The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Afterparty

Wyvern

Dragoneyes

Rappeling guests? Royalty? Wyvern, m'lad, you throw an excellent ball. ...No, I'm not all that impressed. When you serve the god of draconism for ten years and meet with dragons of all sorts, you tend to become jaded quite fast. Excellent folk, dragons: long-lived, but short-tempered usually. If you thought humans were petty, you should deal with folk that live for centuries and remember every bit of it in great detail. Oh, the squabbles I had to settle in Zelorquan's name...

*A veiled woman, green scales, serpents for hair, and a hissing voice, walks over.*"Ansarel, dear, are you boring them with your tales of being a diplomat for Zelorquan? I thought I told you: you keep bragging, we'll get invited to fewer parties..."*She grabs the old man's wrist gently.*

Ah, my wife wants to dance some more. See if the band can play the Blue River Waltz, will you, Wyvern? That's a good lad.

*The old man is led away from the table.*--I was just making conversation. Overheard the poor fellow being talked down to by some fop with a fancy ring, so he keeps saying. Lad didn't understand the proper decorum for a ball in this land. ...Wait, where did I leave my staff?--Lanran! Animate and hang by the buffet!

*The old man's staff, which was leaning on a seat at the table where the old man was, turns a silvery color and stretches its limbs and wings. Then it flies over to the buffet table and sits on the centerpiece, nibbling on it from time to time.*

Ah, there's that waltz...after you, my dear....

--------------------

The Staff of Dracos is just too much!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wyvern

Dungeonmom

Dungeonmom sees Klea across the room and holds up a piece of the chocolet cake hoping to get her attention.

"excuse me, pardon me" she says as she turns sideways moving between one person and then another.

She gets up to Klea and offers her the cake. "Nice party" she says to Klea "you know Ive been hopeing to ask your help in something concerning the new classroom. I understand that you are the keeper of the library?"

If this is so I was wondering if it would be possible for you to pick out some books for the children.?"

Sweetcherrie

With the party going on in full speed, Sweetcherrie decided to do something she normally didn’t do…she poured herself a glass of wine. She was having a jolly good time, and smiled as she saw Wyvern’s nod, and toasted with her glass….which by now was almost empty so she decided to get a top-up.

Dancing along with the music, she tried to locate Troy. The phoenix was probably up to nothing good, but the wine had made it all too easy not to worry too much. More and more people had come in. She suddenly saw a face she was sure to have seen before, but the wine had somehow also made it difficult to remember where this was. She danced over and softly nudged this person.

“Do I know you from somewhere?”

As she heard herself say it, Sweetcherrie realized how silly it must have sounded, and her face turned a scarlet red. Her eyes shut from left to right to see if there would be a way to get out from sight, but GLJordan had already turned around to face her. Sweetcherrie wanted to make herself very small, and put the wineglass down quickly. She was really starting to doubt if it was such a good idea to start the wine, but what was done was done and she stammered a shy hello.

Sweetcherrie

Sweetcherrie giggled, by now she was sure that she didn’t know him since she was sure that she’d remember such chivalry. She bowed her head politely, and gave him a soft smile.

“I’m very well, thank you.”

She was just about to ask how he was doing when the door was thrown open and a small, cloaked figure rushed in. It bounced up and down to avoid getting trampled, and smacked into the leg of an inconveniently nearby and unmoving table. Much to his surprise, he saw a familiar person jumping to the ground, albeit rather clumsily, to avoid falling down.

Any headaches were immediately forgotten…

"Hey, you're here as well? Good to see you, sorry I'm late have fun!"

With those words, the little figure rushed on to the other side of the room…

A blurred flash flurried passed her, and Sweetcherrie could only just see that it was Tom. Her brain took a few moments to react, especially because she was still trying to steady herself from jumping of the table. She grabbed the nearest arm, and by the time she had figured out what she wanted to say back, he had already disappeared again.

She turned her head to see whom she had grabbed to hold on to, and discovered that it wasn’t even an arm that she had grabbed. In her hands she was holding the scaly tail of a dragon, and started wondering if it really had been a good idea to come to this party.

OOC: Written together with Venefyxatu...I love co-writing

Venefyxatu

When he sees that there are some people on the tables, Tom decides that that is where the fun's at. Since being at the same place as the fun is generally a good idea, Tom hops up and down a few times to gain speed and altitude so he can jump up on the table. Once there, he runs up to an empty bowl and pulls out a bag from under his cloak that seems to be much too large to fit under there. Yelling, "I brought the peanuts!" he empties the bag into the bowl, then hops on to another empty bowl where he once more pulls an oversized bag from his cloak. As he opens this one, he starts yelling again but cuts himself short when he sees what's in it.

"I also brought the ... "

Muttering to himself, he drops the bag on the ground. "Laundry? What's that doing here?"

With a shrug, he forgets about it and decides to have some fun. He grabs an attractive carrot from a nearby plate and they start a wild tango, completely out of rhythm with the band.

--------------------

"Insanity is a matter of the mind. I am out of my mind, thus, how can I be insane?"

Tanuchan

Twirling and holding the nice carrot, smiling and nodding while dancing, Tom doesn't pay attention to where his feet take him. At the end of a fast twirl, he steps back and bumps into something pretty soft and not really big.

"Ouch!"

Tom bounces forward and turns, and finds himself face-to-face with a curious tanuki rubbing her nose.

::I'd rather have you not go bouncing on my nose... it's pretty sensitive, you know...::

Tanny smiles at Tom's evident surprise, and sits down after sneezing a couple of times. Her tail swishes around and brings the little bouncy creature closer to her, and she continues before he has chance to start chattering. Winking to him, she turns into her human form - a slim, gray-eyed woman with raven-black hair, sitting right next to him.

"Tanny! What are you doing here? I thought you never left your place! And I thought you only turned into a wolf! This is a nice party, and have you seen the nice people around? And you see, there are also nice vegetables, have I presented you this nice carrot, she dances so well and the music is so nice and and and and....!"

Tom bounces happily up and down, and Tanny quickly changes into her tanuki shape when he comes too close to hitting her nose again. The tanuki blinks and sighs as the little Tom rushes away, still holding the carrot as a dancing partner.

Still shaking her head, Tanny goes back to lurking quietly, observing the party and the people having fun. Distracted by the sight of Troy still enjoying himself on the table, she's just startled by a rather soft touch on her tail. Looking up, she recognizes her friend and nods, quietly changing back to human to talk to him.

"Hi, GLJordan. I had hoped to meet you here also." She smiles, accepting his hand to stand up. "We haven't talked muck lately. How are you? I hope you can forgive me for not attending properly your coronation as Emperor, but I wasn't here at that time."

She picks a small green jewel from a hidden pocket, and offers it to him. "It has strands of nature's own energy woven into its core, and it will glow softly if any nature's creature near you has dangerous intentions. I know it's a very small gift compared to those you've received months ago, but I hope you can accept it from a frequently-absent friend."

Blushing slightly, Tanny turns to see the several people she can recognize. "I've been just lurking here for so long, that I doubt people remember me... and so many new faces, also."

Tanny giggles softly at seeing a small hand looking for more eclairs. "Maybe I should help Martin and just take him some good food? Hobbits are always so hungry... "

GLJordan

"Hi, GLJordan. I had hoped to meet you here also." She smiles, accepting his hand to stand up. "We haven't talked muck lately. How are you? I hope you can forgive me for not attending properly your coronation as Emperor, but I wasn't here at that time."

bows "always a pleasure fair lady. you have been missed. I am relatively well "

She picks a small green jewel from a hidden pocket, and offers it to him. "It has strands of nature's own energy woven into its core, and it will glow softly if any nature's creature near you has dangerous intentions. I know it's a very small gift compared to those you've received months ago, but I hope you can accept it from a frequently-absent friend."

"thank you" Curiosity retrieves the jewel before hiding again "but the gift of your company is always enough" kisses her hand.

Wyvern

Wyvern thanks Klea for the warm greetings and kneels down to shake Ben Bunny's right ear. He grins to the rabbit with a set of razor-sharp teeth, causing Ben to shudder for a brief moment. After directing the rabbit to the carrot cake booth resting on a blanket near the entrance of the room, the large lizard lifts himself to his feet and shakes Klea's hand.

"Thank you very much for the directionsss, Ms. Klea. I-"

Every joint in Wyvern's almost dragonic body seems to stiffen as Dragonlady covers his eyes with her hands. Wyvern turns and bows his head briefly to Dragonlady once she lets go, and bites his scaly lip as she looks him over with questioning eyes. Her phrase lingers in the air as Wyvern hesitates. He twiddles his tail stinger on the ground and avoids eye contact.

"Yes, I did wish to ask you sssomething." Wyvern clears his throat of a few ashes. "You see, I'm almost a dragon, and-"

Wyvern's delicate tone is interrupted by the entrance of Jimu113 and the Browncoats, who raise a loud cheer amongst the partygoers and get quite a few people tabletop dancing.

"Err, that is-" Wyvern fumbles over his words. "See, I was wondering if you'd-"

"Blue River Waltz!" Dragoneye's request catches the lizard's ear, and he signals to the band with a claw. A long silence ensues between Wyvern and Dragonlady as the band begins playing the opening notes of the tune.

"You were wondering if I'd...?" Dragonlady crosses her arms and stares at the lizard with inquisitive eyes. Wyvern jumps to a start and jitters for a moment.

"Yes, wondering if you'd like to dance." Wyvern breaths a sigh of relief as he finally lets the words roll out. "There's a fine spot at the edge of the table over there, and I mussst say I approve of Dragoneye's taste in music. Or, if you'd prefer, we could simply have a few sips of that Great Luminous Jordan drink that everyone's been raving to me about. Apparently, it's the bessst thing since Bloody Marys."

;-)

OOC: this party will soon move out and come to a close, so I just wanted to thank everyone at Kenzerco for their wonderful greetings and creative participation. This party is hosted in honor of Kenzerco by the creative writing site known as the Mighty Pen, and we wanted you to know that we recently added your site to our List of Useful Links for reference. Thanks once again for all the great fun and writing.

dragonlady

"You were wondering if I'd...?" Dragonlady crosses her arms and stares at the lizard with inquisitive eyes. Wyvern jumps to a start and jitters for a moment.

"Yes, wondering if you'd like to dance." Wyvern breaths a sigh of relief as he finally lets the words roll out. "There's a fine spot at the edge of the table over there, and I mussst say I approve of Dragoneye's taste in music. Or, if you'd prefer, we could simply have a few sips of that Great Luminous Jordan drink that everyone's been raving to me about. Apparently, it's the bessst thing since Bloody Marys."

"Why I'd love to!" Dragonlady says kissing the Wyvern on his snout. "I thought you'd never ask." she smiles and grabs her tail and throws it over one arm as if it was a long skirt or train and holds out her hands.

"ROOM!" she calls over her shoulder and patrons hurriedly move tables back from the dance floor so their drinks won't get swept off as the two waltz by.

Sweetcherrie

Sweetcherrie blinks, looks up, and sees that she’s holding Wyvern’s tail. Just when she’s about to let go the almost dragon dances off with Dragonlady, and the sudden movement swipes Sweetcherrie of her feet. She lands on the floor, and moves to pick herself up again when she sees someone is sitting under the table.

“Hello?”

As soon as Martin McFly sees her his mouth stops chewing on the éclair, and drops open.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude….I’ll be on my way now.”

Sweetcherrie scrambles up, and looks around the room to see if Troy is somewhere near. In her mind she calls out to the phoenix that they should be going home soon, and the bird answers her by sending mental images that clearly say that he’s not ready yet. With a sigh Sweetcherrie sets off to find out where the bird is, and what on earth he’s doing that he needs to stay.

In a corner of the room she finally sees the bird, and he’s……flirting?

Troy was shrieking excitedly to what looked like a teddybear, and the teddybear was making animated gestures.

“There you are…”

When Troy sees her he starts projecting all sorts of images in her head, each and every one telling her that he’s having a wonderful time, and that he really doesn’t want to go home yet.

“But we have to go sweetie, it’s time.”

Troy hangs his head, but says goodbye to the teddy, and follows her to the exit. At the door Sweetcherrie looks back and thinks that it really was a wonderful party, and steps through to go home.....or on to the next party of course

Wyvern

Wyvern curves around Dragonlady in one final dance twirl as the music comes to a halt. The tables are picked up at each end by the remaining human servants, and are carried out in the direction that Sweetcherrie has headed. Wyvern makes a swift bow to Dragonlady, then hands her what appears to be a small fork covered in fur.

"A gift for the Knights of the Dinner Table and the Furry Knights to share." Wyvern winks. "A pleassssure to dance with you m'lady, perhaps our paths will cross again at some point."

With that, Wyvern begins to head to the hall exit, only to pause as he passes a statue of one of the human servants in an orc pose. The lizard scratches his chin for a moment, then ties a spare ribbon around the monument and tags it with a note.

To the Sulvanar Clan - a token of appreciation.

The lizard waits until the last of the tables has been moved out of the room, then spreads his scaly arms out and exclaims:

"Thanks once again for the good timesss! Oh, if anyone liked that special drink that got so popular this evening, I believe GL_Jordan has the recipe... Do apologize to him for me, would you?"

With that, Wyvern waves and races out of the exit, which slowly shuts behind him.

Fin~ ^_^

• 4 months later...

Here is the second of the Pen parties hosted on other boards, entitled "The Great Wooden Rooster of Doodle Doo Heights." The event occured from 11/14/05 to 12/13/05 on the RPG.net forums, though it's status as a party is questionable at best due to the lack of other participants. ;-) It's very short, but I thought I'd archive it here with the others.

Wyvmettic

The gigantic rooster flap of the vehicle seemed to eclipse the Sun as it passed down the hilly trails, grinding in a loud roar that could only be attributed to its poorly fabricated claw-marked wheels. The beak of the huge wooden bird jutted majestically from its head frame, reminiscent of a petrified gryphon after a few "rampant growth" incantations. Its studded wooden breastplate was engraved with a jagged and near-illegible 'R,' and its wooden feathers creaking dangerously with every road bump. In front of the Great Rooster, a cloaked figure with a shepherd's staff paced in long strides, his snout tilted towards the ground in the hopes of obscuring his face. Not even the multiple dark layers of cloth were enough to hide the figures tail, however, and the crimson scales and scorpion stinger that dragged behind him were a dead giveaway of his looks. The cloaked figure tilted his head up and sniffed at the air for a moment, then snapped a claw and turned towards the approaching rooster. He let out a soft whistle, then stamped his staff twice on the ground before him. The rooster continued approaching, its grind growing louder and louder. The figure frowned and stamped his staff on the ground again, then twice again, harder. He let out loud piercing whistles as the Great Rooster continued in its path, alerting the attention of Kergillian and Chris M, who happened to be hiking in the area.

"Waaaaiiiiiiiitttttt!" cried the figure, jumping up and down and frantically waving his arms left and right as the rooster grinded closer still. The hood of the figure's cloak flew off, revealing the unmistakable horns and snout of a Wyvern. "Ssssttttttoooooooooooooooopppppppp!!! Yoooouuuu'rrrrre gonnnnnna-"

Kergillian and Chris M both cringed as the overgrown lizard's tail got stuck underneath the wheel. The gigantic rooster continued in it's relentless course, rolling straight over the Wyvern without so much as pausing for his bloodcurdling screams. It experienced a large bump as it passed over the reptilianoid in full, wobbling from side to side as its "great wings" collapsed from its unsturdy structure. Upon reaching a halt, an almost inaudible vinyl recording of a rooster crowing crackled from the beak of the great vehicle, defeathered and shameless in its wooden "glory."

"Errrrk." Wyvern twitched from his flattened position on the ground, and managing to dis-embedden one of his claws from the pavement. He slowly stood up, his face twisted and ugly with bruises, his cloak and scaly hide marked with wheel treads and claw punctures The overgrown lizard wobbled towards Kergillian with uneasy steps, extending a claw and flashing a grin of loose teeth.

"Greetingssss, noble wanderers of the land where RPG is sacred." Wyvern coughed and reached through his pockets, then took out a piece of scrap paper and handed it to Kergillian and Chris M. They observed the illegible handwriting with a frown, barely making out the letters "Tok-" before doodles of money bags obscured any meaning that may have once been there.

"She told me 'bout it." Wyvern remarked, pointing at the paper. He reached into his cloak and pulled out a flattened gift box, then kneeled before the two wanderers and presented them with the package.

"Pleassssssssse accept this cheap-yet-charmingly-novelty-oriented gift."

"Almost Dragonic Brand Doodle Dungeon Sketchy RPG™...?" Chris M shook the box with a frown.

"Ssssstraight from the Doodle Doo Heights!" Wyvern flashed a crooked grin of jagged teeth and a scaly thumbs up. "The only Rooster Playing Game that requires no artistic skills or experience, just lets you doodle away with whatever spare feather you can muster! And there'ssss more."

Wyvern waved a claw to the parked Wooden Rooster just as one of its wheels burst loose...

;-)

Wyvmettic

Wyvern's claw remained motionless in the air as he continued to wait for the scheduled reaction. He failed to notice Kergillian and Chris M as they walked off, and didn't pay attention to the darkening skies as the hours slowly passed by. The overgrown lizard eventually snapped out of position when a cramp began crawling up his shoulderblade, and grumbled to himself as he stared at the Rooster wreck.

"This better be good." Wyvern paused as he neared the ruins of the Wooden Rooster, and gently kicked at a fragment of wing. He waved a bit of dust away, then peered into cockpit beak. "What gives, guys? Ya don't know when to stop, and then when yer supposed to g-"

Wyvern paused and gaped as the dust cleared. An empty cockpit.

"Well." Wyvern tapped his foot on the ground a raised a claw to his chin. "I s'pose that'd explain the crash, and the lack of surprise... Hmmmm, knew I shouldnt've used that Almost Dragonic Brand Parttime Mercenary Job Search Engine™ in hiring. Doesn't have nearly enough horsepower to do the trick!"

Wyvern kicked at the dislodged rear end of the bird vehicle, causing the giant engine to crack open. The mercenaries trapped within hopped off of their parttime workout treadmills and ran off from the area, into the night of the lands of RPG.net. Wyvern watched the pathetic excuses for joggers rush away, then thought for a moment before reaching towards the dirt with a claw. Having finished a sketch of directions, the lizard walked away, stepping over the makeshift map by accident and leaving a footprint in its place.

OOC: This little piece of writing was made in honor of RPG.net, which was recently added to the List of Useful Links at the Mighty Pen. Have a good one, all. ^_^

• 7 months later...

Coming up next in this archive is the third of the parties honoring other boards, entitled "Iron and Wine." This event occured on the wonderful Ironworks forums, and lasted from 3/24/06 to 4/14/06, with additional post-party comments lasting up to this month. Note that my posts in this are under the Wyvmettic pseudonym, as the Wyvern who posts in this party is a female member of the Ironworks site (heehee!). Enjoy.

Wyvmettic

Residents of the Iron Works halls seem to come to a standstill as an unusual clanging and shuffling sound rings through the cooridors. A loud myowl is heard, followed by a distressful screech and several crashing noises. Legolas and Morgeruat jump from their seats as Chiroc dashes through the RPing forum lounge, his claws extended and his fine siamese hair standing on end. The eyes of the two Iron Works members dart towards the hall, only to widen at the sight of the odd figure approaching. "Oz's Tin Man meets a monster truck debris yard" best fits his description. A large metal can with a car muffler attached to it covers the bulky figure's face at an awkward angle, with six holes acting as sockets for his eyes, nostrils, and horns. The figure's chest is covered by what appears to be a piece of flattened metal leftover from a scrapyard Honda Civic, and the metal bowls taped to the figure's feet clang against the floor with every step. The scaly crimson tail that sways from the figure's back comes to a halt as he pauses in the middle of the lounge.

"Greetingssss, Iron Works." The figure's voice echoes from within the confines of his "helmet." Legolas raises a brow as the figure pulls out a garbage can lid and a soup ladel. "I hereby offer you the un-humblest of parties! Come one, come all!"

Wyvmettic begins banging the ladel against the lid in a cacophonous uproar, catching the attention Calaethis Dragonbane in a seperate hall and awakening Illumina Drathiran'ar from her slumber.

"My official name isss Wyvern Q. AlmostDragon, but I see you already have a resident Wyvern, and I didn't want to scare her from joining in on the fun." Wyvmettic reaches behind himself and scoots a case of iron wine flasks in front of Morgeruat's feet. "Help yourselves, this is in honor of you all. I'm gonna need a spot to install a rotating iron dancefloor... By the way, perhapsss one of you could clue me in to whether or not the Iron Works Wyvern is a hottie...?"

;-)

Larry_OHF

As chance would have it, the Modding Mage of Ironworks was nowhere to be seen on this forum, for he had been completely pulled away with no chance of leaving behind one of his avatars to cover his kingdom.

As chance would have it, therefore, there was nobody of power and might who could approach this Wyvmettic fellow and learn of his intent upon the Role-playing forum.

Hailing from the Mighty Pen came he, knowing already members of this community, yet had he come to battle or to socialize with friends? Had he come to seige the land or to offer his services?

As the members that frequent the forum began to log in and wonder at this strange, new sight...the thought was abundantly shared amongst them all...who would be the first to make an attempt at communication with this stranger.

Who would dare?

Calaethis Dragonsbane

*in a staunch anti-rping display of defiance…*

Calaethis Dragonsbane drops in from the heavens to say 'hi'. So... hi! Welcome to IWs! Hope you have a great time and a lot of fun here.

*waves from nearby and vanishes off again*

Wyvmettic

"Hey, wait!" Wyvmettic raises a foil-covered claw to the car muffler adjacent to his snout. "Calaethis, you forgot to take one o' these!"

Wyvmettic raises an iron flask of wine in the air and shakes it a few times, hoping the heavenly figure will extend a hand down to grab a bit of party juice. He stands in this position for several minutes, then tires under the weight of his suit and lowers his arm with a clank.

"Pleasssse don't send us any rain, and thanks for dropping by!"

Wyvern turns to the lounge and shoves the huge sheet of rotating dancefloor metal to the center all by himself. He raises a claw to wipe the sweat from his brow, then curses as he realizes that his brow is covered by his mask. The lizard clanks his way onto the dancefloor, and then begins moving in jerky robotic movements as a pounding techno beat cues up. A titanium orb extends from the ceiling on a string, and begins flashing pale light across the room.

"Parrrtaaaayyy!" Wyvmettic clunks back and forth. "C'mon, I know some o' you Iron Works folks like to work your iron on the dancefloor. Tell Johnny the booze has been provided, somebody get Sever and TAOwolf out here! Check on that Wyvern chick- I need a dance partner before my jointsss get rusty!"

Wyvern

*Fwap* (Wyv appears)

"Chick??" Did some one call me a "chick"?? I haven't been a hatchling since the mid and evil ages!!" ;)

"AH! A DANCE floor!! Much needed that has been and perhaps a few other ammenities which I've always found most desirable."

Winking at the corner, a hot tub filled with champagne appears, Moet Chandon 1975 Brut, of course. Another wink at the ceiling reveals a exquisitely painted mural. Mossy tuffets begin to appear along with faux golden horde tables around the perimeter of the revolving metal dancefloor.

"Ah, almost like home! Hope you don't mind a few additions. I do love to dance! Have any Afro Celt Sound System? Or Deep Forest?"

-

"Alas, I must get back to work. My studio cries for me and my paints need to be put to goodly use! I will return later when I am free to enjoy some music, dancing and champagne!"

*Poofities* (and like that ...... she's gone)

dplax

A party! Just what he had needed! Amidst all of his busyness, Jack had not had the time to simply relax.

He grabbed some of the provided booze, which turned out to be a beer. He popped it open and downed it in two large gulps. His hand wandered towards the crate again, and withdrew another beer.

He glanced at the large flashing ball in the middle of the room. The music changed, playing one of the rare dance music tunes, which Jack liked, and he moved to the middle of the dancefloor. While dancing he carefully protected his beer, not wanting to spill a drop of the precious liquid.

Wyvmettic

Wyvmettic lets out a gleefull cackle as he grabs Wyvern's claw with a clang. The tin lizard creaks as he spins her through a speedy twirl. He clunks after her, then holds her close to his many layers of metal and lets her fall back in a waltz dip. Legolas and dplax shake their heads as they watch the semi-formal dance, noting its complete lack of syncopation with the rhythms of Afro Celt Sound System's "Dhol Dogs."

Wyvmettic twists in a final spin, then notices the fake gold horde tables and comes to a halt. He races towards the tables just as Wyvern poofs out of the room, and skids as he finds the metal pots on his feet thoroughly rusted. The overgrown lizard cries out as he collides into the horde tables, and flails about as he slides across them. He lets out an echoey scream as he careens towards a wall, but finds himself cushioned by the moss that seems to have gathered there.

"Great, now thisss stuff's sure to rust." Wyvern creaks his helmet head in the direction of dplax and raises a metal glove. "Glad to hear you're enjoyin the booze. Feel free to take as many iron wine flasks as you pleassse."

OOC: Thanks for your participation in this thread, and my apologies for taking a bit of time to get to the semi-conclusive post. :-) This party was hosted in honor of the Iron Works forums, as a gift from the Mighty Pen. Your site was recently added to our List of Useful Links, and we wanted to give you a little creative something to show our appreciation for your forums. :-) This will probably be my final post in this thread, but feel free to continue the party if you'd like, and don't forget the free wine!

Larry_OHF

OOC>>>Cyril told me a bit about what was going on here when he was able to catch his breath for a moment in his real-life stresses and we are both sad to see that you just caught the RP forum during a big sleepy spell where most people are preparing for finals or doing other important things away from the www and so we're a bit slow these recent days, sad to say.

We could use some players from the Pen in some of our games around here, if anyone is interested. BTW, our webmaster has a filter system running on sign-ups because of trouble we've had in the past with people signing on for malicious reasons. I am glad to say we've been troll free for a very long time!

IC>>>

Larry had been late in coming to the party as he had been stretched between two personages, namely the Mage who was in off-forum lands battling wits against the Windbringer and Larry Silverfall who was currently blind and trembling in fear inside the tower of Shadow, trying desperately to one day soon ressurrect his lost love...

However, the Moderator known as Larry suddenly remembered...it did not matter that his two identities were tied up and unable to attend the casual festivities because as a moderator he could do what ever he wanted and nobody could tell him no or they'd be creamed into a pie and thrown into the face of their momma.

Therefore, Larry of the no-longer-existing Order of the Holy Flame stepped into the club, looking for something to get into.

This man did not dance, and did not care about the wine. He was rather interested in the band who was rocking. He walked up on-stage and shot the drummer, kicked him off the throne and took over, starting out with an amazing solo which led into the band starting up again with the music they were performing for the dancing and drinking guests.

Sever

The doors of the strange new venue burst open as a fantastically over-dressed Sever slides in with a retro 70s dance move and crashes spectacularly into a pile of iron wine casks. Without missing a beat, a quick shimmy puts him on back on his feet and he grooves the length of the rotating iron dance floor.

"Why is it that i'm always late these parties?"

Salinye

If Senora were not rendered unconcious in the dungeon of the shadow mage's tower, she would undoubtedly have stopped in on the party and stood in a corner (fully cloaked) in silent observation. (Yeah, she's a real party animal.) *grins*

**Hey Wyvie, sorry I saw this late, I was in afkland when this took place. It was nice of you to drop in on us.**

~Salinye

---

Fin~