The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

September Pen Promotions!

Wyvern

The quiet halls of the Cabaret Room suddenly begin resonating with music as the Elder Dwarves of the Pen march in as a band, playing their own rendition of Snow White's "Hi Ho, Hi Ho!" Sexy is the lead vocalist (and commercial icon) of the group, Grumpy is on base guitar, Shiny plays the drums (symbols shiiiinnnny), Crazy blows into a kazoo, and Courteousy uses an elegant and delicate looking flute. Elsewhere, Greedy hands out pamphlets containing information on where to purchase the group's CDs while Silly offers bystanders banana refreshments...

As Pen members gather in the Cabaret Room to witness the curious spectacle of the dwarves performing, Wyvern rushes onto the center of the stage in a nice outfit that he had "borrowed" from Orlan's laundry basket... Though it was normally a very nice suite, the reptilian Elder's scales had caused it to become wrinkled and torn, and the fact that it wasn't washed didn't give it the most formal appearence either.

Raising his scaly arms into the air and silencing the band in the process, Wyvern whips out an eraser-shaped megaphone and exclaims:

"Hear yee, hear yee! Now that most of the Pen's membership has gathered in the room, I would like to announce the latest Pen promotions! The following people are to be promoted:"

Promoted to Page:

autumn_sun

Finnius

Merelas

Parmenion

Racouol

Rhapsody

Promoted to Quill-Bearer:

Aardvark

Sorciere

Wrenwind

Promoted to a Ranking above Quill-Bearer of Choice:

Salinye

"... that is all for the moment! If you feel you should have been promoted but weren't, simply continue posting and we'll get to upgrading your ranking come the next promotions (which will occur two months from now, on November 3rd). Congratulations to all! Please be patient, as it may take a bit of time to upgrade everyone to their new ranking..."

Having said this, Wyvern quickly wipes some sweat from his brow with his suite sleeve before taking a sip of booze from the Endless Decanter and exclaiming:

"Another announcement, this one concerning the Elder Dwarves that you see gathered here today. This may very well be their last collective performance togather, as many of them have passed the stage of Elder and wish to rest their dwarven bones a bit. Fear not, they'll always have a place in the Pen and will still make appearences here and there... just don't expect to see them in the normal dwarf line up. Having said this, I'm pleased to announce that two new dwarves will be moving to the Pen soon... If I'm not mistaken, their names are Bravery and Shady."

Having finished with his announcements, Wyvern proceeds to hop off of his podium to join the crowds of Pen members thronging in the hall, disappointed to see that the banana bread refreshments have run out...

Walking past the entrance to the hall Sorciere hears her name and steps closer to eavesdrop in case someone is trying to blame her for something

"Hey Parm, what's going on? I heard my name."

"You got promoted! You are a Quill Bearer!"

"A what?"

"Quill Bearer! I got promoted to page too!"

"Wow that's great!" smiles Sorciere as she huggles Parm tight

After running around the room congratulating everyone who got promoted Sorciere sneaks off quietly and heads for the library, to find out exactly what a Quill Bearer is, what it means and more importantly, if it means she gets paid!

OOC: Congrats to everyone! You all deserve it :D

P.S. I hate typos

Salinye smiles from the back of the room sitting quietly trying to stay out of the lime light and observing everyone as they contemplate and celebrate. How wonderful it felt to be among such talented and kind hearted people.

OOC: I forgot the specific list of titles, and I'm not sure where the codex wandered to, however, I feel it's probably most appropriate if I take the title that means avid rper, tale spinner etc. :0)

Thank you!! (apologizes for her ignorance of Pen Titles!)

~Salinye :butterfly:

Parmenion grabs Sorciere's hand before she can leave for the library and whisks her off to the pub to celebrate :D

Have to thank Wren for inviting me here initially to thepen and for encouraging and on her promotion and for playing Mom sometimes when I'm not around - just in general thank you, your the best :)

Big congrats to Salinye - don't know where you get the time and energy to contribute as much as you do but it was well deserved *three cheers*

/me big-ups everyone and runs for last orders.

:wolf:

As Lumpenproletariat pats a portrait of the ex-dwarf Sleazy, Idly the Elder Dwarf lounges in a comfortable easychair located in his dwarven quarters, doing nothing in particular. Suddenly remembering that he was supposed to be at a band meeting of the Elder dwarves today, the idle miniature version of Lumpenproletariat considers moving a muscle, but decides that idling in his chair is a bit more important in the end. Besides... he had a fine broadcast of the band's performance via the Mighty Pen channel on his T.V...

;p

*The nine Muses gather around Rhaps like fluttering consciences, urging the bewildered girl to sing praise to the benevolent Elders*

Ode to the Elders

Hear me, Quill-bearing Gods, today

Hear this unworthy groveling fey

High lords of the Mighty Pen

Add to my realm, another glen

Another open door

Another keep to explore

Deeper ideas to seek

Truer words to speak

O Elders who rule!

I'll not dishonor you.

To you