The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Afterparty

Wyvern

Black

Brain and Jan took their leave of Kifif and went to the secret portal room.

Brain-Now Jan, it's time to go back.

Jan-Never, I want to join the party!

Brain-I'm sure your father would be glad to see your safe. Now come, we'll go together.

Brain opened a portal and Jan and he went through it. When they got to the sub Brain went into shock. He looked over to see that Mary was driving and Masher was acting as the doctor's body guard. Mime was still fixing the engine room and couldn't be seen. The main hall of the sub was still in ruins, but most of the water was gone. Dr. Avil turned to see Brain walking at him with an angry look.

Brain-What did you do to my baby!?! I put a lot of love into this sub, so you must have a good answer...RIGHT?

Brain lost all control of rank and lifted the doctor into the air with one arm.(He had magical strength.)

doctor-Se-se-settle down Brain, it's not as bad as it looks.

Brains face starts to turn red.

Brain-Not as bad as it looks? Your telling me thats your answer?

doctor-Getting a little afraid here...Masher, help me!

Masher picks up Brain and makes him drop Dr. Avil. Brain struggles to get free but can't. He then saw the coin Masher had and grabbed it.

Brain-Masher fetch.

Brain threw the coin and Masher dropped him and went for the coin. Brain turned and ran after Dr. Avil...the doctor tripped.

Brain-Where is the damage the worst?

doctor-The...the...the...the engine room.

Brain then started to walk toward the engine room, his mood getting better.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wyvern

Black

OOC: Hehe, I'll say something about the ropes in this post.

Mary had rope burns from getting loose from the ropes, but the doctor was in his dream world again, and didn't seem to see them.

Brain went down to the engine room to see Mime working on the last of the machinery. He was shocked to see what Mime had done. The last of the repairs complete, the water started to drain out of the sub, and before long was all drained out. Brain thanked Mime for his work and went back to the meeting table to talk to Dr. Avil.

Brain-Dr. Avil, I need to tell you of things that have been happening on the ship. It was taken over by our old friend, and Kifif and I have taken it back from him.

doctor-Really, thats some good work you did Brain, I commend you. By the way, thanks for bringing Jan back to me. I was getting worried about her. We have been talking until you got here. Is Kifif onto you?

Brain-It was my honor to take care of Jan for you. If you mean does he know about my part in this organization, no, I don't believe he does. As for a plan to take the ship, I think I have one. Masher here is a formidable foe in a fight...if not thick headed.

Masher-What you saying about Masher?

Brain-I said your thick headed.

Masher-What thick headed mean?

Brain looked oddly at Masher, then turned to talk to the doctor again, but Dr. Avil interrupted.

doctor-So your saying we let Masher loose to play on the ship? Intersting idea, it's worth a try anyway. Brain, I want you to go back with him, and keep an eye on him for me.

Brain nodded that he would and they were off. Both Masher and Brain went through a portal and come out on the ship. Masher heard music and went to look for it. Brain kept a safe distance to make sure he wasn't seen too close to him.

OOC: Lol, I'm going to have to think here. I'm running out of plots to take over the ship

Black

Brain heard a scream...then a thumping sound...then it left. He had wondered where Masher went to, for he lost sight of him some time ago.

Then the scream came again, and again the thumping. Looking the way he heard it, he saw Masher chasing Wyvern. Brain followed the two as they went thinking, ogres will play.

That marks the end of the lost Archmage Universal Bulletin Board parties that Wyvern threw in the roleplaying forums. Note that "Party on the Tipanic" was sponsored by the Pen is Mightier than the Sword, so we had already begun to transition to these boards at that point. :)

The next parties to be archived in this thread are shorter parties that the Pen has thrown in honor of other boards. The first of these parties is entitled "Dinner for 3,778," and occured from August 3 2005 to August 22 2005 in the Forum Games section of the Kenzerco forums.

Wyvern

A scaly, hooded figure saunters into the General Discussion halls of Kenzerco, evoking a few raised brows and odd glances. Cygnia turns from her Porcupine vs. Dog discussion for a moment to get a better view of the stranger, and edgelett practically drops her $263,850 lightsabre as he enters and approaches. The hooded figure squares his crimson claws for a moment, viewing the hall through a makeshift picture frame slant. He then tosses back his hood, revealing an almost dragonic snout and two horns. Tucked between the large lizard's jagged teeth is a whistle, which he promptly blows.

"Alright, let'sss hit it!"

Tom Russel's "Tonight We Ride" suddenly cues up in the background, startling several people in the crowd. The doors to the General Talk halls burst open, and an enormous table begins getting hauled in at the hands of several strangers. Wyvern shimmies left and right to the music as confetti begins raining from the ceiling. A loud murmer breaks out in the audience as the Kenzerco crowd is coated in colors.

"Don't panic. There's no need to panic!" Wyvern raises his claws with his voice. In the background, the table continues to be carried in, its length astounding. "This is a party to be hosted in honor of Kenzerco. C'mon, let's dance!"

"Somebody call Sheriff dungeonmaster" cries HisDivineShadow, wiping confetti from his eyes. "This table, it'll never-"

"This party has no connection to Skeet." Wyvern bounces up and down, then grabs Rythax by the hand and gives her a single dance twirl. "I repeat: no connection to Skeet."

The table thumps once against Thumper, then reaches the end of its length and is set down in the center of the room. Wyvern strikes a "claws up" to his associates and grins.

"Now, to find three thousand, seven hundred and seventy eight chairs. But firsssssst..."

Wyvern reaches into the pockets of his cloak and pulls out a triangular dinner bell. He proceeds to ring on the bell with one of his claws, and continues to do so until the loud discussions and complaints of the hall lapse into silence.

"Fair people of Kenzerco." Wyvern spreads his scaly arms out wide. "In honor of Kenzerco and its legions of honor, the Knights of the Dinner Table, the Fuzzy Knights, and all the others, we'd like to present you with this humble party. Please, feel free to dance, dine, and dally all you'd like. The only requirement is that dancing is reserved for the table, and dining should occur on the floor."

"With that, Wyvern jumps onto the table top, his tail swinging and narrowly missing the heads of several bystanders. The overgrown lizard begins extending his claw to various Kenzerco folk who might need a hand up.

Rythax

After the twirl, Rythax looks around for Skeet who is sure to be involved. She shrugs and tries to find the dinner line and if the DJ has Pop Goes the World by Men Without Hats.

--------------------

The Journey is the destination.

HMGMA TN-2-00809-02

Everytime you do something for the HMA God makes new dice. Please, think of the Dice.

Please join the Ladies of Hack! PM me for details.

Sweetcherrie

Dozing in a hammock not too far away from here, Sweetcherrie was dreaming away about tropical islands and especially not too much about that customer that was having a fit that morning because something had gone wrong with his account, when she heard the whisper on the wind.

"Party…"

Hearing the word she sits up straight.

"Party? If there’s a party I should be there!"

She hurries to get out of the hammock, and tumbles with a quick turn on the floor, her foot sticking up twisted into the hammock. She wriggled her foot lose, and with a loud thump she landed on the floor. Quickly she scrambled back up, and hurried inside to put on her party clothes. About twenty minutes later she was ready to go, and suddenly realized that she had no idea where this party was.

For a moment she stood still, trying to remember if she’s heard anything about parties today, and then suddenly she slapped herself on her forehead. Of course! It was the party in honour of Kenzerco! She hurried back to the kitchen and grabbed a couple of bags of crisps and a few bottles of fizzy drinks she still had.

Arriving at the door she suddenly heard a loud shriek. Troy, her phoenix stood next to her and looked up with a begging stare in its eyes.

"Now look, this is a party where only boring things will happen, so it seems best to me that you stay here."

She turned around to leave, but the phoenix stuck his head stubbornly between the door when she tried to pull to closed. Sweetcherrie sighed.

"Fine, as long as you don’t set everything on fire."

Twenty minutes later, she reached the party. Troy was still walking close behind her, and in her head she felt him concentrate to not put anything on fire he touched. With a loud scream she jumped into the the General Discussions Hall and.....discovered there was nobody partying here. Some people looked up from their conversations, and with a very red head she looked around. In the corner stood a sign: "This thread has been moved to Forum Games." She frowned slightly, but then shrugged and wandered out to see whether she could find the party, two minutes later she heard a loud scream, and when she looked behind her Troy was gone.

Sweetcherrie walked back, and opened some random doors to see if her phoenix had somehow managed to disturb people. At the third door she opened the party music welcomed her in, and she saw Troy happily hopping around on the table, carefully lighting some candles with his wings. Sweetcherrie grinned, dumped the stuff she had in her arms with the other food on the floor, and joined the dancing people on the table.

jrollins

jrollins saunters in. He looks over the setting.

"Food and drink? I am like so here! Please do not mind my skeletal appearance as a dear friend of mine decided I'd be better

as barbecue sandwiches for the rest of the K&C Boards." He walks over to Wyvern and bows and then to Sweetcherrie and does the

same.

"Welcome to our Community both of you and thank you for this wonderful feast Wyvern. Now if you will excuse me I need to

add some flesh to these bones." jrollins walks over to the table, knocks several food items on the floor and begins

feasting.

--------------------

Ham and Eggs -- A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig! (Bill from Radio from Hell on X96)

DeanTheAdequate

*Dean half sleepily opens a drunken eye and espies the newcomers to the realms*

That, that was actually quite unexpected.

*He summons forth a stagehand to assembel gift baskets*

OK, they'll need these here "I survived/avoided the Kenzerland Wars and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" shirts. A bottle of "Old Ragnerock 73'". A cheese from the briney seas. Used lottery tickets. A couple of my autobiographies, signed by Leonard Nemoy. Some hackmaster coupons. SOme free passes to "THE ARENA MkII". A touch of jurisprudance, and a get out of BAN free card, that expired yesterday.

That oughtta do.

*Dean settles back and looks at his mighty works, then skewers his face into a look of concern.*

And be sure to send them by ground! We're not made of moneies you know. Except for Pfennig Pete! THe man made entirely of olf german coins!

--------------------

Today's Avatar is brought to you by...

"Dean for the Continued Education of Hot Anime/Video Game Hotness"

Today's lovely lady is... Arina!

She's from the video game "WakuWaku 7"

Dragoneyes

*a gnoll woman enters the 3rd Dragon's Inn and goes to the table in the corner. She talks quietly with an old man wearing a two-color blindfold with eyespots on it vaguely resembling reptilian eyes.*

What's that you say, Teensy? A party? Well, they can have a party without us. Tell the missus and the daughters to put on their veils; can't have them petrifying anyone accidentally. Hope the other guests don't do any groping; statues with hands in those positions are so embarrassing...

*At the party a large entourage arrives, consisting of three medusae in veils, a gnoll woman, and three blind men. The gnoll woman takes a deep breath--gags on the stench of the wine, and tries again. This time she doesn't gag.*

"ANNOUNCING THE ARRIVAL OF THE SULVANAR CLAN!"

*The old man with the fancy blindfold carries a dragon-shaped staff. He heads to the buffet.*

Been blind most my life, so I can get around strange places with ease.--Well, being used to being blind AND have other senses heightened by serving a dragon god for a decade. --Phew! Is the food rotten, or are you breathing in my direction?-Oh, you're a troll. Well, I hear that bathing in a river doesn't necessarily kill the fish downstream. Maybe you should give it a try....

*The old man with the fancy blindfold wanders over to the private tables.*

Ah, Wyvern, is it? Nice party...but you should have hired security. Sounds like ruffians over past the empty area.--They're the entertainment?! What, do they charge more not to play?--Just pulling your wing, there, friend. May Zelorquan's fire keep you warm in the winter....

Dean, my boy, they let you in? I was telling Wyvern he needed to hire security...hey, if I can't joke with my friends...Yes, brought the family with me. --Ooo, sorry about that Wyvern. That fading squeal tells me that someone got petrified.--Who removed a veil?..........There's the problem; just can't hire good help these days. Don't worry; I've a potion that will de-stone him. I'll send over a batch later...but it's your fault for hiring orcs as servers.--Oh, human, just acted like an orc. What is it the young people say?...Ah yes: "same difference."

Buffet is good, though; my compliments to the chef. Well, I think I'll go over to the band and see if they know "Sata-light over Silverrod". Always did like that piece; brings back memories of the sata's light invigorating me for another day when I was a boy...I'm old; I'll ramble if I feel like it!--The missus is just being fussy. A good dance will get her good mood back. May Zelorquan's fire keep you warm in the winter...

--------------------

The Staff of Dracos is just too much!

Wyvern

"Why thank you, GLJordan." Wyvern strikes a smug grin in the emperor's direction, then hands him a tiny flaming end of a stick. "Could you hold this for a moment while I sssearch for a lampshade that might make a good hat? Dunno if I can be a torchbearer too long anyhoo, am only here temporarily."

GLJordan cringes as Wyvern places the flame in his hands. He tosses it from one hand to the other for a moment as he tries to avoid the heat, then dumps it into an alcohol-tinged punchbowl sitting on the floor near the table. The punch bursts into flames, thereby attracting Troy along with a number of adventurous party folk to the beverage. The flaming drink is tagged "Great Luminous Jordan" by it's fans, and later becomes a favorite amongst fireeaters.

"Hey, I heard there was a Dragonlady around somewhere, is she-?" Wyvern pauses and grins as the old man greets him. "Pleasedtomeetyou. Security you say? Why nonsssense, those human servents make such good statues, especially when they pose like orcs! I'm glad you enjoy the buffet, we did try so hard to seperate it from the dancefloor."

With that, Wyvern shakes Dragoneye's hand with a firm claw, then hops off of the table and nods to Sweetcherrie. The lizard prances towards the floor at the corner of the room where the Ghost of Vortigen and Klea are dining, his beady eyes ever-watchful for the Dragonlady that is rumored to walk these halls.

GLJordan

one you will be torchbearer until you get 25 posts regardless how long you are here. see the title under your name

second it is consider bad form to do things to other characters and your pitiful flames mean nothing to me

Klea

"Greetings, Wyvern," Klea nods to the newcomer. "I understand you're a little concerned about meeting Dragonlady. Not to worry; she's a very fun-loving, regal Silver Dragon who only gets cross when she doesn't get enough chocolate, or when the Royal Library is in disarray. In fact, she's just declared the neutrality of the Dragonrealms in the current Kenzerland War--we Dragons are a peaceful lot, for the most part."

"Bah!" snorts Ghost of Vortigern.

Klea kicks GoV under the table. "Translated, that means, 'Pleased to meet you, but I don't have anything to do with the factions in Kenzerland. I play HackMaster, write filksongs, and can be very emphatic when I know I'm right.'" Klea grins. "But he's really a very nice Ghost, all the same."

GoV nods emphatically, momentarily causing his King's crown to slip over one ear. "Do I have to wear this thing?" he grumbles.

"Now, Ghost, you know it's only polite to use a gift--and this crown that was gifted to you upon your ascension to King is a most generous gift indeed." Klea remonstrates. "You'll hurt everyone's feelings if you don't wear it. But it looks like it needs to be resized; until then, maybe this will help." Klea pulls a roll of duct tape out of her pocket and duct tapes the crown to Ghost of Vortigern's head.

Then she turns back to Wyvern. "Since you're new to Kenzerland, perhaps I might recommend a few interesting places? There's a place where we like to hold parties; it's called Athena's Tavern & Grill. It's a nifty place, with portals leading to many different places around Kenzerland. Oh, and mind the Hobbits' fort behind the TV screen. Gladius Lucix built it and hasn't decided what to do with it yet. And if you're at all interested in writing, there is a short story competition going on in Iron Pen Stadium. The voting round is happening now, in Iron Pen Ten; the contestants' stories had to include the mystery theme of rubber boots. The stories are excellent, and well worth your time to read."

"Dinna ferget about us, lassie!" a tiny voice pipes up. A small Fuzzy tugs at Klea's pant leg.

Klea smiles. "Wyvern, may I introduce you to Ben Bunny? He's a Fuzzy Knight, who gets into all sorts of adventures with his friends Mossfoot, Violet, and Target. But be careful where you step--he sometimes leaves his d4's lying around and they're very sharp."

dragonlady

Behind the lizard listening to Klea and the Ghost someone puts hands over the lizards eyes.

"Guess who?" the voice asks with a lilt of laughter in it. The hands feel rather smallish and female. Trying to remove them does bring a bit of consternation though. You can't budge them nor throw said person over your shoulder. It's like a ton of rocks, immoveable.

The hands finally move away and a slender lady in sapphire blue gown with silver trim in geometric design comes into your vision range. There is a large crown on her head with pearls and other gemstones. Staring at the Queen makes you dizzy for a moment as you see the form waver back and forth from an ancient silver dragon to that of a human female.

"I heard you were looking for me. Is there something you wish to ask me?"

Dungeonmom

dungeonmom reluctantly and quietly follows Dragonlady in, having to have been coxed to take a break from the classroom preperations.

"wow" she says as she enters and looks around, this is something Ive never seen before.

She quickly bows to her Majesty and wonders off in search of food and drink.

(setting up tables and chairs gives you an appitite.)

DM looks around for Klea...being single minded in her new choosen path there is something Dungeonmom wishes to request of the princess.

Oh! There she is! (she heads off towards Klea with a piece of chocolet cake in both hands.)

Martin_McFly

*distracted by the entrance of the dragons, nobody notices a small hand reach out from under the refreshment table to grab another eclair*

--------------------

"Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound... Nothing comes to mind. Let's go."

-Col. Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1

Jimu113

*The Browncoats make a spectacular entrance, some even rappeling from the skylights on ropes secured to the John Thomas. Jimu113 leads the charge.*

If you're gonna make an entrance, then make an extrordinary entrance. Let's mingle.

--------------------

Hi, my name's Jimu113. I'm Kenzerco's forum rush chairman. Darned glad to meet you.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes into hours? (Gordon Lightfoot, the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald)

Origins in '06