The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WereWolf IX

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While she was with Lord Washima, she kept thinking and it seems that something is heavily bothering her. She felt that she is walking away from the issue and that she must face it once again.

- I apologies Shin, but I must go back in there. I have something that weights heavily in my mind.

She heads back over the gathered people. Shana and Markus look at her suspiciously. She looks at them and nods.

- I cannot blame you for suspecting me since, as a gambler, I've managed to control myself. However, you can blame me for any unladylike doings but murder... I'm simply incapable of doing such heinous act.

She looks at Javier and raises an eyebrow.

- Now as for this gentleman...

OOC: A vote against Xanthus-Javier

Amanda talks quietly to Markus, with Takako-san sitting silently right behind her.

"This is just so... senseless... " Her voice trails off, once again lost in her past. Markus holds her lovingly, kissing her forehead.

"You are alive, even if under guard. Don't fret so much. The murderer will be found, and we will go home and forget all this."

She nods wearily, following her husband's suspicious look at Elisabeth Christie and hearing his soft whisper. Too calm. She was just too calm. And past Elisabeth, she notices also Shana's look.

"Mornin already? Wha happended to night?"

Several people turn at hearing the loud and drunk voice, more than one frowing in disgust. Javier stumbles on the edge of the carpet, grabbing Serena for support and spilling his beer over her before passing out on top of her. Both fall to the ground, Serena's surprised shout making Lord Washima run quickly to her, katana in hand.

"Are you well, Lady?"

Serena nods weakly, accepting Van Muncie's help to stand up when Lord Washima rolls Javier's body from over her. Amanda and Shana quickly take care of Serena, holding her and helping her to her bedroom - followed closely by Takako.

Lord Washima glares at Javier's snoring form, and Elisabeth shakes her head. "One must know how to drink."

Guards arrive and drag Javier away under Lord Kinjiru's stern look. Then, with an almost inaudible sigh, the ninja lord apologizes to his guests.

"Mr. Javier has had trouble controling himself, so I deem necessary to help him. He will be locked into his rooms, and guarded so that no harm comes to him and he can't harm others. I apologize for his behaviour, for I was aware of his taste for strong alcohol when I invited him. I have sent two of my maids to help Miss Serena, and I hope she will be soon with us again. " Bowing deeply, he leaves.

OOC: Javier/_Xanthus_ was innocent. It's lunch time! I mean... night phase.

Please note that this "night phase" will take place, story-wise, from near lunch time to middle afternoon. Feel free to RP events in that period, including lunch, but please no accusation/speculation.

Wolves/Baner/Seer, you have 24 hours to PM me with your choices.

~~~~

Edit: typos

Edited by Tanuchan

The Suspects...

Lady Celes Crusader- Elisabeth Christie, well-known socialite (WWIII)

Vahktang- Lord Washima, Strong head of the Washima Clan (WWII)

DeanTheAdequate- Dr. Van Muncie (WWI)

Katzaniel- Jaqui, Blind and somewhat bitter young adult (WWVI)

Eyremon- Wile E. Coyote (WWVII)

Merelas- Walter Morrison, nerdy High-school kid (WWVI)

Degenero Angelus- Markus Black, Gentle gang member from the old west (WWV)

Ayshela- Shana, randomly bubbly teenager from high school setting

Gwaihir- George, a merchant

Salinye - Serena, ex-high school nerdy type

NPC- Elwen- Hisoka Kyodai, geisha (WWII)

NPC/mod- MeThinksUFoolish- (Any of my old characters I feel like using)

NPC/mod- Tanuchan - Amanda Black

The Victims

Albert E. Milhouse - NPC, high school kid from WW IV, NPC kill

Terauchi Eiji - NPC, Japanese minor lord from WW II, NPC kill

Tanuchan- Amanda Black - innocent

Xanthus- Javier - innocent

(Please check the OOC thread)

- I apologies Shin, but I must go back in there. I have something that weights heavily in my mind.

'She called me Shin.

'She called me Shin.

'Oh joy.

'Oh modified rapture.

Mm, lunch.

Cold cuts.

Lord Washima watches the others make sandwiches until he thinks he can do it without prompting, then joins them.

He sucessfully makes a MLT - a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is lean and the tomato is ripe.

He then sits at an end table and formally eats.

The meal is quite good and he begins to wonder if there is any beer available.

Serena arrived back to the main social hall, smoothing her just washed hair self conciously. One of the maids had given her one of her common house dresses to wear. It fit almost perfectly, but wasn't quite her style. That combined with the wet hair look left her feeling a bit exposed. Seeing Shana, she quickly walked to her table. "May I join you for lunch, Shana?" She asked with a smile.

"Absolutely. Might help ease the nerves if we keep each other company." She nodded pointing to an empty seat invitingly.

Running a hand through her wet hair, she leaned her weight on her elbow and rest her chin in her hand. "You know, I don't really know anyone here, any idea who this murderer could be? I just would really like to go home."

Shana matched her quiet tone and leaned in a bit. "No, I truly have no idea, but the entire thing really unnerves me."

"Yeah, me too. You know, I was thinking, perhaps you and I should become roommates while we're here and sleep in shifts. We could take turns watching guard. What do you think? I can understand if it would make you uncomfortable...It would just be nice to at least get a few hours sleep!"

She left the offer hanging in the air before her new friend.

~Salinye :fairy:

Well...

This had gotten to be too much. Walter's asthma was acting up again for the first time in ages, so he quietly excuses himself to the table of refreshments, where he quickly uses his inhaler, and then gulps down some punch to wash the taste out of his mouth.

Quickly he spins around... he's getting more and more paranoid by the second.

Searching the faces of all the guests, eyes wide, he backs himself into the corner where there's a chair. Quickly, he sits... Here at least no one can sneak up behind me, he thinks.

People drift away after lunch, some keeping company to each other and some choosing to be alone. Jaqui and Walter are seen talking, as Serena and Shana. Amanda and Markus, always followed by Takako-san, pause at the door to the garden, observing Lord Washima and Elisabeth. George seems lost in thoughts, while Van Muncie walks around the house, examining the several open rooms. Not very clearly, a shadow of a coyote can be seen following him some steps behind.

The afternoon passes away in silence, most people choosing at last to rest a while before dinner time.

There's some unnoticed talk somewhere in the house, and later small noises in some rooms. Whispered swearing would be heard if there were someone paying attention, but not even lord Kinjiru's guards seem to notice something is amiss.

In a balcony in the second floor, Lord Kinjiru looks at the gardens around the house, brooding.

OOC

There was no kill this night phase. Day phase begins, and it will happen, story-wise, between middle-afternoon and soon after dinner. You have around 48 hours to post your accusations.

Good hunting!

~~~~

Edit: formatting

Edited by Tanuchan

The Suspects...

Lady Celes Crusader- Elisabeth Christie, well-known socialite (WWIII)

Vahktang- Lord Washima, Strong head of the Washima Clan (WWII)

DeanTheAdequate- Dr. Van Muncie (WWI)

Katzaniel- Jaqui, Blind and somewhat bitter young adult (WWVI)

Eyremon- Wile E. Coyote (WWVII)

Merelas- Walter Morrison, nerdy High-school kid (WWVI)

Degenero Angelus- Markus Black, Gentle gang member from the old west (WWV)

Ayshela- Shana, randomly bubbly teenager from high school setting

Gwaihir- George, a merchant

Salinye - Serena, ex-high school nerdy type

NPC- Elwen- Hisoka Kyodai, geisha (WWII)

NPC/mod- MeThinksUFoolish- (Any of my old characters I feel like using)

NPC/mod- Tanuchan - Amanda Black

The Victims

Albert E. Milhouse - NPC, high school kid from WW IV, NPC kill

Terauchi Eiji - NPC, Japanese minor lord from WW II, NPC kill

Tanuchan- Amanda Black - innocent

Xanthus- Javier - innocent

While outwardly calm, Lord Washima is, well, inwardly calm.

He has seen death before and it does not scare him.

He has been dead before and this does not scare him either.

As a matter of fact, the afterlife is rather (and here he looks at Lady Celes) rather enticing.

But all life must have a purpose and it seems that the after life does, too.

A murder committed. A murderer to be found.

Shana.

Giggly youngster. Acting much too young for her age. She has something to hide, he thinks.

OOC: An accusation for Ayshela- Shana

Elisabeth sighs in relief, the murdurer didnt struck again. She makes a gesture over Wetherby, who finally comes.

- I'd like to have some Cointreau and please, reassure me that those we locked up are still safe. I genuinely need this kind of reassurance.

While Weatherby ask a servant to give the Brit her liquor, he leaves to check on the locked guest as he knows the meaning of Elisabeth's inquiries. Lord Washima looks at her and decides to talk about this matter.

- Elisabeth, why are you so worried about those we locked up. They are safe.

- Past experience taught me that there's no safe place when a blood carving murdurer is running around. But I sincerly hope they'll be in safety. However, we still need to find out who is threatening us as soon as possible. However, I really need a clue.

Elisabeth looks at the other guests for a moment and shakes her head. Who it might be?

Vahktang: OOC It's Elisabeth, not Celes. :blink:

Shana sits talking with Serena, as they debate rooming arrangements and wondering who could have killed these people so horribly. It all seems so unreal, almost like a waking nightmare.

i wonder, though.. thought Shana. i thought it might be Amanda, because of how her husband didn't respond to her.. i wonder, though, if i read that the wrong way round? So cold, so slow to respond.. i thought maybe it was because he suspected her, or knew about her, but she's clearly innocent. What if the coldness was because it's him?

OOC: I accuse Markus Black - Degenero Angelus

Serena silently began to tremble as accusations were thrown back and forth! Finally she can stand it no more. Jumping up, verging on the point of mild hysteria, she slaps her hand onto her table and drawing unnecessary attention to herself.

“What has become of us? No one has died in a while and yet we are beginning to tear at each other like WE are wolves! This is insane! Why is this happening?” Raising a shaky finger she points at their host accusingly, her eyes widening as a thought occurred to her. “You! Why have you invited us here? None of us seem to hardly even know each other. Rather odd to have such random attendance to a social with no real purpose! Perhaps you have lured us here to our DEATH!” Gasping dramatically at the end of her tirade she fled from the room into the gardens.

OOC: I accuse Lord Washima (Vahktang)

Edited by Salinye

(OOC) Salinye, I guess you're making a natural confusion... the host is Lord Kinjiru, a ninja, MTYF's character... NPC.

Vahktang=Lord Washima = a guest like you ;)

We understand your vote, but I guess you'd like to know...

Edited by Tanuchan

Elisabeth wont blame Serena for cracking up under such terrible circumstances. However, the Brit was concern with one of the guest.

- Why is that Markus Black seems so detached to that situation, as if it's not affecting him?

OOC: A vote against Deg-Markus Black.

"Dear, dear lady. Everything I do, I do by the grace of God in heaven. I live my life as any man should, and I spend my days working to put food on the table for me and my wife. You wonder why I don't get upset because she's being held for possible murder? It's because she's killed before. Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if she had again."

Markus stands up, taking his hat off and setting it in front of him, pulling a cigarette from his pocket and lights it.

"I, however, have never even harmed another human being. Not killed one, not bruised one, nothing. I can stand before God on the day of judgement with a clean soul, and nothing to hide. You people, on the other hand, have already sentenced one innocent man to his death. Does your soul remain clean? Can you sleep at night, or look at yourself in the morning? If you wish to kill another innocent man, then you may. I will face my maker and live in heaven while you burn in Hell. Throwing accusations around is one of the best ways to distract people from you own guilt. Do you have something to hide, dear Shana? I know I don't."

OOC: Shana/Ayshela

Jaqui tried all through lunch to make sense of the killings. She listened to everyone and put their comments through her psychology learnings. She wished Amanda were here, this stuff had always come more naturally for her. Then again, better that she was not here, much safer.

Finally Jaqui comes to the conclusions that: one, there were no real conclusions to be had; two, feeling stalked and scared all the time was not the solution; and three, it might be safer to have a friend in these troubled times.

Walter hadn't really responded to her questions, seeming to not care for the idea of becoming reaquainted with the blind girl. So, Jaqui turned to the pair, Shana and Selena. They were roughly her own age, they seemed friendly, and she had never really known them in high school, meaning she had never been mean to them.

"I believe your names are Selena," said Jaqui, turning to where Selena had been when she last spoke, "and Shana," nodding in Shana's last direction. She hoped they hadn't moved, but given her white cane and unmoving eyes (she still distained the idea of covering them) she suspected they might not think too much on it if she were off by a bit. "I'm sorry I did not properly introduce myself earlier, but I have heard you talking and wish now to make friends."

She shook hands with the two and they said polite hellos. Jaqui wondered if they were exchanging expressions or mouthing anything to each other. What were they thinking? "I also wanted to tell you that I agree with you, Shana, about Mr. Black. Perhaps that is what Mrs. Black was hiding, the knowledge that her husband could not be trusted. I think we might all be safer if they were both locked up away from the rest of us."

OOC: Vote for Marcus Black / Degenero Angelus

Walter listened to the accusations flying, and wondered who, if any, could be guilty out of those hat had been accused.

Only the man whose wife had alread been taken into captivity seemed suspicious... how could the accusal and commonlaw conviction of his wife not affect him? Or at least, he seemed unaffected.

So, if it was asked of him, he would volunteer his vote.

(OOC: Vote for Markus Black--Degenero Angelus)

Serena shook hands with the woman who introduced herself. "Actually, it's Serena, not Selena." Jaqui began to blush slightly. "Oh, no no, don't feel badly! I'm not offended, it's an easy mistake to make." Looking between the two she shook her head confused. "You think it's mr. Black? Which one was he again? Uhg, this is all terribly confusing. It would be much easier to guess if we actually all knew each other!"

~Salinye :fairy:

Shana also shook hands with Jaqui, putting as much warmth into her voice as she could so Jaqui could hear the smile. "I'm glad to meet you, indeed! Welcome, do please join us."

Turning back to Serena for a moment, she replied "Mr. Black. He's Amanda's husband, you remember? I wondered why he hadn't defended her, thinking maybe it was something he knew about her.. but i think it's probably something about *him* instead."

"Grace of God" George muttered. "People have Died, what kind of grace of god is that? Who would think to mention god now? Sheer fakery I tell you, sheer fakery! What do you hide beneath your words sir?

OOC: A vote for Markus-Deg

"Markus would never in his life kill."

The simple statement, said in a crystal-clear and sure voice, quiets the general murmuring. Amanda's bright green eyes show her absolute trust in her husband as she crosses the room to stand at his side.

"He acts very strange for a loving husband... " murmurs Shana, almost apologetically. "He even admits that he suspected you."

Markus shakes his head slightly, wrapping an arm around Amanda. "I didn't say I suspected her. I said I wouldn't be surprised if it had been her."

"And you accept that so calmly?" asks Elisabeth to Amanda, sharply. "A husband that..."

"I killed before. And it is possible that I kill again, if I have a strong enough reason to."

Elisabeth gasps, and Amanda continues. "Yes, I've killed and Markus forgave me and accepted that. I won't go into what made me do what I did, but I will say that it was a just revenge on people who did great wrong. I regret the death of people who were innocent bystanders, but I would do it again if needed. And Markus knows that."

"Mrs. Black, I'm sorry but that does not mean that your husband is innocent now," says Jaqui.

"No. But you don't know him as I do. He has never killed in all his life. And never he will." Amanda faces everybody, and some start to doubt Markus' guilt. The full moon's light enters through the open curtains, bathing the Blacks in its silvery light.

Van Muncie steps in, a crossbow aimed at Markus. "He's a wolf. A werewolf, and you're risking your life being with him. Unless you're his mate and are helping him, m'lady. If you're innocent of these murders, step aside or you'll get killed."

Someone cries for Lord Kinjiru, and Markus and Amanda move at the same time. Van Muncie shoots, but the knife thrown by Amanda hits his arm, shifting his aim. Markus jumps aside, crying in pain as the silvered bolt hits his shoulder.

"MARKUS!"

Amanda holds him, pale, as Lord Kinjiru rushes to them while guards attend to Van Muncie and quickly lead the protesting guests out of the room.

"Fool," mutters Kinjiru, though Amanda can't guess who the remark is directed to. She grabs Markus' hands in horror as his form seems to blur, refusing to let go, while Lord Kinjiru quickly yanks out the bolt.

"Markus Black," Kinjiru's voice is urgent, "What is your natural form?"

"I didn't kill... I swear on my soul... " He looks at Amanda, and his shape seems to solidify again. "Near a month ago... hunting... a wolf came..."

Kinjiru nods, signaling his guards. He turns to Amanda. "I may help. He's not a born shapechanger. Trust me."

Near an hour later, Lord Kinjiru returns to his guests.

"I apologize for the rudeness, but it was very dangerous for you to stay there. Had Mr. Black been a born shapechanger, probably many would have been killed or injured while trying to restrain him. He's been infected near a month ago, but I believe I was in time to help him."

He raises his hands, stopping the flood of questions. "There's still the werewolf who infected him. I know Mr. Black is telling the truth when he says he can't identify who it is. So, I ask you to be careful."

OOC: Markus Black/Degenero Angelus was a wolf.

It's night phase, and story-wise it goes from soon after dinner to early morning. Wolf/Baner/Seer, you have 24 hours to send your PMs. If I get all of them, I may go to day phase sooner.

"Oh my god," blurts Jaqui, shocked.

"But suddenly, it all makes sense." Her eyes narrow, and she hangs her head. "I hope you can all forgive me for what I mean to do now." The blind girl exits as quickly as she can.

Shana tries to grab her arm. "Where are you going?" Jaqui squeezes her eyes tight, muttering a prayer for strength. Then, louder, "You must all trust me. There's a risk here, either way... but let me go, and I promise you, it will all soon be over. Tomorrow morning, I'll explain.. but for now, there is something I must do."

Shana and Serena both look at Jaqui, confused. The whole room looks at her, trying to figure out what she means. But they let her leave.

OOC: *rofl* Is it me or all the Markus' are slapped with the Werewolf label?

Elisabeth is still shocked by the turn of the events although she is glad that she helped in finding one of the suspects, since Markus hinted that someone else "infected" him. Elisabeth decided to write a letter to Katharine again.

Dear Katharine,

We finally caught one of the suspects, however, the other one is still roaming freely. Although that we are closer to salvation, I am still not reassured. My experience at Garnavon Hall still weights heavily on my heart. I just hope that this insanity ends sooner, with no more victims.

Your logic and courage is an inspiration for this dired moment. I just hope that I'll be able to read you these letters as I read the letters to my late husband on his deathbed.

Friendly yours,

Elisabeth Hannah Christie

Lord Washima looks at her and is pretty curious about the letter. While the Brit enclosed it and gives it to Wetherby, Shin needed to ask about it.

- To whom are you writing?

- To the very person who saved my life by sending her own son to his doom...