The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf III: The Case of Garnavon Hall

Tanuchan

"Two more deaths!" sobbed Katharine to no one in particular. "I don't care what kind of scandal they think they're avoiding, it's not worth it. They should send for the police immediately and quarantine us all."

If anyone thought to look closely at her glass, they would notice that Katharine had allowed herself into the rhubarb wine after all. Five deaths in three days was clearly too much for her to handle.

"Can't trust anybody anymore... everyone suspicious and testy... No one can see the clues right in front of them, either, and keeping it to themselves when they do. Oh.... God help us all!"

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC:

"Oh, get your own wine!" and he went to bed

Oh, _very_ good.

:)

We've just found Mr. Vahktang dead. His skull was smashed with a candelabra... He tried to give us a clue... there was the number "2" scrawled in blood. So I see that there are two assassins working here.

Ohmigawd.

I died?

Well, that makes a mess doesn't it?

Didn't see that coming.

Last time this happened I died in the Kenzerco game, too.

'Scuse me.

Nope.

Severly wounded, but not dead.

OOC: I really would like to see the ghosts roleplaying.)

OK

IC:

Mr. Vahktang the ghost stands in the breakfast room and watches the crowd carrying on despite.

He is joined by the other recent dead.

"Bosh."

The others look towards him.

"I died and the best I could write up was a '2'.

"No initials. No better clews.

"I doubt now my intestinal fortitude.

"I suppose David will now send a wire to my family, informing them.

"I hope my little sister takes care of my pets well.

"She always did want my horse, so some good will come of it.

More later,

Vahktang

IC:

"No initials. No better clews."

OOC

Hehe... Sorry, Vahk. No way of you knowing who killed you, since you got hit from behind ;) But maybe you could just discern two voices before losing conscience...

Sincerely? Had a writer's block last night :huh: I hope next scenes will come out better.

Katharine Horton (Katzaniel) ==> , retired schoolteacher

Wetherby Danielson (MeThinksUFoolish) ==> Sir Cecil Garnavon's butler

George Worthington (X-Sabre) ==> tavern owner

Sir Alfred Peterson (Degenero Angelus) ==> rich old Knight and Nobleman

James Doyle (Tamaranis) ==> stableboy at Garnavon Hall

Marcus Horton (Ozymandias) ==> a butcher (Katharine's son)

Elisabeth Christie (Lady Celes) ==> well-known socialite

Gavin Doyle (Matteo) ==> Philosophy major with minor in English

Lady Emily Galanodel (Elwen) ==> unconventional teenage noblewoman

Edwyn Cooper (Eyremon) ==> American soldier/merc just back from Africa

Wil (Gnarlitch) ==> jack o' all trades

hahahahahahaha. Hunted. Not a good feeling is it? with sickness and disease you can at least accept that you cannot do anything, but with two crazed assasains on the grounds, we all MUST look around and think two people here wish me DEAD. should we look at Mr. Danielson because of the serving tray? should we look at mr. Doyle because of the attack on horseback. Nobody is above suspect. Sir Peterson do you have a Silver sword? Lizzie silver jewerly? who did the Georgian suspect last time? does that make a good suspect? You all thought I was crazed or suicidal. I wanted to take action days ago. My suspect is Sir Peterson, this may be a nobel feud gone terribly to far, but it is up to us to stop it. play the numbers. 2 assasains, 9 of us. if it helps I didn't do anything. Now I am off to the garden. have fun guessing.

OOC Sir Peterson

"No," Katharine said rather quickly. "I have been pondering about that, and I must say that the assassins would not draw attention to themselves that way. It would not be that obvious, not even to make us think that it wouldn't be that obvious when it was. Time and again we have all gone for the obvious." Katharine shakes her head. "I think that it can't be Sir Peterson and probably not even Wil. On the other hand, if Wil doesn't explain to us what it is he thinks he knows, I may have to begin suspecting him."

Wil walks into the breakfast room, a look of both anger and determination on his face. He carries in his had a pair of ladies boots and a wad of white cloth, which he throws into the middle of the table. He then reveals the double barrelled shotgun he is carrying in his other hand, which he brings forth and cocks before pointing it at the "Lady" Emily.

Wil "If ye be so afflicted, then tell me this! HOW is there mud on yer boots and blood on the hem of yet slip? How I ask ye?"

Eyes go wide with shock and outrage and some of the man begin to move as if to protect the "Lady."

Wil "Stay ware ye are, lads, Aye got me two barrells 'ere an' at this point ahm not afeered ta use em both! That thar "lady" *spits* is a bloody werewolf I tell ya! I seen 'er wit' me own eyes walkin' the hall las' nigh'! An' her carryin' a silver candelabra an' all! Aye didnae get a good look a' the man she's partnered wit' but 'ee was thar! Now, ya she-_itch! Ya'd better confess an' don' try nuthin'! Aye got ol' Bessie 'ere loaded wit' silver buckshot aye do. An aye tell ye, it'll do fer ye, were-beast or no!"

"Lady" Elmily "Well I never! In all my days! How YOU a mere servant could accuse ME. Gentlemen, clearly this man is either insane or drunk! Arrest him!"

Wil "I don' drionk, as any here thet knows me kin tell ye. Ain't 'ad a drop o' liquor fer more'n fifteen years! And I ain't crazy neither! I got me the SECOND SIGHT as we call in in Ireland. Me mother 'ad it, God bless her souls, an' me granpappy afore her. It runs in me family, see. An' I KNOW they you are one o' the assassins, an' ye sure as 'ell ain't no lady!"

OOC: I beleive I made that clear...I am the SEER and I have seen that Lady Emily/Elwen is a guilty werewolf!

(OOC: Whoa. We're not supposed to lie in OOC, right? This turns *my* vote on its head...)

As the tension builds to a crescendo, nearly everyone starts when they hear a new voice. "I couldn't agree more, Wil. Shoot her!", barks Marcus as he steps around to Wil's side.

"I said STAY BACK", he manages, but no sooner does he finish as Marcus lunges at him, fists balled. Wil fires, and the resulting explosion of the homemade buckshot tears gaping holes in the furniture, shatters a window, and misses Marcus who was already in past the end of the gun's barrel and aiming his right hand at the Welshman's nose with all his might.

Wil's nose obligingly explodes in a gout of blood as he topples backward both in surprise and from the impact. The fist is followed with all the speed the normally mild butcher can muster in kneeing him in the groin. Wil screams further obscenities in his descent to the floor as the two fall, wrestling for the gun.

"LADS!!! HELP!!", bellows Marcus. "THE MAN'S GONE MAD!!!!!"

(OOC:My new vote is for Elwen. Sorry, Gnarlitch! Had to stay IC. {:>\

Edit: Originally put in the wrong perp from me suspect list!

Editing edit: It helps to have another name in to replace a deleted one. *sigh*)

(OOC: Gnarlitch, I'm not sure if you were supposed to say you're the Seer out of character. Anyhow, I'll focus of what it is said IC. As for the ghosts; Nice touch. ;) )

Elisabeth has mixed feelings about the whole scene. While the absurdity of Wil's speech is appalling, she did clearly ask that whoever have any clues should speak up. Watson did clearly say that they were looking for two suspects. Suspecting Lady Galanodel when everyone thought there was only one assassin was pure heresy. But now, the clue left by Mr. Vahktang changes a lot of things.

- Well Mr. Wil, so you pretend to have the skill of sight? That the killers are the fable werewolves? Talk about a hysterical situation. Well, let me do this! I'll vote against Lady Galanodel. If she's arrested and that your words are truthful, well, you'll have everyone's trust. If not, I'll make sure that not only you'll be lynched, but I'll make sure that your reputation is ruined forever.

Lady Galanodel protested while others are litterally shocked. Katharine Horton looks at her with disbelief.

- Mrs. Christie! Do you really know what are you doing?

- That maybe a gamble but if it pays off, it might just save our lives. And remember that you did voted against her yesterday.

Elisabeth finishes her breakfast and leaves for the garden, leaving everyone pondering about what they just saw.

(OOC: I vote against Elwen/Lady Galanodel. I was toying with the idea of voting against her anyway.)

"I said STAY BACK", he manages, but no sooner does he finish as Marcus lunges at him, fists balled. Wil fires, and the resulting explosion of the homemade buckshot tears gaping holes in the furniture, shatters a window, and misses Marcus who was already in past the end of the gun's barrel and aiming his right hand at the Welshman's nose with all his might.

Wil's nose obligingly explodes in a gout of blood as he topples backward both in surprise and from the impact. The fist is followed with all the speed the normally mild butcher can muster in kneeing him in the groin. Wil screams further obscenities in his descent to the floor as the two fall, wrestling for the gun.

Wil rolls with the punches, coughs a couple of times (even thinks he's going to cough something out! :blink: ) and then comes back to his feet ready to defend himself.

Wil "I dinnae want ta' fight ye lads! *punches Marcus in the nose, causing a satifying **SPLAT!* noise* But Aye will iff'n Aye hafta! That woman is a killer! An' I saw 'er walkin' las' night! *dodges another punch from Marcus, has his own counter punch blocked, and then takes a punch to the stomache* OOF! Marcus! Ya bloody stoopid sod! Yer on'y makin' yerself look guilty as her lad! OW!"

*Marcus lands another blow to the side of Wil's head, making him see stars. As his vision fades Wil's last thought is that Marcus MUST be Emily's partner in crime the way he's acting..... :sleep:

"Guilty?" says Marcus aloud, though quietly. "You poor fool, you just pointed a gun at a child and called her a werewolf. What was I supposed to do?"

Carefully hauling Wil over to a nearby sofa, he laid the man on it, then produced an already bloodstained handkercheif to wipe Wil's gory face.

Shooting a dirty look to the rapidly filling room, Marcus rubs his shoulder once his opponent's bleeding has stopped. "Baseless accusations are one thing. But letting these vermin turn us into killers as well? Desperate, that's what he's become. Us furthering the killing is no solution, except to the murderers. "

*spin* *click* *cock*

Silver bullets.

I simply gave Dr. Watson my silver gun. Well played Wil. If you say it is lady Emily then I believe you. I have thaught that you have the sight for about a day now, hopefully you will accept my protection tonight from the other assasain now that you have reveled yourself. After the fire I protected myself incase the murderers decided to get friendly that night.

Marcus I am sure that Wil has concluded that based on the mythical fear of silver werewolves have. If you remember silver has been present at every murder. I strongly urge EVERYONE else to quickly agree. That includes you Marcus. It is the least you owe Vinnie and Mr. Norfolk.

Now vote. And we will be able to get rid of at least one assasain tonight

<edit> forgot to clearify accusation Emily Galanodel <Elwen>

Edited by Eyremon

Katharine's voice registers shock. "Werewolf? I knew you knew something more than we did, Wil, but that is incredible. I must agree with what Ms. Christie has said: if you turn out to be wrong, there is little doubt of your guilt. But for now, for the plain fact that you must have known that when you made the accusation, we must all believe what you say."

Turning to her son, Katharine shouts "Marcus!" in a tone shriller than she meant. "Fists have never been the way to solve things. Get away from the boy, and if there's a reason, a good defensible reason, to disbelieve what he says, you tell us all, please tell us right now. We must get things out in the open."

"Lady Galanodel," says Katharine in a somewhat calmer voice. "I have suspected you from the start. What surprises me is not that you have the meanness of heart to commit murder but also the physical capability to do so. I have an inkling, though; given that Wil has shown us another pair of shoes, it may not turn out, but if it does it will condemn you beyond repair. Will you show us the soles of the shoes you now wear, Lady Galanodel?"

OOC: Saying it OOC doesn't necessarily guarantee truth - the wolf could just as easily have done the same, though we should avoid saying things like that OOC in future. At any rate, my vote: Elwen - Lady Emily Galanodel.

Edit: fixing actions to be more IC

Edited by Katzaniel

IC:

"No initials. No better clews."

OOC

Hehe... Sorry, Vahk. No way of you knowing who killed you, since you got hit from behind ;) But maybe you could just discern two voices before losing conscience...

Sincerely? Had a writer's block last night :huh: I hope next scenes will come out better.

I have no complaints about your story telling or what happened to me.

_Mr. Vahktang_ on the other hand, has a lot to complain about.

And I ain't crazy neither! I got me the SECOND SIGHT as we call in in Ireland.

Woo-Hoo!

(OOC: Whoa. We're not supposed to lie in OOC, right? This turns *my* vote on its head...)

There are no rules against it, but yes, I think lieing in OOC would be bad form.

IC:

If not, I'll make sure that not only you'll be lynched, but I'll make sure that your reputation is ruined forever.

"Hear, hear.

"_That'll_ teach him."

More later,

Vahktang

OOC: Sorry for the lateness of my "Haunts", but I coulden't really think of Cuthbert's motivations while he's dead... Well, let's take a whack at it...

IC: A ghostly apperation appears from the burnt room.

"I can't believe I survived that!"

Cuthbert waves his hand in front of his face.

"Oh, I didn't survive... But, but... This shouldn't be"

He walks around the next day, experimenting with all he can do in this form. He tried to scribe some of his findings in a small notebook after he learned to exert his will on objects. No luck, for the ramblings of the dead do not come so easily and all he writes is for naught.

So his preoccupation turns to what most of the dead do as a hobby, watch the living...

And what he sees... what he sees...

The next morn he comes to the accusations table. As the bickering and dickering happen, a cruel grin crosses his face.

"Oh you poor fools. One way or the other you are doomed to share my fate. The clues are there, should I have lived so long I would have known... But my efforts to save another have given me... this..."

He watches the drama a little longer.

"I know who they are, both of them. Maybe if you broke out some ouiji cards and a fine port-glass, I might give a friendly nudge."

He floats over to the book ends, brushing his finger through the books, pushing the last one over to make Katherine startle.

"Ah well, at least I have been able to discern the true nature of the more, archaic nature of chemistry... True quicksilver is real. But once I am burned away I shall meet my maker... I can only hope my life was not cut too short. I do so hate to keep apointment's waiting..."

*Pistol still trained on Emily*

Well since you reveled yourself to us Wil, I see you need to be protected more then myself. Would you please enlighten us so everyone will know who is no longer a suspect in this ghastly incident. I see it as beneficial for everyone to remove any doubt of guilt from the innocent.

By the way, I figure you have your last viewing tonight since you need to be safe in order absolve one more person. tomarrow night since I will be gone, and unable to protect you, you will be a target.

Edited by Eyremon

OOC: Erm... the Great and Mighty Moderatess has clarified a couple of things to me. Let's all just pretend I never said "werewolf" but instead said "assassin." OK? :rolleyes: Also, having played werewolf for the last year in another forum, there are no hard and fast rules beyond the basics of voting, lynching, and the slaughter. All else is variable as per the Mod and the players. So. please forgive my "different" style of play from what you are used to. I'm trying to play nice, really I am. :flower:

IC:

Wil wakes up on the couch with a slitting headache and wondering where he is and why....OH! Uh, sorry about all of that. But I swear on me mother's grave, God rest her saintly soul, that I SAW the "Lady" Emily walking the hallway last night meeting her male companion and getting ready to do murder. I wish that there had been something I could do to stop it last night. But as I SAW it in a dream, a vision if you will, I couldn't act until I woke up this morning. I was a wee bit out of sorts over the whole thing and may have acted improperly. However, that does not change what I have seen and what I know. Emily is guilty of murder. As to her partner, I am not yet sure. As to other visions of innocents, well, sadly every innocent I have viewed has since been murdered. *gets up off couch* Watson! ARREST THE MURDERESS! *points at Emily/Elwen*

Oh, and Edwyn, we should talk in private, you and I.

"A wee bit out of sorts, Wil? You were hysterical!" Marcus fairly shouts at the man. Still eyeing the now much more level gun being brandished in Edwyn Cooper's hand, however, he keeps his seat in a chair near Wil's couch. No less angrily, but more quietly, he continues. "Still, I fail to see the logic behind denying this affair could push anyone to the breaking point. I'll stick by your side, if not your argument, for now."

"Logic, however," he says as he looks to Cooper more shrewdly now, "seems to have been a great motivator behind your actions, Sir. Cold and calculating, though Lord only knows what on. One thing's for certain, however. Calmly pointing a gun at *anyone* who is no more suspicious than the rest of us speaks of those thoughts being sinister. Unless, I suppose, you have a vampire friend who can back the claims of Mr. Wil's 'second sight' on this werewolf. Or wait!! Maybe those friendly goblins, who live under the staircase, what about them?

How bloody stupid do you think we are, you cur?!? You've been up to something all along, and have dropped pretense now that you feel we're in your clutches.

Any man worth his salt will break you in two at the first opportunity, sir, so I suggest you stay attentive with that gun, else such despicable things as you've done these days are met with justice before the law may mete it out.

May God have mercy on your soul," Marcus spat.

The sweat on his brow belied his outrage.

(OOC: I am now entirely lost as to who means what in OOC, so I apologize if I'm going against the spirit of things! {:>\ But, to sally forth hopefully properly:

I'm changing my vote to Cooper/Eyremon.)

Elisabeth walks back in the mansion only to hear hystericals argumentation between the guests. She draws out of her purse a deck of cards and looks at the assembly.

- Well, until Watson will interrogate the new suspect, I invite anyone to play poker. I don't think I change my vote and, quite frankly, this is now out of my control.

Mrs. Christie sats down at the table and starts to shuffle her cards with all the skills a gambler of her caliber developped.

OOC:  Erm... the Great and Mighty Moderatess has clarified a couple of things to me.  Let's all just pretend I never said "werewolf"  but instead said "assassin."  OK? :rolleyes:  Also, having played werewolf for the last year in another forum, there are no hard and fast rules beyond the basics of voting, lynching, and the slaughter.  All else is variable as per the Mod and the players.  So. please forgive my "different" style of play from what you are used to.  I'm trying to play nice, really I am. :flower:

OOC

Gnarlitch, your RP is really nice and your style isn't *that* different from what we're used to. As your fellow RPer in the other forum, I know what you mean about the differences but, really, don't worry. I hope you keep PRing with us here, and get used also to our little quirks. ;)

As for current day phase, I'm extending the voting because the missing votes (including Elwen's) could make a difference. As I won't be able to post before tomorrow near midday, I'm extending day phase for another 12 hours.

~Tanny

marcus you are making a mistake by not siding with wil. right now wil is our best chance at living through this ordeal. If wil said he has seen lady emily in the dreams then I believe him. your mother saw the secret in his eyes. it is the best for everybody.

as far as the mythical beasts. call it whatever you wish. bottom line people are still dying. if will saw emily murder people and she changed into a werewolf fine with me. everything else he sez works for me. as far as being rash and quick to judge, Oh well. with the major roles revealed we must make the most of this situation. Wil has the power of second sight. I have been trying to protect people, and Emily has been killing people.

*takes a deep breath*

I believe everything wil has said. and I repeat at this point this should be a simple vote. paraphrasings mr holmes. if you have eliminated the possible all that is left is the impossible. Is nobody willing to take Wil's word that he has this gift. is nobody willing to see the murderer of our HOST be brought to justice. Lady Emily is the culprit. This vote should be so simple that anyone who votes against it could be a suspect. It would be safe to say that Lady Emily will deny the accusation as any sane person would, but if EVERYONE stands firm then we can get a confession.

and if he is wrong then he has agreed to be killed tomarrow. please people. for the memory of our friends we owe this to them.

Katharine stood up to add a few words to Edwyn's.

"I would like to add that Lady Galanodel has had ample time to defend herself and has opted against it. She has not let us see whether her shoes show any wear - although this evidence would not prove her innocence, I think that her silence proves her guilt."

Looking at the man who just finished his plea, Katharine continues. "And since you have been protecting us, Mr. Cooper, will you accept my apologies for distrusting you, and also tell us who you have protected thus far?"

OOC: Gnarlitch: please see OOC thread, I have a comment for you.