The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf II: Land of the Rising Moon

DeanTheAdequate

Kamiya Yumi analyzed the heated debate and nods. Her eyebrows frowns, giving an angered expression on her usual composed features.

- From what I've heard, I had made my choice and I shall cast my vote against Kyosuke-san. I do find the way he behaves lately to be innapropriate considering the circumstances.

(OOC: A vote for Kyosuke/Damon Infarel. Sorry that I couldn't been there earlier today.)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyosuke looks on at Kinjiru-san's reaction to the accusation with a hint of disbelief, however his composure is calm. anger would only dig him a deeper grave.

"Kinjiru-san, I have never been quick to jump to any sort of conclusion, nor does any of this senseless killing please me in the least. Do you not think that my accusing you has anything to do with what evidence has been presented to me? I do not wish any harm upon anyone at this table, nor anyone else in this country at the whim of either these beasts or by our own decisions. Your death would not please me in the least, and I do not doubt you would lack the self-gratification of a madman to kill yourself."

"I am aware of pieces of the samurai code, one of which I know to be an honorable death, so to speak, in the event that one shames himself through loss or some other misdeed, it is honorable for one to kill himself. you do not seem to be so quick to kill yourself, so I do have doubts on my vote against you, however when one is faced with the prospect of their own death, they may do anything to prevent it. This is not a simple decision for me, and I have no opinion that lies bias on one or another. Being a politician, I am aware of the arts of deception and I have to take those sorts of factors into account. This is not a simple battle where one may shame themselves over petty losses, this is what seems to be a manipulated genocide of our people, causing us to turn against one another while those criminals who committ these deeds snicker at our foolishness and mock us by pretending to be what they are not."

"I would think though, if the beasts of which we are seeking are intelligent enough, and strong-willed enough, then they would understand that revealing themselves would be a mistake, so one may grieve for the losses of others so as to put up a facade to trick us. We are not mind readers, so we are easily decieved if we do not know what to look for. I do regret my vote against you, and I would rather hold my tongue in that instance, but it is by the Emperor's will that i must stop this. I would have taken my own life by now had i not had the obligation to the emperor to both aid in the resolution of this conflict, and the obligation to complete my duties to him. I do deeply regret this, but everythign I have seen in the evidence does point to a strong possibility that you may be partially responsible for the deaths of those at this counsel and perhaps those others of whom we may have no idea as to whom they are."

"I suppose it is unwise of me to ask for your forgiveness, as I would be condemning you, but I do give you my greatest apologies, and surely in the short time i have known you, you have shown me no disrespect. If I am wrong about you and I find you to be innocent, after this conflict is resolved and my present engagement is completed, I would happily give my life for you, either in death or for the aid of whatever your family may need. but for now, I cannot sway my decision, and I hope that this all comes to a conclusion shortly."

(OOC: Still kinjiru-san)

It seems some want to accuse me of this hideous crime, I am quite offended. Called away to sick family member, and as I return, I am accused. I admit, I have not been a very talkative person, but that is due to my own nature. I am quiet protector, I do not speak unless needed to speak, and I do not act without deep thought.

It seems I shall put my vote towards Kyosuke, but not without great dismay.

OOC: I've been really busy with work, and haven't had a chance to vote. Sorry about that.

"Ah how I dreamed of this" says Kinjiru "Taking work away from our farmers. Now you wish to destroy this land from the inside as well!"

"Enough!" says Mizuhara "You will not shame the man who must make this sacrifice. Only if he is our culprit will he be dishonored."

Kyosuke's head slightly drops.

"As could be expected. You do not share the Empires views. Those of you who do not bend, shall break in the changing wind."

Kyosuke hands to Mizuhara a laquered box. Mizuhara opens it.

"What do you want done with these?" Mizuhara asks.

"This is what I worked for, and this is how I wish to die. For my purpose!"

Mizuhara pulls out two Colt Dragoons.

"I wish to challenge my opponant! Kinjiru!"

"Hmph! No toy will defeat one with true honor." Growls Kinjiru. The group steps outside.

An impromptu lesson on how to use the strange devices are held. Soon the two pair off at a safe distance, then begin pacing...

Soon, at the count of ten... Both guns cry out.

Kinjiru is shaking. He drops the smoking pistol in fear.

"Heh... You will not last long in the next era...>COUGH!<"

Kyosuke brings up a heavy dose of blood... then collapses. Lord Iago rushes over.

"He has died." he announces "He has asked that his paperwork be kept safe for the Emperor..."

"It will be done." says Mizuhara "But as it sems, he was not our culprit either..."

(OOC: NIGHT PHASE! Kyosuke was innocent... Tension...)

Kamiya Yumi had watched the duel with fear, as these guns are an unusual sight for her. The noise startled her and her right hand was clutched into the folds of her kimono, near her heart until Mizuhara-san annouced that Kyosuke-san was innocent. Sadness and dissapointement replaced fear in her face.

- Another innocent life had been sacrificed unjustly. While I still stand by my opinion that he behaved innapropriatly, I am ashamed to have condemned him to death. May he find peace among his ancestors.

The Geisha walks over the altar and makes a silent prayer.

Hoshiko hides her face as they duel. She jumps when she hears the gunshot. Glancing quickly at the corpse she turns her back on it. She thinks to herself how barbaric this is, to watch us kill each other with brutal shots.

"All this has accomplished is another is dead, and we have one less suspect. Is this how it shall be, methodically killing everyone until we hunt down the werewolf, or kill ourselves off and leave one to be the final victim of the wolves? The killer must be found, before we condemn another innocent. I can only hope the dead forgive us for what we have done." Tears in her eyes, Hoshiko also makes a prayer at the altar. Then she retreats to her room, to think upon what has happened.

Akane hides her face in shame, remembering she was the one who first doubted Kyosuke's honor. Quietly, she leaves for her room and closes the screen.

I cannot go on... surely cannot... my Lord raised me to honor and now I'm ashaming myself accusing innocent ones... ashaming his memory...

*sobs bitterly*

I could just give up... but then... Ikare-chan...

She falls in a troubled sleep as thoughts cross her mind, sobbing softly until silence envelops the night.

DeanTheAdequate, continuing your tradition of excellence.

The pistol duel was a good touch.

How about a score card?

More later,

Vahktang

OOC: One of these days I'll remember the firkin' scorecard...

OOC: Scorecard time!!!

Who's Alive!

Eyremon- Lord Iago: Elder Courtier

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

Elwen- Hisoka (Giesha)

Who's Dead!

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa (I came, I saw, I died)

Vahktang- Shin, Washima (See you in the morning hon...)

RedChef- Iron Chef (.........)

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi (I'm not afraid! Urrk! Irony killed the cat...)

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke (Wanna see my new toy? Kewl! BANG!)

Somehow, Hisoka manages to keep her iron-clad, icy control. Not a flicker of emotion shows on her face.

"May the gods have mercy." she whispers, before retreating to her room.

Shizuka...if you were to come, I know what you would see. We have already lost our humanity. I have tried to forestall it as much as I could, but events have come too far already. Remember us, my brother, and hope that the ancestors have mercy upon us. Remember us...if no one else will.

"Death must be looked at face to face." she whispers quietly. The face of all the dead float in her mind, haunting her.

But now, she is past fear...past everything, but a longing for her own oblivion.

Edited by Elwen

(OOC: Oh drat, i had hoped I might weed out the wolf. Hn... If it turns out to be kinjiru, I'll be all proud of myself, since I'm not very good at deductive reasoning. No vendetta against the guy, I just still think it's him. nice touch with the pistols Dean. If I was aiding in the modernization and destruction of honor, i miught as well die from it, eh? This was fun.)

Kinjiru-san dropped the Colt Dragoon. He clutched his shoulder. Blood ran thru his fingers. Kyosuke had missed but not entirely. He walked slowly to the corpse of Kyosuke. Shaking his head at the sight of the innocent, he moved back towards the house. Kamiya Yumi moved to intercept him but he stood her still with a look. "I can tend to my own wounds," he snapped. With that he walked away slowly, locking himself in his chamber. Those who walked by thought they could hear weeping.

:dragon4:

Yumi was worried about the next. Will she be there the next morning. Then, if she survives the night, she must still try to find out who among them is a murderer.

- I only wish that this nightmare is over...

The Geisha sights and heads over her room.

Night decends on the castle. Everyone dreams fretful dreams of the days ahead. But in the room of Lord Iago, all is calm...

He sleeps soundly, confidant in the abilities of Mizuhara's guard. Duty to the Emperor is strength enough...

Lord Iago is in a garden. In Edo, the sakura are sweet in the Emperor's garden. A small luxury the courtier allows himself when he has completed a burdensome task.

The wolves are defeated in more than ample time. He saved face for Lord Mizuhara, and favors like that are the greatist wealth.

He began to paint a plate of the event. His hues brush the plate into a masterpiece of he and those present at the procedings. Another memory for him to treasure.

But as he picks up his finished plate for glazing... It shatters in his hands!

Lord Iago is torn from his futon, held at arm's lenght by the wolf. He gasps for the air to shout for the guard... But he does not waste his breath. His five imperial guard are in pieces around his room.

His eyes widen as the fox whispers in his ear.

"You were far too clever by half. Your past as a Shinto seer will not help you now..."

He is stabbed in his frail side, left to struggle in the wolf's iron grip as he flails, limply, until he is limp.

"Noo..." he hisses with his last breath "There will be another... A chance to...stop...you..."

Shizujka's eyes snap open. He has passed.... Another violent scene. He hesitates no longer. His mind is clear. He gathers a small satchel and some rice balls as he runs down the monistary's mountain path...

Lord Mizuhara is flush with anger. He stands at the courtier's room, quivering with rage.

Iago lies in a pool of his own blood. The symbol of "Fortune" and "Doom" are etched throughout the room in more of the blood...

"This must end soon. And it will end. I have a stain of honor too great. When the Emperor comes, I will have to make my sacrifice..."

(OOC: Lord Iago is gone.... And it is a shame, he was the seer... Day Phase!)

Edited by DeanTheAdequate

Akane wakes up in the confusion brought by Lord Iago's murder, and by the time she reaches the room his remains are already covered and guards try to keep a semblance of order in the whole house. She kneels besides Lord Iago's body, extremely pale and murmuring a prayer for long minutes.

Lord Iago-san, you were a wise man... and your secret abilities are at last revealed. You gave us some pointers, we shall follow them. May your spirit guide us, and may you finally find peace with your ancestors.

She goes to the main room, where others are slowly gathering. She observes those who are already there, and those still absent. There's a slight frown, that she soon smoothes.

The last one accused by Lord Iago-san was Sawato-san... I wonder where he is, and what he was doing this last night. Will he speak for himself?

And Shijin-san... who has yet to come and show us his great work of art. Would you say also some words to put our hearts to rest?

OOC No accusation yet.

Edited by Tanuchan

OOC: Scorecard

Who's Alive!

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

Elwen- Hisoka (Geisha)

Who's Dead!

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa (I came, I saw, I died)

Vahktang- Shin, Washima (See you in the morning hon...)

RedChef- Iron Chef (.........)

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi (I'm not afraid! Urrk! Irony killed the cat...)

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke (Wanna see my new toy? Kewl! BANG!)

Eyremon- Lord Iago/SEER (By The Emperor's WORD We Must Vote... or die )

Edited by Tanuchan

Hoshiko sees the corpse and silent tears begin to run down her face. She is horrified at what she is part of, and almost it seems it would be better to die than remain in the cesspit of suspicion and death. She begins to sob as it occurs to her that the wolves are winning and they may all escape to death.

"Another one! Another one has died! They're still out there! We're all going to die! One by one! No place is safe! We must kill it now, now!" Hoshiko is hysterical as she half whispers her thoughts. She flees to her room to weep alone. "Oh gods, forgive us..."

Lord Iago, the seer... damn it all. Whoever the wolves are, they are playing us like puppets. And now that Iago is dead... Where does that leave for the rest of us? He didn't leave us with much. Yes, Shijin-san was the last person he accused, but it wasn't with much of a passion. I wonder if he actually knew who the wolves were. Still he had the best chance of any of us to get it right...

Shijin-san I want you to have a chance to defend yourself, but right now... hurry, I won't place my vote yet but you are in grave danger. I know that I am being a little quick with the accusations and well, I’m tired of watching innocents die... we must act quickly before...

I'm tired of all this death

:dragon4:

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Akane walks to Kinjiru-san, resting a delicate hand on his arm. Her voice is soft.

Kinjiru-san, I understand your feeling all too well. I have also lost a loved one, and unfortunately accused innocent people. I am also tired of these deaths, and I know our time is getting really short.

Lord Iago-san was a wise men, and tried to guide us with his words. I don't think he knew who the wolves were, not until the moment he was killed. I've heard that the gift of Seeing demands much of the body and mind, and one can just use it once a night. But he did try to tell us who he had seen. These are the pointers we have. These, and his own suspicions.

We wait for your music, Shijin-san.

And at least I wait also for word from Sawato-san.

Edited by Tanuchan

Kamiya Yumi wipes her teary eyes while she's on her knees, silently praying for Iago-sama. Once her prayer over, she gazes around the room and frowns.

- These despicable creatures, how dare they stain the honor of such a wise man. Iago-sama death is indeed a great tragedy for us, as he could have help us finding who is perpetuing such evil.

The Geisha stands up and looks over Akane-San and Kinjiru-San.

- I too, I'm worried about Shinjin-san and Sawato-san. I have yet to hear anything from the former while the latter did manifest himself a bit more often. I want to give them the chance to speak before I actually cast my vote.

Yumi notices that Hoshiko-san had ran away from Iago's room.

- If you excuse me, I'm worried about Hoshiko-san and I want to see how she is doing.

The Geisha turns over Iago-san's corpse, salute him for the last time, then heads for Hoshiko-san's room

Hisoka stands silently. While her face shows no outward emotion-for her parents, while they were alive, had drilled it into her brother and herself never to cry-inside, her heart is weeping.

Quietly, she drifts away to see how Hoshiko is doing.

It seems we are again hesitating in the votings... please, in memory of our Lord Iago-san I think we must go on. It's the best way to honor his memory, to give a meaning to his death, and to all the other's. That we try our best to get these dishonorable beasts that killed them. Those beasts that made us have to choose between the disohonor of accusing an innocent and the dishonor of being silent.

Kamiya-san, you who seems to be in more control of yourself, please try to bring to us Hisoka-san and Hoshiko-san, that they may help us. We don't have much more time to catch the beasts. We may well have just two more chances before they overcome us.

Sawato-san, I still have no words from you. I have no other way to go on except my feelings... so I'm urging Sawato-san, skilled swordsman as he is, to say something in his defense.

And although Shijin-san also is silent, at this moment I'll just believe that his artist's sensibilities don't let him think clearly enough to join us. But it won't be always so, I fear...

OOC a vote for Sawato Koun/X-Sabre

Again, I return to find accusations from those around me. I was not in his room at that night. I myself was meditating underneath a tree, gazing at the moonlight calming reflecting off the lake not too far out of town. If you feel killing me is what you want to do, then by all means please do so.

Kinjiru-san has a vicious look in his eyes, almost as if a beast were within. I have sensed a terrible feeling coming from you, and now I believe is when I shall make my accusation.

OOC: Vote for Kinjiru/MeThinksUFoolish

Akane turns to Sawato-san with a curious glint in her eyes.

Sawato-san, meditating is really necessary for our peace, and more so in these days, when we are so pressed to turn our eyes and voice against innocent people. I do hope it has brought some measure of peace into your heart.

However, maybe you haven't understood very well what we were commenting here some moments ago. Lord Iago-san had the gift of Seeing into the souls of people. If you remember well his words and his actions, he believed Kinjiru-san innocent.

She just keeps level eyes into Sawato-san, waiting for his answer.