The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Afterparty

Wyvern

Knight

Oh, thank you then Lady Yui. I was beginning to wonder.

------------------

Initiate - Mages of Forgetten Wars- Blitz II

Blood Warrior of Souls- Army of Darkness

Leader of Non-alligned- Archspace

Ich hat eine Kameraden; bessern findst du nicht-

Once I had a comrade; a better one you could not find.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wyvern

Gyrfalcon

Well, time for my little speech.... :)

Brute- well, we never really meet, since you frequented different boards from me, however, I wish you the best and I hope you come back soon. ;)

Cheyenne- Good luck in your new job, and remember that the point of a game is to have fun. ;)

Wyvern- buddy, friend, pal, let me at that decanter for a second.... :D

Gyrfalcon is suddenly pulled away from the podium by the faerie music, which requires him to go and watch the dancing. (only the part of him that is human prevents him from dancing dispite a lack of a partner)

Knight

OOC: Seems like we've forgotten Dear old brute.. can't do that folks! NOT AT ALL!

------------------

Initiate - Mages of Forgetten Wars- Blitz II

Blood Warrior of Souls- Army of Darkness

Ich hat eine Kameraden; bessern findst du nicht-

Once I had a comrade; a better one you could not find.

Vice president of the official Mr. Bunny Fan club

"..." - Mr. Bunny

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.

Cryllia

Cryllia waves to Wyvern, fashionably late, as always (somebody has to take up the, ahem, put down the slack for brute!). She is dressed in a stunning deep green dress, and is letting her hair hang down for once. She hopes she isn't too late?

*also testing siggy :)*

HolyChaos

Through the door strides a figure dressed entirely in black. Mist swirls around his feet, and a dark cloak hung from his shoulders. HolyChaos, maro-necromancer inquires "Am I late" gazing around at the drunken faces, he answered his own question

"I guess so"

A drunken mage staggers up to him and asks "hey man, where yo date at?"

"date? hey I have a box of them in my pocket."

*offers everyone a date*

------------------

- HolyChaos

- Maro-Necromancer of Terra

- Blessing be upon you, and may you live and die in peace

- Proud MODERATOR of the Celtic Warrior boards

HolyChaos@Hotmail.com

---

[Archiver's Note: thread ended here.]

• 1 year later...

The next party thread to be archived here is entitled "Party on the Tipanic," and occured on the Archmage Universal Bulletin Boards from August 8th 2001 to September 18th 2001. This party took place post-"Cerulean's Masquerade," and featured some excellent posts from a number of Pen favorites. The party got derailed due to multiple plotlines from groups of posters, which eventually became confusing and led it to its demise. Never the less, there are some excellent posts in the thread, and it's well-worth archiving here to skim through. :)

On a side note: I thought this thread had been lost for good, but Gyrfalcon had the excellent sense to archive early Archmage Universal Bulletin Board writing on his computer. ^_^ Thank you very much for saving the writing, Gyr!

Wyvern

Ladies and gentlemen...

It's time for another party in Terra. This one shall take place on an enormous luxury cruise-liner named "The Tipanic". The ship will be cruising over shark-infested waters while the party is in session... but don't worry. It has been proven "200% sure not to crash". The captain of the ship, Willy "blind in both eyes" Wesmeister, assures us that this is the case.

A man dressed like a pirate with 2 hook hands, 2 peg legs, and 2 eye patches (one over each eye) hobbles onto the deck of the ship. He waves one hook in the air and exclaims:

"Aye! Me ship is a mighty sturdy piece of work, she is. Once, this little beauty made it all the way across the seven seas of Terra! She be invunerable!"

With that, the captain smacks a hook onto one of the ships doors, accidentaly getting the hook stuck within two of the door's wooden planks. He pulls at it in order to free his hand from the door, and pulls the entire door off in the process...

As you can see, there's obviously nothing to fear safety-wise. This is very convenient for party people, since we've replaced all the life-rafts and safety equipment with alcohol related beverages.

This party is sponsored by The Pen is Mightier then the Sword, that guild among guilds. Which means that moderaters can make absolute pigs and fools of themselves and not have to worry about the consequences!

But wait, there's more!

We are priveleged enough to have two special celebrities joining us at this party: Leonardo Decaprio and Steven Segal!

The ship features:

-A dance floor and party area

-A mini-pool, sauna, and tanning chambers.

-An anti-locust repelent apparatus (after that last party, we're taking no chances)

-All those things natural to an enormous ship: the deck, the steering room, the engine basement...

-Several private rooms, for when people feel they're done partying and ready to get down to some serious business.

All is paid for by the Pen, so come join the fun! One more thing though: the party is partialy in honor of Peredhil31's guild NAPs on the AG server (there was this document I accidentaly signed, it's a long story...). Since this is very irrelevent, I ask everyone to bring one irrelevent comment with them to the party. Just for Peredhil.

The "Tipanic" will be leaving its docks at sunset tommorow evening and the party will begin shortly after the departure. The ship will cruise the whole night, and will arrive back at the docks the morning of the next day.

That's about all... Oh, and yes the Decanter WILL be there. Remember: those that miss a Wyvern party are either:

a) Very stupid.

or

B) Very, very smart.

Lord of the Gay

Lord of the Gay steals inside the ship through the crack already developing in the ship's hull... and since he's the first one in the ship.. he quickly goes in the bar and order a full round for everyone.. (which is only himself),

Hmm... The Great Lord Himself looks around, making sure no one is looking and from somewhere in his pants he took out a big 120Karot Purple Gem... "The Groin of the Ocean."

"Just Checking" he mutter to himself when a waitress caught him with his zippers open...

Black

Black Foats up to the ship, secure in the fact that he can fly and withstand much punishment. Landing on the ground he walks up onto the deck and looked around, not seeing anyone he moves over to the bar area and noticed Lord there.

OOC: I promise not to be taken over again this time

The Big Pointy One

The Big Pointy One, among with about 10 of his other buddies walk up the plank to the ship and scatter, finding random places to hang around. To no one in particular, Stick says, "Well, I think right about in between there, so I think I should have a good time." Mr.Bunny nods and they head to the bar, hoping to hit on some of the 'damsely' waitresses (yes, I'm pretty sure I just made up a new word).

(There has to be some sort of filler people, doesn't there...?)

Tiax

"ALE!" came(comes?) a booming female voice from above.

Whoever happens to be on deck at that moment looks up to see Kianna free-falling towards the outdoor pool. With a tremendous splash, she bombed the pool from a height of about six hundred feet. Swimming to the edge, she clambered out of the pool in drenched emerald green robes. With a few words of magic, she dried herself out and proceeded immediately to the bar.

Tiax, on the other hand, made a much quieter entrance, merely stolling up the boarding plank thingie (I can't remember what they're called).

On an entirely unrelated note, recent evidence suggests that a barrel full of monkeys is not half as much fun as previously suggested, and is, in fact, rather horrifying.

The Big Pointy One

Stick hails Tiax and invites him to take a seat at his table. After doing so, he notes quite loudly "To maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow must beat it's wings 43 times a second." That being said, Stick pulls out a deck of cards and starts shuffling them. When he finishes that, he plays a little blackjack with Mr.Bunny

TrueHavoc

TrueHavoc, who was swimming in the habour at the time & ended up doing breastroke into a propeller, decide to board the ship via, the anchor chain. Slowly making his way up to chain he realises that this is one helluva ship.

"This is one helluva ship"

Slowly making his way to the bar. TrueHavoc wondered why he was being stared at by the many waiters & waitresses.

"Ummm.... sir this ship has a certain dress code, you cant walked around *ahem* naked, unless you are drunk or it is 'Lets all walk around naked night'" An attendant told TH.

TH looked down & realised that, well he liked swimming naked but that he should at least put on some clothes.

TH summoned up his favourite navy blue robes with the red trimming which is just so pretty. Again making his way to the bar, this time without hassles, he sat himself next to Lord ordering a few beers for the good people at the bar.

peredhil31

BOOM!

In a flash of smoke and fire, Elrohir is suddenly flying backward through the air. Fortunately a wall checks his uncontrolled flight.

"Oomph!"

Staggering to his feet, he straightens his clothing, with a pinch of his fingers puts outs a burning shoelace.

Feeling eyes on him, he turns slowly.

"I meant to do that." Noting the disbelieving stares, tries to explain.

"Don't, I mean DO NOT, try to wish another Efreeti Bottle inside of an existing one."

Seeing Wyvern approaching with a toothy grin, his hand automatically goes to cover his wallet.

Wyvern's grin widens as he notes the location - he loves that reaction...

"Dad's Celebration! Wyvie! You're a genius."

With a few Adept Words, he summons a Portal and goes to get his family.

------------------

Elrond Peredhil, 31

A Polite Mage - AG

~Searching for Quality, not Quantity, in posting~

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword -UBB - Elder of Lists.

Wandering Bard of Terra

Canid

A large black object comes hurtling out of the sky and lands on its feet on the deck. Stepping out of the heavily indented reptilian footprints on the wood, Eloise waves a wing at everyone.

"Curiosity killed only a small percentage of cats."

Eloise looks around and spots Wyvern. "Ah! I believe we agreed on a drink!" She says, grabbing his ankle painfully and flying over to the bar.

"10 kegs of mead, the green one will be paying."

Eloise stretches out her wings (knocking over the wine glasses that had been carefully arranged into the shape of the Tipanic) and looks around. "Pretty nice ship, I love that captain, he looked like one to carry a fairly big purse...."

Yui Temae

Yui stands on the shore, firmly ensconced in the endless black of her ebon cloak, staring incredulously at the 'marvel of oceanic engineering' known as the Tipanic. Grimacing.

I give the ship about one hour, at the level of the parties he throws. I mean, good gods, even the sturdy Conservatory lasted only a few hours, and this thing looks about as sturdy as Brute does on your average day.

She hesitates, staring at the 'gang plank thingie', which is most ironically called a 'gang plank' ( ), before she turns to the taller figure standing beside her. "Well, love? Do you think its worth the risk ..?"

Aegon glances down at her with a smirk in response, dryly intoning, "No, but let's go anyway. ... Wyvern's parties are supposed to be good for some laughs. Besides, I'm parched."

Laughing, the Huntress rolls her eyes and follows Aegon up the rickety plank, muttering, "One candlemark of travelling since his last drink and he's 'parched'... Gods, I'm in love with an Army of Darkness Lush..."

Black

Black walks over to where Tiax and Stick were sitting and looks at Stick. For no real reason Black Blurts out a strange thing.

"Get it straight, a 5 ounce bird can not carry a 1 pound coconut." Black told Stick, then just walk over to the bar and ordered a blood wine.

The Big Pointy One

Stick yells out at Black as he walks away "Yea, that's exactly my point!!!" He sees LOTG chasing Mr.Bunny and growls. He quickly makes a net from toothpicks and table mints. He swings it around and catches LOTG in it. He hangs the net over the side of the boat and sticks out his tongue. "I win this round!"

Arufel

A lone, short figure is seen walking along the pier. He eyes the Tipanic, and those close enough to hear him, hear him mutter a few lines from a popular song from the time;

Crossing the straights is easy,

A salt moon leans to the mast,

A gull falls away in the dark.

Drowning is easy, my friend

As when foundering port to port

Horizons topple and vanish

And into your Ocean I slip..

He finishes by crying out "Bon Voyage indeed!" And scrambles up the gang plank into the ship, ah yes, time to find out if dwarves and water mix.

------------------

Arufel Greyfist

The Wandering Dwarf

Nyyark

On Crow, the large black crow, Nyyark lands in the tilted crows nest.

"Well Crow I suppose it takes two to tango, don't you think"

"Kaaa"

Nyyark strolls down the crows nest pole. As he heads towards the nearest bar he notices Peredhil politly glaring at him.

"Well Crow how about a swim" he hastily shouts.

Nyyark then makes a mad dash for the pool follow by a hopping Crow, and the both dissapear with a splash.

Nyyark

Keeper of Crows

Kept by Crows

Just Crow'n along

?Myth

Myth looks at the ship. It looked pretty bad as she had heard others say. As a matter of fact even considering the things she had in her pockets, entering that ship was down right stupid, but she was kinda used to danger. Frankly, she hadn't died yet, and she'd certainly done enough stupid things, so one more was unlikely to hurt her. She walked on.

Tiax

As Tiax slowly won all of Stick's gold over a game of blackjack, Kianna breathed pure cold on the punch-bowl, then upended it, dumping a block of punch-flavoured ice on the table. Slowly, she bagan to use one of her claws to carve it into the shape of a dragon.