The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Properly Polite Birthday Greetings

Ayshela

Ayshela slips into the Birthday Room and quickly rearranges it, dimming the lights and putting a patented Comfy Chair in one corner. She tosses a blanket across the footstool, adjusts the lamp behind the chair so that it is bright enough for reading but not bright enough to cause headaches. One side of the chair is stacked high with books while the other has a table with snacks and Mt. Dew.

Stepping back, she surveys the scene. "I think I've got everything. He can read, or nap, or sit and talk with people. Oh yes! The banner!"

She left the room, quickly returning with a cart piled high with birthday paraphernalia. The table was quickly filled with a punch bowl and glasses, while plates and silverware surrounded a large cake which was guaranteed to please - each slice becoming the recipient's favourite flavour. She hung a banner over the chair then went to bring Peredhil to his birthday party.

Happy Birthday to the one and only Peredhil!

*flying tacklehugs*

The Raven flys into the room, circles looking perplexed (yet cunning) and exits. Moments later the Cryptomancer wonders in and makes a decidedly elaborate hand gesture just below the door, (the ever observant notice the statue that appears on a small shelf above the door shortly after).

Bowing gracefully the Cryptomancer greets Peredhil, "Happy Birthday, may your day be wonderfully enjoyable, and may you be blest with......"

A Small puff of smoke notes the vanishing of the Cryptomancer, and from the newly set bust of Pallus, Quoth the Raven' "Many more!"

:raven:

Happy Birthday Peredhil, All the best wishes.

:raven:

Mynx stalked through the halls in full tiger form, ears back as she muttered to herself, her movements stiff and hindered. She was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to notice she had entered the Birthday Room until she heard the bust cry "Many more!"

Looking up in surprise, the large feline took in the surroundings and the name on the banner, before her gaze centered on the seated Peredhil. The feline smiled, before moving stiffly towards her friend.

Curling up next to the chair, Mynx lay down beside her friend's feet and looked up at him with a feline grin.

"Happy birthday, dear friend. I hope the day has treated you well"

Mini wings in to find Mynx curled at Peredhil's feet and a Birthday banner above.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PERI!!!!" <tackle hugs> :D:w00t::D "I don't have much but here..."

<hands him a glowing feather from her cloak>

"It makes a great quill and the light won't go out so you don't even need a lamp!" <glances at lamp on the table> "not that lamps are bad..." :)

"Sadly now back to my work" :(

Mini glides out with a sigh and piece of cake in her beak :phoenix:

Wyvern curses to himself as he races into the Cabaret Room, glancing at his Almost Dragonic Brand Pocketed Watch™ and praying that it had somehow switched from being slow to ticking a few hours too fast. The lizard screeches to a halt and raises his claw to speak as he notices Peredhil seated on one of the comfortable chairs in the room, but goes quiet as he views the marvelous mood-setters that now decorate the Cabaret quarters. The way the dim lights reflect upon the small dove figurine that tops the cake make it seem as if firecrackers had never barraged the walls of the room or left their charred marks of cinder. Wyvern shakes his head and rubs his eyes, then strikes a thumbs up to Ayshela and grins at the sight of several gathered pennites.

"Oooooo..." Wyvern grabs a handful of snacks as he passes by the refreshments table, cramming as many as he can into his mouth and chewing in voracious snaps. The reptilian tiptoes past the kneeling Mynx and the hugtackles of MinimondoT, and waits until the coast is clear before nudging Peredhil with a scaly elbow. "Feelin' any ruder yet? I would've been happy to offer you some free Bruteweiser belching lessons as a gift, but I figured it wasssn't your thing and pro'lly wasn't worth the costsss in arson damage anyhoo... besides, I figure ya ain't gonna be a cranky old geezer for many years to come. So I gotcha this instead!"

Wyvern strikes a messy grin of snack pieces and pointy teeth, then pulls out a long pole with what appears to be a mechanical claw attached to the end of it.

"An Almost Dragonic Brand Paraphernalia Pick-a-Parter™, perfect for sssorting through large piles of B-day paraphernalia and having it automatically seperated for you courteousy of monetary value-based circuitry. Everything the claw decidesss you don't want is then donated to Almost Dragonic Inc., where it will be altered to fit your general tassstes and then marketed for thrice the price!"

Wyvern snickers, chokes on some crackers stored in his mouth, hacks and coughs a bit, then pats Peredhil on the shoulder.

"Happy B-day, bud. You should look into getting yerself some cake, while there's still some to be had."

With that, Wyvern winks and begins heading towards the towering pastry, the greedy look in his eyes growing with each approaching step...

;-)

OOC: Happy Birthday, Peredhil. :)

I'm one for the dramatic, don't get me wrong, but the term 'excess' readily comes to mind. Hardly a special greeting if everyone says the same thing in the exact same manner.

Don't know you Peredhil, but Happy Birthday none-the-less; belated as it would seem, so happy ex-birthday.

aiaiaia, totally have not been around enough I see!

*flaps her arms panicky and runs around in circles*

What am I going to dooooo!

*runs into a wall, and watches the stars circle her head*

Argh, a birthday gift...

*gathers the stars and sticks them on a card for Peredhil*

Happy birthday :)

Please excuse the tardyness of my response, O polite one. I offer my sincere apologies for the lateness, along with the best of my wishes towards my belated acknowledgement of the day of your birth.

*Panther bows deeply to the Polite, Ancient Elder.

I hope the day saw you well, and that many more lie ahead...

Well there is a sad sight indeed when half the pen has already said Happy Birthday and my post has yet to be found. Happy Birthday my dear friend.

Tough to celebrate an anniversary when the real world has you in a submission hold and believe me I have had those types of birthdays. I believe I went as far as cancelling my birthday one year because I was having such a bad day. The individuals here that you have befriended have not forgotten you. Although I have no gift Peredhil but I do have a wish, and that is from this day forward things continue to get better for you.

I'm one for the dramatic, don't get me wrong, but the term 'excess' readily comes to mind. Hardly a special greeting if everyone says the same thing in the exact same manner.

/me dons a toga, laurel crown, and sandals. A chorus assembles and begins to hum (with much emphatic swaying and arm movements).

Laetus natalis, tibi

Laetus natalis, tibi.

Laetus natalis, tibi.

Laetus natalis, care,

Laetus natalis, tibi.

...and many morrrrre! :>)