The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Mighty Pen, first writing exchange program

Valdar and Astralis

As I'm getting older rapidly, a few questions:

1) is there a cut off date to discussion?

2) have we determined which of the volunteers will take the lead on this? Winces at the idea of another Pen committee after working with the Elders. ;)

3) do we have enough discussion that a leader-type can implement structure and decision - perhaps one of those vote thingies?

Pauses and scratches his senile head.

what is this thread about? :P

Valdar, it's your brainchild, so you just let us know who you'd like to take charge. Zadown has volunteered, and goodness knows the slacker needs something to do... er ... did I just say that aloud? : <_ : heh. no he perfect for the job. i support him choice of organizing party so if you agree cut loose that this can get rolling.>

Hiyaku! :)

Yours,

~Yui

I'd certainly be interested in participating in this as well, though perhaps I could act as a solution to the second issue that Valdar brought up. If there's an even number of people participating and everyone has been paired with a partner, I'll sit this one out and participate in the next one (if there ends up being another)... If there's an odd number of people and someone is left without a partner in the circle, I'll gladly jump in and join them. :)

Having said this, Wyvern downs a shot of Bruteweiser and notes for people to PM him to inform him of any list info he needs to create, since he's rather slow when it comes to instructions...

I'm thinking someone sometime is going to have to take charge and make decisions. Yui is right that the choice of who that is should be up to Valdar, as it is his idea.

To minimize the possibility of insult why not justr check the writting by the person its being written about before posting? If they disagree, they can give their 'corrections' beforehand, and thus there won't be any problems.

. . .

I was planning to update this on (my) wednesday by finalising who was about to help in cycle selection (hey, gotta give em a few days. . .nevermind that I only got one helper (maybe 2))

Maybe I work slower than you, Wyvren. I'm taking my time, because I do not wish to screw this up. Taking into account some people's real life (or in my case lack thereof), I judged it safe to move on a weekly, or twice weekly basis.

Also, I think part of the attractiveness of this project was being able to write about close aquaintances. Random selection will allow more people to get to know one another, but it is my beleif that one should not be forced to write without insparation.

Basicly, what I am expecting people to do in MY Writing Exchange Program, is to be thinking of the people at the pen you know, and their personas. Whom do you think would inspire you to write? If you are creative enough to write about anybody, I salute you. Your creative powers far surpass mine. If you are like me, however, some characters just do-not-fit into one's writing style.

In conclusion, Wyvren, if you wish to take charge of the Writing Exchange Program, please do. I will request to have this thread removed, and you may start your own, with your own rules. I am not, by nature, much of a control freak, and I do take into account ideas and suggestions that come along the way (the purpose of the last week or two) but if you please, let us have only one mastermind here.

I will suspend the update till the weekend, I think. Or until we decide what to do.

Valdar,

My apologies, I didn't want to take over your brilliant project by any means. You're definitely the mastermind in charge here, I just wanted to try and be helpful in some way... I now see that posting the whole "random option" thingy was inconsiderate of me, and I'll get rid of it.

Looking forward to the next update! :)

Wyv~

I don't have email access sunday and monday (bah, memorial day) , so I may not get my email in time, but I really want to do this.

Still confused, and I'd ask you ovver irc if I were there. From what list do i pick the list of the people I can write about?

I pity the poor soul that has to write about me...

LMAO... Well, Tralla... that poor soul appears to be me! :lol:

Vere to begin viz ziz victim... hmmmm schall ve begin viz zi legz, or ze armz?

Mwuhahahahahahaha!!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...