The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXVII: signup & OOC

Tanuchan

Yes, but if we 'kill' the gawdz/moderator the game ends anyway.

Oh, and I'm changing my vote to:

Savage Dragon => Raus Tanathos, human (male)

the first majority.

Let's ride it to a wolf kill.

Woo hoo!

Edited by Vahktang

i just happened to think that Tanny is crafty enough she'd pick no wolves and pick us off one by one as she saw fit... im watching you!!!

considering changing my vote to help sway the balance, but no, that would be the wolf thing to do

plus i havent fogotten...

i just happened to think that Tanny is crafty enough she'd pick no wolves and pick us off one by one as she saw fit... im watching you!!!

considering changing my vote to help sway the balance, but no, that would be the wolf thing to do

plus i havent fogotten...

Hmmmm ... you might e on to something there ^_^:lol:

The voting had Raus/Savage and Garnorn/Panther tied - random numbers declared a winner and a loser. No roles will be revealed until the end of the game. I'll post a scorecard after the Night Phase.

It's Night Phase, so please send me your targets. Ringbearer, you have to choose whether you'll use the One Ring or not - every Night Phase, this is the choice you have to PM me when I ask for the specials' choices/targets.

RP-wise, you're now facing a pack of Wargs. Good luck!

Savage Dragon, you are free to keep RPing - and I hope you do so! You can decide what has happened when the avalanche hit - whether you escaped or not, and how. If you escaped, you're free to roam the land and even to follow the Company - but no interacting with them, please. If dead, you can RP a ghost.

Keep the nice RPing - I'm really enjoying reading it (though I *hate* dealing with ties) :)

Edit: I was reminded that not everybody knows what Wargs are...

Wargs - In the Third Age of the Sun in Rhovanion, there lived an evil breed of Wolves that made an alliance with the mountain Orcs. These Wolves were named Wargs and often when they set off for war they went with the Orcs called Wolf-riders, who mounted the Wargs like Horses.

I've asked Aka to find more info, it is below :)

Edited by Tanuchan

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!

naw, all's fair in love and werewolf games so i'll let it slide, but this makes like the 3rd game now where i was killed off first. suppose it could be worse, there have been unluckier fools.

i dunno i might get around to RPing some more of Raus, he definitely survived, "takes more than that to kill me", but havent quite figured out what im going to do with him. probably go on a vengeful rampage or something....or take a nap

Decent picture of a warg from Universal's game "Fellowship of the Ring"

Posted Image

I'd pick this image above those in the movies, as it is more true to the book (wargs are demonic wild wolves, not jackals).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from the books:

In the Silmarillion, which is set in the time from the beginning of Middle Earth to the end of the Lord of the Rings, there are no mentions of wargs. However, there are mentions of werewolves, which do not appear in the Lord of the Rings. It is possible that the werewolves in the Silmarillion are relatives of the wargs in Lord of the Rings.

Description of Carcharoth, the Red Maw (greatest of werewolves), from the Silmarillion:

... he (Morgoth) fed him with his own hand upon living flesh and put his power upon him. Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth.There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.

Descriptions of wargs from The Hobbit:

Even magic rings are not much use against wolves -- especially against the evil packs that lived under the shadow of the goblin-infested mountains, over the Edge of the Wild on the borders of the unknown. Wolves of that sort smell keener than goblins, and do not need to see you to catch you.

...even the wild Wargs (for so the evil woods over the Edge of the Wild were named) cannot climb trees...

(assembled information from The Hobbit):

-Wargs are able to speak between one another in an evil language

-They are highly intelligent, as they know to look for other enemies where several have been found, will set guards on treed enemies, and know to look into trees at them

-They can communicate with orcs

-They are often merely called wolves, not wargs

Descriptions/information about wargs from The Fellowship of the Ring

-Howl like wolves

-Shaped like wolves

-Eyes glow

Description of Wargs from Guide to Tolkien's World by David Day

In the Third Age of Sun in Rhovanion (the area East of the Misty Mountains, North of Gondor and Rohan), there lived an evil breed of Wolves that made an alliance with the mountain Orcs. These Wolves were named Wargs and often when they set off for war they went with the Orcs called Wolf-riders, who mounted the Wargs like Horses. In the battles of the War of the Ring, the Wargs were devastated along with most of the Orc hordes, and after that time the histories of Middle-earth speak no more of these creatures.

I hope this is adequate.

naw, all's fair in love and werewolf games so i'll let it slide, but this makes like the 3rd game now where i was killed off first. suppose it could be worse, there have been unluckier fools.

Only three games?

I would bless myself if I died in the first round on only three games.

Please, people, even if it is a random vote, don't say so. It gives out-of-character information that might alter the course of the game.

For the same reasons I will not divulge whether I have refrained from posting because it's part of some grand scheme (mwa-haha) or whether I simply haven't had time (egad)... but I will say that I intend to get a post in about 5 or 6 hours from now.

PS. I suspect Rootmaker will make quick work of those Wargs once I do...

Edited by Katzaniel

PS. I suspect Rootmaker will make quick work of those Wargs once I do...

Warg purée! :D

Well, Katz... if you're posting, then do it within 7 hours, please... when I'll be closing Night Phase. You'll be out of wargs to kill otherwise ;)

Edit: and to clarify, you aren't actually asked to justify a vote OOC... the IC reasoning, if any, is all that's needed (and even so, sometimes a character is really unable to accuse anyone - look at Stoomp...). I ask just the OOC statement of the vote, to make it easier for me to tally. :)

Edited by Tanuchan

I was going to throw in a small nod to the movies and have Mattias counting off his kills the way that Legolas and Gimli were, but I realised too late that I'd not set up any close in character ties with one of the dwarf players to make the interaction work.

Blast!

:D

I was going to throw in a small nod to the movies and have Mattias counting off his kills the way that Legolas and Gimli were, but I realised too late that I'd not set up any close in character ties with one of the dwarf players to make the interaction work.

Blast!

:D

Well, maybe a Dwarf posts here and accepts your challenge! Or PM one of them - probably Gyr, since I don't know if Ozy/Jin would be doing all that fighting. Somehow I don't see Stoomp counting deaths... and if I do, it's in some very funny way :P

Edited by Tanuchan