The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WereWolf IX

OOC:

Salinye, you fought very well at the end there. I was confused what your plan might be, if guilty, and it really made me wonder if maybe you weren't.

If we had given you one more day, would you have tried to attack me and then claimed that Salinye was baned & therefore innocent? Or passed on the kill and tried to argue that the wolves had it in for you? Or some other, sinister plan? ;)

I'm so glad Jaqui wasn't wrong... would you guys have all lynched me the next day if I had been? I was planning on *not* baning myself, if wrong, on the hopes that the wolf would assume I was. Suicidal, perhaps, but at that point Jaqui would be feeling a little suicidal.

In response to Tanny's questions: Luck was so strongly on our side that time. I doubt that most baners would find the wolf on the first night, or the seer find the *other* wolf on the second night... We would probably have to try again with the no-kill rules to see how it turned out a second time. Personally, I like it, as it increases the baner's involvement, changes their strategy, and allows them to mark off innocents.

Hey, I wonder what would happen in a game where the seer/baner are told each other's names and allowed to communicate via PM? We'd have to make it 3 wolves or something though. Or do that thing where they're not allowed to reveal themselves IC. Ooh... that would be interesting.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katz: Well, my plan was simply one of self preservation! Deggy and I knew we had a lucky baner, so we decided whoever accused one of us heavily first would likely be the baner and we should kill them next! So, when Ayshela accused Deggy, I was sure she was the baner, but NO she was the Seer!

My plan of desperation at the end was that if I could get their votes changed, I would get one more person out of the game, then kill you during the night round. I would then plea that the killer was simply intelligent and killed Katz in an attempt to frame me because they knew you would all lynch me instead of them.

It was worth a try, neh?

About Tanny's question. I really like that the moderators are given the ability to choose the rules each round. We play this in RL a lot over the years and we never let baning a wolf result in no kill, but that's all preference. I think if I was modding,I'd probably have it not result in a kill or at the very best a 50/50 situation.

Also, I would also say you can never reveal who you are ic because that is similiar to pm alliances, yes? Saying I'm the baner, this is how I know this isn't any different to me than if they pm'd everyone and told them that. Takes away the ability to sway people based on your creativity or to defend yourself. BUT again, that's only my opinion, since the question was asked. :0)

However, I would play and abide by any rules set regardless if they are my preference or not. :0) Great game everyone! Way not to let us werewolves win!!

~Salinye :fairy:

Yes, worth a try, certainly. I think it might well have been the best possible plan at that point.

And, saying "I am the baner" is what I would call OOC revealing. I get from your post that you don't see what I did as revealing my role? Because I think Tanny meant that as IC role revealing. Of course you could just be pretending, but you're basically coming out and claiming the role.

Well, I don't mind that you stated ic that you were the baner. :0) It's well within the rules and you certainly played your part well! My thoughts are that if I were modding, I would probably make it a rule that you can't reveal your parts. :0)

But again, it's not bad one way or the other. Which is why the mods get to choose their own rules. Keeps the games shaken up a bit. *grins*

~Salinye :fairy:

...WEREWOLVES! WEREWOLVES EVERYWHERE!!!

*Van Muncie whips out an offical "Van Helsing" movie replica auto-crossbow and begins spraying the room... And then he wakes up*

....That, was wierd...

*He rolls over to find a wolvish shape in his bed*

...AHHHHHHHHHHH!

1st night: Kill = Vahktang / Seen = Vahktang / Baned = Salinye (so, no kill)

And I would have died on the first night again.

[sing]

Tradition, tradition.

Tradition.

[/sing]

:D

Thanks everyone. Fun game.

Lord Washima draws his katana in an Iatsu stroke as her shape blurs and re-forms as a grey wolf, the katana missing her head for fractions of an inch.

I missed???

Must be getting old.

Or maybe it's this being dead thing.

I ruled, in this specific game, that a wolf baned meant no kill (even if there were two wolves) unless the wolves had chosen the Baner as victim. Do you think it favors too much the villagers? Have in mind, please, that not all Baners are as active as Katz was.

Baning means no kill.

They get in their noses, they're allergic, just sets them off for the night.

* I tried once using a rule saying "if two wolves, and one baned, there's 50% chance of no-kill". Would that be better (meaning, more balanced) than a 100% no-kill?

No.

Someday someone is going to do a statistical analysis on our WW games to get some better answers.

We almost have enough for a run.

* I ruled also that Baner/Seer couldn't reveal their roles OOC. Would it be interesting telling them not to reveal IC either? Would that favor the wolves?

IC is fine for me.

And I was going to say:

It would be quite awful if a innocent was saved from death twice, only to be slain by her fellows at last.

Well, while we wait for Lady Celes' game start... I was wondering if you'd like to post here what were your reasons to choose the people you chose, be for lynching, seeing, baning, or killing.

As Mod, I know some of the reasons... but I think it would be interesting if people talked about that. It could even help improve RPing skills for future games. What do you think?

Well, I had just time for one vote before being lynched, and didn't vote/defend myself because it would be the best solution, once I was stepping in as acting mod... :P Though, I am curious why Amanda got the votes. Was it because I was acting as mod, or because you did suspect I could be the wolf?

~Tanny, a curious wolf ;)

back to check a PM, so *pssssst* don't tell anyone i'm here!

okay.. why did i choose as i did..

Amanda i voted for simply because i believed that would "clean up" your character and make modding easier - or possible O_o. i had no specific reason outside of that to choose her so made the expedient choice to get the game moving smoothly ASAP.

As Seer, i selected Vaktang for what might be a peculiar reason: given his record for being lynched early, and innocently, i figured we were due to have him as a wolf.. ;) and if he *wasn't* maybe he could actually play this game through? Verification either way was in order, for lack of specific reason to suspect anyone else.

Deg - selected based on response to Amanda's accusation. Any real defense came late and awkwardly, making me curious about the reluctance to be openly involved.

Sal - selection based on IM conversation and IC responses. The determined confusion and hysteria conflicted with rational conversations enough to make me suspicious enough to literally at the last minute, AS I WAS PMing Tanny, solidly decide to switch my target.

Had i not switched to Sal, i would have chosen Gwai's character, for determined lack of involvement. Lying low might well be a werewolf tactic, so George would have been the next on the list if necessary.

*vanishes again* *pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain!* :)

Well, I didn't vote in the first round because I simply had no idea and I wasn't confortable voting against Amanda nor Wile E Coyote.

I thend voted Deg out since his character behavior was similar to the Oregon's trail game where this char was also a Werewolf.

Then I followed Jaqui and voted against Salinye as I lacked of any other suspect.

Voted for Amanda (before Tanny had done more than one mod action, I believe, which meant Foolish might still have returned) as a second choice to voting for Serena, actually.

Serena was in the high school crowd, an obvious drunk, slightly too friendly... someone whom Jaqui would suspect. But she was played by Salinye, a newcomer to the game, and so I didn't want to start voting on her in the first round. So Amanda, wife of the gambler, also too friendly, made sense to me at the time. At that point I didn't think any of us had role, which might have affected me a little.

As for baning Sal, well, all the reasons mentioned above, plus the following... keep in mind that I don't enjoy having OOC information but I don't have too many qualms about using it. Salinye sent out all those PMs. Salinye obviously had a major role in the game, since no one else knew whether roles had been sent or not. I could have been wrong, and I was well aware that she might have known some other way, but it still looked extremely suspicious.

Voting, next round. No one was saying much that made sense. I didn't want to bring attention to myself. I had posted an implication that I thought it was a high school student, my "last clue" in case I died that night, without making myself an obvious target for death. I skipped a round, if I remember right, and did not vote. I was banking on the missing turn being the sort of clue that seems obvious only in hindsight.

Baned Sal again, for obvious reasons. I wanted to confirm my suspicions.

For the next vote, I knew that Sal was probably the wolf. Tanny had posted her altered version of the Baning rules, meaning that my strategy was to NOT kill Salinye until we had the other wolf. Deg had a few votes. Deg was wife of the other in-game suspicious character. Deg's character looked suspicious himself. More importantly, I figured that if I could become friends with Salinye and Ayshela, I might be able to ask questions about her suspicions and so forth, watch who she implicated and what she said about them and possibly figure out who her partner was. Her vote was too off-kilter to join my vote to hers that round, so I chose Ayshela's. Just as good, if not better, as it doesn't show my intentions to be Salinye's friend so much as Ayshela's, and if Salinye had no reason to suspect me then things were much better.

When Deg turned out to be the other wolf, I knew that the next round I would have to admit all I knew and accuse Sal. Risking myself earlier made sense, when I knew nothing or when I could prevent a night kill and give us all more time to figure it out. Risking myself when I could stop the game the very next turn seemed too much. I baned myself, and as you all know, led the accusations on Salinye in the morning.

Edited by Katzaniel