The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Life Question #1.

Salinye

I have this book of all these very unique life questions, I thought I would post one here once in a while. If you answer them it's neat because it gives you a chance to think about something you may never have before, and it gives us a small sliver of insight into YOU, and as we all know, YOU are wonderful.

Here is the first question:

If you could have a song written about you, what musician would you want to compose it, who would perform it, and what would it be called?

Jeff Lynne wrote and performed some wonderful songs in the '70s, one of which was called 'One Summer Dream'. I love that title, that mood, that refrain. The trick would be to take all that, and have the Beatles (in their 1967 period, with me there as well, of course) do something with it. Interestingly, Jeff Lynne was heavily influenced by the Beatles, who in turn claim they owe their success entirely to their creative teamwork. I could only imagine that amplifying sinewaves of synergistic creative energy would abound.

In a question of such 'me-ness' though, it could only have a title of 'The Zool song' or some such. ;)

The result would prolly be pretty unpredictable, a distillation of creative immediacy from the germ idea into wherever they were at the moment - but then that's life. :wizzie:

Hmmmmm, I would say written and performed by Daniel Bélanger and it would probbaly be called something like 'The Lost Light'. Picking a song that actually exists I feels reflects me is harder, but the closest I can come is probably The Black Crowes - Sister Luck.

It's already been one. Found this one totally by accident while looking for The Cure on Napster, all those years ago...

Dangerous Toys - Cure the Sane

But if it has to be fictional... hmmm....

Written by Bowie, but performed by Barry White (mayherestinpeace)

And it would probably be called "Broken Minded"

Bowie... well, 'nuff said

White, 'cause I think he's a sexy sexy man with a beautiful voice, in a totally heterosexual way

Don't ask, that was the only one I could think of that didn't involve explosions or chicken/kangaroo crossbreeds

Well, "In the End" and "Easier to Run" (By Linkin Park) are closer than Government Work has ever required... and "My December" is closer yet. But if I have to make one up...

It'd have to be done by Weird Al, parodying Evanescence's "My Immortal". "My own Chortle" or some such.

"I laugh at the world because I fear that if I did not laugh, I would cry." (A misquotation of David Edding's Silk, in the Malloreon)

Maha, if I weren't to write and compose the song myself (which would end in disaster anyways) I'd probably get Tenacious D to do the main bit, then have someone from a more sombre band to depressing little inserts here and there. To top it all off, I'd probably have some sort of dueling guitar action between the guys from Symphony X and Blind Guardian. As for the title, I'd probably call it "The Roads we Travel" or something with 'roads' in it. Heh.

Alaeha, stop stealing my songs! :P

ahh well, i'll share.

"In The End" and "My December" by Linkin Park, and "My Immortal" by Evanescence run close enough as is.

If i had to have someone compose and perform a brand new song - it would probably be composed by Stabbing Westward, performed by Evanescence, and titled "Teetering" or "Throwaway" or some such.

Sorcière: Daniel Bélanger? Although he's an excellent artist I'm surprised that you've mentioned him. ;)

As for me, I'll pick Jean Leloup as writer-composer and interpret the said song. About the title, he could either pick up my first name or call it "La Montréalaise en campagne" (The Montrealer in the countryside)... well, that guy is one crazy artist.

I would probably have my song done by the Non-Prophets (lyrics and vocals by Sage Francis and production by Joey Beats). Sage can write so vividly on any subject that I'm sure he'd do a fantastic job at detailing my life in a witty manner, and Joey Beats always finds music that compliments his poetry very nicely...

The song could be called "Evan-Essence," and could have D.J Abilities scratching the Talib Kweli line "My imagination gives me wings to fly like doves" for the chorus.

I've thought and thought and thought and tried to come up with an answer to this one and have just determined I can't. However, I wanted to let Stick know that I LOVE Tenacious D and that almost gave me an answer! Did you know the guy who plays Satan in their "Tribute" video is the lead singer of Foo Fighters? That guy is hilarious!

Anyway, that was way off topic. Only thing I know is that for composers it would be a toss up between James Horner and John Williams.

My husband says the song "She's Got A Way" by Sting fully embodies how he views me. However, he's in love and sick in the head. No one else would feel that is a Perfect description of me!!! lol Love skews the senses!!!

It has been great reading all these answers!

~Salinye :butterfly: