Verb in past tense: walked

3 initials: DPE

Type of animal: fish

Plural noun: cages

Junkfood: MilkyWay CandyBars

Adjective: beautiful

Liquid: Coke

Unit of Time: split second

Name of City: Cowtown (yes, that really was a real town)

Name of River: Muddy River

Location: By the avocado that is refrigerating on the windowsill

Adjective: like the inside of an old trashcan

Plural noun: Silly desert songs

Verb ending in ing: slurping

Adjective: depressive

Type of Family relative: uncle's cousin's baby sibling

Noun: life's shadow

Plural Noun: multiplication tables

Name of street: Pterodactyl Street

Emotion: Purple passion

Verb in past tense: upended

3 initials: PEN

Type of animal: manatee

Plural noun: ventilator

Junkfood: grease-nuggets

Adjective: lacadaisical

Liquid: cooling lava

Looks like fun! Let's give her a whirl.

1) A Unit of Time: Eon

2) Name of a City: Prauge

3) Name of a River: Yangtze

4) A location: the Marenaras Trench

5) Adjective: droopy

6) Plural noun: campers

7) Verb Ending in "ing": mating

8) Adjective: taller

9) Type of Family Relative: third-cousin

10) Noun: fudge

11) Plural Noun: balilaikas

12) Name of a Street: Rockford

13) An emotion: squimishness

14) Verb in past tense: cleaned

15) Three Initials (example: ABB): LIB

16) Type of Animal: Blue Footed Booby

17) Plural Noun: spoons

18) A Junkfood: beef jerky

19) Adjective: swirled

20) A Liquid: bleach

Here are the madlib results, thanks to everyone who participated in this one. The original story segment used for this madlib was from Regel's Revisiting, an excellent story thread in the Assembly Room that has yet to be commented on (and which I'll be sure to comment on in the near future). The original segment read:

It has been quite a number of years since London was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Thames River. It's know as the Forest City because of the number of mature Maples that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those trees have been removed as the city kept expanding.

I was in the east end of my old hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my dad’s grave was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my thoughts anyway. Instead I swung down Quebec Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in fear had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Survived is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of London even though I called it home for many years. The CNR tracks where we used to hunt garder snakes in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's winos living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Cookie factories (which always made you hungry) and of course the Pepsi Cola plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Then, I replaced various words with blanks to form the following:

It has been quite a number of [A Unit of Time] since [Name of a City] was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the [Name of a River]. It's known as the [A location] City because of the number of [Adjective] [Plural Noun] that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those [same plural noun] have been removed as the city kept [Verb ending in “ing”].

I was in the east end of my [Adjective] hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my [Type of Family Relative]’s [Noun] was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my [Plural Noun] anyway. Instead I swung down [Name of a Street] and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in [An emotion] had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. [Verb (past tense)] is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of [same Name of City] even though I called it home for many years. The [Three Initials] tracks where we used to hunt [A Type of Animal (plural)] in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's [Plural Noun] living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare [A Junk Food] factories (which always made you [Adjective]) and of course the [A liquid] plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

-----

After plugging in the results of the participants, the following stories are formed:

Ayshela's Version

It has been quite a number of milliseconds since London was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Tigres River. It's known as Melba's closet of doom City because of the number of shiny mushrooms that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those mushrooms have been removed as the city kept sliding.

I was in the east end of my prickly hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my great-grandfather’s persimmon was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my guitars anyway. Instead I swung down North East Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in glee had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Shot is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of London even though I called it home for many years. The RPC tracks where we used to hunt deer in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's bricks living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Skittles factories (which always made you crinkly) and of course the beer plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Alaeha's Version

It has been the duration of an Almost-Dragonic warranty since Boring (a city in Oregon) was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Euphrates River. It's known as the behind the skeleton in the closet City because of the number of slithy cute widdle bunny wabbites that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those cute widdle bunny wabbites have been removed as the city kept skipping.

I was in the east end of my pert hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my wife-in-law’s mechanical pencil was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried her in my empty two-liter bottles of Coke anyway. Instead I swung down Not Main Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in red hot apathy had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Contracted is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Boring even though I called it home for many years. The WTF tracks where we used to hunt gazelles in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's brown paper bags living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Hostess Twinkie factories (which always made you filthy) and of course the post-dated root beer plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Lady Celes Crusador's Version

It has been quite a number of hourglass durations since Les Boules was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Magog River. It's known as the on the porcelain throne City because of the number of delicious angels that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those delicious angels have been removed as the city kept summoning.

I was in the east end of my delirious hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my uncle’s rabbit was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my chairs anyway. Instead I swung down Ste-Catherine and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in sorrow had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Blew is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Les Boules even though I called it home for many years. The BBM tracks where we used to hunt felines in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's wings living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Poutine factories (which always made you adorable) and of course the expresso coffee plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Lumpenproletariat's Version

It has been quite a number of weeks since Cologne was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Amazon River. It's known as the Athens City because of the number of big drunkards that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those big drunkards have been removed as the city kept drinking.

I was in the east end of my small hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my twice removed second cousin’s pubcrawl was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my bartenders anyway. Instead I swung down Dominion Road and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in fear had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Drunk is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Cologne even though I called it home for many years. The CFC tracks where we used to hunt tasmanian tigers in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's batteries living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Burger Kings' Barbeque Bacon Double Cheeseburger

factories (which always made you tiny) and of course the salt water plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Xaious, Master of Time's Version

It has been quite a number of minutes since Houma was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Mississippi River. It's known as the Bourg Supermarket City because of the number of depressed cats that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those depressed cats have been removed as the city kept licking.

I was in the east end of my happy hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my uncle’s town was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my clocks anyway. Instead I swung down Gresham Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in anger had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Killed is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Houma even though I called it home for many years. The BMP tracks where we used to hunt dragons in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's houses living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Jellybean factories (which always made you smelly) and of course the hot sauce plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Peredhil's Version

It has been quite a number of eons since Albuquerque was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Nile. It's known as the between the ears and 1.5 inches behind the nose City because of the number of pleural Bengal tigers that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those Bengal tigers have been removed as the city kept hopping.

I was in the east end of my geriatric hometown. The urge to drive past and visit the black sheep of my family tree’s butcher was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my mad cows anyway. Instead I swung down Lyre on Fellings Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets copeseticly had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Thudded is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Albuquerque even though I called it home for many years. The EDW tracks where we used to hunt reptiles in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's choo-choos living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Onion Ring factories (which always made you fusty) and of course the mercury plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Zariah's Version

It has been quite a number of nanoseconds since Kilmarnock was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Wacomaca. It's known as the Beach City because of the number of sexy towels that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those towels have been removed as the city kept sun bathing.

I was in the east end of my tan hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my distant cousin’s bikini swimsuit was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my crabs anyway. Instead I swung down Cubit Creek Rd. and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets calmly had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Swam is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Kilmarnock even though I called it home for many years. The FUN tracks where we used to hunt dolphins in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's clouds living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare potato chip factories (which always made you salty) and of course the margaritta plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Savannah's Version

It has been quite a number of years since Little Rock was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Tennessee. It's known as the produce aisle in Kroger's City because of the number of sweet trees that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those trees have been removed as the city kept driving.

I was in the east end of my cool hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my mama’s monkey was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my trucks anyway. Instead I swung down Poplar Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in anger had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Walked is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Little Rock even though I called it home for many years. The DPE tracks where we used to hunt fish in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's cages living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare Milkyway Candybars factories (which always made you beautiful) and of course the Coke plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

Gwaihir's Version

It has been quite a number of split seconds since Cowtown was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Muddy River. It's known as the by the avacado that is refrigerating on the windowsill City because of the number of silly desert songs similar to the insides of old trash cans that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those silly desert songs have been removed as the city kept slurping.

I was in the east end of my depressive hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my uncle's cousin's baby's sibling’s life's shadow was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my multiplication tables anyway. Instead I swung down Pterodactyl Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in purple passion had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Upended is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Cowtown even though I called it home for many years. The PEN tracks where we used to hunt manatees in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's ventilators living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare grease-nuggets factories (which always made you lacadaisical) and of course the cooling lava plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

DeantheAdequate's Version

It has been quite a number of eons since Prauge was my home. A university town and center of commerce nestled in on the forks of the Yangtze River. It's known as the Marenaras Trench City because of the number of droopy campers that lined the streets. Shame is that many of those campers have been removed as the city kept mating.

I was in the east end of my tall hometown. The urge to drive past and visit my third cousin’s fudge was strong but I decided against it. Besides I carried him in my balilaikas anyway. Instead I swung down Rockford Street and soon found myself in familiar haunts.

The kid that used to walk these streets in squeamishness had grown up and moved away but some of this area still lingers in the dark corners of my mind. Cleaned is the only way to describe this part of my life because I never really felt connected to this part of Prauge even though I called it home for many years. The LIB tracks where we used to hunt blue footed boobies in the tall grass, the Western Fairgrounds with it's spoons living in and around the race track, the smells that eminated from the Kellogg’s and Dare beef jerkey factories (which always made you swirled) and of course the bleach plant were we watched the line on hot summer days, these were the landmarks of the east end.

-----

That finishes the responses for this madlib. Now, I encourage other Pen members to form their own Mighty Pen Madlibs and host them in this thread! I'd certainly like to participate in a couple... :)

• 2 months later...

Well... if noone else feels like hosting one, then I guess I'll go ahead and host another Mighty Pen Madlib. :) The same rules as before apply:

1) A Nonsense Word

2) Adjective

3) Plural Noun

4) A Verb ending in "ing"

5) Adjective

6) Plural Noun

7) Verb

8) A Location

9) Name of a Pen Member

10) A style or font of writing.

11) Plural Noun

12) Something Red

13) Something White

14) A Color

15) Adjective

16) A State of Mind

17) A Rank

18) Plural Noun

19) Adverb

20) A Proverb

1) A Nonsense Word: Slartibartfast

2) Adjective: mimsy

3) Plural Noun: liters

4) A Verb ending in "ing": spring (;P)

5) Adjective: shaken

6) Plural Noun: stir sticks

7) Verb: skewer

8) A Location: Under the bed

9) Name of a Pen Member: Salinye

10) A style or font of writing.: Cosmic 2

11) Plural Noun: cows

12) Something Red: A banana! No. Wait. The guy who slipped on the banana!

13) Something White: The Banana! YEAH! The Inside is white!

14) A Color: Cow Color

15) Adjective: Frumious

16) A State of Mind: Maine

17) A Rank: Secretariat, in the third *tips imaginary hat to Skippy*

18) Plural Noun: Elk

19) Adverb: very

20) A Proverb: 21:19 "It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with an angry and a contentious woman."

Mimsy! :P

1) A Nonsense Word - Shkoogle

2) Adjective - droopy

3) Plural Noun - fuzzles

4) A Verb ending in "ing" - yodelling

5) Adjective - fine-tuned

6) Plural Noun - spaghetti noodles

7) Verb - swoop

8) A Location - the tropics of Saskatchewan :D

9) Name of a Pen Member - Yui Chan

10) A style or font of writing - Comic sans

11) Plural Noun - giraffes

12) Something Red - Santa Claus

13) Something White - Easter Bunny

14) A Color - neon fucshia

15) Adjective - jumpy

16) A State of Mind - chaotic evil (if that doesn't fit, chaotic alone is fine)

17) A Rank - Troubadour

18) Plural Noun - moons

19) Adverb - almost

20) A Proverb - what the hey, we'll go with "Yea, though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death..."

Edit: Oh, I've gotten proverbs mixed up with psalms again....

Um...if it's not too late...

20) A Proverb - "Life is not all beer and skittles."

Edited by Katzaniel

1) A Nonsense Word - Spooty

2) Adjective - Geriatric

3) Plural Noun - Elephants

4) A Verb ending in "ing" - Jumping

5) Adjective - Amazing

6) Plural Noun -Grapes

7) Verb - Run

8) A Location - Jupiter

9) Name of a Pen Member - *rolls a die* Big Pointy One

10) A style or font of writing. - Times New Roman, 36 point, underlined, bold, and scored.

11) Plural Noun - More Grapes

12) Something Red - Wine

13) Something White - Snow

14) A Color - Perriwinkle

15) Adjective - Idiotic

16) A State of Mind- Rebelious

17) A Rank - General

18) Plural Noun - Cups

19) Adverb - Superly

20) A Proverb - Man who live in glass house should change in basement

hah! beat me to it, i was just thinking about this the other day.

1) A Nonsense Word - slithy

2) Adjective - shiny

3) Plural Noun - mice

4) A Verb ending in "ing" - sliding

5) Adjective - merry

6) Plural Noun - snails

7) Verb - skitter

8) A Location - the depths of hell

9) Name of a Pen Member - Orlan

10) A style or font of writing. - Haettenshweiler

11) Plural Noun - geese

12) Something Red - tomato

13) Something White - paper

14) A Color - turquoise

15) Adjective - nervous

16) A State of Mind- panicked

17) A Rank - second lieutenant

18) Plural Noun - tulips

19) Adverb - swiftly

20) A Proverb - a bird in the hand is a messy proposition

1) A Nonsense Word: Cryptosautis

2) Adjective: unique

3) Plural Noun: dice

4) A Verb ending in "ing": becoming

5) Adjective: flammable

6) Plural Noun: planes

7) Verb: to make

8) A Location: Church Our Lady of the Seven Pains

9) Name of a Pen Member: Gwaihir

10) A style or font of writing.: Geneva

11) Plural Noun: houses

12) Something Red: tulips

13) Something White: rose

14) A Color: blue

15) Adjective: indescent

16) A State of Mind: numb

17) A Rank: general

18) Plural Noun: lakes

19) Adverb: nicely

20) A Proverb : "He who never committed a sin shall throw the first stone."

1) A Nonsense Word - Abstentatious

2) Adjective - french-cut

3) Plural Noun - singularities

4) A Verb ending in "ing" - tracking

5) Adjective - Greco-Roman

6) Plural Noun - thesi (or whatever the plural of thesis is)

7) Verb - ingest

8) A Location - the stomach

9) Name of a Pen Member - Zool

10) A style or font of writing. - confusing

11) Plural Noun - members

12) Something Red - wine

13) Something White - wine

14) A Color - wine

15) Adjective - whining

16) A State of Mind - denial

17) A Rank - Private First Class

18) Plural Noun - Privates (as in soldiers)

19) Adverb - finally

20) A Proverb - "He who hops highest, hops happiest."

Thanks to everyone who participated in this madlib. The passage that I chose for this creative exercise is from Zadown's story "Flux," and reads:

The Astral opened before him, deep and dark and tempting. He could see the lost paths nearby twisting their way away to other worlds, could smell and taste the faint old traces of the rare travellers who were brave enough to walk near his den. Above the Dreamer shone the blue fire of the runes that marked his treasuries, behind him dozens of portals glowed with red of hellfire, blinding white of heavenly orders and green and blue of material planes. He stood there, silent and in peace, lord of all he saw, eyes the rich blue-green of warm seas. The Dreamer nodded softly to himself.

It is better to walk into the storm than cower and wait for it.

I removed certain words from this segment and replaced them with fill-in-the-blanks, producing:

The [Nonsense Word] opened before him, deep and dark and [Adjective]. He could see the lost [Plural Noun] nearby [Verb, ending in “ing”] their way away to other worlds, could smell and taste the faint [Adjective] traces of the rare [Plural Noun] who were brave enough to [Verb] near his [A Location]. Above [Name of a Pen Member] shone the blue fire of the [A type of writing] that marked his [Plural Noun], behind him dozens of portals glowed with red of [something Red], blinding white of heavenly [something White] and green and [A Color] of material planes. He stood there, [Adjective] and in [A State of Mind], [A Rank] of all he saw, eyes the rich blue-green of [Plural Noun]. [same Name of Pen Member] nodded [Adverb] to himself.

[A Proverb]

----

Finally, when filling in the blanks with the responses of participants, the following passages are formed:

Alaeha's Version

The Slartibartfast opened before her, deep and dark and mimsy. She could see the lost liters nearby spring their way away to other worlds, could smell and taste the faint shaken traces of the rare stir sticks who were brave enough to skewer under her bed. Above Salinye shone the blue fire of the Cosmic2 font that marked her cows, behind her dozens of portals glowed with the red of a banana! No, wait, the red of the guy who slipped on the banana! The blinding white of a heavenly banana! YEAH! The inside is white! And the green and cow color of material planes. She stood there, frumious and in Maine, secretariat (in the third) of all she saw, eyes the rich blue-green of elk. Salinye nodded, very to herself.

21:19 "It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with an angry and a contentious woman."

Katzaniel's Version

The Shkoogle opened before her, deep and dark and droopy. She could see the lost fuzzles nearby yodeling their way away to other worlds, could smell and taste the faint fine-tuned traces of the rare spaghetti noodles who were brave enough to swoop near the tropics of Saskatchewan. Above Yui-chan shone the blue fire of the Comic Sans font that marked her giraffes, behind her dozens of portals glowed with the red of Santa Clause, the blinding white of the heavenly Easter Bunny and green and neon fucshia of material planes. She stood there, jumpy and chaotic evil, a troubadour of all she saw, eyes the rich blue-green of moons. Yui-chan nodded, almost to herself.

"Life is not all beer and skittles."

Editor's note: "very" and "almost" are actually not adverbs, though they seem to fit into the madlibs in this case.

Degenero Angelus' Version

The Spooty opened before him, deep and dark and geriatric. He could see the lost elephants nearby jumping their way away to other worlds, could smell and taste the faint amazing traces of the rare grapes who were brave enough to run near Jupiter. Above the Big Pointy One shone the blue fire of the Times New Roman (36 font, underlined, bold, and scored) that marked more grapes, behind him dozens of portals glowed with red of wine, blinding white of heavenly snow and green and perriwinkle of material planes. He stood there, idiotic and in rebellion, general of all he saw, eyes the rich blue-green of cups. Big Pointy One nodded superly to himself.

Men who live in glass houses should change in the basement.

Ayshela's Version

The slithy opened before him, deep and dark and shiny. He could see the lost mice nearby sliding their way away to other worlds, could smell and taste the faint merry traces of the rare snails who were brave enough to skitter near the depths of Hell. Above Orlan shone the blue fire of the Haettenshweiler that marked his geese, behind him dozens of portals glowed with the red of a tomato, blinding white of heavenly paper and green and turquoise of material planes. He stood there, nervous and in panic, second lieutenant of all he saw, eyes the rich blue-green of tulips. Orlan nodded swiftly to himself.

A bird in the hand is a messy proposition.

Lady Celes Crusador's Version

The Cryptosautis opened before him, deep and dark and unique. He could see the lost dice nearby becoming other worlds, could smell and taste the faint flammable traces of the rare planes who were brave enough to make near the Church of Our Lady of the Seven Pains. Above Gwaihir shone the blue fire of the Geneva font that marked his houses, behind him dozens of portals glowed with red of tulips, blinding white of heavenly roses and green and blue of material planes. He stood there, indecent and numb, general of all he saw, eyes the rich blue-green of lakes. Gwaihir nodded nicely to himself.

"He who never committed a sin shall throw the first stone."

Kasmandre's Version

The Abstentatious opened before him, deep and dark and french-cut. He could see the lost singularities nearby tracking their way away to other worlds, could smell and taste the faint greco-roman traces of the rare theses who were brave enough to ingest near his stomach. Above Zool shone the blue fire of the confusing writing that marked his members, behind him dozens of portals glowed with red of wine, blinding white of heavenly wine and green and wine of material planes. He stood there, whining and in denial, a private first class passenger of all he saw, eyes the rich blue-green of privates (... as in soldiers). Zool nodded to himself, finally.

"He who hops highest, hops happiest."

----

Thus concludes another session of Mighty Pen Madlibs... I now leave the floor open to anyone else who might like to host one, as I'd love to participate in one of these madlibs for a change..

• 2 weeks later...

heh..

Wyvern has done all of them thus far, and would rather like to participate rather than run them.

give me until this weekend to be done wrangling with the appliance repair people and all, and i'll open one up, k?

=)

Hah, fortunately the repairs took less time and wrangling *today* than i thought they might have.

Having graciously received permission from the author of the original story, the next round of Mad Libs are now ready to open:

1. a Pen Member

2. verb (edit: past tense, i'm sorry, i should have specified)

3. colour

4. time of day

5. adverb

6. verb

7. plural noun

8. noun

9. adjective

10. adjective

11. adjective

12. plural noun

13. verb (edit: also past tense)

14. a body part

1. a Pen Member => Degenero Angelus

2. verb => sleep

3. colour => blue

4. time of day => night

5. adverb => slowly

6. verb => read

7. plural noun => glasses

8. noun => door

9. adjective => soft

10. adjective => bright

11. adjective => noisy

12. plural noun => pants

13. verb => travel

14. a body part => cheek

1. a Pen Member Katzaniel

2. verb puke

3. colour technicolor

4. time of day the moment just before the dawn

5. adverb voraciously

6. verb slide

7. plural noun hospitals

8. noun Orlan's peanuts

9. adjective hungry

10. adjective ostrich-like

11. adjective peanut-colored

12. plural noun kittens

13. verb scamper

14. a body part pinkie toe

Wyvern cheers Ayshela for choosing to host a Mighty Pen Madlib, and immediatly sets about scheming a series of responses for the exercise.

1. A Pen Member - the Archive

2. Verb, past tense - violently exploded

3. Colour - the pale white of Brute's bald head

4. Time of Day - the five minute interval between horseback riding time and water polo time.

5. Adverb - inadequately

6. Verb - grease

7. Plural Noun - breakdancing midgets

8. Noun - Belchfire's second cousin

9. Adjective - accordian-sporting

10. Adjective - grotesquely mutilated

11. Adjective - Pepsi Cola endorsed

12. Plural Noun - tonedeaf American Idol participants

13. Verb, past tense - mooned

14. Part of Body - the middle finger

Note: it usually does take a bit of editting to fit the responses into the completed version, but that's all part of the fun of it! :)