH!!!

:wolf:

I would with out a second thought . I have never been body shy. If you don't like the way i look then look the other way. LOL Besides swiming nude is a great feeling. When everyone is nude it just seems silly to leave your clothes on.

Edited by WrenWind

hm difficult question indeed.

I'll start by telling that i have worked in a Sauna (one of those were you are truly naked, no towels like you always see in the movies) and there it indeed felt weird to walk around in my working clothes.. you feel out of place. But then came the day that I went there with my boyfriend and we didn't know that my best friend worked there that day. He did NOT feel comfertable anymore, even though she probably didn't even notice him being naked, with all those other people around.

So thinking back to that, it would depend on who i'm with, if it's just my husband.. NO problem. Swim on! ^_^

But like EAN said after being to the Sauna with a big group of guys she saw in normal life aswell.. that's a bit "weird" the next day. I'd rather find a different beach then, instead of having to hear "funny" jokes the next day. Even though I myself have no problem with being naked, I would be uncomfertable with seeing all of my friends naked I think, and dogpiling is out of the question :P

PS: I am european btw, just to make a lil point ;)

Edited by Appy

In the end - probably not.

Although I have no moral or other objections to public nutity - and were I to strip, know I would feel right at home and very comfy despite a more-plump-than-is-healthy physique... there is one deterant.

I think a nudist beach would possibly attract a slightly higher percentage of perverts than normal.... maybe not but I can see it happening and there is no real way to tell.

My own policy regaurding perverts is stay as far away as possible....

thus I am afraid my car would turn around. Wouldn't it be nice if one didn't have to worry about such things?

Such is life.

Every time I go to the beach, I burn. I come home red as a freaking sundried lobster. I can lather myself with litres upon litres of sunblock 5000, it doesn't make a single bit of difference, I'll burn regardless

And there are some places man was not meant to burn

I'll let you figure the rest out yourselves

My answer is a resounding HECK NO NOT IF I WAS PAID OOGLES OF MONEY TO DO IT!

I am so NOT the exhibitionist. I would be WAY WAY too self concious. I wouldn't be able to get over the fact that people were looking at me naked. Oye, and seeing other people naked??? no thanks. And I don't say that just because I don't want to see people who aren't attractive to me naked. I don't want to see ANYBODY else naked! /shudder. No thanks. (Well besides my husband)

OH speaking of naked, men that read this, do all of us women a favor and just say no to speedos.

This important message was brought to you today by W.A.S. Women Against Speedos.

Thank you......

~Salinye :butterfly:

No. It is not that I am shy or ashamed of my body. Instead I am afraid of the panic I would cause to the public if I apeared in the . Hell I can picture it now.

I arrive to the beach in just my birthday suit. As people turn to look at me they only see this 5'11", 210lbs creature covered head to toe in thick brown hair. People let out screams as I near yelling things like "Its Bigfoot" or "Its a Bear" as they run for a building or a car. Next think I would notice I would be surrounded by the police, hunters, and zoo employees as they fire hunting rifles and traqulizer darts at me. In the end I would be released hundreds of miles from the nearest town, Thrown into a cage with other bears, or as somebody's rug.

*shudders at the thought*

Every time I go to the beach, I burn. I come home red as a freaking sundried lobster. I can lather myself with litres upon litres of sunblock 5000, it doesn't make a single bit of difference, I'll burn regardless

And there are some places man was not meant to burn

I'll let you figure the rest out yourselves

Bah, isn't Australia like all sun?

I personally wouldn't care either way - would only depend if its a nice beach, if I felt like swimming etc. Got nothing to hide :ph34r:

mmm i swear i answered this one too.. must be a post-eating gremlin about The Pen...

despite the fact that i've become more self-conscious as the years have dragged on.. (well, and maybe depending on whether i've had to deal with the kids' dad or not, and whether he's managed to sap my fledgling confidence or enrage me into rebellion..)

i was a born nudist, and for most of my life my sole creed has been "clothes are evil and shoes are eviler". i think i would probably take a firm hold on the position that if you don't like the view you're more than welcome to look elsewhere, ditch my clothes and hit the water.

I answered the question in this thread too... but it didn't take, I think.

I would leave, because I hate to force my presence where I'm unwelcome, and I don't like to be around those who are high on illegal substances. And if they wanted me there, that would be proof that they were high on something...

Simple as that.

*Nude ain't crude*

My new banner.

In response to W.A.S. (I would never even dream of wearing speedos) I have this to say...

Cast from your protection those females who wear skirts that end just over the knee. Either go full length or short - there can be no in between!! Also please make sure your "roots" are properly dyed by a decent hair salon and that make up is not worn or is worn very lightly. Thank you for listening.

Tsk - to think you could make a general statement about lads and avoid rebuke! Tsk tsk! :P