The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf II: Land of the Rising Moon

DeanTheAdequate

You all know Terauchi to not be one who to mince words.

Fixing the one known as The Iron Chef with an icy cold stare he opens his mouth to speak.

I would know you're true name and that of your family. I have heard of everyone else, but you remain mysterious to me...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kamiya Yumi looked over Akane, with a sad look upon her face. She knelt near to the head concubine and speaks to her softly.

- I'm sure that Washima-sama fought with all the courage and honor of the great warrior he was. I'll support you in this time of horror and grieve. May his memory be an inspiration for us all.

Yumi closes her eyes and is silently praying

So many suspects...Hoshiko silently reviews what she knows of each suspect. It seems anyone could be the killer. Perhaps Akane-san, whom no one would suspect? Or Hisoka-san, who has spoken so little? No! Hoshiko shakes these evil thoughts from her head. I cannot disrespect their grief, she thinks. Mayhaps it is better to wait until more evidence has come to light. It is not for her to accuse on flimsy hunches. Hoshiko has to admit to herself that she is grasping for straws, looking to offer insight where she has none.

"Forgive me, my friends," she says aloud. "I must admit that it has entered my mind that each and every one of you could very well be the killer, and I have thought how easy it would be to accuse anyone of you just for the sake of accusing someone. But I shall hold my opinion until I am sure. In the meantime, I will tell you of my night. I retired to my chamber, and spent some time reading before drifting off to sleep. It was quite uneventful, and I can assure you, I was in my room all night."

Hoshiko nods after speaking her piece, and retreats to a cornor to sit and observe.

"Eiji has a point, the Iron Chef has been quiet for quite some time," Kinjiru-san said pacing the room. "Nothing to share with the group, eh? Sitting there, watching us all."

There was something sinister about those eyes.

"I don't trust such a quiet man. What are you hiding?" Kinjiru-san looked into his eyes. Iron Chef said nothing back.

"No one even knows his name," he said turning to the people in the room, "No one knows anything about him,” He turned back to Iron Chef and leaned right up to him, "Why do you keep yourself hidden from us?"

Silence.

Akane-san started weeping.

Kinjiru-san stopped himself.

What was he doing? So he didn't know the man's name, is that reason to kill him? The man probably had a family, maybe children.

"Because he was a quiet man, he was ready to kill him," He muttered to himself, "My father had been a quiet man too. Who is the beast now?"

"It is too much, just too much, all these feelings of hatred and suspicion," Kinjiru-san was screaming now, "I have to get out, I can't stay here any more." He headed toward the door

"No," Lord Iago said. Kinjiru-san stopped in his tracks. "We have to root out this evil so that it will not ruin our country," Lord Iago continued, "No one can leave until the beasts are dead"

Kinjiru-san moved slowly to a chair. He sat down next to a table and put his head down on it and shut his eyes.

"I'm just so tired," He said in a half whisper, "Tired of the suspicion and the hatred and tired of trying to remember the face of my father, before seeing mutilated by those beasts."

Yumi walked over and patted him on the shoulder. "So tired..."

:dragon4:

Steading her trembling hand by will alone, Akane finishes the last strokes of a last kanji, staring then at the drawn words while the ink dries.

Autumn leaves fall fast

Colors fading, feelings strong

Its coming brings change.

Then there's a soft rustle behind her, and the voice of Kamiya-san. Akane holds the geisha's hand.

Thank you for your support, Kamiya-san... my heart is shrouded in sorrow and fear but your words and your prayer help me fighting back. You are a kind soul.

Hisoka also approaches, kneeling at Akane's other side in silence. Akane just holds her hand, too, with a silent thanks. Then Kinjiru's voice intrudes, full of hate and grief.

*whispers*

We are already fighting among us... dishonoring the memory of my lord... but we don't have time.

Time.

*lowers her head, sighing*

You would want me to fight and help, dear lord. So I will.

Standing up, Akane looks around, taking in the now silent glares of accusation, Kinjiru's soft muttering and Kamiya's support there also. There's one who draws her attention, though, and she asks herself why.

OOC Thanks to Degenero Angelus for helping me out in the Haiku :)

Shaking his head he made his decision.

Iron Chef you silence worries me. If you don't wish to speak in your defense, then you must know that your honor has been damaged and don't wish to damage it it any further by lying. There is honor in that however you are still a suspect to me in my eyes.

The day grows old; we cannot wait much longer. I have an ultimatum for Iron Chef, either he tells us his story before I retire or my vote goes against him. If we do not take action, we will all die.

OOC: I give Iron Chef until the end of today, Saturday, to participate in some way to the story, otherwise, zzzzzzzttt (Slicing throat motion)

:dragon4:

"Yes, Iron Chef, you have not said a word or made any action. I also believe that Iron Chef should share his tale before nightfall or die. It is harsh, but when one is hunting a killer, one must be so."

Hoshiko is not sure that is quite correct, but she is not going to worry about it while the werewolf still remains at large. The sooner this hunt is completed, the better. If an innocent must die to reveal the wolf, so be it. Hoshiko reflects that the werewolf is at fault here, for sowing seeds of murder and suspicion.

OOC: If Iron Chef does not speak by Night-Phase, I cast my vote against him.

Hisoka's steely green eyes rest briefly on the remaining people in the room.

"Silence is a virtue, but when carried too far..." her soft voice trails off, as she fixes a direct gaze upon the Iron Chef. "Even I will speak when it proves necessary, but you have said naught. I would suggest you speak now if you have something to say."

((OCC: If he does not speak before night phase, I will cast my vote against the Iron Chef as well.))

Kamiya Yumi listens to everyone's claims and suspicion.

- Iron Chef's silence is bothering me as well. I lack to see any honor in lurking here while such evil is making its influence felt. But, if he defends himself, my opinion might change.

(OOC: I shall withold my vote until Saturday evening (NA EST). I'll confirm my vote against Iron Chef if he does nothing).

Who-hoo.

That was fun.

Good one wolves.

If I had to go, better to be killed first rather than be dishonored by being accused.

(and be stopped from killing the accuser :)

Thank you all.

I shall be lurking and interested.

I'd say 'good hunting' but that could be taken more ways than one.

More later,

Vahktang

Akane's eyes are drawn to the very silent Iron Chef, and while she tries to sort out what in him disturbs her, the mutterings and accusations are thrown at him. She approaches him, staring him hard.

Two honorable people were killed, one innocent met his fate. Distrust and suspicion got hold of this peaceful house. I do understand your silence, Iron Chef... it is hard to bear all this in honor.

And I know you do hold honor high. Your silence is also proof of that... answering to these dishonorable accusations is below you.

However... under these circumstances... you must say something. Silence will just kill innocents.

Or... protect dishonor.

*pauses*

Iron Chef, is it why you are silent? Because there is dishonor?

*sternly*

And if there is dishonour you're ashamed of, you should clean it.

OOC: a vote for Iron Chef/RedChef

Yumi looks over the Iron Chef and walks over him.

- Silence may wise sometimes but here, silence will not help anyone finding those assassins. I interpreted your silence as a sign of indifference toward this menace and therefore I shall cast my vote against you.

The Geisha calmly walks away and knelt nearby a low table.

(OOC: A vote against RedChef/Iron Chef.)

Please forgive me my friends. I had been contimplating the effect this will have upon our Emperor. Akane-san I know it will be hard to raise your child alone, but know that you should be considered safe while your son is in the Emperor's entourage and that I shall not speak against you for I know that had you been next to Lord Wasima you would share his fate. Which brings me to my next point. The Emperor's chef should be with the Emperor. I was sent ahead to prepare for the Emperor's visit. I should think that the wise Emperor of our fine land should wish his chef to be with him. Why are you not with his Imperial Highness? Speak or you know what your fate shall be, and I will not try to hinder the process!

OOC: Iron Chef

Edited by Eyremon

Hisoka is shaking her head gravely. "Sumimasen*, Iron Chef-san, but your troubling silence has gone too far. Even the most silent person will speak when their life is at risk...if not, then they have something to hide. I must speak against you."

(*sumimasen-most formal form of "I'm sorry".)

((OOC: my vote for Iron Chef as well.))

OOC: Well, I thought I would give it until midnight. But not even an appearance from RedChef could save him... sooo...

IC: Mizuhara looks at the fabled "Iron Chef" of the Imperial court with scorn.

"My Lord," states Lord Iago "It seems all of our votes are in order."

"Why does he not speak?" Demands Kinjiru "He should pleade his case."

"Yes, why did Washima have to die you monster!" cries Shimizu, unable to bear it any longer.

"SILENCE!" demands Mizuhara, his calm face cracked "Please, Iron Chef, show us your reasons for silence..."

The Iron Chef nods slightly and opens his mouth. There is no tounge.

"I see..." muses Lord Iago "This is the nameless chef. In his persuit of the perfect flavor, found none. To spite the world, he took out his own tounge and curses the flavor the world has denied him."

"Yes." says Shijin, the minstrel "I have heard his tale. He is the finest chef of this era. It would be ashamed to let such talent die..."

Lord Mizuhara smiles briefly.

"Then it is a good thing you are all still here this evening, honored guests. Tonight we shall have the final feast of the Iron Chef..."

The chef spent one hour preparing five dishes with a common theme, the sakura festival. Each dish more lavish than the last. As the final course ends, he bows slightly and walks out to the courtyard with some simple soup. He inhales the vapors deeply, then pulls out a kitchen cleaver.

It is over. His blood mingles with the traveller's as themoon begins to rise in the sky.

"Hmmm..." muses Lord Iago "No Hygenkyoi this night. May we fare better tomorrow. Now I must arrange for a new chef to arrive before the Emperor's arrival..."

OOC: bzzzzt! RedChef was innocent. No clue why he didn't respond tho'. Oh well. Night phase! Wolves, Baner and Seer. PM me please!

OOC: Scorecard time!!!

Who's Alive!

Eyremon- Lord Iago: Elder Courtier

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

Elwen- Hisoka (Giesha)

Who's Dead!

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa (I came, I saw, I died)

Vahktang- Shin, Washima (See you in the morning hon...)

RedChef- Iron Chef (.........)

Edited by DeanTheAdequate

:P I should have foreseen that possiblity. I apologize. However before everyone starts feeling remourseful about the chef's fate, please remember we all had a hand in this, as it was nearly unanimous. Also let it be a warning to everyone that if you don't speak up, or at least attempt to communicate with everyone that it will be taken as a sign of guilt. The Iron Chef met his fate honorably and for that I shall singe my tongue with this wasabe... * :blink: *

nuhow thwat it ith t(d)one wee musth phwre-phare for tonighth.

*drinks some water*

we must prepare for tonight. We still have two shapeshifters on the prowl and only one method of stopping them tonight. My the herbalist choose wisely.

Have a good night and I hope to see you all in the morning, goodnight.

Oh, Shijin-san would you please compose a hiaku for the fallen comrade, for the only thing I am sure of is that we will not be eating as well for the next few days.

May our ancestors watch over us all tonight. :dragon2:

Edited by Eyremon

Akane looks sadly at the courtyard, over the spot where the blood of two innocents ran. She finishes her silent prayer, turning then to Lord Iago.

Yes, Lord Iago... it was the doing of us all. But it is hard to bear the knowledge that we dishonored ourselves by doubting the honor of an innocent.

May our ancestors look over us.

*to herself*

My Lord, may you also find peace among your ancestors, knowing your honor wasn't insulted... *quick prayer*

If you excuse me, I will retire now.

Akane stops in front of her room, shuddering a bit as she remembers the night before and the words of Lord Washima. Sighing, signals the guard and closes the screen.

Sakura blossoms

Their blooming so infrequent

A short-lived beauty

*At the Chef's execution*

"I fail to see how one bases their accusation on the silence of one who later demonstrated that his silence was relevant. I should think that if we all had our tongues removed, would we silently condemn each other? ... Forgive me, seeing innocents die simply because we choose them to is not going to sit well with me. I am already potentially killing undreds with my work, but even that is not as direct as this..."

*Later in the evening*

Four of us dead... Kyosuke writes in his small notebook, his mind telling him there are more pressing matters to attend to, such as business.

I don't think I could condemn the geisha, even though it is possible that of the sly beasts one of them may be it. Particularly Hisoka. I do not doubt that if one of the beasts is indeed of an assassin nature, then it might be female, but... Should it be part of my duty to kill whom I only suspect. His pen scrawls across the page, continuing his notes.

I do not think it wise of me, but I still suspect Kinjiru-san... The death of his father, the shaky ties between them, and the location... It does point to him, but... I do not know. we shall see what the morning will bring to us. Kyosuke closes his book and places it under his futon. "business now." he tells himself.