The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Valentine's Day Celebration

Zariah

Sweetcherrie and Pilocanci watched Black fly away. Pilocanci offered Sweetcherrie a paw and they walked back inside.

It was just her luck, to have these two hotheaded men, that never went out much, and had slight difficulties to adjust to crowds, fighting over her. She had to admit that both men had their qualities. Pilocanci had been friendly and they had good conversations, he was intelligent, and she had discovered mutual interests. Black on the other hand had looked dangerously romantic, and he had shown courage by apporaching her, while the Presidente was sitting next to her.

Sweetcherrie sighed, at least both of them were behaving civil again, and she hoped that the rest of the evening would be a good one, without further complications.

When they came back in it fell quiet, and people stared at them while Pilocanci led her back to the table. Soon enough people were chatting again, after all they had witnessed strange situations before. (Sweetcherrie had heard about an incident with a magic flute.)

Back at the table she looked longingly at the dancefloor. The music was playing in a hypnotic sort of way, but Pilocanci had not asked her to dance yet, and she wasn't sure if he liked dancing.

Edited by Sweetcherrie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zariah sat alone, with her book in her lap and watched the guests and the commotion with Sweetcherrie...she seemed to have the attention of more than one gentleman.

"Nyyark is never around anymore...so I can't expect him to be here. I've just about given up on being friends with him. And...Gwaihir makes me really nervous...in a good way....but he's too shy to talk to me since out date ended so abruptly....and everyone seems to be pairing up. And I bet if I tried to ask Wyvern for a dance, he'd charge me a fee or something...." Zariah deeply sighed.

She held back her uncommon tears, "I'm the hostess, it's my duty to be a good greeter and hostess. So, I'll just look chipper."

She tried, but couldn't even smile....

Gryphon races to his rooms to prepare for his date with Mynx for the Valentines ball. All this running around was getting tiring, what with his trip to get Yan Yan Ganaffi's valentines day gift and portalling back to the Pen all in the same afternoon...

He pauses, just inside the door to his chamber and tries to consider what he should wear for the evening and the Valentines ball.

Suddenly an idea comes to mind, bursting fully fledged into Gryphons mind. The perfect compliment to Mynx and her humanoid feline form.

A few whispered words and a whisper of power directed inward and Gryphon begins to alter shape blurring and shrinking until where once there sat a Gryphon there was now something else...

~~~

Minutes later Gryphon was back out the door and heading to meet Mynx hoping that she'd like his new form for the ball. He knocks nervously on her door and she calls out "Come in, I'm just finishing getting ready."

Both Gryphon and Mynx enter the room at the same moment from opposite sides and both of them freeze at the sight of one another.

Gryphon: "You look..."

Mynx: "Oh, wow..."

Gryphon: "Sorry."

Mynx: "No, I'm sorry, you first."

silence

Both stare at each other for a moment each starting to speak as the other one does before getting their timing sorted out.

Gryphon says, "You look amazing, I love the colouring..."

Mynx is slowly losing her winter colours and going back to her orange and black tiger stripes. The effect is an amazing wave of colour mixed in with the white, like the suns fire licking white clouds at sunset. The effect is set of nicely by Mynx's dress for the evening, having forsaken her death robe for the sake of the ball. She is instead dressed in a flowing dress that sets off her stripes nicely...

Mynx in the meantime stands silent drinking in Gryphon's new look...

Standing before her is a winged humanoid, his body (where not covered by a robe like garment) covered lightly in feathers that match Gryphon's usual colouring. He has a slight raptorial look about his face and aside from having wings, currently furled tightly behind him to avoid knocking anything over, his body is much of a match for her own, though slightly taller and, of course, not stripy. :)

Gryphon breaks the silence of Mynx's contemplative look, "I hope you like the new look... it's something I've been working on since while gryphon form is good, it can be a bit annoying at times not to have regular hands." To demonstrate the difference Gryphon holds up his hand, now looking decidedly more human though still taloned.

"Anyway, we've got a ball to go to and we're... a little late. Shall we go?"

~~~

A few minutes later Gryphon and Mynx, approach the Conservatory in time to see Black shift form and fly off and Pilocanci and Sweetcherrie head back inside.

As Gryphon and Mynx enter through the door to the conservatory they are greeted by floating hearts, streamers of crepe paper and roses... and unfortunately also Pilocanci's magic-dampening field. Being essentially a creature of magic Gryphon staggers a bit, stopping to lean briefly on the table that Pilocanci and Sweetcherrie just stood up from.

Noticing that something is not quite right Mynx supports Gryphon, asking what's wrong.

"It's like this area is magic depleted." he says, "I can survive in it, but it feels almost like there's not enough air and I'm used to having magic around me at all times... it feels... weird."

Pilocanci gives Gryphon a look for causing some further disruption of his date with Sweetcherrie but contacts his base of operations and with a few short commands later the magic-dampening field is removed, and things go back to normal. Understanding what was done, that somehow Pilocanci was responsible for fixing the magic Gryphon bows to him and thanks him before moving off with Mynx to leave the dictator to his date.

Gryphon and Mynx walk over to Zariah and present themselves to her as hostess and she invites them to enjoy the ball before they head off to mingle with the other guests. :)

Edited by Gryphon

"Shall we?" Pilocanci had asked her to dance, it was as if he could read her mind. She was about to say yes, when she saw Zariah sitting in a corner, all by herself, looking rather lonely.

Just moments before she had wanted to dance more than anything but seeing Zariah sitting there with a book...

Maybe she would like to dance? Sweetcherrie hesitated for a moment, what would Pilocanci think when she would ask him? Well, she wouldn't know untill she asked...

She made her decision,"Maybe you could ask Zariah to dance, I mean, I would love to dance with you of course, but she just looks so lonely, and I thought..." She stopped defending herself, after all, a woman had the right to change her mind, and if she was doing somebody else a favour.

Pilocanci looked over in Zariah's direction. "I noticed that earlier," the pint sized dictator remarked," I would be happy to dance with her, but remember, you owe me a dance." He smiled and winked at Sweet Cherrie before strolling over to Zariah. She looked up from her book with a bit of suprise. "I don't mean to interrupt, but I was wanting to thank you for a wonderful party. Not meaning to pry, but I noticed you don't seem to be enjoying yourself. If I may offer, would you like to dance?"

Meanwhile, while all this was happening. Black sat at the bar drinking a blood wine. It was at this time that he noticed Sweetcherrie sitting alone and Pilocanci asking a question to another soul. It came to mind that he may be asking the person to dance, but this was a forgone conclusion and he didn't desire to create anymore tension than he already had. It would appear that the bartender missed the former fiasco...by the question he asked the vampire.

Barkeep-"Why don't you ask the lady to dance?"

Black-"I couldn't do that. I caused too much trouble already."

Barkeep-"What could you have possibly done?"

Black-"You'd be surprised. I'd like to ask...but I just don't know how she'd take it."

Barkeep-"Your Death, right? I've heard of you...and you can't even ask a lady to dance...your a coward if you don't mind me saying."

Black-"And your dead if you call me a coward again."

Barkeep-"You wouldn't dare...not here...not now." Black turned the bartender's direction with an attempt to speak, but failed to find the words. Returning to his former actions, Black glimpsed Sweetcherrie's way and spoke once again to the Bartender.

Black-"Your right, Barkeep...I wouldn't."

Edited by Black9

Purple Shadows walked into the ball room wearing a purple halter dress, perfect for salsa dancing, hopefully someone would ask her to dance tonight, she was painfully shy, and as such didn't like being overridden by her own charecters, and forced to attend the ball herself, it seemed that they had all started taking on lives of their own. "Sick my arse" she sighs to herself and straightens up to survey the scene. Just then Loki runs up to her, hands her a piece of paper, and a big gulp full of punch, and then runs off.

Blushing, she reads the poem he has written her, and just when she is about to take a second read through, it vanishes in a puff of smoke.

Scanning the crowd, she notices Ozy still hasn't arrived. It's just as well. I still need to work out the kinks in his present." Noticing Black across the room at the bar, she decides to take a stab at socializing. As she walks across the room, she notices that for once she isn't the shortest person there, and her mood lightens a bit. Maybe it wouldn't be so akward after all.

She tries to lean on the bar next to black, but alas she is too small and clammers up onto a stool instead. besides, her heels were killing her feet, she wished she had just stuck to her usual flats.

"Hey Black, how goes it?"

Black Noticed Purple Shadows from the corner of his eye as he took his final sip of his of the blood wine and placed it on the bar. Turning her direction Black put on a smile and spoke with an energetic voice, Black-"Hello Purple Shadow, it's going great. And how are you doing this fine evening, M'lady?"

Purple Shadows grins, "Ah well, I'm just dandy. Kinda wish I had a dancing partner, but unfortunately Loki ran off, and my Valentine hasn't shown up yet. So I'm just sitting here waiting until something comes along. I'd dance with myself, but well, i did that last v-day, and while slow dancing alone can be entertaining, it gets old after a bit."

Black held his cool, though inside he was hurting. Where it was true that he was a rough and tough Vampire Lord...he had feelings too and they seemed to run as deep as the Nile. Black took a moment to think and finally after a small silence spoke. Black-"May I have this dance, M'lady?"

her grin widens, "Why I would love that!" She starts to get off the stool when she realizes that she is terrified of hights and freezes in place, paralyzed with fear. Oh no, just what have I gotten myself into this time?

Black, noticing that something is wrong, leaps to his feet and offers Shadows, his hand. "Shall we?" Death says as he helps Shadows to the floor

Purple Shadows lets out a squeak, and looks from Black's outstreatched hand to the floor and back again. Reluctantly she takes his hand and gets down from the stool. She staggers and clutches his arm, and then realizing how pitiful she must look, composes herself. She clears her throat, "How are you at slasa?"

Black gives a slight chuckle and begins to speak. "For you M'lady, I would give the world a show they would never forget. I am proacticed in nearly all forms of dance...it comes from my 4509 years of life."

"Well I've had nearly a week. Lucky for you I'm a fast learner, and shouldn't embarass you too much." And thank god I'm a fast learner

Black offers his arm and purple Shadows takes it. They both walk out onto the dance floor and strike a quick pose before begining to dance a dance of hope and romance.

(OOC: in case you didn't already notice, this has been a collab between both Black and myself. Hope you enjoy it.)

"Pilocanci asked me to dance?", thought Zariah. "What do I say? If we dance, it will be a disaster...I'll make us trip and fall...and...it'll be awful...then everyone will laugh at me or something...what do I do?"

She looked up at Pilocanci and tucked away her book. Standing up, she answered resolutely, "Sure I'd love to but I warn you I'm really clumsy."

Peredhil paused in the hallway to adjust the sleeves on his grey raw-silk Armani suit, and buffed the dust off his loafers.

He'd already delivered his Valentine to Lady Celes in the Manor, but wanted to support Zariah here at the Ball as well. He wasn't the dancer that Elladan or Elrohir were, and definitely lacked the ... intensity and vigor of Guido, but he was known to waltz lightly on occasion.

As he approached the door, he was amazed to see a Pooka. Stopping, he removed his Gargoyle sunglasses and looked again; Pookas were usually found near water, not Valentine's Day Balls.

It wasn't a Pooka, it was one of the delightful Quincunx. In a Pooka-like shape. The blunt doggish muzzle of the human face growled warningly at him and the silvery hair bristled warningly. It must be Tzimfemme. Although a vampiress, she didn't seem pleased at her transformation, and so it probably wasn't voluntary or enjoyable.

He approached carefully and began truly Looking. Her pads were streaked with blood, and there was clay spreading them out uncomfortably. Her lei lines were all twisted and trailed off disconcertingly without the normal clear-cut demarcations which typically marked the End of this portion of Quincunx and the Beginning of the next.

It was almost as if they were somehow losing their boundaries and beginning to overlap. He'd wondered if something of the sort wasn't happening after the Kissing Booth.

Focusing power and Power and POWER, he gently teased the mana, aligned the Lines, stretched here and tugged there. It was somewhat like unweaving a particularly snarled set of strings in a game of Cat's Cradle. He gently teased this and soothed that - but careful not to soothe too much - this was Tzimfemme, her anger and savage edge were an integral part of her power to *do*, just as Rosemary's Sight was essential for her to *be*.

With a final strum which vibrated out into webs beyond Sight (Rosemary's closed eyes twitched, Minta felt a craving for sugar, Rydia was lost in the sudden total recall of Starlight's eyes shining with love) Peredhil was done and Tzimfemme stood clothed in her normal haughty nekkidness.

"Happy Valentine's Day."

With a Polite nod, he put his sunglasses back on and drifted into the Ball.

As ever, Knight sat quietly in the corner of the room, just enjoying the sights and sounds of all the people around. His hands went two or three times to the pocket of his simple suit- and withdrew the watch that sat there. Unlike the suit- the watch spoke of extreme riches and wonders- a time piece from another time, and place, a slight blue glow emanating from its golden body. He chuckled to himself- this party had only just begun.

Noting that Zariah was feeling down- he started to stand to make his way over to be friendly towards her- but noticed that Pilocani had beat him to the punch. No matter, here's to hoping he can do what I probably would be a dismal failure at...

Shrugging once more to himself, he pulled out a small pipe from the other pocket inside his suit, and a small pouch- filling the pipe, he lit it, and smoked thoughtfully, wondering why he even came to these sort of things. It was most likely because the people were good company, when they weren't too busy fighting amongst one another, trying to con him out of his life's savings, and/or possibly both.

With a small, derisive chuckle, Knight leaned back into the bench he sat at, and puffed away on the pipe...

Edited by Knight

Sweetcherrie looked at Pilocanci and Zariah dancing, they were doing a great job. Zariah, who had looked insecure when she had been asked to dance, seemed to have a good time now.

She smiled and was pleased that her idea had worked. She saw Black and Purple Shadows dancing as well, they too formed a good couple.

Peredhil had come into the room, looking a real gentleman, and really handsome, in his Armani suit, and she thought she had seen a glimpse of Tzimfemme somewhere.

She glanced over the room and saw Knight sitting in a corner of the room, puffing away on his pipe. She got up and walked over to him.

“So how have you been? Haven’t seen you for a while.” Knight looked surprised at this sudden attention.

Zariah gained some courage and decided to ask Pilocanci a few questions.

"Well, I've seen you around the Pen, but I've never had the opportunity to get to know you. Could you tell me about yourself?"

She blushed and gave an inquisitive glance.

(OOC: I've read your discription in the Piazza of portraits, but my character is not aware of who you are.)

Edited by Zariah

Pilocanci smiles at the fact that Zariah seemed genuinely interested in him. "I and my people come from Charsic 7, a planet far away from here. We came here after my government was over thrown. Instead of magic, we have an advance technological society, as you have probibily noticed. We've began research into the physics of 'magical' energy and have discovered that it is a sub-electron energy type. It uses different vibrational rates that cause it to relate to a certain type of funtion. The basic of these is ambient magical energy..." Pilocanci stopped as he noticed the slightly confused look of Zaraih's face.

"Sorry, sometimes I lose myself in scientific discussion. I used to be a science professor before entering politics on my home world. My field was mostly theoritical physics and nano-chemistry." Pilocanci saw that in order for Zariah to dance with him, she had to hunch over a bit uncomfortibly. Pausing for a few moments, he took out a paw-sized nano-holographic generator, activating it. It hologram had the obtical coherence modification to 'solidify' the hologram. Before Zariah stood a handsome male human dressed in a studding military dress uniform. Taking her gasp of suprise as a compliment, Pilocanci began dancing with her again.

"We built the airbase outside of the Pen for the purpose of establishing a means of protecting our new home. With our technology, we're trying to improve the living conditions and slowly advancing the quality of life here."

"I was wanting to know a little more about you, actually," Zariah said to the hologram version of Pilocanci.

"Oh," he said," I'm fond of reading, music, flying, and cooking. I enjoy spicy foods, mostly. I can't eat chocolet. It's poisonous to Canines. I'm currently divorced with no pups, and I'm presidente of an exiled nation. So, since you asked me, can you tell me a bit about yourself?"

"Sure, um...well as you know, I read A LOT. I recently found out that I AM a crow. But, that's a long story...I have the ability to fly, communicate with all crow clans, send energy to other beings, and I spend a lot of time in the forest with my friends...one in particular is my best friend, his name is Wanderer. It was him and his family clans who decorated for the Ball. So I carved the centerpieces, which are crows holding roses in their beaks in honor of them. Soon, I will transform and have a crimson jewel on my forehead, which marks me in my human form as a crow. I am special since I can transform into a human, and I'd like to find others of my kind." Zariah was twirled in a circle, and she laughed because it was so much fun.

Tzimfemme remained still for awhile, legs drawn up to her chest and arms resting on her knees, meditating on the messages she had been howling. The return of a fully human mind was such a relief. . .surely she wouldn't have to thank Peredhil verbally if he'd already seen everything? Brr. She sheathed herself in a silver flare of personality and went into the building, following the emotional shockwave back to its source.

"May I cut in," stated Tzimfemme, slipping herself in between Zariah and Pilocanci, who were fortunately not dancing too intimately. The camouflaged canine reached into his pockets (no one was looking closely enough to violate the paradox) for another magic-suppressing gadget. The naked mage suppressed a few words while fending off Zariah with upraised hands, but settled for, "That won't work, dude, this is personality not magic, and I'd love to yikyak with you about that kind of technology later," and extended the fire to shield Zariah for a few seconds.

"I think you're leaning on the day too heavily," she told Zariah in a hurry, while the flare muffled communications to the outside. "Pairs are nice and larger groups with proper guidance, but being pushed together is less fun. People get prickly and repellent--like repels like y'know?" Tzimfemme pushed her palms together but not quite to touching, then rambled on, "It's more fun to pursue them, and they don't often mind. . .poor silly lonely men," and she flicked a hand at Pilocanci, "even him. Chase one today and promise another for tomorrow and you'll be through the gauntlet in no time--just remember to not look back, yesterday's men take that for fresh permission--"

At the decisive moment, the flare snapped back around Tzimfemme instead of forcing a new persona to the surface of Zariah. The naked mage, whiplashed, stepped gingerly to the nearest seat and leaned against it to collect herself before putting her words into practice.

Equester jumped slightly as Stropha materialised beside him, accompanied by a collection of other creatures from the other place, all dressed in Tuxedoes and carrying a mixture of musical instruments.

"Alright boss, where's the party? And wht you still doing out here?!"

"Er...I was was just going in...yes, bit of trouble finding this place. If you go on in and start playing, I'll join you in a moment. Stropha, I need you to do something for me."

Quickly Equester muttered some commands to Stropha, who then dissapperead in search of Appy. The rest of the "band" all raced to the door, fighting amongst themselves over who would be playing the sax. As he watched them, Equester couldn't help thinking he might have made a mistake.

Inside the hall

There was a brief but short lived sound of violence as the Dimensional Band prevented the muisicians already playing from carrying on, and then they were set. A sign was set up on the stage announcing the acceptance of requests, and without further ado they launched into a tune of thier own making, slow and romantic with an overtone of Jazz.

Wherever Appy is

Stropha materilised infront of Appy, his Tux not even out of place from his rapid search of the area.

"Ah there you are madam. You are required at the Valentines ball, if you'll just follow me we can be there in a sec!" Gesturing he indicated the portal behind him, and waited for Appy to comply. He hoped he wouldn't have to tie her up to get her there, the boss might get upset about that.

Glancing up from his smoke-induced revery, Knight nodded hello to Sweetcherrie. "Allo. Salut. Guten tag. Howdy. Hola. Hiya. And all of that other such silly nonsense. How are you this day?"

He motioned for her to have a seat, as he took another deep puff on the burning tobacco, and then withdrew the pipe to blow a smoke-ring, which he then in turn manipulated into five pointed star- and then back into a ring again.

Knight always did love to show off...

Sweetcherrie watched the star of smoke float up to the ceiling. She threw a glance at Black, he did look morbidly handsome. He caught her stare and she looked away quickly, slightly blushing.

She turned back to Knight, but just when she wanted to say something, her mobile phone started ringing.

"I'm sorry, I'll be right back," and she hurried out the room to answer her phone in quiet.

"Yes?"

"No, no, it's no problem I was still awake. Really? That's so cool. When do they want to come?"

"Aha, aha, ok" while talking she wandered outside, the fresh air blew through her hair and felt nice after the warm conservatory room, "yes, that won't be a problem. I'll be there. thank you for calling. bye."

She jumped from joy and thanked the moon. Suddenly she heard a sound so quiet as if it had been an abstract of a whisper, she turned around to see where it had come from.

Edited by Sweetcherrie

A bit confused by the chaos, Zariah realized she was no longer dancing with Pilocanci, and she recalled Tzimfemme's words:

"It's more fun to pursue them, and they don't often mind. . .poor silly lonely men," and she flicked a hand at Pilocanci, "even him. Chase one today and promise another for tomorrow and you'll be through the gauntlet in no time--just remember to not look back, yesterday's men take that for fresh permission--"

Zariah was puzzled. She had only danced withhim; it was no big deal...she had never had a boyfriend and it never crossed her mind to think of him that way....WHAT was she talking about??? Zariah was really confused, so she went back to her seat by the door and pulled out her book to hide behind while she tried to figure everything out.

On the way to the door, just after she'd drawn her book out, Zariah bumped into Peredhil.

"Oh excuse me!" both exclaimed.

Both blushed.

"I sor-" They broke off and looked at each other with mirrored expressions of apology for interrupting.

Suddenly Peredhil's eye lightened three shades of grey and a whimsical smile lit his features.

"A dance Lady Z'?" Before she could protest, he swung her into a lazy waltz, whisking her around the floor.

"But I can't waltz" her thoughts wailed, until they caught in the magic of the moment. His touch was light but firm, confidence flowed from his hands, and she found her feet seeking the right rhythm and balance despite her self-conscious fears.

When the music ended and he stopped her near the punch, her cheeks glowed from exertion and wonder.

She blinked as he appeared in front of her with a paper Almost Dragonic Brand Party Punch cup and pill holder, filled with fruit punch.

"Something to cool you, M'lady. Thank you for the dance, and I hope your Ball is a swinging success."

By the time she'd caught her breath, he'd moved off so as not to monopolize the hostess.

"Wow!" thought Zariah, "That was magical! I've never danced with Peredhil before, what a treat!" She sipped her punch and looked around to see how the guests were interacting. "Well, I am sure glad that everyone is having a good time. I feel so much better now, and calm and energized...I wonder.....was that Peredhil's doing? Oh well, he is too kind!" With that final thought, she ambled over to the doorway, eager to see who would appear next.

It was simply magical dancing with Shadow as she really was a quick learner. Yielding well their talents...they flowed with ease over the dance floor...giving all who witnessed them a show they would never forget. Black really did love to dance...he just rarely was given the chance to do so but when he was...he'd always seize the opportunity. It was at this time that he noticed Sweetcherrie's glance and gave a smile.

Black-"I hope you don't mind, M'lady, but it would appear that a certain someone needs some cheering up. I want you to know that the dance has been magical." Purple Shadow gave a nod of approval and slipped away ever so dramatically. Black, now free, glanced Sweetcherrie's once direction he noticed her running out of the ball and vanished from the dance floor with a wave of his hand. Sweetcherrie looked back to see that he was gone...slightly disappointed...she turned away to see Black leaning against the nearby outer wall. Black turned her way with a cool grin and spoke in the same manner.

Black-"Would you like to dance, M'lady?"

Edited by Black9

Ptraci eyed the person in front of her critically. Clearly a servant, and obvious unaware he wasn't talking to Appy.

*sigh*

The girl really was a problem these days. She considered just getting rid of this nuisance, but then, for a second and to her own surprise, she felt herself being curious. And slightly more angry. Who was this person daring to send after her a mere servant requiring her presence at the ball! She was going to find out. In the best interest of course, can't have people running after her all the time.

Besides, she was done with her preperations for the gift she had planned to present to Xaious.

This could be fun even...

*slowely a grin appeared on her face. It was actually quite pleasant, if you didn't pay too much attention to her eyes.. Narrowing her eyes she replied*

"I see, so that's how it is hm? Very well, I will join you and see for myself who dares to require my presence at the ball! But we will walk, thank you very much."

*Without a look, tugging something into her beltpocket, the form of Appy walked out of the room, and towards the Ball*

Edited by Appy

"Would you like to dance, M'lady?" Black was standing in front of her, and he looked breathtaking.

"Yes, I would like to, but won't that be causing problems," she said, as her face turned red, "I mean with Pillow and all..."

"You can leave that up to me M'lady," and he stretched out his hand.

Sweetcherrie laid her hand in his and he guided her to the dancefloor. She thought she sensed the prickle of eyes staring at her, and looked stealthily around to see were Pillow was.

She didn't have time to think long about this, because the next song had started. Black was a good danser, and with his moves he enchanted her, untill she had forgotten where she was and just enjoyed the dance.

It felt as if they were floating instead of dancing, and it was the first time she had ever felt like this. The Conservatory Room with all the guests had dissapeared and it felt as if they were dancing under the naked sky, filled with a thousand twinkling stars.

When the music stopped, It took her a few moments to refind her breath and realise where she was.