The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I love the way my conversations deteriorate

Gwaihir

You know those comments that make utter sense in context but are hilariously odd out of context. This is a thread to list those things, but please don't make them up. They have to be statements that made perfect sense in context.

My contribution is "a bus spitting radioactive plegm?"

I have several but from one of my female clients spoken from the back of her paint store to the front counter where her customer stood she screamed "Hey Harry, Don't forget to shake those cans until your balls rattle!"

In context it made sense to her. To her shocked and embaressed customer it did not.

Gwaihir: "that's what I had to do last time, becuase I'd already gotten lump's eye into my comp memory"

Gwaihir (quoting another): <Tyrion> so basically, lump is the reincarnation of Clovis' second illegitimate son, and I was able to read the deep subconscious of his mind to find out stuff about his dad

(sidenote: that was sent to me out of the blue, so to speak, I have yet to find out the context for it :P)

Gwaihir: "it's kind of like speaking German with a mouth full of rocks"

I'm enjoying taking some small personal revenge here :P

I love this thread :P

Since I went roleplaying tonight (with the Crazy Group), I have a few to add... They're "don't ask" kind of things - you're better off not knowing :)

A small chunk of information you'll need to understand something here and there : our DM is American, so we play in English. Since none of us are native English speakers, this makes for some pretty interesting translations sometimes...

• Diviners go "tic tic BOOM"
  • All we need to do is turn off the sun for a few minutes.
  • I can't kill the character so I'll just kill the player
  • You're going to kill Jimmy now because you want Tanin dead?
  • That's the weird one that offends people
  • Jesus must've been at least a level 5 cleric
  • And then it says "meep meep". Vriieeaaauuuwww is just a sound it makes.
  • I see a rainworm.
  • Now that we're done with cats giving head...
  • I try to appraise the city
Yes, we actually got some roleplaying done as well... some of that was actually in-character :)

this sounds bad, and when you figure it out, it's even worse:

guy1 "how tight do you want it?"

guy2 "as tight as you can make it"

girl "he wants it as tight as me!"

after:

girl "see, told you I was tight, no balls went it."

*open mouth, insert foot*

then the comments followed. hehe.

"this would be a lot easier if you just took off your shirt" -why fishnet and piercings don't get along.

"Sweetie, I know you're having fun, but could you please leave my boobs alone, I'm trying to concentrate here." -Why one should never wear shirts with zippers on the front

"Look at the size of that cock!"

"I wish mine was that big."- the dangers of 4H roosters

Edited by purple_shadows

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...