The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Valentine's Day Celebration

Zariah

Wyvern did the Charleston and the Choo-Choo Train Shuffle. He flung himself into a wild Tango, which quickly turned into a half-coordinated version of the Hucklebuck. This transformed into a Fox Trot as the music picked up, which started to mix with the Continental when it came to a halt. The lizard then burst into an impromptu Tap Dance routine which broke the quiet, almost Breakdancing as several curious eyes turned in his direction.

"Wow, look at Wyvern's dancing" laughed Knight, pointing a gloved finger. "He can't even wait for the next song to-"

"Who's dancing?!" cried Wyvern, continuing in his desperate attempts to evade the pokes of the butterflies surrounding him. The lizard raced around the room in some chaotic solo-waltz, the butterflies never failing to chase him and poke him with their weapons. As he jumped and clung to one of the shakey heart-shaped cut outs on the wall, they began tossing their toothpicks like javelines towards him.

"Haaaalllllllllllp!"

The band stared blankly as the lizard clawed his way up the wall, turning and moving into another number as the cut out began to tear against the lizards weight.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple Shadows gave a quick nod and danced an extra step or two before gliding off of the dance floor and into a less busy part of the room. It was dark in the back corner and groups were spread out at various tables. She found an empty one and sat down.

Her stomach began to churn and suddenly she felt dizzy, she laid her head down on the table, hoping the spell would pass, and drtifted off to sleep draped across the table.

Now that's curious. Purple's just conked out over her little booth. Perhaps I should see if she needs assistance.

With that, Knight rose, still puffing furiously on his pipe, and wandered over to the young woman, and began to run through preliminary first aid.. Unconscious, but breathing..

Miss, are you alright? 'Ello?

Looks like she's out cold...

So Knight did what he did best, and waited- taking a seat near her, but not so near that it would be inappropriate, should she wake up in a startled state... He did not want to perform magic if it weren't necessary, especially considering he wasn't sure if she would want him to.

So sat he did.

Edited by Knight

It was at this laps of music that the idea hit Black. Now seemed to be as good a time as any to present his valentines day gift...seeing as Pilocanci had been no where in sight. Taking a bow, Black pulled out the rose from the inner foldings of his outfit and presented it to Sweetcherrie with no further ado.

Black-"As I said before, M'lady. This rose is known only to the brave as the Namless Rose and is offered only to those of high stature and/or great beauty. Great warriors from both the light and the dark have struggled long and hard to attain even a glimpse of this flower. This rose is my gift to you as your secret valentine."

Zariah smiled as she watched Black's presentation to Sweetcherrie, and decided to refill her cup with punch.

She looked up and saw Wyvern on the wall.

"What the heck is he doing? OH great, not only is he ruining the decorations, he'll cause a scene and maybe get hurt...."

She moved the farthest away from that wall, and waiting in anticipation for the disaster to occur.

Wren steps into the room..... her hair ....welll not looking bouncy and normal but rather flat and striaght and dyed an outrageous shade of red, her dress and shoes the same colour as her hair. She walks over the the punch bowl and pours herself a drink then finds a spot along the back wall to lean and sip her drink.

Edited by WrenWind

Immediately when Black had taken the rose from his pocket, Sweetcherrie started to feel faint again.

The rose its enchanting power swooped over her, and started working immediately. Transfixed she stared at it no longer aware of her surroundings.

"This gift is dangerous." The thought shut trhough her head, but she couldn't resist.

Luckily Wyvern chose this moment to almost knock her over, followed by a swarm of butterflies.

The wings of the butterflies waved away the strong scent of the flower, which gave Sweetcherrie the opportunity to think rationally again.

She quickly looked around for something to put the rose in, so that the dangerously sensual scent would not entrance her again.

Of all people to be doing a sort of hand-stand, Gwaihir wasn't most people's top choice, but that's what he was doing that Valentine's day. You see, there was a suicidal mole down there and he needed to communicate with it. At first he had been just leaning over the hole, but the vibrations gave the mole a headache and when an animal needed him, Gwaihir could do almost anything, even a hand stand.

It would have been a good enough excuse for being late to a Valentine's day ball....if the person hosting it had been anyone but Zariah. He was already ashamed of himself for the way he'd left their date. They'd been having a great conversation too, but ...he'd suddenly realized he was late for the Cabbages and he'd Sworn to be there...a guy couldn't break his word, even for a beautiful girl!

His clothes were torn and dishevelled from his recent gymnastic antics, but today they were neater than usual. They actually matched and had been relatively unruined--He'd been saving them for today.

He ran as fast as an athletic elf in a mad rush and accidentally headbutted a troll who was standing in the doorway of the ball....An arm like a pendulum threw and suddenly there was an elf in the middle of a fruit punch bowl that certainly hadn't had one there before.

The polite hostess hurried up and Gwaihir wasn't thinking at all, certainly not of fruit punch stains when he hugged her and said "So good to see you. I've missed you so much and I lov...I mean hello, I have a gift for Venefyxatu, have you seen him?

Ayshela hurried toward Zariah's ball, shamefully late and hoping for forgiveness. She nearly ran into Zariah, just inside the door, and hugged her tightly babbling apologies and explanations. "I'm so sorry I'm late! I was tracking down my secret valentine gift and it was a bit more complicated than I thought and I completely lost track of even what day it was and I hope I'm not too late..." She was interrupted by Gwaihir's sudden flight into the punchbowl. Hiding a smile, she waited while Zariah greeted Gwaihir and offered to look for Venefyxatu (and hopefully clean some of the punch stains from her dress).

As Zariah went to look for Venefyxatu, Ayshela cleared her throat and said, "Good evening, Gwai. I'm actually very glad to find you here, since I was sure I'd come late enough to have missed you. I have something for you, but it's outside in the courtyard where it won't be damaged. May I 'borrow' you for just a moment, to show you?"

Gwaihir looked a bit perplexed but agreed to follow Ayshela, so she led the way out a side door to the courtyard near her gift. "My gift to you actually comes in parts," she said, handing Gwaihir a picture. "I wanted you to have this so that even when you're in your room, or wherever you choose to hang it, you can have a bit of the outdoors indoors with you." Stepping around a large shrub, she led Gwaihir to a space - and plant pot - beyond. "And this is for you. It's a bit unusual, since most roses of multiple colours are darker in the center and lighter at the petal tips. This one, though, is a beautiful deep red at the tips and snowy white in the center. I wanted you to have this, because every time I've seen one it's reminded me of you."

Gwaihir blushed slightly and thanked Ayshela as he bent to read the attached card, which read:

The gentle hand which guides and guards

the growth of leaf and stem

providing all the flowers need

to blossom once again

keeps gentle heart and watchful eye

upon we lucky few

that each in our appointed time

may grow and blossom too

With a soft smile, Ayshela left Gwaihir conversing with the roses and went first to tell Zariah (and possibly Venefyxatu) where Gwai was, and secondly to try to find Tanuchan who was rumoured to be looking for her.

Tzimfemme continued her dialogue with Zariah internally--and sometimes they will even fling themselves at you! (Although, given that velocity, Tzimfemme was more inclined to suspect outside flinging, possibly from Ogg and Yog's latest catapult.) She eased herself off of the chair and sauntered into the crowd, holding up her head with pride despite her hair tumbling heavily down her back. Remembering Pilocanci, she backtracked to the hologram who was watching Zariah with a perplexed expression. "Hey Hawk," she began, reeling him in.

"Pilocanci--"

"Whatever," she said, laying a Mel Brooks accent on the word. "I'm feelin' nostalgic, and better you than the last feeling. At least I could light a match off of your ass. I think. Is that a hard light hologram?" She touched his shoulder tentatively and felt the solid hologram. "Oh, nice. We hadn't worked out the practical application of the theory yet--" and their talk shifted to particle wave theory of magic, with formulas so odd and complex they curdled milk for a fifty yard radius. . .

As soon as Wyvern swooped in, Black felt a taping upon his right shoulder. Black turned to see a tear in space and time...with the little hobbit leaning upon the tear as if he had control over it.

Hobbit-"Hey Mac...I almost forgot to tell you...place the flower within this flask." Opening the almost tube like flask, Black placed the Namless Rose within...whence it immediatly began to float within mid-air and sparkle with a grand aray of colors. Turning back the Hobbit's way...Black spoke.

Black-"But I thought information didn't come cheap in Hanna?"

Hobbit-"It doesn't, Mac!" Jingling Black's pouch of gold...the hobbit gave a smile as Death laughed.

Black-"You'd better believe I'm coming for that!"

Hobbit-"Oh, I'm counting on it!" Vanishing within the tear, the little man zipped the fold up and closed it for all time. Black only smiled as this took place...if Hanna was that much fun the first time through...he would have twice the fun the second. It was about this time that Sweetcherrie had almost gotten back to her feet from almost falling by the almost dragon and once again resumed their little scene.

Covered in punch, Zariah, a bit confused and dizzy, decided to find Venefyxatu after she slipped back to her room for another outfit.

She was near tears, when she saw Ayshela and welcomed her to the Ball. Looking toward the door, she was in a dilemma. Should she run to her room or find Venefyxatu first?

Wandering by to say "hi" to a number of recent arrivals, Peredhil notes Zariah's dismay and disarray and contemplates his hostess' survival. With a nod and a chant her dress will decant all of its jucy stains so that when he is done she's ready for fun, for Zariah and dress still remain.

Wandering further he detours 'round Tzimfemme for such complexity makes his head spin, seeing Wren Wind he smiles within and complements her on her look.

Back in the nook they watch the chaos that happens when Wyvern has fun, quietly conversing without rehearsing of all that the Lizard has done.

"My dress is saved! I wonder who did this?" Zariah looked up and saw Peredhil head toward Tzimfemme, and she instantly knew. "Of course, he's so sweet! Well now I can find Venefyxatu for Gwai. Speaking of which, where is he?" She looked around the room to hopefully spot either of them.

When Zariah saw the door to the garden slightly ajar, she vaguely remembered seeing Venefyxatu and Tanuchan heading out there. She quickly went outside, relishing the cool air, and could hear their conversation continuing while they were both looking around, as if searching for someone. They were walking quite slowly, due to the necromancer's short breath, so Zariah easily caught up with them.

"Tanuchan, I saw Ayshela inside - I believe you were looking for her? And Venefyxatu, you should come back as well."

At his surprised look, she added with a grin that spoke of hidden fun, "You'll see."

Pleased that she found both of them at once, Zariah accompanied them back to the Cabaret room.

"Zariah." The name sounds a bit strange spoken in the necromancer's soft voice. "You did a wonderful job at organizing the ball - thank you."

Zariah slightly blushed, and made a cute curtsey. She followed behind them inside. Suddenly, she felt claws on her shoulder. It was Wanderer.

In crow tongue, they spoke.

"What is it Wanderer?"

"Something has happened in the forest, it's urgent that you must see!"

"But...but...I have a Ball to host, will this be long?"

"No, not too long, maybe 10 minutes at the most. Hurry, let's go"

Zariah decided that this was an appropriate time to try out her newly discovered form. She closed her eyes, and chanted in Crow:

"Mother Wing, and Father Flight,

I was born upon the chosen night.

To change my form from foot to wing,

To you, your hopes, I bring.

Please grant me transformation now,

For I have taken the Kantola vow."

As she finished the final words, she began her transformation. Her body began to shrink, and she felt soft feathers at her sides. She saw new colors, and her senses were heightened. She took flight, and joined Wanderer in the sky.

"Wow! Zariah, I've not seen your transformation before! You are beautiful!"

"Well, uh, thanks. This IS the second time I've ever done it. Now, tell me where we are going, and why?"

"You would not believe this, but Fiery has just had her babies!”

“Oh that’s WONDERFUL! Shall we all be chanting the ceremonial birth ritual?”

“Exactly, and she wants YOU to lead. So I had to fetch you.”

They arrived at the nest, and Zariah saw both clans present. She changed her form back, and the Crows were very surprised. They had never seen her transformation. She smiled, and headed to the tree to climb up to Fiery and her babies. She spoke to everyone.

“Let the naming ceremony begin. Will the Father come forward?”

Bright Eyes came forward and perched on Zariah’s shoulder.

The ceremony ended about fifteen minutes later, and the three baby crows were named.

The two males were called Flit and the other Fervor. The female was named Downy.

“I’m so sorry to leave you all right now, but I have a Ball to host, I hope you understand.”

The crows all bowed their heads, and Zariah changed into her crow form and flew as fast as she could back to the Conservatory. Hiding behind a tree, she changed back into human form and brushed herself off. She wondered how much excitement she had missed.

Sweetcherrie picked herself up from the ground, and while Wyvern was dancing on, she finally could admire the rose in all its glory. It was gorgeous. It was floating in the middle of the flask, which in itself was beautifull.

She looked up at Black, and threw herself around his neck.

“Thank you , thank you, thank you, that is so beautiful.”

Black stumbled a clumsy, “yy..our welcome,” flashed red, and out of surprise he almost dropped the precious flask.

Sweetcherrie stood back, and regarded the Lord of Death with a surprised, but delighted look.

“I have never seen you blush before,” she said giggly.

Black seemed to turn an even darker shade of red.

Gwaihir paused for the moment and looked around the room-he needed some advice. He was looking for someone who he knew well enough, but then he saw Venefyxatu.

Even better, now he could give his gift and forget about that uncomfortable topic for a bit.

"Umm Vene...I can't pronounce your name, but"

Here he trailed off, but fortunately Venefyxatu saw the elf approaching him and knew who was meant. "Don't worry about it. Many people have trouble with my name" he said with a small smile.

Gwaihir nodded, "Well, I don't know the fancy way to introduce this, but I brought something for you." Out of his pocket he pulled a common flower.

Venefyxatu blinked. "You brought me a dandelion?"

Gwaihir petted the flower. "Yes, you'll enjoy its conversation, never fear. Just because these are all over the place doesn't mean they're uninteresting." Here it occurred to him to glance at the man he was talking to, Venefyxatu looked a bit puzzled to say the least. "At least you're not annoyed, well let me start over. I have enchanted this dandelion, so that it will live in an eternal stasis. Whenever you put it in water, it will come awake and can converse with you in your mind even in English if you touch it. Don't touch it's flower of course, that's a rather personal thign to do and it doesn't know you that well. Also, if you feed your worries into the water beforehand, then the flower will be able to advise you about related dangers. Does that make more sense? Oh, I am so bad at this!

And, I had another question for you. You always seem so smooth and not-clumsy, so ...umm...is Zariah mad at me? Anything I can do? I think she looked a bit upset just now and I never seem to do things right."

The necromancer had seen few looks as earnest and confused as the one that stared down at him from this green magician.

Zariah flies lower as she approaches the Conservatory enjoying the cool night air. The moon is low in the sky, it's face shining with a bright amber view. The Naming Ceremony had given her a sense of honor. Her mind had drifted to the point of almost not hearing the internal hum of thrust rotors as three aircraft; two in dark black and one in red. They had two pairs of wings on both the front and rear of the vehicles. The ends of the wings terminated into a circle-like structure with a rotor in it. Quickly, they touched down infront of the Conservatory. Zariah lands in a nearby tree as three squads of Canine warriors, two squads of Sharpein commandoes and one squad of large wolf-like creatures standing roughly five foot tall, all armored and armed with high tech rifles. The doors of the red aircraft open. From inside step Yan Yan and Boslio Ganaffi in their traditional armor followed by several three foot tall, fully armored Sharpein assualt troops. They make their way for the door of the conservatory.

The ball is progressing nicely for everyone but Pilocanci, it seems. His date was being wowed my Black, his dance with Zariah interrupted, and he was getting slightly annoyed by it all. The conversation with Tzimfemme was a definate improvement to his evening. He had explained that utilizing a short perimeter force field to add 'substance' to the visual effect is what created the solid hologram. He found it very interesting to know that Tzimfemme had a bit of a flair for nano-biology, giving him an idea for improving the life of nano-medical droids by utilizing the body's own electro-magnetic field to power it, which would cut down on the number of injections of the nano-machines to a patient.

The door opened and a team of Sharpein assualt troops entered and quickly secured the area. Yan Yan and Boslio, two of the six Pennites enlisted into the Sharpein Officer Corps, walked over to Pilocanci and Tzimfemme. Exchanging salutes, Boslio explains the situation. Civil War has spilled over into the land's border. A raiding party of wolf riders commanded by a dark wizard had destroyed a village and was now holding the citizens hostage. Gasps were heard from the crowd as the news was relayed. Pilocanci excused himself before leaving for the assualt transports.

Black turned as the soldiers entered the room...as did most of the crowd...it wasn't every day that something like happened. Wait...yes...it was every day that something like this happened...atleast to Black. He wasn't call the Warlord of Death for nothing. This being the case the army interested him very little as he turned back to Sweetcherrie and found himself at a loss for words. What was he thinking...he could face down massive armies with the greatest of ease, but he can't think of something to say? Death was a hopeless romantic indeed.

Black-"I'm sorry M'lady...but I find that I'm at a loss for words." Black knew that he was sinking fast and that he would have to pick things up if he was to come out of this with his usual pride. Unfortunately, Death had always held a weakness for the ladies and this would be his prides down fall.

Black" I..." It was at this point that he prayed to Death for something to happen...something to save him from the acquiredness of this moment and return him to his usual self. His God letting him down...he gave the floor back to Sweetcherrie in hopes of saving some dignity.

Zariah slowly approaches Pilocanci and bows her head in respect.

"Um, I'm so sorry that our dance was interrupted. I overheard that there is a civil war that's possibly approaching our land? If you'd like, since I am able to transform into a crow, you could use me as a spy? I don’t know if your air ships are invisible, but I blend in...."

Zariah stands with patience to hear Pilocanci's response.

Pilocanci turns to Zariah,"If you wish. However, in order to get to our staging area, I ask that you fly there in humaniod form which would be much faster and less of a strain on you. I would love to have someone on the ground as a scout incase our satillites can not pin point the enemy." With that, Pilocanci begins walking with Yan Yan, Boslio, and now Zariah to the red transport.

Zariah halted for one moment. Then she said to Pilocanci, Boslio, and Yan Yan, "I'm the hostess here, I almost forgot. And...er...well...I think it would be rude to leave everyone. I was so excited that I forgot my responsibilities. You go on ahead and when the Ball is over, I'll try to find you, if I can."

She turned to the crowd and made an announcement. "Thank you everyone for attending this Ball. We have food and a dance floor and music that seems to change every one in a while. I hope everyone has a wonderful time, and thanks again!"

Blushing, she turned once more to Pilocanci and apologized. She bowed her head, and headed back to the entrance.

"Your so definitely cute like this." she hugged Black once more.

She noticed the noise at the entrance of the room, and in the corner of her eye she saw Pillow walking towards a group of Sharpein soldiers.

She felt guilty, after all he had been the perfect date, and what did she do? Right, she asked him to dance with somebody else, and than she herself went of dancing with Black.

"I'm sorry Black, but I think I need to speak to Pillocanci, before he leaves." and before he had found his voice back to respond, she was gone.

"Wait!" she called after him.

Pilocanci looked over his shoulder, when he saw her coming he stopped walking and waited for her.

"Where are you going? I mean...Oh, I don't know what I mean. I'm sorry for going of dancing with Black like that, Its just that he asked...and I...well, you know...I..." she sighed,"I'm sorry."

She looked at the ground, feeling too guilty too look him in the eyes, hoping that he wasn't too angry with her.

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Pilocanci shrugs,"Apology accepted. Unfortunately, I do have to depart. Don't blame yourself for the 'less then perfect' date. I admit, it was rather annoying. However, I'm not quite that petty, as some would believe." The Sharpein dictator kisses Sweetcherrie's hand before turning with his group and leaving for the transports.