The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happiest Birthday Tacklehugs

Ayshela

Ayshela hovers just inside the edge of shadow, waiting for Tanny to pass by. Waiting, waiting, patiently biding her time, Ayshela sees many Pennites wander past but not the one she's looking for - until...

Tanny heads innocently in Ayshela's direction, focused intently on one of her many projects and completely unaware of Ayshela's presence. This is quickly rectified as Ayshela hurls herself upon Tanny, giggling madly and tackling her, rolling with her into the brightest of spotlights.

Ayshela picks Tanny up and dusts her off, setting her back up on her cushioned pedestal now that it's been properly reupholstered. ;) Bringing her a slice of birthday cake and a cup of punch, Ayshela gives Tanny a mock-stern look and tells her "There you go, back where you belong. It's your birthday, this is your spotlight - now bask."

Ayshela smiles and steps away to stand guard - not so no one can come near, but so Tanny doesn't escape. "Oh, and Happy Birthday!" she says with a shadow-banishing grin.

A small speck apears in the air farr above the pen keep, growing stedily larger as it seems to fall, decending rapidly to the roof of the mighty castle, weaving slightly to aim for the window nearest, spinning in a tight spiral through the slit of the opening, flying at ankle height weaving through everyone in the caberet room, before swooping and landing on the shoulder of Tanny.

the Raven looks at Tanny over the edge of the piece of birthday cake tilting his head in the quizzical manner of "the birds" form Hitchcock's movie of the same name (well mad, not psychotic)

"Happy birthday!!!" The raven begins to dance a jig on tanny's shoulder. "Hope your day, and year are wonderfully filled with many fantastic things."

The raven flys away after doing a few tight curcuits of Tanny's pedestal, the echoes of his voice singing happy birthday fade into the air as he departs.

:raven:

Happy birthday, anniversary.

Remember, birthday celebrations aren't for you. You just endure it. they're for the rest of us to celebrate that you were born, that we've come to know you, and that you're there for us to love.

So suck it up and deal with it - I love you!

-P

Just as Tanny is getting ready to leave her pedestal certain that the birthday wishings are over Gryphon hits her with a tacklehug of his own.

Happy Birthday Tanny! Sorry I almost kinda sorta mighta missed it.

:D

"Whoa, whoa! This is Tanuchan's birthday?"

Katz disengages from the shadows of the Cabaret room, from where she usually watches the birthday celebrations, and comes over to the pedestal. Shaking her friend's hand vigourously, she overhears a few others mentioning an anniversary.

"Oho! The anniversary, as well! Deepest congratulations to the two of you."

Projected over the pedestal, now empty... just the shimmering forms of a wolf/tanuki/human changing in rapid succession...

Thanks, all of you... :)

*hugs all*

Now, if you excuse me, I'll go back to my lurking - as expected of any good wolfie... :P

The image blinks and fades, leaving behind just a couple of black strands of hair/fur on the cushioned pedestal.

Ayshela wanders in and notices the empty pedestal. "hrmm, now where did she get to?" she wonders, looking about for Tanny. "Good thing i can see through invisibility spells." she murmurs, blessing once again the various pieces of jewelry which enable her to do so.

"Now, to track down the ever-elusive Tanuchan. She's not escaping her hugs, or credit where due, *that* easily!"

;)

Seriously, hope your birthday was splendid.

*huge hugs*