The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf II: Land of the Rising Moon

DeanTheAdequate

Hoshiko emerges from her room, her tears dried. "Thank you, Hisoka-san and Kamiya-san, for your concern. The moment has passed, fortunately. The garishness of what we are doing just came upon me in full force. As to voting, I cannot condemn a musician without rock-solid evidence, which there is not. Sawato-san, you have been acting suspiciously, I believe. You were the last one to talk to Lord Iago-sama, and now you attack Kinjuru-san, whom Lord Iago-sama, the seer, believe innocent. I am sorry, but as there is not better evidence pointing to another canidate, I cast my vote against you. I am sorry." Hoshiko thinks to herself how her emotions have dulled to what she is participating in. She is somewhat appalled at how easily she slipped back into killing.

OOC: a vote for Sawato-san

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kamiya Yumi, who is on her knees, had knocked on Hoshiko's room door several things, but she only heard sobbings behind. When the Geisha sees Hisoka-san coming, Hoshiko-san is finally opening her door. After she thanked both Geisha's for their worries, Hoshiko-san rejoingned the others and casted her vote.Yumi rises up and walks back where the others are still standing, she noticed that Sawato-san had join the assembly. She also noticed that the tone between Akane-san and him is pretty harsh.

- Greetings Sawato-san. It seems that you finally came.

The Geisha looked at the Concubine and inquires about what happened. Akane-san nods and asks Yumi if she had her mind made up yet and informs her of what she and Sawato-san had already vote and why. Sawato-san makes his pleas as well.

- Hum... Granted Iago-Sama was the Mystic and he did suspected Sawato-san as being one of the culprits. But I do have an hard time to cope with Sawato-san's reason for voting against Kinjiru-san. At least, Kyosuke-san brought up a more credible explanation of why he voted againts Kinjiru-san. This is an unpleasant decision, but this is one I am forced to do. I shall cast my vote against Sawato-san.

(OOC: A vote against X-Sabre/Sawato-san)

(Edit OOC: I have to edit my post since Dragonqueen's post popped right before mine)

Sawaton-san, as much as your accusation scares me, i will not beg for you to change your mind. Here we have already lost all reason and gut feeling is all that we have left to work with. I honor you for your choice but place my vote against you. I'm sorry, but i believe your time has come... may you find joy

:dragon4:

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Aye, kill that which can save you. I have had enough of these accusations. Kill me if you like, but you will be doomed to die.

OOC: I've been too busy to actually read any of the posts. I've had to just skim over them, and then post blindingly.

Edited by X-Sabre

Aye, that I do. But I shall not willing share it, for I do not want the wolves to know of it. Just know that this isn't the first time I've seen shapeshifters before, nor do I wish to see them succeed. If I am to die, I shall die fighting the wolves, just like my father.

Hisoka looks thoughtful, before she finally gets to her feet.

"I believe I know what knowledge you speak of, Sawato-san." the geisha speaks quietly. "And I too have had enough of these accusations. We can no longer exclude one of our number merely because of his occupation...too many of us are gone." she fixes her gaze on the musician, sadly. "I am very sorry, Shijin-san. Artist's sensibilities or not...you have not spoken up. I am an artist as well...but even I have spoken."

((OOC: my vote for Shijin))

"So that's how it is..." remarks Sawato "If I am to die then I shall not be defiled by those beasts!!!"

Sawato uncorks a bottle hidden in the folds of his Kimono and drains the contents. A spicy aroma wafts the air as he shatters the bottle at his own feet. Sawato sways rapidly.

"1000 years of medicinal training for naught! Are you happy? This potion, while toxic in large amounts, will rebuke any hygenkyoi withen sniffing distance..."

Sawato drops to his knees, holding his midsection.

"But now there is none for you. My injustice, I will see avenged..."

Sawato slumps forward, cracking the dining table in two. Mizuhara looks down in disgust.

"It seems we should re-evaluate Lord Iago's forewarnings in a different manner." he muses "Or none of us will see the Emperor's arrival..."

Shizuka continues to run... but finds pause at a crossroad.

One path will intercept the Imperial parade, the other will blaze a trail to Mizuhara's castle...

"Hisoka... What should I do..."

(OOC: Well, the baner is dead... Night Phase!)

Scorecard

Who's Alive!

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

Elwen- Hisoka (Geisha)

Who's Dead!

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa (I came, I saw, I died)

Vahktang- Shin, Washima (See you in the morning hon...)

RedChef- Iron Chef (.........)

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi (I'm not afraid! Urrk! Irony killed the cat...)

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke (Wanna see my new toy? Kewl! BANG!)

Eyremon- Lord Iago/SEER (By The Emperor's WORD We Must Vote... or die )

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato (Mmmmm.... Drugs....)

Kamiya Yumi looks down in shame. She was among those who condemned the herborist to death. She unwillingly contributed to their doom. Sawato-san's visage was grimacing in a repulsive way.

- What a shame! What a dishonor! How are we supposed to survive without the people that was supposed to protect us? Are we that blind? Are we that easily fooled?

The Geisha knelt at the altar and prey for Sawato-san's soul.

- Forgive me Sawato-san for I had been a foolish who believed the words of a fallen mystic over the words of a still breathing herborist. Please Sawato-san, forgive us all.

The Geisha silently started to cry, allowing her shoulders to shake at first, then both of her hands are covering her face.

Akane just looks at Sawato's fallen body, features so tired as to be unable to convey emotion anymore. She then listens to Kamiya Yumi, and just whispers to no one in special...

No one can be a fool for listening to the words of Lord Iago-san. It was me who pointed Sawato-san, not him. If you doubt the Seer who was among us, Kamiya-san, you doubt also his memory and his honor. I would take care with what you say, for this may be taken as a sign, small that it is, that your heart is away from honor.

Lord Mizuhara, I'm sorry... I don't have any more words and I doubt I have the heart, either. This is a burden I'll carry to the end of my days, that I accused innocents and helped killing one whose mission in life was protecting innocents. I'll retire now.

I'd just rest more easily if I could be sure that Ikare-chan will be safe...

Lowering her head in shame and disgust, Akane leaves for her rooms.

((OOC: We are certaintly in a a lot of trouble now...))

Hisoka bows her head, black hair falling to curtain her face. She may not have spoken against Sawato-san...and while she had figured out that he had been the herbalist, she had not spoken up, not made herself clear.

Now they were all doomed.

"Forgive me." she whispers. "Though I knew at the last who you were...I did not make myself clear. If in our folly we all die...that is our fate, shaped by our making and by our hands." she looks around, at all gathered. "Time has run out."

Quietly, she leaves the room.

Goodbye, Shizuka...

The morning comes. The morning meal is unattended by Mizuhara

"Where is he?" decries Shijin "It is not like Lord Mizuhara to miss his meal."

"Come to think of it, Akane is missing as well..." Hoshhiko remarks.

All the members look at each other. They then race down the hall to Akane's room. Lord Mizuhara and two guards block thier path.

"Let us through Mizuhara" demands Kinjiru "We must know what happened to Akane!"

"I will tell you, for you do not need to see." Mizuhara responds "Akene is dead, much in the same fashion of the others. Now go to your meals, we will vote shortly. You have no need of these depressing images. I also wish to rob the wolves of your looks of despair at the breakfast table."

Begrudgingly, the others leave. Mizuhara sighs and goes into the room, kneeling at the covered form of Akane.

"Your son is safe at least..." he whispers to the corpse "I have had him sent away after you went to bed. In a way I am glad you did not need to discover his dissapearance. For it shamed me to have to suspect even you..."

Lord Mizuhara then went about the task of cleaning the room, much like his own servants.

(OOC: Day phase! If you don't get a wolf today... it's all over!)

Scorecard

Who's Alive!

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

Elwen- Hisoka (Geisha)

Who's Dead!

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa (I came, I saw, I died)

Vahktang- Shin, Washima (See you in the morning hon...)

RedChef- Iron Chef (.........)

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi (I'm not afraid! Urrk! Irony killed the cat...)

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke (Wanna see my new toy? Kewl! BANG!)

Eyremon- Lord Iago/SEER (By The Emperor's WORD We Must Vote... or die )

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato (Mmmmm.... Drugs....)

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima(In dreams, my love...)

Akane's spirit hovers for a while near Lord Mizuhara, a smile finally appearing to brighten her face.

Thank you, Mizuhara-san. To know that my son is safe is what I needed to go to my ancestral home. May our blessings, mine and my Lord's, protect you and your household.

Mizuhara touches his face wonderingly, feeling for a fleeting moment a soft caress on his cheek.

Akane looks ahead, all her cares washed away. Smiling, she floats away towards a waiting spirit.

OOC: Thanks for all the fun, everybody :) And good luck...

Edited by Tanuchan

Kamiya Yumi thoughts of the last things Shimizu-san told the her the evening before she dies. She then thinks of her reply for her.

- Akane-san, don't forget that Sawato-san was the very last person Iago-sama voted against before he dies. I did follow his voice but it came out that he was wrong, I was wrong. What I said yesterday was foolish, I was in shock discovering that we contributed to kill the very man that could have protected us.

Hisoka-san abruptly pulled Yumi out of her thought.

- I apologize. Lord Mizuhara told us yesterday that Iago-sama's words should be interpreted otherwise. These evil creatures might not let him live long enough so he might have never knew who is committing such atrocities. I felt ashamed for voting against Sawato-san, but this decision was base on the hope that Iago-sama might found one of the culprits. But, by doing so, we condemned ourselves to their claws.

Yumi interrupted herself for a moment and tooked the time to wipe her teary eyes and took a deep breath.

- Shimizu-san's demise is a brutal reminder of our fate, if we don't vote wisely. Shijin-san had yet to manifest himself and I really want to hear anything from him, before I cast my vote. If you excuse me...

The Geisha gets up and walks over the altar. She then knelt and pray for Akane-san and the safety of her son.

Kinjiru-san strummed his fingers on the table. "If only...," he muttered "If only..."

"Share with us your troubles, Kinjiru-san" Hoshhiko spoke up.

"If only we could undo this week, I was going to say. We've made some huge mistakes that have resulted in the death of our friedns and perhaps ourselves. The baner was actually put to death by our own hand. I myself would have changed my vote had i known but i had already retired for the evening before he revealed his identity and i was unable to change my vote. We've followed the orders of our dead seer wih disasturous results. We've killed off all those who are silent, now we look at the reasons for thier silence and see that it almost proves them innocent. Many here i think would place thier vote on Shinjin-san today but i think it unwise. As the old saying goes, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. perhaps in this case the better word would be "prey". Those who we thought were lurking in the shadows have all along been lurking in the light. We must now point our fingers at those who have comforted us in our pain and been passive when we turned angry. I accuse you, Hoshhiko-san, you fit the bill perfectly, friend to all, drier of tears, patter of backs, killer in the night, i accuse you of being the vile creature that we have feared all this time.

Kamiya Yumi raises up from the altar and joins the others back at the table. Tension is running deep between them. They are only five left and two among them are the evil lurkers everyone fear and hope to caught. Even thought they execute on of them, the agony will still continue for another day as the surving beast will probably slay another innocent victim. However, if another innocent is executed, it means a much more dreadful destiny for them all.

- Kinjiru-san, you are right that we, perhaps accused silent people often and it only resulted that our ennemies are still eluding us. A wise man told me that the best way to hide something is to place it in plain view. In that way, the foul creatures might have turned everyone's attention away on such people as the Iron Chef. I'll wait more before casting my vote.

This is a great tragic story.

I almost wish the wolves would win and the tragedy would be complete.

But not quite.

Die wolves, die.

More later,

Vahktang

OOC: And what Vahktang said gave me an idea... please, would you all check my post at the Q+A thread? Just to avoid cluttering the game thread :)

Thanks!

~Tanny

Hisoka sits quietly, legs folded neatly beneath her. The geisha has already been resigned to her fate. She has no fear of death.

All we can do now is watch and wait. Hisoka thinks. She has already finished and hidden away her journal. Their story...a warning.

She will likely not get the chance to write the end, but that will not matter.

"We must think carefully before making a decision." she finally says, green eyes distant. "This is our last chance."

Shizuka-chan...I wish I could have seen you...one last time...

Hoshiko listens to the discussions, not really caring anymore. For her, everything has taken on an unreal quality, and it seems inevitable that none of them will leave unscarred. As Kinjuru-san speaks, she listens with half her attention, thinking she will base her theories off someone else's. At first she doesn't hear the accusation, but then her mind runs back over the speech and she realizes she has been accused. Astonished, Hoshiko stands up to defend herself.

"Kinjuru-san, I do not fit the bill at all. I am passive because my mind is blank. I will admit the fact that other's pain and suffering sometimes fails to arouse passionate feelings in me is one of my flaws, as is the fact that I do not communicate well with others. I do not recall having ever offered more than a passing word as comfort. And as to being a friend to all, I think it is more that I am enemy to none. One as ordinary and sheep-like as myself does very little to make enemies, but also does little to make friends. I can assure you I have never killed anyone in the night. I must say that I think your accusations are based on wispy fluff. Maybe it is that you are simply trying to divert attention away from yourself, seeing as you have been accused so many times? As to my own vote, I will wait for Shijn-san to speak up, as killing the silent has not led to any sucess. So few of us are left... We must not turn on each other heedlessly. If we do, we are handing victory to the wolves." Hoshiko is somewhat angry at last; up to now, she has been indifferent, to an extent. To think that all these deaths have been for nothing, though, and the wolves might escape unscathed, is unbearable. This is the last chance, and she knows it. A fire sparks in her eyes, defying the wolves and it seems something has changed in her. She is on the offensive at last, she thinks, and she had to be put on the defensive for it to happen.

The Geisha observe Hoshiko-san as she defended herself with passion and nods at her.

- While you might had been passive, Hoshiko-san, you still have expressed your opinion. However, we had invited Shijin-san to voice his opinion on numerous occassions and he never voiced it.

Yumi looks over the pensive Hisoka-san.

- Do not give up hope, Hisoka-san. There's still a chance that we find one of the assassins. All we have to do is to vote carefully.

"How may we vote carefully when it has already been proven that we lose our passions so easily?" Hisoka speaks quietly, but the bitterness in her voice is evident. She has already given up hope, and it is in her manner. "But I cannot believe that Hoshiko-san is the killer. Even a predator accomplished at acting cannot hide those mannerisms..."

The tiny geisha looks down. "What of Shijin-san? He has been naught but a shadow within our midst. A shadow...and a thought. Pray, speak, musician. Or show us that you cannot."

The memory of her brother comes to her...Shizuka, her small, fragile twin, who has already paid dearly for his gift. Far away, where he should be safe. Her own death has ceased to matter to her...all she wants is for Shizuka to live a while longer.

In a time of darkness and doubt...the last of the Kyodai will die by his or her own hand.

That lore about her family's fate...it would come to pass, shortly. Hisoka had no doubt in her mind. She would not be the last of the Kyodai...and this was a time of darkness and doubt.

((OOC: Once again, I vote for Shijin.))

The few remaining citizens grow quiet after Hisoka's accusation. The hollow silence seams to only magnify the enormity of this days decision. If any of them were going to survive , one of the beasts would have to be delt with before dawn.

And then, as if by magic, a single sound breaks the silence. The distinctive sounds of the Biwa can be heard drifting from somwere nearby. The four follow the music to its source.

"Shijin!" they all gasp.

"Please, allow me to explain." he says before they are able to ask their questions.

"When the Honorable Cha-iro was found dead, I feared to speak-up and single my self out. From the very start I had the feeling that something was different about the style of his assasination, and when Lord Washima was killed in the same fassion I knew my fears were valaid. I hid hopeing to avoid what I could not. Now you have found me and I know that two of you are beasts and two allies. We must make a choice soon on who is who."

"My vote is for Hisoka, for only a beast would vote for the one that is most likely inocent. And if I am wrong, my friends, I fear we will not survive long."

Edited by Mira

I am glad to hear you speak out, shijin-san, i feared that your death would soon lead to all of ours. my mind is so... unsure. I don't know who to vote for anymore. Hoshiko-san you've made a good point, but faced with death who wouldn't. Hisoka-san your accusation of one of the men i have seen as most likely innocent, is disturbing to me. you both seem like likely suspects, what we must remember that we must look for two killers tonight. a pair of killers is among us, and we must flush them out. I wouldn't be surprised if both of you might be the killers, but us who are innocent must stay together if we are to remian alive. so i will change my vote to Hisoka-san, following the lead of Shinjin-san, he who i most trust.

Yumi had been surprised that Shijin-san finally spoken. She closes her eyes for a moment and then, decides to finally speak up.

- Your silence was worried me on several occasion and I never expected you to speak up, Shijin-san, you should have manifested yourself more often.

After giving a quick glance at the others, she continues her speech

- However, I think I must still be careful about whom I shall vote. When Hoshiko-san had been accused of such heinous crimes, she fought back and, as far as I am concern, I always tought she was innocent. As for Kinjiru-san, while Iago-sama havent found the guilty, he may had found the innocent and he clearly stated that he believes in Kinjiru-san's innocence. As for Hisoka-san, I have mixed feelings.

Yumi's attention is now focused on Hisoka-san.

- What Kinjiru-san said about Hoshiko-san, I believe fits you more accuratly. Granted, you are a Geisha as well as I am and it is within our duty to confort, help, keeping company, in short, being the perfect woman.

This time the Geisha looks straight in the eyes of Hisoka-san.

- But there is a difference between you and I. When I'm trying to stay as level-headed as possible, you give way to your emotions. While I always keep the tiniest of all hope within my heart, even knowing how slim our chance to survive this ordeal is, you already given up hope. This is the most unpleasant decision I have to take and it pains me to, I cast my vote against you, Hisoka-san.

(OOC: A vote against Elwen/Hisoka-san)