The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WereWolf IX

Serena's hand trembled slightly as she fiddled with the diamond choker around her neck. Murder....accusations....MURDER? If she felt like an outcast before, she really did now. She wished she could just leave. Who could she trust? How could she know? Another drink, once again sounded good.

Looking between Amanda and Wile E Coyote, the only thing she could think of that it just couldn't be the one person who had reached out to her since she had been here. Certainly it couldn't be Amanda. Perhaps their host was right. Perhaps it was Wile E. Coyote. She slowly distanced herself from him, praying not to become the next victim.

OOC: I too choose Wile E Coyote. Sorry dear! :flower:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shana reflexively took a small step back, to gain herself a bit of space and a bit of time to think. Bluff.. who could bluff their way through a murder in a locked house? The poker players? but that would be too obvious. She didn't know anyone here at all, much less well enough to know who might be capable of what. But what was it Amanda had said? She bluffs nicely enough? Nicely enough for what? And her husband could always see through her bluffs - was that why he hadn't spoken to her?

It was possible. And right now, that was all she had to go on.

OOC: I vote for Amanda Black (sorry Tanny)

George shakes his head and then twists the garish diamond on his finger. "I really really hate business deals like this. When things like this happen someone Always gets unfairly treated. This just isn't what I came here to play" (that with a rueful glance at his cards.) "I can't stand such matters but if I had to speak I'd be more suspicious of the one who spoke so very aggressively."

OOC: A vote for the coyote.

Modding Post

The murmurs quickly rise to speculation, and both the coyote and Amanda are soon being eyed suspiciously. At the poker table, a circle opens around Amanda and Markus as some start thinking about the bluffing abilities of the players.

Amanda looks at them defiantly, the awareness of danger awaking her quick reflexes and her deep survival instinct. Markus stands up as soon as he hears the first whispers against his wife, scowling. Amanda rests her hand on his arm, pressing it subtly to restrain him.

"Because we came from a place where wilderness is just slowly retreating, you would look at me and think me able to kill an innocent boy? God knows I've killed, and he knows also it was never idly. "

Her voice is icy cold, her eyes weighing each one of them. Some lower their eyes, but one or two keep locked into her. She shakes her head.

"Lord Kinjiru?"

"Hai."

The ninja lord looks at her with a fleeting hint of admiration in his eyes.

"I'm your guest and I'm under your protection. Is it the way of honor, that I have to bear guilt where there is none?"

"No." Kinjiru nods once, and looks at his guests. "I will find the murderer, but no one will touch this woman until her guilt is proven. Takako-san!"

A gueisha quickly appears, bowing deeply at her lord. "Stay with Mrs. Black at all times. Nothing should separate you both."

Markus starts to protest, and is abruptly cut by their host.

"Takako-san has my trust. She has saved my life more than once with her skills. She will protect either your wife's innocence or my guests' lives, if she's guilty. Unless you want me to lock her."

Amanda and Markus look at each other, and nod.

"It is getting late, and some of you may want to rest. Wetherby has seen to your needs and prepared separate rooms for each of you. As I said, this house is locked until I find the murderer, but you are all my guests and not prisoners. If you need anything, please talk to Wetherby."

He bows to Amanda. "Mrs. Black, unfortunately I will have to separate you from your husband. Takako-san will guard your sleep with her twin sister. You can trust them absolutely."

OOC

Amanda Black was innocent. It´s Night Phase. Wolves, Seer, Baner, please you have 24 hours to send me the PMs, copied to MTYF. Feel free to RP, but please no accusations or speculations :)

As an explanation, I broke the tie favoring Wile E. because of the need for a substitute moderator. Amanda has NPC status from now on. Any doubts, please PM me or post at the sign-up thread, that's being used as an OOC thread.

Good hunting to all :)

~~~~

Edit: typos

Edited by Tanuchan

The Suspects...

Lady Celes Crusader- Elisabeth Christie, well-known socialite (WWIII)

Vahktang- Lord Washima, Strong head of the Washima Clan (WWII)

DeanTheAdequate- Dr. Van Muncie (WWI)

Katzaniel- Jaqui, Blind and somewhat bitter young adult (WWVI)

Eyremon- Wile E. Coyote (WWVII)

Merelas- Walter Morrison, nerdy High-school kid (WWVI)

Degenero Angelus- Markus Black, Gentle gang member from the old west (WWV)

Ayshela- Shana, randomly bubbly teenager from high school setting

Gwaihir- George, a merchant

Salinye - Serena, ex-high school nerdy type

Xanthus- Javier

NPC- Elwen- Hisoka Kyodai, geisha (WWII)

NPC/mod- MeThinksUFoolish- (Any of my old characters I feel like using)

NPC/mod- Tanuchan - Amanda Black

The Victims

Albert E. Milhouse - NPC, high school kid from WW IV, first kill

Tanuchan- Amanda Black - innocent

Edited by Tanuchan

The door bursts open and a figure clad in torn, sweat-soaked clothing lumbers in. "I... I... made it? Is this the party?"

The other guests look up, expressions of grief on their faces, "Yes, it is," one of them manages, "but we've had a murder... Hmm, where were you when this party started? Why haven't we seen any of you yet."

"Erm, murder?" asks the newcomer, suddenly rethinking his arival at this party. "I, uh, got dumped in the desert! I've had to find my way here with no water, no food. Just look at me! I'm a mess!"

"Well then, welcome, I guess." says the accusing guest, not sure what to make of this newcomer.

The stranger looks relieved. "Thank you. My name is Javier, now, um... where's the kitchen?"

The others all point the way towards the kitchen, and Javier takes off, eyes wild with hunger.

Amanda, ready to go to her assigned rooms with her husband at one side and her shadow geisha at the other, turns sharply at the banging of the door. However, fast as her reflexes are, Takako's are faster. The willowy geisha had dropped into one knee, and in her hand flashes a shuriken.

"I... I... made it? Is this the party?"

Amanda sighs, shaking her head. Another one? And where was he, if the house is supposed to be locked?

"Hmm, where were you when this party started? Why haven't we seen any of you yet?"

Takako silently resumes her place besides Amanda, resting a hand over her arm and keeping her eyes on the stranger who stammers an excuse.

Lord Kinjiru steps in just behind Javier as he turns to go to the kitchen.

"He was in the House before the doors were locked." He says softly, and Javier jumps in surprise at his voice. "My late guest apparently forgot his invitation and my guards didn't grant him entrance to the ball room. So, he is also under the same restrictions as all of you."

He turns then to Javier.

"Because of the murder, you can't leave this house. Until the time we clarify that, you are my guest. There's a room assigned for you, if you wish to rest. Wetherby... " He signals the butler "Please see food and refreshment for him."

Javier stares silently at his host, at a loss for words. With a sharp bow, Lord Kinjiru once more leaves the ball room.

OOC: I'm extending this night phase for (a maximum of) 24 hours as I'm missing several PMs. Remember that I need all players to confirm their active status. I may start day phase earlier if I get all the PMs. :)

Edited by Tanuchan

Elisabeth have concerns about Amanda's safety.

- Mrs Black might be locked up in this room, but I wish her that she'll be in safety.

Although Wetherby wants to be reassuring, he knows too well what the Brit lady means. Elisabeth gets up from the table and speaks to her fellow players.

- I apologies but I think that we should interrupt the game, as a sign of respect for Mr. Black. Now if you excuse me.

She follows Wetherbys to her assigned room where she decides to write a letter. A letter to someone who'll understand her.

Dear Katharine Horton,

It seems that fate have a twisted sense of humor. When I expect to have a joyful ball, horror greeted me instead. I fear that I'm destined to relive the very sick scandal that striked Garnavon Hall.

The memories of these events reminds me of how destructive upon our life they were. I need strength and I know that remembering how cool headed and logical you were all along, until you faced the horrendous truth about the other murdurer's identity.

If you receive this letters and any subsequent letters, if any, through the mail, you'll understand that I'll be by my husband's side.

Yours truly,

Elisabeth Hannah Christie

Elisabeth seals the letter and gives it to Weatherby, giving him the instruction of sending these in case of anything that happens to her.

Wile E Coyote goes to the Welcoming table at this reunion and scans the names of who showed up. It would seem to him that PETA needs to be informed of the crowds decision to throw him out so rudely and hastily. After all Wile E was invited just like everyone else here :(

Shaking his head Wile E stops dwelling upon his narrow and seemingly divine parole from the crowd. But who in the crowd was responsible for his current trouble. It is true that Lord Washima, George, and Serena all jeered the crowd in attempts to expell him. But should Wile E's hunt for the person who wants him expelled be limited to just these three people. I think not. Javier, Elisabeth Christie, Dr. Van Muncie, Jaqui, Walter Morrison, Markus Black, and Shana were all their to go against him. This calls for some old fashioned detective work.

Hello Acme.... I need 1 Junior Beginner, so you want to be a forensic detective kit, Yes thank you I would like the jacket as well.

Wile E. Coyote gets his package moments later.

He pulls out his new blue jacket with CSI: Reunion writen on the back.

He dons his new Sherlock Holmes hat, with his Columbo cigar.

He pulls out his Jessica Fletcher "authentic" typewriter to organize his theories.

Finally he hits play on the tape that is included.

Bomp Bombnnnn (think Law and Order)

Wile E starts typing... someone dies in a small fishing town in Maine....

Dr. Van Muncie, what does Wile E. know about him. He is a kindered spirit, a hunter of elusive prey. Yes perhaps Wile E. could make an ally of the Doctor.

Elisabeth Christie, a socialite who has been through so much already. She may have an idea or a lead.

WWSHDOPWWSOPCSDDIASS. following thoughts based on first letters clearly does not work. But what to do next?

Wile E needs to investigate further.....

Edited by Eyremon

Night wears away and, by dawn, there are people sleeping in the couches at the ball room or dozing at the kitchen. In the guests' wing, some rooms have open doors to reveal their occupants haven't bothered about beds, and others are locked. Snores can be heard coming out from some of the latest, and in at least one door it's possible to listen to soft weeping.

In Amanda's room, Teruko nods at Takako. "She slept restlessly." Takako acknowledges the report and her sister leaves. After a moment of apparent reflexion, but during which she quickly scans the room and notices the untouched locks on the windows, she wakes Amanda softly.

Servants at the kitchen prepare the breakfast noiselessly, but Wetherby soon arrives and starts waking up the dozers in an acerbic tone.

"Please either wake up and get ready for breakfast, or go to your rooms. Unfortunately you're disturbing the smooth work of the kitchen personnel."

The scene repeats in the ball room, where the tables are already being set for the breakfast. Soon there are lots of people entering and leaving the guests' wing, most of them sleepy and muttering about not being able to leave. To their surprise, the ones who enter their rooms for the first time notice that there's a change of clothes for them on their beds, apparently chosen with care so that no taste is offended.

A bell rings twice, startling more than one person. A voice is heard, inviting people for breakfast, and even the sleepiest of the guests find themselves curious enough to be seated at the table some time later.

The care shown in the organization of the party is seen also during breakfast. Lord Kinjiru acts his most charming way but, as the guests relax and start talking more lively, some notice a still empty chair.

A pale Wetherby interrupts Kinjiru, murmuring some words in his ears. The ninja lord excuses himself and leaves, gesturing to his guards - who sublty change positions so as to cover everybody in the room.

Moments later, Kinjiru returns.

"Terauchi Eiji was found in the wine cellar by one of my servants. His throat has been slashed. No one has entered this house, and Mrs. Black has been under guard the whole night. I will just warn you: I will find this murderer. "

There's a deep silence, then he continues. "Those who wish to find entertainment are free to look around the house. You will find a Library, and the Winter garden is now open. All external doors are, however, locked. I will ask once more not to try to leave."

OOC: There was no PC kill this night phase. Day phase begins. You have 48 hours to place your votes. Good hunting!

Please check the OOC thread :)

Edited by Tanuchan

The Suspects...

Lady Celes Crusader- Elisabeth Christie, well-known socialite (WWIII)

Vahktang- Lord Washima, Strong head of the Washima Clan (WWII)

DeanTheAdequate- Dr. Van Muncie (WWI)

Katzaniel- Jaqui, Blind and somewhat bitter young adult (WWVI)

Eyremon- Wile E. Coyote (WWVII)

Merelas- Walter Morrison, nerdy High-school kid (WWVI)

Degenero Angelus- Markus Black, Gentle gang member from the old west (WWV)

Ayshela- Shana, randomly bubbly teenager from high school setting

Gwaihir- George, a merchant

Salinye - Serena, ex-high school nerdy type

Xanthus- Javier

NPC- Elwen- Hisoka Kyodai, geisha (WWII)

NPC/mod- MeThinksUFoolish- (Any of my old characters I feel like using)

NPC/mod- Tanuchan - Amanda Black

The Victims

Albert E. Milhouse - NPC, high school kid from WW IV, NPC kill

Terauchi Eiji - NPC, Japanese minor lord from WW II, NPC kill

Tanuchan- Amanda Black - innocent

Shana stretched unobtrusively, trying to work a kink out of her back. It had been several years since she'd been in the habit of dropping off to sleep in the corner of the couch, wherever she happened to be for the evening. The horrors of the evening before had receded somewhat, as she and Serena had talked late into the night about their different school experiences and lives since then before drifting into a fitful rest. Sleepy people wandering aimlessly about had made the absence of someone *else* she didn't know unnoticable, until the empty seat at breakfast made it obvious. The resurgence of terror was suffocating for a moment, and Shana looked around to see widened eyes in white faces looking around as she was.

"Who... who could have..." she stuttered softly, trailing off to shocked silence.

OOC: no vote yet

Elisabeth is relieved when she sees that Amanda's still alive but is still worried that the killer is still on the loose. She places up her rust taffetas gown and throws her loose auburn hair behind her neck. She sits at a table where breakfast is served, besides Lord Washima. He decides to start a conversation with her.

- Did you slept well? asks the Japanese Lord

- Not really, replies the socialite cooly, I wasn't drunk enough for that.

Although the dinking habits of Elisabeth are obvious, Lord Washima understands how she feels, although something within him urges him to ask if she survived her first ordeal or not. The Brit finally murmurs.

- Anyhow, if we don't catch an ennemy today, at least, one innocent is protected. However, I'd rather find the assassins as soon as possible.

Dr. Van Muncie takes in a light breakfast, then begins searching the area. It's not long before he comes upon the scene of the first murder. But it is spotless.

"The fool cleaned it up... Nothing to go on here." Instead, he checks his notebook on the rake marks, then begins searching for a pushbroom.

A little while later he begins sweeping the well kept wooden floors.

"Stop, please" says a maid "That is our job sir."

"Yes, but in helping you for a moment, I'm doing mine as well."

The maid looked cross, but soon trotted away. There was no reason to worry the girl. He had found what he was looking for. The claws of the wolf made scrtaches in the well-waxed floors. Barely noticeable to someone who wasn't cleaning the things. But panic was not needed now, for on top of that the doctor had no wolfsbane. And being confined did not give him a chance to find any.

So better to keep quiet for now. He'd have to go on faith and intuition for his first accusations. He hated to do something as low as... gamble.

"Hmm..."

Wile E. Coyote follows Dr. Van Muncie around as he proceeds through his investigation. Wile E. of course is wearing his CSI jacket and Sherlock Holmes cap. Wile E. proceeds to produce a magniflying glass and starts to comb the floor looking for clues. Wile E in an adjacent room stops and declairs that he found footprints of a 6'1" man who weighs 200 lbs. has blue eyes, brown hair, wears specticles, and is an organ donar. Everyone seems amazed at this declaration until Dr. Van Muncie tells Wile E to give George his license back. Wile E complies and continues his search for clues.

OOC. Tying vote with Dr. Van Muncie, unless otherwise said.

Another death. This time, not a student. Was this not, then, a revenge from those days? Or was this rather a distraction to make the students feel less uncomfortable and the detectives look in the wrong place?

Jaqui finds no solace in her psychology knowledge, no clues among the varied occupants of the house, and exactly the opposite of comfort from the new murder. She decides to listen especially carefully to the conversations going on among each of the other students. However, it's still important not to isolate oneself. Almost as important as finding a second perspective.

"Walter," she says, "what do you think it all means?"

Bomp Bombnnnn (think Law and Order)

LOL.

IC:

Lord Washima watches all the black clad 'scenery changers' moving about the household.

His opinion on their ability to protect them was verified by the death of the one in the celler.

He wondered what a 'Winter Garden' was, and how it would prevent the murderer from escaping.

He stood, bowed to Lady Celes and offered his arm.

"My dear lady. If you would be so kind to accompany me, I think the 'Winter Garden' may be a more pleasent experience than this 'room of bad news.'"

If it was a more or less normal garden then he knew a good number of classic poems he could adapt to recite to the lady.

If it wasn't, then he would adapt.

As to who the actual killer was...

That Javier fellow.

How much did they know of him?

A new comer.

A stranger.

A prime suspect.

OOC:

I accuse Xanthus- Javier

Because _somebody_ has to cast the first vote.

I swear next game I'm going to change my character name to

No vote yet.

:P

Serena entered the dining hall rather timidly. The first person that had befriended her was under guard as a suspect for murder. She had been informed by one of the staff that another murder had taken place while they all slept. That meant, the murderer was still here. I've got to get out of here! She thought to herself. Scanning the room, she started to take note of where all the exits were. Perhaps she could sneak away somehow. Sitting down at an unoccupied table, she ordered breakfast and started to form a plan in her mind hoping Shana would arrive soon.

OOC: I'll vote, but not ready yet. *grins*

~Salinye :fairy:

Edited by Salinye

OOC:

The only person that had befriended her was under guard as a suspect for murder.

Well, glad to know staying up talking with you last night doesn't count! :P;) *giggles*

IC: Shana sat at the breakfast table sipping her coffee and thinking intensely. Amanda was under guard when the second murder happened, which could well be taken as proof that she was innocent. Looking about her, she began to wonder.. Lord Washima seems alright, an honourable man indeed. I do hope he's not making a mistake wandering about alone with Elizabeth. An excellent poker player, well able to bluff. I wonder.. she thought. Looking about further, she noticed Javier again. It seemed he'd been on an endless bender since he'd burst in on them all last night. It could be *him*, he was unaccounted for at the first murder. Where was HE last night?

Realizing her thoughts were becoming as cold as the coffee she held, forgotten, she set it down and left the table to seek out the Winter Garden.

OOC: It's only breakfast yet, i'll vote with my next post. :)

Javier comes stumbling out of his room, a turkey drumstick in one hand and a stein in the other.

"Mornin already? Wha happended to night?" he asks, his breath stinking of booze. "Okay people, we need to work and find the killer guy," he adds, not noticing the sluthing going on all about him.

On his way into the room, Javier trips on the edge of the carpet. He manages to recover only grabbing onto Serena in desperation, and spilling his beer all over her in the process. The drunk straightens himself up, pats his now extruding belly with his drumstick-hand, belches loudly in Serena's face, and then passes out on top of her.

OOC: I'll vote, once Javier here picks up his wits a bit.

Also, I'm aware that Javier was just described as seeming more composed... after a bit of thought, I decided to continue down the original direction I had intended for the character. Him seeming composed would require me completely changing the little picture of his personality I have built in my mind. :)

Edited by _Xanthus_

Shana wandered the house throughout the day, watching people watching each other. It was a most unnerving experience, especially knowing they were watching her doing the same. She spoke with Serena several times, and with as many of the others as she could, trying to find some reason for the murders or some clue to who might be behind it. And through it all her mind returned to Elizabeth's very dextrous handling of the card and her cool composure. Could it be her?

OOC: i vote for Elisabeth Christie - Lady Celes

OOC

I'm extending day phase for another 14 hours (so, until about 1:30 pm EST tomorrow), both to give chance for those "no vote yet" posters place their votes :P and also because it'll be better for me to manage, since my vacations ended last weekend. (And also because I'm in no condition to think of a posting right now).

At the end of that period, whoever has the most votes will be lynched. Any tie will be decided by throwing dice.

Wolves/Seer/Baner, please be prepared to PM me your choices.

Edited by Tanuchan

They think my wife is a murderer? No.. no. She hasn't killed anyone since the wagon train.... There's no way she could have done it.

"I don't know why you insist on holding my wife captive, but I guess she won't get out until we've solved these murders."

Markus takes his hat off and sets it on the table, lighting a cigarette and leaning back in his chair, thinking to himself. Too calm. She was just too calm.

OOC: Elisabeth Christie - Lady Celes