The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf IV: Attack of the Atomic Space Werewolves

Vahktang

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terri knocks at Zach's door, calling him softly and insistently. When he finally opens it, she enters and holds him.

Zach, love... it wasn't your fault. I also voted, and so helped in this.

She holds him close, kissing his forehead softly.

I know you're innocent. And that you just want to protect us all. Don't feel so bad.

I will never doubt you.

After some time, Zach nods sadly, still troubled but feeling better for Terri's unwavering support.

as Albert readies himself for sleep he worries. He worries about Kerri, and will she still want to be his girlfriend in the morning...if they both live. He worries about Terri, one of his few friends, and about Zach, her boyfriend, who he doesn't like much, but, well...*he shrugs* Then there is Timmy to worry about. Will the kid grow up scarred for life because of this? Poor kid. Then, there is everyone else...who does he and doesn't he trust? And, most importantly, when he wakes up in the morning, will he have super powers? Or will he have just started to grow and extra arm out of his butt? :blink: With all the radiation, who knows? :huh:

He tosses and turns in his sleep, having horrible nightmares.... :unsure:

Morris looks concerned at the further extreme proceedings. He stands slowly, but purposefully. Looking to all the military personnel remaining, he asks, "Is there no way to retrieve the poor child? In weather such as this, nevermind a 'spacecraft', I fear for her safety. We had shelter and were nearly flayed alive. She has no such advantage, perhaps for miles."

Terri sighs, observing Zach's troubled sleep and not daring to leave him. She sits on a comfy chair besides the bed, holding his hand and thinking about the days' events... they had been so excited to come, although for different reasons... Timmy, of course, wanted to see the explosion. She was here because she could have time with Zach, who was here for the same reason. Kerri was here because she wouldn't leave her. And maybe because she wouldn't let her have Zach just for herself... although this apparently had been taken care of. Blessed Albert!

Hm... no, not so blessed Albert. Oh, he was a nice guy, a bit too nerdy for her but nice all the same... His only problem was his dislike of Zach. It *was* a real problem. What led to all the trouble that was biting at her love right now. Aw... he had apologized most thoroughly to both her and Zach... but... she had heard some comments... all that talk about radiation... mutants... everybody was near... Timmy also didn't like Zach... he was so jealous, poor baby... those scientists... some sooo creepy... and then... all... who... ... ... .

*sighs*

Her thoughts put her in a dreamy state, and she slips into a somewhat troubled sleep herself, still holding Zach's hand.

Edited by Tanuchan

"What? Are you serious?", Greg was screaming again. "I refuse to do that!"

"It's the only extra room we have and since you showed up unexpected..." the security gaurd explained

"A broom closet? I have to sleep in a broom closet?"

"It's that or outside. Your choice."

"Ugh" he picked up his stuff and stomped off to the small broom closet.

The closet was unbearibly small. Once he got rid of the bucket he had more room, but unless a few walls were knocked out, he might have to get used to sleeping standing up. He needed sleep. The day had been so long. All this talk about mutants, arguing, fighting. First they wouldn't let him stay. Now they won't let him leave. He was missing out an the biggest astrological event in over a decade so he could sleep in a broom closet.

He would try his best to sleep...

Kerri was sitting in a meadow and there were bunny rabbits hopping gently in and out of her lap. She was smiling, petting them happily, and she looked up to see Albert standing behind her, a rabbit in his hand. With his other hand, he reached to her and rested it on her shoulder. She looked at him and knew that she loved him with all her soul. Zach was totally history. He was perfect for Terri, that was true, and he was a good guy, but she didn't know how she had ever loved him. A good thing for her that Terri had stolen him in order that she might discover Albert. This of course did not mean that she had to tell Terri right away that she had been forgiven, she deserved to stew in guilt at least until morning.

All of this perfection was suddenly and violently thrown aside when Kerri looked down at her dream self. Her scream filled the air and dream-Albert began to laugh mockingly.

Her pants did not match her shirt!! She was wearing a nice red top but her pants were YELLOW.

Kerri's sudden emotional distress woke her from her slumber and she threw her covers off to race to Terri and Zach's room. Greg paused on his way to the bathroom and stared at her splendid pink bunny-covered nightie, but she barely noticed.

"Terri!" she cried, stumbling into the room. "I had an awful dream, and I have this terrible feeling now that something bad is going to happen!"

Edit: To redirect Kerri to the right room, oops.

Edited by Katzaniel

Kerri's scream wakes both Terri and Zach in a start, Terri almost falling from the chair and Zach sitting upright, looking completely lost.

Still dizzy from sleep, Terri just holds her sister trying hard to understand what she says between sobs.

Sis, it's okay... c'mon...

*mumbling* rabbits, again....

*pats her back softly*

Terri finally gets awake enough to get Kerri's words.

*sighs*

Oh, sis... your clothes always match... I would tell you they didn't, and so would you... Yeah, yeah, it's terrible... but such thing won't ever happen...

She looks at Zach, who's just looking at them with a very sleepy and puzzled expression.

Edited by Tanuchan

An apology form me is posted over to the Werewolf Q & A.

Now back to the game:

A dreary, rainy morning comes and people gather in the mess hall.

It is announced that the rain is still burning, but less so.

"Going to be bad for the plants life," says Jamia.

"And animals," says Aiden.

"Where's Albert," says Kerri.

A quick look around shows that Albert isn't in the kitchen, mess area, or in the barracks. Dirk glares at the intercom, and Ed goes over to it.

"Albert E. Milhouse, report," comes over the loudspeakers.

After a moment, a reply:

"I'm in equipment room 4 a. Come on over."

Everyone finishes off a bite or two, sips some coffee and quickly gather at the room, finding a mess of equipment in the large hall, including half dozen modified radiation suits. Everybody looks around amazed.

Timmy crawls under a tarp covering a work bench, giggling.

"Two minutes," he says.

"You've been up all night," says Heinrich.

Yes," says Albert. "After Greta left I searched her room. I found her notebooks prominantly displayed, waiting to be found. They are in german, but I studied german and they're very plain and reasonably simple. She left the notes on making her gear that she used to escape. I've been working on making more, like this."

"One minute, forty seconds," says Timmy.

"Should we go? Shouldn't we wait for rescue," says Zach.

"Rescue may not be coming," Tom. "At least not soon."

"What if this rain is world wide," says Greg.

"One minute, thirty seconds," says Timmy.

Heinrich glares at the twins, and Terri goes over to where Timmy is hiding and lifts the tarp.

"Timmy dear, adults are talking," says Terri.

"I know," says Timmy. "I'm just watching this funny clock that counts backwards."

A feared look is shared around the room.

"Get away from there," says Dirk.

Timmy is snatched up and Dirk, Tom, Greg and Albert pull the tarp off the work bench reavealing an assortment of wires, tubes and large bottles.

"Timer," says Albert.

"Detonator," says Greg.

"Chemicals for explosives," says Tom

"A bomb. It will probably take out the whole room," says Dirk.

"How much time left," says Jamia, gathered at the door with the others.

"Just over a minute," says Albert.

"Clear the room. Now," says Dirk.

Everybody begins to exit the room.

"We'll close the secure doors. That will keep the explosion contained. ," says Heinrich, moving out of the room and studying a control panel. "Someone has tampered with this."

Ed looks it over.

"Leads are cut. We'll have to close it manually," says Ed.

Tom quickly opens a small port, closes a switch and the doors close, slowly, ponderously coming to rest with a loud clang.

A quick nose count leaves one missing.

"Albert. Where's Albert," says Kerri, nearly in panic.

Dirk goes to the intercom panel and opens a line.

"Son, son. Come out of there. There's still time."

"No there isn't," says Ed. "Those doors will only open manually. It'll take over a minute to get him out."

"I can defuse this," says Albert. "It's simple electronics. Follow the leads. I'm not losing all this work I've done. I'm not losing our chance to get out of here."

"Albert," says Kerri.

"Son, Greta left it there to kill us," says Dirk.

"That's nonesense," says Albet. "If Greta wanted to kill us she'd have done it much more effieciently then this found object, clap trap, jurry rigged bomb. She wouldn't have left this here. Someone else left this. And Kerri? I-"

There's a muffled boom from the other side of the door, and silence from the intercom.

The wolves have taken their first victim.

It's day phase.

Who set the bomb?

Accuse away. 'Lynching' by Tuesday morning, or when a clear majority is shown, which ever comes first.

More later,

Vahktang

"I loved him! I was just dreaming about him! How could someone possibly set up a trap that could kill someone as great as Albert? He only died because he was trying to help us! Oh no!!"

Kerri was crying and crying, huddled in a corner in her bunny jammies. "I just knew something bad would happen, my dream was a premon-prenom-pre... a fortelling! I dreamed about Albert and it was so terrible..."

Terri holds Kerri, rocking her back and forth while saying, "Kerri, it was so unjust, there's no meaning to his death, I know how bad you must feel. Poor Kerri. Poor Kerri. My poor poor sister." And Zach looks like he wants to help, but doesn't know how. Timmy runs up to his sisters and hugs them both, still eyeing Zach a little warily.

"It's not fair. Someone tried to kill us all, and Albert was only trying to save us... Someone will pay dearly for this." Kerri looks directly at Morris Pavlov, tears still running down her cheek. "Why are you doing this to me?"

OOC: Another vote for Ozymandias - Morris Pavlov

Oops, forgot the scorecard again.

The players are:

Katzaniel as Kerri, the dumb blond

Tanuchan as Terri, Kerri's sister, also dumb, also blond

Degenero Angelus as Zachary Evans, average teenage high school popular kid. Terri's boyfriend, formerly Kerri's boyfriend. Or something like that.

Nave as Timmy, Kerri's & Terri's 6 year old brother

Elwen as Aidan Laran the teen angst punk

Solivagus as the Heinrich cruel and angry security guard

Eyremon as Ed Smith, engineer

Dean the Adequete as Dirk Danger World weary traveler and all around go-getter.

MeThinksUFoolish as Greggor Kinjiru, an astromoner with the big telescope

Jameez as Jamia, schoolmate to Kerri, Terri, and Zachary

Shinkiro as Tom Dashing, American Scientist.

Ozymandias the Elder as Morris Pavlov, creepy actor cameo AND star!

The dead are:

Lady Celes Crusader as the Greta Von Richter German Scientist and baner.

Gnarlitch as Albert E. Milhouse, teenage science nerd, dead hero, first wolf victim.

And we're going to do a 'day' and 'night' phase from now on, each will last several hours game time.

It is now after breakfast, before 9:30 am.

First we'll have a 'lynching', then lunch.Does that work for everyone?

More later,

Vahktang

Edited by Vahktang

(OOC: With Vahktang's benediction, I'm walking bits of Greta's treck (while she's no longer among the suspect, she's not dead... yet))

Meanwhile, in the middle of nowhere, Greta is walking in her extremely long treck, that seems endless to her. In fact, she doesn't know if she would encounter any civilisation alive. In her thoughts, she kept pestering against the fools who decided they were better off without her science. Right now, someone is probably dead and she cant do much about it now.

- Stupid fools. Vy I am giving myself ze trouble into helping zem. At zis pace, I wont reach any civilisation before a veek! I must spare ze food because I am not eager to eat vatever ze excrement catalyser will give to me.

In this suit she manage to create a way to filther her urine, turning it into drinkable water white some sort of contraption will transform her excrement into bars with the nutrients she havent digest earlier. She keeps walking until, giving herself a two and half hours of rest for each twelve hour of walk.

"Such a shame. The boy had so much potential. Reminded me a little of myself when i was that young." Tom Dashing said.

"Yes, the boy did die a hero but he still died unessarily. How come no one noticed that he stayed in the room while we closed the door? Isn't someone here responsible for watching out for these kids? I find it hard to believe he was simply misplaced."

"Now Greg, no need to go pointing fingers already." Tom nodded toward the kids.

"I'm not making any accusations just yet. I'm just saying"

Zach wakes up quickly with the two crying girls in his bedroom. He looks from Terri to Kerri, and back again. He sees Terri looking at him while holding Kerri, practically begging him to help. He thinks for a moment then gets out of bed, not bothering to get more dressed than he is, and walks over to where the two girls are sitting. He wraps his arms around them both and pulls them to him.

"I'm sorry, Kerri. I know you really liked him. We'll get revenge." He says, sure of himself as he always is. As she's crying into his chest he kisses Terri softly over her head, then just holds them both.

OOC: Ozy :)

Edited by Degenero Angelus

Terri strokes softly Kerri's head, not minding even her crying into Zach's arms. She looks at him, glad that he can also help her sister.

Kerri... sis, we will get revenge.

She follows Kerri's gaze, at the actor, and shoots him an almost murderous look

You... you cannot hurt my poor sis like that...

OOC A vote for Morris Pavlov/Ozy

Edited by Tanuchan

Terri sobs softly still in Zach's arms, but finally notices Timmy's angry stares at Zach. She kneels by her baby brother, hugging him tight.

Oh, my baby... *kisses his face softly*

Timmy cries a bit more, hiding into her arms. Then he sniffs, looking at her then up at Zach, who keeps holding Kerri in one arm and resting his other hand on Terri's shoulder.

(Timmy) ...

*Terri dries Timmy's last tears*

I know it's terrible for you... Albert was such a good friend, we all really liked him.

*hugs*

I wish you wouldn't look at Zach like he was to blame. I love him, Timmy... but I do love you, and that won't change. Albert was sorry for that argument, you know that. Wouldn't you at least try not to hate him?

Timmy bites his lips, silent. Terri looks at both Zach and Kerri, and sighs. Still holding Timmy, she stands up and goes back to Zach's arm.

Edited by Tanuchan