The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Afterparty

Wyvern

Silas

With out being noticed by any of the partiers, Silas finally teleports onto the ship. After rendering the DJ unconcious, he spots Wyvern and approaches him.

"I just received my invitation from Gyrfalcon. Mind if I take over the music?"

With a nod from Wyvern, Silas summons his symphony, and the music starts blarring.

* for the story on why i am here, read "dance with me" in the poetry section *

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wyvern

TimeRipper

"Ugh, darn symphony." TimeRipper once again approaches the stage. This time, however, he is in a more forceful attitude.

Somewhere else...

The guard gets an immidiate call down to the pool where a few mages have been spotted diving under and not coming back up for a long while. Halfway to the pool, however, the guard realizes that they are mages and can probably take care of themselves.

When he gets back to his guarding position he finds two things out. A symphony had snuck in while he was gone and taken over the music, which in the guard's opinion, sucked. Also, the dance floor had finally become full, which ment it was time for him to promote himself to a more enjoyable job: Bouncer. The guard stood at the door, only letting in one person for every person that left the floor.

Black

As we go back to the card game Black was up 10,000,000 geld. He had won the last 40 hands and felt unstoppable. It was then that his body started to feel more cold then usual. Thinking nothing of this Black kept playing...and lost 3,000,000 in one hand, then 2,000,000 in the next.

Black-I think I'll call it a day. Man, whats up with my sudden bad luck?

After saying that he tripped on his way out of the bar and fell on his face.

Black-Ouch? Don't tell me cold means bad luck and warm means good.

Bar tender-I tried to warn you earlier, but no, you had to be the tough guy and buy the hardest drink...didn't you?

Black-I'll be fine, we make our own luck...not some silly drink.

The bar tender couldn't help but laugh a bit when Black turned and ran into the door. With a grunt Black opened the door and left the bar.

Meanwhile

----------

Joseph was on the dance floor when he got an idea. What if I...(he laughs)...thats perfect! He thought to himself as he walked over to a secret corner, and let out a few termites. Laughing again he went back to the dance floor, and started to dance.

Silas

"Something wierd is definitely happening," Silas thought to himself. He was moving on to the third piece when he noticed that the violins, basses, and cellos were sounding funny. Not only that, but his wand was feeling lighter and lighter by the wave.

"Ouch," Silas yelped. There was a sharp nip on his finger. He looked up, and saw that a termite was eating his wand. They were in the middle of the third piece, and people all over the symphony were falling off chairs and screaming.

"Termites!" The fateful words that sent all the dancers out of the room. Silas rushed to the "bouncer" and told him to notify the captain before the entire ship was eaten. But in spite of the catastrophe, Silas pulls out a metal baton, and strikes up the musicians who still have instruments.

Black

OOC: BTW, I'm meant to fail so feel free to stop my plans

Meanwhile

----------

Black leaves the bar still thinking he made his own luck, but soon found out different.

Walking along the deck he saw many others running out of the dance floor. Just standing there he looked as they got closer, and closer...and CLOSER! Before he knew it they had trampled over him, he was laying on his back on the ground.

"Ouch!"

TimeRipper

After hearing the news, The guard crashes open a nearby emergency door and reaches in for a...fireextinguisher? The guard makes his way back through the frantic crowd of mages.. After entering the dance floor (which was now empty aside from a few terrified mages rolling around on the floor), the guard pulled the pin and let loose a streeming fireball from the noozle. Walking around, the guard fired a few shots at each corner and door way, trying to prevent the bugs from escapeing into the ship's main hull. This attempt turned out to be futile, though, for the flames only made the ship's rusted side metal even rustier.

Ignoring this fact, the guard continues to fire into the room's walls. What was ood was how each 4th shot seem to miss a wall completely and, instead, would always hit one of the orchastra instruments.

Falcon2001

OOC: Iiiiiii'm Baaaaack! Who's in the bar...someone needs to take cioden over for a while, I got plans for the other two...

IC: Cioden wakes up to orchestra music, likes it, and gets up. When he looked around, he noticed termites were EVERYWHERE! He quickly pulled out a few bug bombs and tossed 'em into the middle of the fray, killing ALL the termites and eliminating a few mages too, on accident. Calling up a whirlwind, he took all the poisonous gasses out, resummoned the orchestra to full glory, and proceeded to walk off to the bar, FULLY intent on getting FULLY drunk.

(Damnit, I'm tired of saying Meanwhile...)

Cioden and Andaria embraced for a few seconds, then drew back.

"Where have you been? The last I heard you were somewhere in Terra, I looked for you, but you were dead!" Andaria cried, hugging him again. Falcon dislodged her from him before responding.

"Well, I toured with the Darkfyre Coalition for a while, then went ahead and took a vacation, I left my forwarding address with Cioden..."

She laughed. "That was stupid, that idiot can't remember his own address." She thought for a second. "Why don't you and the DC make a comeback preformance on the ship? Y'know, a special appearance?" He thought for a second.

"That would be great! Let's go!"

OOC: SOMEONE PLEASE GET CIODEN AS DRUNK AS POSSIBLE! I'd do it, but you are all so much better at it.

**FOR LYRICS TO SONGS THAT WILL BE PLAYING, CHECK THE POETRY BOARD, PAGE 2, SONG LYRICS(YEAH, I KNOW IT'S NOT POETRY)**

Thank you very much!

Black

Joseph got mad at his second loss and started to lose his illusion of Joseph he had on. Before long it was all gone and his true form was seen.

On the deck stood a older looking man with a cat in his hand.(Yes, I know it's real Doctor Evilish, but thats what I'm basing him on.) The man had a white doctor's suit on, and the cat had short hair and was gray.

Doctor Avil, Doctor Evil's long lost brother. Had the same dreams in mind and trained his cat to do a great many things. Though he wasn't a mage...his cat was all he ever used. Not many knew about him though, his brother took all of his glory from him.

Tiax

Kianna, annoyed at Knight now, flying-tackled the offending dominion into the pool.

"I'll give you a clue as to one third of my nature. What's the one creature you can think of that has silver scales, and can cross-breed with any other race?"

With that parting statement, Kianna returned to the bar, and introduced Cioden to the finer points of Baator wine, literally the devil's drink.

TimeRipper

The guard, finally satisfied that he had gotten all of the termites (and violins) contines on his way to reopen the doors to the dance floor. On his way over, he relizes that he must be real careful not to fall into any of the new floor holes below.

Yui Temae

Yui smiles warmly and gestures to Aegon where he stands in the doorway. "This, my friend, is my beloved, Aegon. Love, this is an old friend of both mine and Brute's, Cheyenne."

With a nod, the swordsman steps forward and holds his hand out to Cheye. "It's a pleasure to meet you, my lady. Any friend of Yui's is a friend of mine." Like the true gentleman he is, he bows over her hand, planting a soft kiss on her skin. As he stands straight, again, the soft smile on his face attests to the honesty of that sentiment.

Without wasting a moment, Yui walks up to the two and threads her arm through Aegon's, looking at Cheyenne. "I suggest that we get out of this room... and go have a talk with Wyvern about his 'jokes' and his taste of decor! What do you think, Cheye?"

((For all who are wondering... Aegon wanted to 'play' in this story, but he doesn't have the time to keep up with you all. I'm writing his character with his permission and as accurately as I can.))

Silas

Realizing that his once grand symphony had become a "flute and brass" corp, Silas decides to make the best of it. Using his magic, he reconstructs the dance floor,(with no thanks to the "bouncer") summons his percussion section, and takes a quick detour over to the guard.

"Do you hear that awful snoring?" asked Silas. "Well, I would like you to find the culprit and throw him in the pool. My pet monkey will watch the door in your absence."

After tipping the man well and leaving his monkey at the door, Silas heads back to his "corp."

"All right everyone, lets play "Taps" and get these dancers something nice to move to. String players still living, please try to summon a new instrument. It may take a while, so pace yourself. Ready, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 1, 2, ready, PLAY.

Falcon2001

Falcon walked to the deck, drawing on his power and summoning a large stage, drum kit, and some amps. Turning around, he told the nearest reliable-looking mage(no small task finding one) to guard the supplies, then he went off to find Cioden. When he arrived at the bar, he found Kianna handing a new glass of some evil-looking concotion to Cioden, who was looking rather...inebriated.

"Shure I now how *hic* to call the crowsh!" Cioden slurred, weaving on the barstool, which was magically enchanted to stay under him and was preforming it's job rather well.

"Damnit, Cioden! Can't I leave you alone for a minute without you getting drunk? Sober!" he cried, and cast a spell on the sopping, bleary-eyed idiot in the barstool. In seconds, Cioden was growing feathers, but he was sober. With another spell, Cioden took the feathers off and was yanked away by Falcon.

"C'mon, you gotta summon the DC! We got a gig tonight!" he cried, bringing Cioden back to the deck, where the reliable-looking mage was happily accepting checks for the equipment. Growling deep in his throat, Falcon turned the profiteer into a very explosive toad and threw him overboard, hitting a submerged iceberg/submarine. Resummoning the amps and cables, he turned to Cioden with a grimace.

"Go on, get 'em!"

"Fine, fine!" Cioden mumbled, and waved his hands around in a circle.

Suddenly a dark portal opened up in front of them and three mages popped out. The first was a mage in black jeans and a black overshirt with red trim and white hair. The second was a skeleton in a tattered red robe that still smoldered in places. The third was a demented looking mage in a giant squirrel suit that was hurriedly running around baring his fangs at anyone close. When they saw Cioden and Falcon they relaxed a little.

When they realized they were on another of Wyvern's harebrained parties, they cringed noticeably and looked around for the portal home.

Falcon saw the looks and headed them off by throwing them all song tickers, and telling them to summon their instruments. He himself pulled out his bass(which you all know from earlier) and plugged it in.

Squirrelmaster sat down at the drums and started checking all the drums and effects.

The nether mage, CiodenDeadeye, whipped out his custom-made electric guitar and plugged it in too.

The skeleton, Darkfyre, pulled out another electric similar to Deadeye's and pulled off his pinky for a pick.

They all stared at Cioden, who was searching through his pockets. "Ah-Ha!" he cried, and pulled out a microphone...

OOC: Really people, if you don't like hard rock, then just go somewhere else on the boat. The dance floor is now empty of my evil influence, but you might have to fight the symphony for space.

Silas

"Bouncer, would you mind shutting the door?" Silas screamed. "We are trying to play some REAL music in here."

It then occurred to Silas that the bouncer was not only gone, he was in the Mosh Pit! Infuriated, Silas slammed the door, turned it into a wall, and created a new one at the other side of the room.

"Anyone wishing to go out on deck will have to take a slight detour."

With his pet monkey guarding the new door, Silas picks up his wand.

"Good, we have our Strings back. Let us show those hard rock hooligans how real music is played."

Kifif

Kifif wakes up to find himself flying in the air, he thinks "hmm" and barely touches the water when he rebounds and lands on chair. He thinks "im thirsty" and walks off to the bar. When he gets there, he says to the barkeep, "never mind me i got my own" he pulls out a cup...

Black

While on the deck Dr. Avil came up with a plan. Turning to Mr. Fluffy he yelled at the top of his lunges, for the music was so loud.

Dr-Mr. Fluffy, I got a plan to take over the ship!

Mr-Meow?

Dr-I SAID I GOT A PLAN TO TAKE OVER THE SHIP!

Mr-MEOW?

Finding it too load to hear there they move to a new spot.

TimeRipper

Through the crowd of people, TimeRipper hears a someone yelling about how they can take over the ship. When he turns, however, TR cannot see anyone talking in the direction he heard the voices.

Concerned, TimeRipper tells the guard.

Falcon2001

OOC: wow, we have a mosh pit and we haven't even started ...anyway.

IC: Cioden grabs the mic. "Okay, what do ya guys wanna hear?" he calls, and instantly the air is full of requests.

"Static-X!"

"Weezer!"

"Black Sabbath!"

"Eminem!"

After the last one, there was dead silence. Then everyone turned on the offending mage and ripped him to little pieces, which they fed to the squirrels that now milled around the stage.

"Rage Against the machine!" Cioden smiled. Here was something good...that they knew how to play.

"Okay then, Rage it is! Let's start off with...Freedom!" instantly they were thundering off on the 50-foot high, magically enhanced speakers whilst "Flight of the Valkyries" was starting to blast from the dance hall.

The entire ship groaned under the pressure.

OOC: I like classical! I just play in a rock band...so I play rock. I also play trumpet, thank-you-very-much!

Black

OOC: This plan has some steps to it, so you can stop me at the last step. It's your choice to stop me before, but the last one makes a better story.

Dr. Avil and Mr. Fluffy went to a room and sound proofed the walls. After that, Dr. Avil told Mr. Fluffy the plan.(This is a smart cat!)

"Alright Mr. Fluffy, heres the plan."

Step 1-find the parts and make a real looking mechanical mouse.

Step 2-Find sleeping gas and put it in the mouse.

Step 3-Find the parts and make the mouse remote controlled.

Step 4-Get the mouse passed the captain's guard's.

Step 5-(This is where it would be best to stop me.)Have the mouse put the captain to sleep, and take over his post as his long lost friend, and fellow captain.

"It's a master plan. No one can stop it from happening.(Ofcourse the long plans always fail ) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...sneeze...ha." The Doctor pauses for a moment then continues.

"I'll show my brother Dr. Evil up, first comes the boat, then comes the world!"

Silas

"That's it guys," Silas yells at the top of his lungs. "Speakers and loud screaming are nothing compared to quality orchestrated music."

But inside, Silas was wondering whether or not his band would hold up. Speakers have a longer life than the breath of men. He could also tell that he was losing dancers to the rock-n-roll. In his last ditch effort, he calls for one final number.

"O.K. folks, start up Beethoven's Symphony No. Nine. Ready and play."