The Afterparty

Wyvern

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wyvern

Zool

As Jagged voiced the provocative question, every white peaked hood in the place spunaround to see from where the offensive utterance came.

They went up into the rocks...

"I thought they were ascendant mages," said Racouol with a shrug.

------------------

Zool

Ager1 Eradication Mage

Bard of Terra

Don't MAKE me get out the Rubber Chicken...

Wyvern

As the many lovers at the party headed down to the dance floor for the grand finale: a slow, highly romantic dance; Wyvern noticed that something was missing. Then, it hit him. There was NO MUSIC! P51mus (or was it Bob? ) had destroyed the entire orchestra. As the lovers of the party began to become annoyed, Wyvern realised he needed some music. Needed it fast...

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

P51mus

...and just as Wyvern realized that the music was missing, a meteer struck the ground near him, not harming him but it did annoy him

The meteor caught the attention of P51mus

P51mus looked up at the sky through the hole in the ceiling created by the meteor, and sees an unnatural darkness

It has started....the 451st Armageddon has begun......

In advance I would like to say, I will meet all of you again, after Terra has reformed and the Archmagi including you have been reincarnated. Until then, I must watch over the wasteland that Terra will shortly become and help its recovery....

Gyrfalcon

*Gyrfalcon looked up, increadibly annoyed at being interupted by this unannounced armageddon.*

I'm not going to allow the last dance to be stopped, if I have my say! Gyrfalcon thought.

But all I need is time.... time! with that thought, one of Gyrfalcon's spells came forward, out of the recesses of Gyrfalcon's brain where his spells were kept.

Quickly chanting, Gyrfalcon felt the area around the Conservatory begin to slow in time..... until it was suspended in a Temporal Statis Field. While the rest of the world was being consummed in Armageddon, the people in the Conservatory had time for the final dance before Armageddon caught up with their slower time pocket.

"Ok, people, someone find an orchastra, I did this for a dance, you know." the half-elf said.

Racouol

Seeing Gyrfalcon solve one of the problems Racouol decided to solve the other one. Seeing how there was no music being played Racouol started pulling several people with their instraments out of his pockets. "Hmm, we are still missing something. I know we need someone to sing." A smile slowly appeared on Racouol's face. He then pulls a microphone out of his pocket. "Seeing as this is the last dance of the party, I have decided to sing." Racouol then signalled that band to start playing and in a few moments Racouol started singing.

------------------

Racouol

Father of Darkness

The Golden Lord

Lord of Nightmares

Bearer of Deep Pockets

Ozymandias

Ozymandias drops dead facefirst into the punchbowl. A half-peeled banana tumbles to the floor from nerveless fingers.

------------------

I am Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

I think it no accident that every civilized people has discovered the art of distillation.

-Rofellos of Llanowar

Member of Holy of the World (A1)

Wyvern

Thanks guys. Couldn't have done it without you! :D

Wyvern begins slow dancing with Cheyenne when he notices Ozymandias face-down in the punchbowl with a bannana in his hand.

Oh my god, the bannanas are poisonous!

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

Ozymandias

Ozymandias stands bolt upright so fast, a nearby ascendant squeals in fright.

"WhoooaaaaOH! My gods!! I'm sober!"

Looks around him, listening to the slow music. He waves happily to the band.

"Thanks, Racouol! I'd hate to have been drunk for the last dance." Quickly conjuring himself some more presentable clothes and gating away the punch on his head, the newly groomed king of kings scans the room and in short order finds a small group of sheildmaidens talking and laughing over by the buffet. Sidling up to the likeliest looking brunette and putting on his most winning smile, he bows low.

"May I have this dance?"

------------------

I am Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

I think it no accident that every civilized people has discovered the art of distillation.

-Rofellos of Llanowar

Wyvern

OOC: I just thought I had ought to finish this up before it becomes non-exsistent (like the cruelly unfinished "Something Different")

IC: The last dance was the best dance many of the archmages had ever had. The slow, sweet music created the perfect dancing tempo and Racouol's singing made the atmosphere madly romantic (LOL ). Even after the music stopped and many archmages headed off into the night, there were still a few archmages slowly dancing in each others arms (including, of course, me and Cheyenne). Eventualy, however, all the mages had headed off and the Conservatory laid deserted.

Outcome of my party:

A moderate amount of money was made and a few mages scored.

The End

Edit to provide the Something Different link - yet another thread I killed in those days...

• 2 weeks later...

This next party thread was entitled "Farewell Brute, Congratulations Cheyenne (A formal party held by Wyvern)," and took place on the Archmage Universal Bulletin Boards from February 5, 2001 to March 10, 2001. I had completely forgotten about this party thread until just recently (edit: though I do remember Tzimfemme's first post in it), despite it containing some excellent posts from several people . One notable overlooked feature of this thread is that it contained frequent roleplaying from Jechum, who contributed several things to it. I believe that the Decanter of Endless Booze was handed down to me from Brute midway through the thread, though the transaction is not included in the party itself. While this thread reads considerably better than "Wyvern the Party Animal," it still contains some pretty mediocre RPing on my part, which I apologize for in advance. ;)

Wyvern

As many of you may know (and even more of you probably don't know), Brute, the legendary Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze, is leaving us. At the same time, my darling Cheyenne has been promoted to a position of leadership. I am holding a formal party for these enormous events (those of you who know Wyvern knows he throws great parties). All are invited, and (get this) admission is free!

There are a few rules and regulations you must follow if you are to come however:

-This is a FORMAL party. All people who come to the party must come dressed formally and act politely amongst their fellow archmages.

-All archmages who come to the party must prepare two small speeches; one bidding Brute a farewell and one congratulating Cheyenne on her new position.

-If possible, bring dates (optional, but it's much funner that way :D)

Having said that, the party will take place in the Grand Ballroom of the Conservatory (with the consent of Rydia and Gyrfalcon, of course...). I await for poeple to begin showing up.

(Note: Don't read your speeches right away. There will be a special time for that)

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

lumpenproletariat

Lumpen walks in, attired in a sauve (sp?)suit of armor, all polished up, and a thities style small brimmed gangster hat, on his arm is the beautiful *Cough...would say her name online but....Cough*.

The sit down, lumpens speech cards awaiting in his hands. He carefully looks around, theres no one else here he realises, except for the Wvyern up on the stage. He promptly yells out-"Nice party, wvyern!", ok, so lumpens a little drunk, thats to be expected right?

------------------

-Lumpenproletariat

Kleptomaniac of terra

A SoB on B2

Member of the Zombie Club

Leader of FOoD, and its parent company RTCYSIA on Beta

"I've cracked 1500 baby"-Misha

"tea spoon for tea cups, table spoon for table cups, dessert spoon for fat chicks"--Some drunk guy I met on the beach

Arawn

A simple look to his right reveals to Lumpen that Arawn sits in a chair in a smashing black tux, his long black hair tied into a ponytail, before him a set of cards, "Indeed, my date has been in the bathroom for and hour already."

------------------

Arawn Dan'Shir

The Mad King

Member of Kindred, App

Elder of Pen is Mightier than the Sword, A1

War General,Brotherhood of the Night,B2

Knight

Removing his bright and shiny helmet, and proceeding to the reuninion of mages, Knight walked in. Looking the full part of a knight, he looked at his comrades. "So, am I just a little bit early?"

------------------

Initiate - Mages of Forgetten Wars- Blitz II

Blood Initiate- Army of Darkness

Leader of Non-alligned- Archspace

Ich hat eine Kameraden; bessern findst du nicht-

Once I had a comrade; a better one you could not find.

Racouol

Racouol walks in wearing an elegent wizards robe with real gems sewn into it. His Cloak was made from the finest winter wolf's hide there could he found. His Boots were made from the skin of ice vipers. In each arm was a beautiful young lady, one blonde and one redhead, dressed in the finest silks available and wearing expensive pieces of jewlery.

Racouol walked up to the table Arawn, Knight, and Lumpenproletariat and seated himself as his dates went to powder their nose. "Hey whats up everyone?"

------------------

Racouol

Father of Darkness

The Golden Lord

Lord of Nightmares

Bearer of Deep Pockets

Guildmaster of The Brotherhood of the Night

Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon strides in, attired in his gleaming mithril field plate armor. His cloak shimmers through the entire spectrum of the rainbow in a tasteful manner. For once, Gyrfalcon does not have his various knives and his katana with him.

He stops at the door for a second, sets up a sign, then continues into the room.

He walks over to Arawn, greets him quietly, then continues on to speak to Racouol for a moment or two. Finally, Gyrfalcon sits down at the table, near the middle of the table.

The sign at the door which Gyrfalcon had set up reads

This Banquet is offically sponsored by the Conservatory. Food and Drink provided by 'Wishing on a Star Services'. To have your food or drink, simply wish for it to appear in front of you. Food and drink comes with appropriate silverware and platter(s).

Gyrfalcon the half-elf battlemage, Moderator of the Conservatory

Cheyenne

Walking through the door with an even more enticingly beautiful woman on each side of her than she is, Cheyenne smiles Wickedly at Wyvern. Whispering into each of the ladies ears and giving them a kiss on the....cheek, they start to walk toward Wyvern.

Walking in the opposite direction, toward Lumpy, Cheyenne's midnight blue sheer gown swirls like a mist floating on a breeze.

"Hello, my friend, found anyone to rape my land today?"

Tzimfemme & Rydia

Outside the door one can faintly hear "We're entering alphabetically and that's final! . . .oh drat. Reverse alphabetical order, anyone? Anyone. . ." Wings flap, feet shuffle, elbows poke, and satin swishes for a few minutes more. Finally the door opens and magesses, mostly human, stream in.

Baba Yaga, heavy-footed, swaying with weight and age, all wrinkles and green mossy cloak and stigma of the Armageddon caster;

Dancer with one hand to her omnipresent headphones, humming and keeping time with her steps, covered with wires and speakers;

Deiphobe in a wet, blood-soaked white robe, muttering aloud to Apollo, making arcane gestures at the wide-eyed company;

Dementia dressed as an afterthought, scribbling madly on a sheet of human vellum and talking gibberish at Deiphobe;

Hermione, stamping satyr's feet and proudly shaking her excessively tasseled and fringed red belly-dancer costume;

Kalanga, in the intermediate form between cockatoo and human, a hook-beaked winged blonde covered in snowy white down;

Minta, with traditional research mage robes, indigo hair neatly braided into two tails, and no zombie flesh under her fingernails;

Nurse Washu, tagged as "Assistant to the Love Doctor--Stat Me Please!", hat precariously perched on wild pink hair;

Rosemary garbed in blue and gold, silver jewelry of her own design on every possible point, jingling with innumerable small bells;

Rydia, pearl earrings swaying, green hair piled extra-high, shawl spun of the finest silk and nearly transparent on her arms;

Shorewhore, red bikini even smaller than the normal cut, not much more than strings and strategic patches and change belt;

The Shrike, wings flat to show the metalium-tipped flight feathers to best advantage, winging along at Shorewhore's height;

Sossity, in a simple white dress, with hair and lipstick and belt all matching, and white shoes stained permanently red;

Tanaquil, wearing the classic tunic of royal purple, a gold diadem, and the dead eyes of ambition with nothing further to achieve;

Tzimfemme, naked, but with hair neat in thin braids looped up and around, carrying two scrolls and a pair of curious chalices.

Slowly it dawns on the assembled revelers that none of these females have brought dates, and there is a sudden flurry of chairs pulled out, introductory drinks fetched and sick hopeful smiles.

------------------

Tzimfemme (the naked)

"Deleting nothing between maiden and mage"

Rydia adorned with pearls

Owner of the Anti-Spam Carp

Minta Rose, sunshine and moonlight

lost in their own dementia

Proprietress of the Happy Hentai Warehouse

Jimi Hendrix Experience, Ager Guilded

Constant Reader and Moderator, General Assembly and Ager Guilded

MaliCe

*Burst through the door and rushes straight for a table as soon as he heard the words "Wish for your free food". Stars wishing and gobling up tons and tons of food.*

"Nothing like a free meal eh Brutesy, but then againt nothing like free booze too" :)

Sad to see you go Brute,

SnowWolf

lumpenproletariat

"Please sitdown Cheye, and I can explain." he begins...

Midway through conversation he is startled when it is revealed to his druken vision, that he bought a tree stump, not a woman.

He quickly jumps up, and walks off in the direction of where female mages go to "Freshen up", a few minuts later he is walking back with a brunette on each arm, he sits again, satisfied that they weren't wood. "Well Cheye, where were we..." he continues "ah yes, I swear I didn't have anything to do with it...."

------------------

-Lumpenproletariat

Leader of FOoD

and

RTCYSIA Prophet

Wyvern

Wyvern, the hoster of the party, walks through the crowd. He wears a fine ebony black tuxedo, and his scales, usualy somewhat vicious looking and feral, have been brushed back giving him a suave, gentlemanly look. His wings have even been tucked (well... more like CRAMMED) into the back of his tux, and ever so often this part of his tux twitches as if the wings were trying to escape.

As Wyvern passes through the crowd, making sure everyone is having a good time, he greets several people.

"Arawn, good to see you here..."

"Racouol, how are the ladies...?"

"Gyrfalcon, thanks for coming..."

"Rydia, glad you could make it..."

Wyvern spots Cheyenne (the woman of honor at the party) sitting at a table in a stunning midnight blue dress discussing something with Lumpenproletariat and what appears to be a log. Wyvern is about to go and greet them when two absolutely GEORGEOUS women come up to him and stare at him, slyly.

Wyvern: "I don't believe we've been introduced...?"

First beautifull woman: "Yes, but Cheyenne told us SO much about you. (giggles)"

Second beautifull woman: "Apparently, you're a true gentleman... (smiles)"

It was going to be a fine night indeed. :D

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

Knight

OOC: Gee thanks for forgetting me wyvern. :P

Just kidding, hehehehe...

Knight smiles at the group of mages, excuses himself, and wonders where his date is. This is not unlike her, even dominions have to take care of themselves....