The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf IV: Attack of the Atomic Space Werewolves

Vahktang

Just wait a bit, Zach... Kerri, are you sure you are okay now?

The sisters talk quietly for a bit, and when Terri gets Kerri smiling again, she goes back to Zach. They stand there for a while, trying to guess what they're seeing... which is exactly Timmy, with his helmet donned, running to the guard and starting to talk to him excitedly, showing him both Martin and Bubba.

TIMMY!

Aw... Come, love!

Terri grabs Zach's arm, pulling him along her and going to the guard. Kerri follows, grabbing Zach's other arm.

Timmy, this is not for children! And PUT MARTIN AWAY!

Both sisters shout at their brother at the same time, each one picking one of his ears and pushing him towards Zach.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy stumbles into Zach and then shoots a look back at his sisters. Quickly though he turns back to Zach with a smile on his face, as he tries to lift his backpack in front of him.

"Here Zach. You can carry my stuff. Be careful though. My rock collection is in there."

On seeing the girls, Timmy, and ...that other guy <_< arrive, Albert sets his stuff down and goes over to say, "Hi," but then holds off a bit until the crying, bleeding, and tormenting eachother stops for a moment. Then...

Albert Terri, Kerri uh..er..hi...uh...this place is keen huh? Hi Timmy. How's your science homework coming along? We should take a look at that tonite before bed you know. *starts rambling about protrons, neutrons and electrons and how they interact to create nuclear energy....*

The assembled gather in the control room, the forward concrete bunker of the complex.

The tour was impressive, the complex being 9/10 underground, with it's own well and generator, living quarters for scientists and soldiers, assembly areas, infirmery even a computer!

The control room is crowded, smoked glass telescopic periscopes pointing towards the bomb site, instruments for measurements about, each attended by a technician or scientist, a flurry of activity that calms down into intense anticipation when the countdown is started.

A stentorian voice intones the count down:

Then Flash!!!

As the bomb explodes.

Everyone had been warned of what was to occur, flash, sound, rush of debris, then fireball, but what happens next was not on the list.

Earthquake!

The ground rumbles for some time, a few people fall, the thick quartz window of the control room shatters showering some with glass bits.

Then the sound, echoing off the chamber, deafening everyone, the wind blowing dust and dirt into the chamber, it's quickly abandoned as everyone regroups into the corridor.

"What was that," asks Zachary

"Earthquake. 6.0 I think," Albert, resetting his glasses.

"Bad luck to have it happen during a bomb test," said Terri

"Are you kidding. This site is one of the most seismically stable in the country. No earthquakes here," says Ed.

"Then the Q-bomb," wonders Greta. "None of our calculations indicated..."

"It has to be," says Jamia. "No other explanation."

"But the listed yield was no where near enough..." says Heinrich.

"Checking the instruments," says a technician.

More later,

Vahktang

RADIATION?

Both Terri and Kerri look at Albert, alarmed. Timmy listens with a happy grin, seconding Albert's wish for superpowers...

MUTANTS?

Terri turns and throws herself into Zachary's arms, scared. Zach stumbles a bit, having been caught unaware, and reflexively holds Terri. Kerri grabs him, but this time Terri notices her.

Kerri. Let. Him. Go.

With a killing look, Kerri releases Zach's arm but keeps near him.

Terri half-leaves Zach's arms to hold her sister's hand before she hits Albert. She hisses in a low voice...

Kerri! Poor Albert! Give him a chance!

"And let Zach alone," completes her in thoughts, going back to keeping his arms full. Of her, of course.

OOC Edit: mistook the names...

Edited by Tanuchan

:blink: That was...really... :huh:<_<:hmm: *brushes herself off, schooling her features into a less concerned decorum* No big deal. Nope, I was just concerned for you guys. Yep...*sigh*

Excuse me, Ms. Von Richter? I couldn't help noticing that the experiments taking place here seem to be a bit...uncontrolled. Are you sure you should be conducting public tours at this early juncture? I mean, isn't it a little irresponsible of the scientific community to be treating a top secret facility such as this as if it were nothing more than an amusment park?

Ms. Von Richter simply stares :hmm: at the obviously highly inquisitive and intelligent, though also very annoying confrontational girl in black.

"Hey Albert, I think Kerri and Terri are already mutants. Think the ray..ray...ray...ra...radio...oh sh....radio ocean will make them normal?"

Edited by Nave

While Ed runs the damage control team, the figures come back.

"This is impossible," says Greta. "The instruments say that the explosion was greater by three."

"Three times as powerful," says Heinrich.

"Three decimal places," says Ed.

"What's that mean," says Timmy.

One thousand times more powerful than expected," says Albert.

A silence fills the room.

"And I have something else," says Gregor.

They all look at the astronomer.

"A few minutes after the explosion, this camera pointed at the sky shows a bolide, that landed nearby."

"What's that," says Timmy.

"Meteor," says Jamia. "Falling star."

"Oh," says Timmy.

"An explosion, an earthquake _and_ a meteor," asks Heinrich.

"I think they're all related," says Gregor. "I think the explosion launched a rock into low earth orbit."

"The first man propelled object in space," says Greta.

"We got to go see it," says Albert.

The others chime in, and over Heinrich's objections, and the project director's permission, the group and a number of soldiers go to the nearby fall site to look it over.

More later,

Vahktang

Greta is wondering about the whole phenomonon ahead. As she is way too preoccupied by the whole phenomenon.

- Ms. Von Richter, asks again Jamia, I seriously question the...

- Question your governement, interrupts abruptly the German, I am new to zis facility and if it vould had been only of me, no visitors vould had been alloved. I guest zey need ze money from ze tourists.

Greggor walks over Greta and tries to attact her attention again.

- Vat do you vant? Don't you see I am busy trying to figure out vat zis mess is?

Greggor shrugs, noticing that the Greta he knew still have this edgy character of her own. He thinks that he try his chance later, when she'll be less preoccupied. When they arrived at the site Greta wonders at the crater and the object in the middle.

- Zis is interesting.

<with the glee that is usually reserved for 5 year olds at christmas a gentleman in his mid 30's wearing brown pants and a white short sleave button up shirt with a tie loose around his neck just starts jumping up and down screaming>

hahaha :woot: haha it worked!!! my portion of the project worked!AtFirstThePencilPushersWeren'tGoingToAllowTheAddedMechinism

ButTheseResultsGoToShowThemAllThatMyPortionOfTheProjectAllowed

AllThisToHappen.ButIManagedToConviceGeneralArmstrongThatThis

WouldMakeThisProjectAnUnparralleledSuccess!!IMeanWithout

TheCamera'sMonitoringWhatHappenedHowElseWouldWeHave

KnownWhatThisBombDoesToUnoccupiedBuildingsAndStationaryJeeps.

Edited for clarity

Edited by Eyremon

OOC:

<...jumping up and down screaming>

hahaha :woot: ...DoesToUnoccupiedBuildingsAndStationaryJeeps.

Edited for clarity

:blink: Sure glad you did that! ;)

IC: You don't mean that you meant the blast to be so strong...do you??? And Greta here is sidestepping the issue...

*looks around for someone else who could be considered "in charge"* Hmm, no one but us dummies! We're all gonna die, ya know. :hmm:

welllllllll if the blast is strong we can stop all those commies dontcha know. besides with the CamerasThatGeneralArmstrongLetMeInstallWeCanGoAndSend

PicturesToThoseCommieFoolsAndShowThemHowOurBombIsBetterThenTheirBomb

AndTheirBombIsJustPlainStoooopid.OurBombIsBigger,Brighter,HasAMorePowerful

Boom,AndANiceShinyCoverBecauseWeWantThoseCommieFoolsToSeeItComing

BecauseOnceItIsArmedTheirIsNoGoingBack.ThisWillMakeThoseCommieBastards

SorryForKillingAllOurYankieBoysInSiberia. hahahaha

<starting to skip down the hall>

our bomb is bigger

our bomb is bigger

Tommy will have is revenge

because our bomb is bigger