The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

You will all forget and hate me

Mynx

Well, I might be insane, but I am finally getting around to doing my Quill Quest...

The basics of the storyline is that a spell is cast on the Pen, changing everyone within and also meddling with their memory.

Short version? No one remembers me, no one likes a talking tiger with weapons, my QQ involves me telling stories and poems and whatnot to remind you all of me and break the spell.

So I'm asking now for volunteers - Preferably Initiates and higher - for me to do my writing on.

I don't know how soon I can start this...I DO have work coming up...but I figure it pays to start planning, right?

So please, anyone interested, post here, or drop me a PM if you have questions.

The shadows in the corner of the Cabaret room swirl and thicken and Mynx and Ayshela turn expecting Yui-chan to step forth. Instead two golden points of light fly down from their concealment in a nearby beam of sunlight and take up residence as eyes revealing Umbra's attention.

A chill whisper tickles the inside of the mind as he speaks...

"I would not forsake thee in the time of thy Quill Quest. Count me in also."

With that the glowing eyes take on the appearance of golden fireflys and they zoom off back to their disguising sunbeam.

~~~

OOC: I'm in as Gryphon or Umbra, or even both. Depends how many volunteers you need. :D

A wizard shuffles in, leaning on his staff as he walks, and listens to the conversation going on.

"A spell that could penetrate the defenses of the Pen and all the magical creatures residing here? Most interesting ... it must be such a simple spell that none of us have thought about defenses against it ... It would be ... interesting to suffer the effects of such a spell."

This sounds like a roleplay that's going to be great fun ... count me in. :D

use any or all of my five (Peredhil, Elrohir, Elladan, Guido, Nuncio). If you don't mind delays, I'm available for consultation by PM.

-P

Follow-up thought -

I really cannot imagine a circumstance that Peredhil would hate you or fear you.

Guido's confidence is boundless in his ability to take care of himself, and he's always had a soft spot for the different or the outsiders.

Nuncio, yeah, you could get fear and wariness from him with no problem - but underneath it all he *is* a trained hitman for the Mob. He did the job but didn't like it.

Elrohir would be protective of others and wary.

Both Guinea Pigs have magic rings that cut them off from using magic or being the target of magic. The hate them, but they are useful for breaking spells or preventing problems of certain types.

Elladan would ignore you unless you actually threatened Peredhil or himself, in which case he would kill you as quickly as he could and let Gyrfalcon decide if you should be resurrected or not.

Don't know if this helps or complicates things.

Thanks for all the support so far!

Yay, I actually have volunteers besides the ones I know in person and can thus torture for their acceptance...

If it helps, or not, I'm intending the write the majority of my Quest myself.

I guess partly it's just because the idea I got is more of a story to tell than anything.

However, there will be one particular section where, if all of you vict-uh...volunteers want to, you can write your personal accounts of what you all go through...

:D

A Raven in aviators flys at high speed into the room, strapped to his back is a small silver box that seems to be emitting a series of beeps and chirps.

The occupants of the room try to avoid a collision with the bird, as he seems to gain speed and begins activelly trying to fly as close to everything as he can all the time talking to himself in a very excited manner.......

"itworksitworksitworksmanthebatshadthenumberofthistechnologyallalong....."

Giggling maniaclly he makes a dive towards Mynx, managing to avoid the swat of her paw and several sweeps of the sythe while flying a very tight circuit of her head, "hey Mynx, count me in, I will make some time if needed, just ask"

As he rises his flight path to the rafters again Mynx yells "What is the thing on your back?"

*A kitten minion appears on the unit and flicks a switch on the small silver box.*

"sonar"

This is the last thing the raven says before hitting the wall he was heading for, falling from the point of impact and landing in a strategically placed bucket of treacle.

:raven:

ooc: Ok, i'm in.

:raven:

A butterfly suddenly shoots out of the dark and lands on Daryl's ear. Hooking it's little toes into his fur, you could tell that it was in for a long ride. Laughing, Gyr shakes his head.

"Guess that means that Annael and the butterflies are in too."

• 2 weeks later...

Wow

Thanks for all the sign ups guys!

I think I've got about all I can take so here's a list of the people who I will involve:

• Ayshela
  • Gryphon/Umbra
  • Gyrfalcon
  • Daryl
  • Venefyxatu
  • Peredhil
  • Tanuchan
  • Horace
  • Yui-chan
  • cryptomancer
  • Zariah
  • YanYanGanaffi
  • Ozymandias the Elder
  • Gwaihir
  • Annael (and butterflies)
  • Wyvern
  • epinephrine
That's not the order I'll write it in...but it's nice to have some clarity, if only for myself...Now I just need to conjure some time and get onto this thing...

Edit: added a name or two to the list

Edited by Mynx

Mynx is about to pin up the final list of applicants when a series of crashing, hissing and sliding is heard in the distance.

Suddenly, a very shiny looking gold tinfoil plastered kitten minion, which in fact looks a lot like a running bag of geld, comes tearing into the room, followed very shortly after by Wyvern.

Making a desperate leap for the kitten as it disappears into Mynx's robe, Wyvern hits the ground and skids to a halt at Mynx's paws.

The Almost Dragon looks up sheepishly as Mynx's expression brightens.

"You want to join my quest? Oh thanks Wyvern!"

"Uh..." Wyvern begane, before sighing softly and shugging. "Sure..."

OOC: because he wouldn't sign up himself...

Edited by Mynx

Just a brief update...

I have decided now that I will write all of my story...so that means there won't exactly be a part for anyone to post their own opinions in sorry.

I will be meddling slightly with some character personalities as the result of the spell will make a lot of you malevolant to me.

However I want it to be known that I have no intention of causng offense and all changes will be fixed by the end of the Quest, and I will be keeping in touch to make sure that I don't do anything downright dumb.

I hope to start writing it soon.

And I hope none of my decisions have caused annoyance.

If they have, please do not hesitate to let me know.

*bows deeply*

Thank you all once again for your help.

Hmm, malevolence. You'll have trouble finding any true malevolence in Horace. Although she's a demon and tries very hard to please Lucifer, she's kind of got this wacky sense that, "Oh, Lucifer wouldn't support that sort of behaviour." Needless to say she's not his most helpful servant, although she does try. Lots of mischief, go ahead, but true malevolence, I hope you can avoid. (Of course, if you simply have to, it's all right. Just trying to give you a better sense of her.)

Waking sheepishly from a slumber on the other side of the world, Epinephrine humbly asks...

Could you tack me ont your list Mynx? this sounds like a lot of fun!

My excuse is the time zones, and slackness, and a strange concoction a drank a few nights ago...

epinephrine

This is it.
I have finished writing my Quill Quest by hand and will spend the next 12-24 hours typing it up and posting it.
The thread is in the Assembly Room - Mynx's Quill Quest
There will be a section at the end where everyone involved and even those who aren't are more than welcome to post a comment in character.
Thank you all so much for your help and support.
And finally, just reminding you all that the entire purpose of the story is that your personalities have been changed - if there is a major discrepancy, pelase let me know, but please keep in mind that you are meant ot be acting different.
Other than that, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Edit: Well...I'm done. I hope you all enjoy.