........................................Quincunx

...........................Zadown.................Valdar

...............Gyrfalcon..................................Peredhil

............Katzaniel........................................Elwen

............Yui-Chan...........................................Wyvern #2 #3

....................Salinye...................................Gwai

...............................Vlad...................Psimon

..........................................Tralla

(Quincinox-Valdar-Peredhil. . .etc etc etc)

Let the writing begin!

Here are the guidelines:

1) Writing Type-Any. You may write a story about a person, with a person, even AS a person. It may not have to be a story, it could be a poem, or freestyle, even. This project is due to run for weeks, if not months. The aim here is to capture the essence of your victi. . .er, subject as closeley as possible. You may, and in fact, are encouraged to speak with your subjects, to clarify details and the like.

2) Organization-Circular closed. The idea behind this, is not to have a free-for-all orgy of stories flying twenty ways at once, with 40 people writing about a single person, 15 on another, and one left all alone.

I propose, instead, to do it as so:

.........A-->B

......../........\

.......F.........C

........\......../

.........E<--D

Where one person gets to write about one other person, who will write about one other person and so on, until the first person is written about.

3) The e-mail adress for participants to email their interests to is writexchange@hotmail.com. I dont want my inbox to go bust :P From there, the selectors will attempt to form the ring to the best of our abilities.

The Selectors are myself, and Salinye

You may choose who you wish to write about, but for the sake of ease of formability, please make this list as flexible as possible. We will try to the best of our abilities to accomadate everyone. If anything arises, we will e-mail you directly.

4) The ring will be formed, to coincide with the begining of June. The submission date will be June 30th, so you will have one month to stir up something.

5) Please keep your entries to yourself until the submission date so that we wont have entries dripping all over the caberet room. . .poor Waterlily will have to clean them up, and cleaning makes it slury. Slury hentai plants aren't good, are they?

Edited by Valdar and Astralis

A tall, quiet kitsune woman in sheer, gossamer robes stands silently in the back, considering this idea. Elwen's kitsune side-she was in her fox spirit form, not her elven form at this time-was quite curious.

"This idea is intriguing." she comments in her calm alto. "I wish to participate."

I'm ALIVE!

Okay lets see....

Cracks his knuckles

I like the closed circle idea, because it seems much more fun and interesting to me.

I don't have a problem with my list being public, or my authorship.

Who am I sending this list to?

I would be willing to organize things, if you would be willing to trust me.... I'm sorta on off with the whole internet. I think I'll try and help.

Anyway I think its a very good idea, and I hope that it actually happens.

I don't know the personae of most of the people who have signed up. . .Learning exercise! I'm in.

Tzimfemme's single and ceaseless rant, check;

Tables of earmoticons* for Rydia, check;

Minta's notes on the effects of various sugars on undeads, check;

Most current interpretation of the ravings of Rosemary, check;

all made available for the person who draws my name from the hat.

* \o_o/ is an earmoticon; note the pointy ears.

I rather like the idea of this myself... You probably don't want me to work on the organization, though. I have all the neatness and organizational skills of a hurricane. Things get thrown around and left there until I need them again, and then I toss them down some place else.

I can do the organization, all of it, as a sort of enlightened dictator ... or dumb tyrant, whichever. I've organized numerous live-action RPGs in the past and they all started in time, what came as a shock to many of the participants. :P

If Valdar decides to pass the sceptre to me, I'll post further info later. And oh, I'll join too as a writer (which means I might need to assign myself in the loop, bah).

Peredhil hesitates delicately.

If this is done gently and considerately...

No one excluded who wanted to play, that sort of thing. I'd prolly recommend a modified random assignment thingie, where no two people could write about each other. That would maximize the flow of information and introductions.

Real Life presses hard, but I would like to toss my name in the hat to draw and be drawn - depending on how this will be done. I think the idea is brilliant.

One question - Are we writing about Personae? Some of us have a wide separation between the Personae we play, and the people we are behind the roles.

Just wanted that clear too.

Peredhil hugs everyone, and wanders away.

Cracks knuckles, waves hands around in mock pain

I am sooooooo in.

And make no bones about it, I'll write about anyone. Actually, this is a great idea, if for no other reason than it promotes RL interaction, i.e. getting to know your Pen-pals.

Dodges hail of debris after that horrible pun

Valdar,

What a great idea. :) This sounds like a wonderful opportunity to get to know someone new. I'd love to participate, and I think your proposal as laid out suits me just fine. Circular is a bit more interesting than linear when it comes to matching writers to subjects. I doubt that we'll have any troubles with people being left out, as there are people like myself and Finnius who are willing to write about anyone. I do think, however, that we really need to make sure that this sticks to one character/persona and doesn't get too personal. Stories about fictional characters are a bit less likely to risk an inadvertant insult than ones about the real person, I'd think.

Finally, the list of Writers-Subjects may as well be published, as hopefully there will be a lot of intercommunication, so it won't be a surprise to anyone in any case. I don't really think it's that big of a deal one way or the other, though, so do as you see fit.

Thanks for sharing this idea with us. I'm looking forward to seeing what we create out of it!

Thanks,

~Yui

This is a very interesting idea. i am interested in participating, though i would greatly prefer if the writing were about personae rather than personal. There will be a great deal of getting to know the person behind the persona in the process anyway, but i would be uncomfortable asking personal questions for public exposure of whatever manner.

i agree, i do like the circular setup as it maximizes the interpersonal interaction.

i think it's reasonable to make public the list of writers/subjects. i would, however, be uncomfortable with the publication of each person's list of preferred subjects. i can't think, offhand, of anyone i would want NOT to write about, but should that situation exist for anyone that would be awkward to say the least. :)

Would there be a deadline by which stories/poems/whatevers had to be posted? i will be moving in the near future, so time will be at a premium. if there will be a deadline that might affect my ability to participate.