The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Express yourself!

Sweetcherrie

In dutch we have lots and lots....and lots of sayings and expressions. I don't know that many in english, but still this seemed like a fun game. (and I might get to know a few more this way ;))

Basicly I start with an expression or a saying, and the next person has to use one word out of that and use it in a new expression or saying, and so on. :)

It's raining cats and dogs.

"Guns at dawn," with brand new/used Almost Dragonic Brand Spaghetti-O Westerns,™ the only brand of western where cowboy product placement takes precedence over shoot outs and American indian stereotypes! Choose from a wide variety of exciting titles: "The Good, the Bad, and the Uninsured," "High Noon at the Almost Dragonic Brand Cowpoke Saloon™," "Almost Dragonic Brand Horsehair Greeting Cards™ for the Unforgiven," and "The Magnificent Seven Flavors of Almost Dragonic Brand Bleeding Gum Chewing Tabacco™." Buy any three titles, and get a rusty square spoke for your cowboots absolutely free! Just call 1-900-DESPERADO to order yours today.

Up against a brick wall.

btw - 'Stick to one's guns' means to not back down from something one has said, or a point one has made, in light of opposition.

Maybe we should all include the meanings of these idioms as well... before we all get really confused. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...