The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

For the phonic impaired...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrmm... to truly understand how one may speak and say my name, first, they must understand the whole name. So, like when we did this on the old boards (AM) let's analyze (sp?) each section, shall we?

'The' pronounced by placing one's tongue between their teeth and blowing a little bit, then pulling the tongu back somewhat and letting that e get out, all in one go. the. The is the glue that holds the worlds words together. Or at least, some of them. Heh, well, maybe not holds them together so much as joins them... starts them... umm, builds a foundation? I don't know, it's an important word. In english.

'Big' adjective, meaning large in size. Another nice three letter word. Rhymes with dig.

'Pointy' also an adjective, but means sharp. But not sharp like a sword. Sharp like a pin. Sharp that's like 'Ow, some one put something pointy in my eye, and now I can't see.' sharp. Of course, you could take out someone's eye(s) with a sword, but that's cheating.

'One' this is some sort of word, or maybe a number, depending on where you come from. Basically it means that there is one. What does one mean? Well, it means there's more than none. Less than two. Just one. Such as: "There is only one Big Pointy One. That's why we call him 'The' If there was more than one, we would all be dooomed." (Third 'o' in 'doomed' unintentional, but it works...)

There's some spaces between each word, but I'll leave that up to everyone's imagination. Here, we see them all together.

The Big Pointy One

also, my main alias,

BigPointyStick; BigPointy have already been defined and pronounced... well, not really, but that's okay. Stick is pronounced like this: "Stick." say it aloud a few times, get a feel for it, it's fun to say. "Stick.Stick.Stick.AllhailStick.StickStickStickhappyhappyStickStick." Like that, over and over, especially while you're sleeping. Or shopping. Or doing a job interview... anyways, I think I also have some other names that could use some defining:

Dierden Samshae (also Stick) Dee-air-den Sam-shay... pronounce the 'air' part lightly... although, that might be where the accent is... bleh.

Aidan Serradin (aka Sliver, which rhymes with liver) Ay-dan Ser-ra-din, simple stuff.

Rocoss; Rock-uss

Roxxia; Rock-see-ah

Mr.Bunny; Holy lord of the carrot... err, Miss-ter Bun-nee... heh...

...and that covers it, sure there's more, but I'm running out of humor. :tree:

Flutters her wings with some distress

how the heck do I pronounce my name??? I haven't the foggiest clue.

I think that's why half the people on here just use Ann or Rae Rae. hehe.

Okay, let's give this a try.

Annael = Ann-E-L (please stay away from the anal, PLEASE)

Rae Rae = Ray Ray

Simple enough I say....but then, who knows. I've found that after 23 years I still hear different pronounciations of my real name. Half of them come from my father ;)

:butterfly:

*Hugs Yui* Don't feel bad... I've been mispronouncing that one horribly, and I'm usually good at that sort of thing. I was biting my thumb at myself for a while, for that one. Can't beat a good Shakespearean insult.

"Do you bite your thumb at me, Sir?

(Is the law on my side if I say yes?)

JEER Falcon!?!?!?

:zombie: Ack!

I think I am mad at you, too. I always thought it was Gyr as in grrrrr. Gur! Like, the letter G!!!

*sigh*

I think I may have to stick with Tam on that, Gyr. I don't think I can start pronouncing your name Jeerfalcon. At least, new people may be able to learn from this thread. Train 'em while they're young!

Anyway:

somewhere halfway between

CAT - zan - ee - el

CAT - zan - yel

:cat: Katz

Sorry, dear. It's wholly Gyre falcon to me. As in GUY (like a man) er. LOL

That's how the innocent GyrE started on accident. my fingers wanted to type it like my brain was saying it!!

~SalinYAY

*shakes his head at thought of Jeering Gyr*

Okay... I have never had a complaint with the way anyone has said my name... just how they spell it...

it's

J - A - K - O - B

Pronunciation (or at least the ones I've grown to live with.):

JAE-kub (long A sound as in jade)

YAA-kub (Zadown introduced me to this pronunciation, I like it better)

• 4 months later...