The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Girl names...

Salinye

Samantha, Linda, Lidya, Amaryllis (I don't think it's very common, but I am being serious - I actually had a teacher who was called that), Monique, Chantal, Amanda (been mentioned before, but definitely worth mentioning again), Nathalie, Diane, Lauren, Lena, Jill, Ann, Karen, Karin, Liesje, Christine, ...

Are you looking for names from a specific culture?

Flinches I'd never name a child Amanda, but that's only because of all the mean Amandas I've met. Nor Chantal, but that's one specific story.

Ooh, Olivia. That's nice. And Samantha. Others (these come from my own personal baby-name-idea-list, but I can share ;)) are Mynah, Vanessa, Eleanor, Paige, Jade and Elisabelle. This last was borne of someone I knew named Elizabeth who had a heavy accent, and would probably be better off shortened to Lizzy for all practical purposes.

I've always like Sarah, but together with Maureen that would make her initials S.M. :blink: and she might not like that in later life.

an I would also make for funny things, as in I.aM.

So maybe better not choose a name that starts with an S or an I :)

Seeing that Maureen is already a different form of Mary, that would not be my first choice either, although I really like the name Mary.

How about Meagan, coming from Maragaret, meaning "pearl" derived from the Greek margarites.

Her whole name would then mean "beloved pearl".

Since, if i recall correctly, Emily and Anna are very similar to the names of your other girls, they might not be in the running here. hmmmm...

Alisa, Adrianne, Bethany, Belinda, Katrina, Deanne/Deanna, Gina, Julie/Julia/Julianna (and the many variations therein), Heather, Cassandra, Saria/Sariah, Lynette, Christina...

Ran across this when Kythrah was pregnant - it's just one of many similar out there. =)

Short or nickname-friendly, compatible with common English names and spelling, not derived from the masculine, and pairs well with Maureen: one syllable will work, two syllables if the accent falls on the first, three syllables if the accent falls on the first--perhaps the second, but then the first syllable fades away entirely on the full name--and only if the name can be abbreviated.

Seconding Gia (Gina doesn't quite work, not sure why), Olivia although it doesn't fit the guidelines, Elisabelle "Belle" or "Lizzie", Eva, Helen, Deanna "Dee". Adding Cora, Vera, Iris--delicate names of a more courteous era. Adding Patricia, Livia, Tania--multisyllables for the multi-faceted modern woman which can be chopped for nicknames. Adding Rosamunde, Eleanor, Victoria--old distinguished English names.

I've always liked the name 'Madness'...but I guess that's not the kind of name you're looking for...

Personally, I prefer looking at name meanings...

For example, Amy means 'Beloved'

Not sure if that helps at all...