The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXVII: signup & OOC

Tanuchan

You are now in Moria, the ancient home of the dwarves. Feel free to RP the jouney in there, with any details you want to include. You may explore the rooms, and stop for either eating or sleeping. Just keep in mind that you'll be going down for a while, and then upwards, through a labyrinthine series of stairs, corridors, and rooms. Below is a sketch of Moria, and a link for more info.

The horses here might be assumed to have followed their owners, as it would be cruel to separate Warud and Horse-Brother from Seothen and Baelestimah. But *all* pack mules ran away at the first sign of the Watcher in the Lake (the tentacled monster).

Sweet, you are free to RP Stoomp as a ghost, following the Company if you so wish (and I hope you do ;)).

Moria, from The Atlas of Tolkien's Middle Earth

Posted Image

Information on Moria:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moria_(Middle-earth)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scorecard

The Company of the Ring...

... and those who left
  • Savage Dragon => Raus Tanathos, lost during an avalanche at Caradhras
  • Sweetcherrie => Stoomp, taken by the Watcher of the Lake, Moria
Edited by Tanuchan

question did Baelestimah's pack horse join them or only Horse Brother?

Oopsie... I didn't know he had a pack horse... :P

I'll leave the decision in your hands! I don't know if Ferret and Hawk were on his horse or the pack horse... and being an elf, Baelestimah might have had the skill to lead the pack horse while keeping contact with Horse-Brother. Who knows? :)

Hehe... full moons are lovely :)

Well, as I see that people seem to be busy around this weekend... I'm extending the current day phase for about 48 hours or until I get 9 stated votes/abstentions - whichever comes first.

Vahk has nicely posted that the Company is now traveling through Moria - so have fun on your journey! :)

Edited by Tanuchan

*grins*

I'm glad you're having fun, and that's my best reward for modding :)

But being practical, as this is a game... if I don't have votes at the end of the 48 hours... well... I've seen games where wolves lost a kill for not PMing the mod, but so far I've never seen a game where villagers have lost a lynching for not voting... :P

Edited by Tanuchan

*grins*

But being practical, as this is a game... if I don't have votes at the end of the 48 hours... well... I've seen games where wolves lost a kill for not PMing the mod, but so far I've never seen a game where villagers have lost a lynching for not voting... :P

For some reason, it didn't take my reply or let me edit.

Go figure.

Anywho, my vote is for:

Mynx => Jagkatha, Elf (female)

Once again I vote first which makes me a target.

But we are in the second day and I survived which means I can die a happy hobbit.

Not that it means I actually want to die.

Thats just an expression.

I want to live!

*grins*

*g* Fun - oh, most definitely! Enough fun I ALMOST have NightFae convinced to try one of the next games. ;)

As for the practical - well, if we must. Though it looks fair to middling to run high on abstentions. For the "it's been a while since I've played" among us, how does that affect the tally of necessary votes for lynchings? IOW, do we need to start pestering the "I dunno" abstentions to throw the dice? *heh*

*g* Fun - oh, most definitely! Enough fun I ALMOST have NightFae convinced to try one of the next games. ;)

I'll be *so* glad if NightFae does join us in the games!! She'll have a great time, I'm quite sure of it! :)

As for the practical - well, if we must. Though it looks fair to middling to run high on abstentions. For the "it's been a while since I've played" among us, how does that affect the tally of necessary votes for lynchings? IOW, do we need to start pestering the "I dunno" abstentions to throw the dice? *heh*

I'm not sure I understood completely your musings here, but... I don't mind the abstentions in a game this big, and this early - and I know that as the game goes on, people will start voting. That's the reason why I ask for at least 9 stated votes or abstentions; the bad side being that it is perfectly possible to end up dead with just one vote... if there are, for example, 7 abstentions and 2 different votes. So... if you (players) don't want a person dying on one vote, I advise you to vote ;)

("you" being a generic you, and not Ayshela specifically)

Vahk - nice idea for a battle! Have fun!

Day phase goes on for another 10-15 hours most probably. :)

gotcha... I was wondering if that was a *total* of abstentions and votes, so that it was possible to have eight abstentions and one vote and that vote be the sole deciding factor.

Just got everyone pretty well cleared through here for the day, and Broken_Inside decided to do most of the kitchen cleanup for me, so I'm going to take my aching back and lie down for a bit, but WILL be back with a vote post before deadline.

Question? Is Rootmaker male or female? I've seen him/her/it referred to as both male and female and it's quite confusing. ;)

Well, it seems Katz was a bit confused herself... hehe... :P But Rootmaker is male - Katz didn't want to have to justify all the Entwives' story...

I was hoping someone else would say what was coming.

I left it open for that.

I'm thinking either lots of goblins or a really, really big centipede.

Going for the goblins.

OK, there's the set up.

Somebody else get us out of this.

:)

Edited by Vahktang

Well, writing battles is out of question for me... soooo... unless you want a simple "the battle was quick once Rootmaker decided to have fun", please someone write down ideas... :P

And sorry, I won't be able to close day phase right now in spite of the number of votes being above minimum... lots of stuff work-related to be done. I'll end the phase in six hours, give or take.