The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Announcements

Gwaihir

It was all that late in the evening, but Ayshela figured she'd head up to her Pen-room and write a bit, but then she Gwaihir found her. Well, actually he ran into her and knocked the wind straight out of her.

"Oof..."Ayshela started to say.

"Just who I wanted to find," Gwaihir interupted excitedly.

Ayshela tried to speak again, but Gwaihir didn't notice and went on. "By common opinion, by dessert, by consensus, by the authority of the general populace, by the advice of the multitudes, by the wisdom of those who know, by..."

As he spoke, Gwaihir raised his arms excitedly and filled the air with clouds of pollen. Ayshela began to sneeze heartily. However, when she had finally finished, he was still talking, so she figured she hadn't missed much.

"By the powers vested in myself, by the authority of the general populace....oh wait, I already said that one, by the inspiration of your general good works, by the influence of your hands and the friendliness of yourself, by the general confidence of everyone I proclaim that

Oh wait, I can't proclaim any of it yet--no one else is here. and Ohhh dear, we're late. Let's go down to the garden." The forgetful elf grabbed poor Ayshela's and leapt out right out the window. She didn't even have time to protest before she fell two stories. Gwaihir had done this before, he was an elf and anyway crazy people often have guardian angels--he was utterly unharmed. Ayshela, however, might very well have been, but below her...

Wyvern finally had investors "So, you see the pen is a very safe and wonderful community."

The man nodded, "Yes, I think this is where we want to spend our million. You, Wyvern will in charge of allocating the resources at your direction*weeeooooohhhh splat* someone fell two stories and landed on Wyvern. The relatively invulnerable almost dragon deflated and inflated again momentarily like any cartoon bad guy, he recieved no permenant harm. The investor dwarf blinked as an elf landed on one side of him and an Ayshela landed and squished the wyvern he was speaking to. He turned and ran, never to be seen again.

Ozymandias groaned and wondered yet again why he had ever let that durnded elf become a deputy loremaster. "Ayshela, let's cut this short. Out of the many wonderful people, general member opinion, elder consensus and with the agreement of the previous elder, we would like to ask you to be our next elder.

OOC:Tacklehugs, yays and congrats.

Wyvern fidgets underneath Ayshela, not knowing what hit him. From a distance, the dwarven investor's shouts ring through the air:

"Should've known you were a liar when you said that it never rained people around here! Darn untrustworthy wyverns!"

Wyvern digs his claws into the ground and mourns the loss of another potential mountain of geld. The lizard's crocodile tears gradually come to a halt, however, as he gains a thorough awareness of his position and surroundings. His beady eyes widen into a glued-open state, and his fidgetings suddenly cease.

As Mynx snuggles Ayshela with a tacklehug and the Elders congratulate her left and right, an all-too-familiar almost dragonic voice pips from underneath her skirt:

"Congrats on the promo, Ayshela. Plenty of great views in the Tower, as I'm sure you'll find. Yep, pleeeennnnnty of great views."

;-)

OOC: Nice to have you amongst the Elders, Ayshela.

"Congratulations, and I wish you a happy future eldership"

Sweetcherrie looked what she had written, it looked as if Ayshela just had a baby, and even if she just gained a whole community to take care of, this still didn’t feel right. WIth a big black marker she crossed it out and started over.

“Congratulations and I wish you good luck in the future”

Err…now that felt as if it would be hazardous to be an elder…

Sweetcherrie thought about this for a moment, and thought of what she had read about being an elder. It seemed dangerous sometimes to be one. But if she put it this way, Wyvern might start asking for extra pay, and she was sure that people wouldn't be happy with that. Oh well, she would just have to keep it simple.

“Congratulations Ayshela, we don’t know each other too well yet, but I hope we will get to know each other soon.”

Hmm... a bit formal, but it would do. Sweetcherrie stuck the note to the wall and had taken two steps before she decided that she had forgotten something. She bounced back in and gave Ayshela a big hug before bouncing back out.

Now that was more her style :D

OOC: erm, hmm...nothing to add really :P

*whoooooooosh*

blinking confusedly, and wondering if she'd heard correctly, Ayshela slowly pries herself loose from her somewhat bumpy "landing pad". As she extends a hand to help Wyvern up, the well-wishers begin to gather and it soon becomes clear that despite the cries of departing investors she HAD heard correctly.

Well, then!

Ayshela opens her mouth to say - something? Anything? But for perhaps the first time in her history at the Pen she is publicly rendered completely speechless.

With a broad smile, and warm hugs for all, she eventually kicks her brain back into gear and thanks everyone for their confidence and their good wishes.

And the smile remains solidly in place for at least a week. ;)

Umm... wow. Thank you! I'm honoured, and will do my best to do justice to the position.

Oh.. title.. may I have a few days to think about that?

• 2 weeks later...