The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Wyvie's 22! Woop!

Zadown

Happy birthday, Wyvern! I suck at writing these things, so I just gotta say along with the supermegasized happy birthday wishes I'm sending at yer direction, my respect (for what it's worth) for consistent creative birthday thread replies among other things.

Here's hoping the ye olde age of 22 won't slow ye down any! ^_^

Hands Wyvern a shiny 10 geld platinium coin without any strings attached.

Venefyxatu had been picking up things when walking to the Cabaret room to wish Wyvern a happy birthday, and right before he entered the room he wrapped them in paper with some quick and dextrous finger movements.

He doesn't reveal the package to Wyvern until he's right in front of the Almost Dragon who immediately realizes that the shape of it looks quite familiar.

"Happy birthday, Wyvern! If I were a beautiful girl I'd give you a kiss, but I'm sure you'll appreciate me skipping that part."

Handing over the gift with a slight grin on his lips, Venefyxatu continues.

"Say, you kind of left a trail coming here, and I thought you might still have some use for these in one of your schemes. That and there's something extra in between ..."

As the Almost Dragon quickly grabs and opens the present, he finds seven Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Sharp Twinkly Stars and groans a little. He hisses happily, however, when he finds 10 gold coins among them and barely hears Venefyxatu's soft remark.

"I know this is going to cause havoc, but two of them are enchanted to keep returning to you within 12 hours of your spending them ... it's up to you to find out which ones."

OOC : Happy birthday, Wyvern!

Edit : Forgot the all-important !

Edited by Venefyxatu

Sweetcherrie walks in all dressed up in her best suit, and with a suitcase in her hand. She walks to the front of the room, and carefully opens the suitcase. She takes out a neat pile of papers, and clears her throat.

“Thank you for coming all today-“ than looks around to see that all the attention is directed at the Almost Dragon (which is of course logical since it is his birthday).

“Ah well, I’ll skip the professional presentation,” she mumbles, and walks over to Wyvern.

She hugs him, careful not to crease her suit, and hands him the pile of paper.

“I have done some research, and it seems that your target group has shifted slightly. It also turns out that your pricing strategy has been erm…a bit off. Other than that I have taken a look at the international aspect, and it turns out that-“ she stops mid sentence.

“Anyways, this is a marketing report that contains several different strategies to go international with the Almost Dragonic products, if you just follow the guidelines described in here, your market share should increase significantly all around the world.”

OOC: Happy Birthday Wyvern!!!

Sweet! This is what happens when I'm away from a computer for a day?!?

Happy birthday Wyven, hope it's a super cool one for you. :)

Thanks for all the laughs since I joined and here's to hoping that I get to write with you again soonish.

Ayshela slips in almost unnoticed toward the end of the evening - unnoticed, that is, until she tacklehugged Wyv and dropped a happy birthday kiss on his blushing cheek. ;)

Happy birthday, i hope it was wonderful for you!

Gyrfalcon chuckled as Wyvern positively purred at all the positive attention being paid to him for a change. As the crowd around the exulting almost-dragon swirled clear a bit, Gyrfalcon stepped forward and handed Wyvern wrapped gift and a birthday card. "Here you go, Wyv. Happy Birthday, you scheming old almost-lizard, you!' He said with a grin. Wyvern hissed in delight and tore open the present, shredding the wrapping paper with his claws to get at the goodies inside. Within was a small dragon-hide flask labeled "Warning! 'Ole Peculiar inside! Please be Cautious Handling!" What really made the lizard grin was the packing material - gold and silver coins. Not too many, since it was a small box, but still more then the greedy almost-dragon had seen in quite a while.

"Awww, Gyr, you shouldn't have!" Wyvern said as he clutched the box to himself possessively in case Gyrfalcon realized that he really shouldn't have and tried to take it away.

Gyrfalcon just grinned. "Hope you enjoy, Wyv."

Somewhere underneath a large, moblie sack toils a diminutive indigo semi-mage. The sack moves towards the scaled form of Mon-sewer Wyvern, apparently under its own power. Thoughts fly across the big lizard's mind like pop-tarts ejected from an overpowered toaster.

Is it bills? Has the IRS finally caught up with me?

A stripper? Er... mmmm... striiipperrr...

A cake-in-the-box? Wait... that's a sack, not a box.

What could it beeeeeeee?

It is at this point that the sack scoots off to one side with a heavy, metallic thunk and reveals the small, sweaty man beneath.

"Well, it took me quite a while, Wyvie, but I'm finally paying my membership dues! Half a million geld, in small, unmarked coins, just like you asked!"

The assembled Pennites are silent for a moment, the only sound the scritch-scritch of a grasshopper being impaled on the Grim Squeaker's scythe. Shortly after this silence, there is polite snickering.

"*huff* What? Anyway, happy birthday!"

Edited by Finnius

Yui slips in silently, fading free from the shadows over Wyvern's scaled shoulder.

"That looks like it might almost make a dent in what you owe Gyrfalcon for the Conservatory Incident, Wyvie," she remarks, patting his scarlet back with ill-concealed evil glee. "Only a few more million to go!"

Wyvern, torn from his drool-slick contemplation of the massive bag of geld, stiffens spasmodically and turns a wounded look to his blonde friend. "You could've given me at least a few more minutes to enjoy it, you know..." he sniffles, swiping a careful claw across each eye for effect.

In response, the little lady grins. "Maybe so. Regardless, I have a little something for you. I hope you like it..." The box she brings out from behind her back is short and fat, made from wooden slats with packing straw sticking out through a few of the wider gaps. The lid is fastened with a simple bronze latch, and while Wyvern works it open, she adds, "I have a friend who's an alchemist, and when she told me about these, I knew you'd find them useful."

When the latch clicks open and the almost-dragon swings the lid up, he finds ten gleaming vials staring up at him, each stoppered with an engraved cork and filled to the top with a brilliant, emerald liquid. The sheer shinyness is impressive, and Wyv shoots a panicked glance around to make sure Rydia isn't nearby before looking back to Yui-chan.

"What are they?"

"Swiftness Potions," the Huntress answers. "Each drink will grant you about ten seconds of amazing speed to help you evade the bill-collectors and various other sundries you seem to come afoul of on a daily basis. Just make sure you don't drink it more often than about once every five minutes. Too much of it in your system could do very unpleasant things to you..."

As the possible utilities of such a potion spawn dastardly ideas in his reptilian brain, Wyvern smiles brightly and peers at the glimmering vials. That expression is familiar enough to them all that Yui just shakes her head in wry amusement and gives her friend a quick hug. "Enjoy. Happy birthday, Wyvie-kun."

Twenty-two be the years

that have come to completion

in the turning of seasons

and the counting of coin

and the seeking of treasure

which marks out, of course,

the true measure

of time.

Twenty-two be the years

and so twenty-two be the reasons,

for the hymning of greetings

on this festal of

the nearly draconic

living of life.

One be the words,

which though they be many

be all written well.

And two be the office

of receiving initiates

into the Pen.

And third are the sounds,

music I’m told, ;)

which At Any Given Moment,

but especially Fridays

can be heard

by the world.

And as for the others,

we all know the truth

that what matters is geld,

and few sounds so delightful

as the clinking of coin.

Thus here be a sack

with the remainder of reasons,

in new minted gold

augmented slightly

with the penalty fee

for undue lateness

in greeting the Almost a Dragon

who stands now

almost twenty-three.

Wyvern, a very happy belated birthday.

Here's wishing you all the best this coming year.

Shy little Carbone was quietly playing with a discarded ribbon when her mistress, Celes, gives her a box. She then telepathically guided the cat, who pushes the box over to Wyvern. When the feline was at the almost dragon feet, she makes a cute kitten eyes expression and gives a pleading, adorable meow.

- Oooohhh!!! What it is little...

Wyvern stopped his speech as soon as he saw the gift box before the cat. He grabs the gift and shakes it while listening to whats inside. When he heard a muffled cry, he opens the box, letting a sylph in a Marylin Monroe disguise out. The tiny creature flies in front of Wyvern's face and places herself. Then it starts singing in a hypnotic voice.

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear almost dragon

Happy Birthday to you

Then, the little creature invites Wyvern to check in the box. He pulls out a golden ring with silver stripes on it.

- Ooooooo! What a marvelous ring!

- It's more than a ring. It's the Ring of Wondrous Hallucinations. Each time you wear it, you'll be projected in an imaginary world but for no more than one hour a day. Complement of Lady Celes Crusader.

With that, the Sylph winks and dissapear while Carbone jumps on her mistress' arms who watched the whole scene amused.

(OOC: Happy birthday Wyvern and I wish you success with your radio show.)

Wyvern stutters happily as he darts his eyes to each of the generous pennites, already hoarding his gifts of geld by mounting the coins of Zadown, Venefyxatu, Gyrfalcon, and Cyril Darkcloud on top of Finnius' enormous sack. His forked tongue hangs loose as thoughts of the tantalizing sylph cross his mind and cause him to swoon, and he twists his tail hoping that the imaginary world of the Ring of Wondrous Hallucinations contains similar delights. Grinning towards Celes Crusador, the lizard gently rubs the spot where Ayshela had smooched him on his scaly cheek and goes a slightly deeper shade of red, waving to her for a moment before dipping his tongue into a vial of Swiftness Potion. Downing a swig of Ol Peculiar from his new dragon hide flask to chase the bitter aftertaste of the potion, the reptilian Elder proceeds to bounce around the room rapidly, thanking people for their presents, presence, and affection.

"Thanks Sweetcherrie!" The lizard screeches to a halt next to the businesswoman and flips through her informational booklet at lightning speed, also taking a milisecond or two to notice the fine "measurements" of her formal suite. "This is some useful stuff. Do you really think that those Almost Dragonic Brand Cuddly Pet Rocks™ that I tried to trade Mynx will have a better sale value in Japan's kawai doll market?"

"Well-" starts Sweetcherrie only to find that the lizard has already run off in a hyperactive rush, high-fiving Zariah and Happybuddha as he makes his way back to his hoard. Running by Yui, the lizard pauses for a moment and makes a face:

"Hey look Yui, this potion makes my tongue turn neon colors!" Yui smirks at the lizards gargoyle grimace, then goes blank as the lizard downs another lick of the potion, already oblivious to her previous safety statements. "Hold on, waitrighthere, I gotta go announce something."

Wyvern rushes towards the top of his new geld pile, noticing Cyril Darkcloud's poem tacked to the side of it and grinning at the poet's clever words. The lizard circles the phrase "what matters is geld" and crosses out "Friday" while scrawling an illegible "Thursday" on it, continuing his ascent and clearing his throat of leftover ash. The lizard turns to the crowds from the top of his pile, the potion doubledose having an unusual effect on his senses as he declares:

"Your attention, please! *ahem* I wanna thank you all, from the bottom of my little geld-tinged reptilian heart. You all humble a dastardly schemer like myself... if only I had some party favors to hand out to all of you."

Wyvern taps his foot on the ground for a moment and thinks, his beady eyes wandering until he comes across the package that Venefyxatu had so carefully gathered for him. The overgrown stares at the small stack of Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Sharp Ninja Twinkly Stars™, then at the party-favorless pennites, and slowly breaks into a signature grin.

;-)

OOC: Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone. :)

Wyvern~

Happy birthday my favorite hip-hoppin' friend! I'm so glad that you're here at The Pen. You represent a large part of what I consider the heart of The Pen Community and I consider you invaluable. I held off on replying to this thread for a while because I was trying to think of a clever rp birthday greeting, Sal and Wyv have such a fun relationship established. However, in the end, I decided the best I could do is to offer my sincere gratitude to your contribution to The Pen and appreciation for your friendship.

Here's to a year full of wonderful new memories,

~Salinye :fairy: