The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Your Identity

Rune

When I first decided to register in an RPG-oriented board, it was because of an online comic strip called "Fuzzy Knights", in which stuffed animals gather around (in their case, on) a table to RP. So, I had my mind on stuffed animals (which I love and collect also), and sitting right on top of my computer was my little, cute, stuffed Tanuki (Japanese racoon-dog). Tanuki-chan seemed too long, and I had at the time the habit of referring to that tanuki as "tanuchan". So the nick was born. As I came from those boards to the Pen because of the Werewolf games, I kept the username. :)

As a curiosity, my Pen persona (the shapechanger Tanuchan) was born and fleshed out exactly because in that first Werewolf game here I was one of the werewolves. And to justify the nick, I had to keep the tanuki around in some way... and the double shapes for Tanny were born.

Edited by Tanuchan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point, I was bored with names, and decided to draw an ASCII picture. I ended up with a circle with flappies on either side. I thought it looked like a Winged Globe... and a legend of Terra was born... errr... hatched... errr... SOMETHINGED.

~O~

Recently, I realized that the figure of a winged globe does show up in a book I'd read MANY years ago: in Andre Norton's Crystal Gryphon series, the ancient Landis used as his emblem, a winged ball. I don't know if this image was lurking in my mind, or if things ended up being a parallel evolution, but I figured that it was at least fair to mention the existence of the symbol elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I suppose this is as good a place for an introduction as any I've yet seen here, so introduce I shall.

As you can probably see my identity here is Jayce. That's not my real name (my real name is Geoff for the curious amongst you) but it's what I shall go by here. I have chosen Jayce due to the people who introduced me to this little site, namely Parmenion and Appy, as it is the name that they know me by. They're old friends from my Archmage days and I still see Parm in the revamped, fan produced version called The Reincarnation where I still go by the name of Jayce.

Jayce as a name did not, however, originate with my AM days. Jayce was originally a D&D character I played, a Bard to be precise, and he was an absolute blast! I had great fun in that game. So how did he end up being called Jayce (or, rather, Jayce Mariadoc?) Well, at the time I was reading the Deverry series of books by Katherine Kerr (I highly recommend them by the way) and decided that I wanted a name with the same kind of feel as her characters. Thus Jayce Mariadoc was born and the name, although not the character, imported to AM and then TR where I remain to this day.

Regards,

Jayce

I read 2 books by David Gemmel many years agao called Lion of Macedon and Dark Prince.

In it was the character of Parmenion. Loosely based on the heroic Parmenion, one of Alexander the Great's best generals and a general of his father Prince Phillip before him.

The film lies by the way ;)

Parmenion was one of the best battle tacticians ever to have lived. Alexander only ever lost one battle and that was when Parmenion was not at his side. Parmenion never lost a battle.