The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf II: Land of the Rising Moon

DeanTheAdequate

Kamiya Yumi eyebrows frown for a moment after learning that the Chef was innocent. Then she takes a more composed expression before speaking as calmly as the circumstances allowed her.

- Granted, condemning someone because of his silence wasn't the most honorable thing to do. However, we are lacking of anykind of clues that would help us finding the beasts. Had the Chef expressed himself in one way or another would have helped us figuring out he was innocent. Be he stayed stoic as if he wanted to die so quickly. Still, I don't feel that I voted as honorably as I should.

The Geisha kneels down by a low table and decided to write an entry in her journal

I went from orphan, to prostitute. From prostitue to oiran. From oiran to geisha. I struggled all my life to achieve my actual status. Now, I'm facing an horror that I'll probably never fathom the extend of its evil. May I see tomorrow's light again.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((OCC: *cough* I couldn't think of a better haiku.))

Silver moon rises

Pure light tainted with darkness

None will be the same

*at the Chef's execution*

Hisoka stands quietly, and refuses to look away.

An innocent. Hisoka feels her blood begin to run chill. What have I helped to do?

She holds her hands up: small, long-fingered, delicate hands, pale with no spot of blood.

Blood. I had my hand in killing an innocent. Hisoka thinks sadly, though there are no trace of emotions in her face. I would rather die than do this again. Oh, Shizuka, my twin, I wish I had your gift. It should have been you here...you could look into souls and know the truth. But it is I who am here...

The geisha stands in her grieving as sakura petals whirl about gently in the courtyard: she reaches a small hand up and captures a delicate petal.

"Sakura are the most beautiful flowers of all because they are so transitory. In a breath, they flower and fade." Hisoka muses to herself. "Like life."

*later that night*

Hisoka sits in her room, journal open and writing.

It hurts to remember sometimes who I was. Kyodai Hisoka...I have a twin, Shizuka, my younger brother. The Secret of Reality and the Silence of Reality...do you remember laughing about that, Shizuka-chan? We had names once...not merely Secret and Silence. But the Kyodai are dead and nameless, their deeds forgotten. We have no clan, no name.

And where did we go wrong, otouto? What did our parents do, that was so bad that their sins are passed down to us? Now we are forgotten. I am a geisha with no other name, involved in the death of an innocent. Because he was silent, I accused him: and he was not cursed. And gentle Shizuka...you are an assassin in the emperor's service. You, with your gift to know a person's soul. What has happened to us?

Okaasan told us that death should be looked at face to face. Suspicion, black fear, and doubt grow already: we kill ourselves more effectively than the shapechangers do. Death is preferable to living like this: I know that you would agree with me. If you were here, I would ask of you only this: to kill me, before I damn another innocent. I do not deserve to live.

If anything should happen to me, this book will go to you, Shizuka. Then...you will know what your sister has become.

"Let day arrive. I am not afraid."

OOC: I am soooo sorry! My server went all wonky last night and it had to be fixed. Daytime should be over by now... But I digress! Someone must die!

IC:

Miso soup is served piping hot by the servants.

"Hmmm... One last meal from the Iron Chef..." Muses Shijin "He prepared this for the servants to serve."

"It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth," says Kamiya "knowing what we did to him."

Lord Mizuhara is fuming, his soup untouched.

"Where is Terauchi? One does not miss a meal at my table. I am gravely insulted!"

He stands up, the stress of the last several days finally taking it's toll.

"Please, Lord Mizuhara..." Says Hoshhiko "If Shimizu can keep her temper in check, surely so can you. We have all had a trying time."

Mizuhara relaxes for a moment. "Thank you for your words. But I will still send someone to wake him."

"I'll do it my lord." says Sawato "I won't see my host insulted."

"Now now," Kamiya says, cooly "I'll wake the man up. Your roughness is better served protecting me."

Sawato shrugs and the pair head to the guest's room. Kamiya slides open the door.

"Ohayo... Noooo!"

Kamiya stumbles back into the solid frame of Sawato. He looks in with horror.

"What kind of monster are they, Oni?"

Blood is all over the paper walls. The kanji for "Moonlight" is traced above Terauchi's shrine to his ancestors. His wakizashi lay broken near his lifeless, mangled body...

(OOC: Nave was innocent! Day phase!)

OOC: Scorecard time!!!

Who's Alive!

Eyremon- Lord Iago: Elder Courtier

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

Elwen- Hisoka (Giesha)

Who's Dead!

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa (I came, I saw, I died)

Vahktang- Shin, Washima (See you in the morning hon...)

RedChef- Iron Chef (.........)

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi (I'm not afraid! Urrk! Irony killed the cat...)

Sorry Nave. Wolves chose you... Then they chewed on my server apparantly. Gomen...

Teriuchi-san was very brave and bold. The emperor will miss his service. He did have few equals in weilding his weapon. These shapeshifters must have come to him in the guise of friendship and then changed. That makes them well aware of what they are doing. We must be careful. We are closing in on the shapeshifters. We have yet to find any shapeshifter and they have yet to find the mystic and herbalist. We must hope that our luck holds out.

Hisoka-san I know you tremble at the thaught but I know your brother is in the service of the Emperor and has the power of sight. Do you know if it is possible to contact him and ask for his assitance, I can gain the emperors approval to send him if he is willing to come help.

Kinjiru-san. What was the disagreements you had with your father?

The disagreement with my father? i think it hardly matters now. it all seems so pointless, but since this is a tense time, i shall humor you.

It was a matter of bookkeeping, as silly as it sounds, as you all know we traveled far to represent our part of the empire to the upcoming meeting, and my father had me put in charge of keeping track of all our goods. Well the way is long and dangerous and there are many thieves and though i did my best to protect our goods, one can't be surprised when some go missing. I reported every missing item along the way and my father met each with a nod.

However, just 2 days after we arrived here, i came to him to report that a small number of herbs had gone missing, i had no idea what they were for or why we had them, but i was sure we could get more from the local market if need be.

My father disagreed. He was enraged and accused me of being lazy about gaurding our goods, well i don't like to be insulted and well it escilated. I still don't know why he got so upset...

:dragon4:

Kamiya Yumi was kneeling at the table, her appetite being abruptly cut by the macabre finding, she pushes away her unfinished miso soup. She tooked the time to put herself together and finally speaks.

- A great man had met a ghastly end. I am sure he defended himself honorably.

The Geisha then nods to Lord Iago's words.

- Your wisdom is needed more than ever, Iago-sama. So far, we still have our protectors but I wonder for how long? It will be a disaster if these creatures kill either the herborist or the mystic. But it seems that these monsters are also enjoying luck since we have yet to find out who they are.

Yumi sights, looks at the gathering before adding something else.

- However, in order to find the culprits we must designate anyone of us and that is something I am not eager to do. I do not wish to send another innocent to an underserving execution. Mizuhara-sama, if you excuse me, I'll go pray for Terauchi-san.

Yumi gets up and walks over an altar, then makes a silent prayer.

Hisoka stares down at her folded hands in her lap, as she kneels in front of the table. Even before the ghastly scene had been discovered-and no one needed to die like that-she had been unable to touch a drop of the soup. Once more, the time has come for suspicion and accusation, and that is what she truly cannot bear.

Terauchi-san...may you rest in peace, and may your soul be with your ancestors.

She raises her head. "I will try to send my brother a message, my lord, but I do not know if it will reach him in time."

No. It will not reach you in time, Shizuka-chan. I know it will not, for time is running out for all of us.

((OOC: Lord Iago knows everything, doesn't he?))

Akane finishes a prayer to Terauchi's soul, drawing also the "peace" kanji over his grave.

*to herself*

Terauchi-san... you were an honored man. May your soul rest in peace and your memory give us strength in our fight.

Entering the room, she joins Kamiya Yumi by the altar and also examines the gathered people.

*murmuring*

Another day... another death... another accusation... My Lord Washima-san, may you guide my wisdom today, that I don't unwittingly accuse and dishonor an innocent. Again. *closes her eyes in disgust*

*morning*

The politician rises once more from a rather horror-fraught slumber, and is beginning to doubt himself. "Hn... I do find it odd I still sleep at night knowing my fate lies with the wolves or the council. But... business, and the council, are all in requirement of a clear mind, so i should be sure that I do sleep..."

He dons his English suit, a regretful piece of fabric worn by the emperor's advisors, and looks blankly into the mirror. "Another one surely is dead... And another will most likely die today. Is it shameful to not face the world in times such as this, knowing that fates lie partially in my hands, and that otehrs are doomed to die until we may discern the ones who plague us? This is regrettable, but... there is work to be done today. My vote is decided." He brushes back his hair with his fingers and glances once more into the mirror before leaving his room.

*afternoon*

"Forgive me for not knowing the deaths in the day. It may seem suspicious that a politician is so absent-minded, but, I try not to think about it. I hope that is understandable. There, regretfully, are still other things i must focus on."

Kyosuke lookes around briefly. "Where... is Terauchi? Was he...?"

The table nods in almost unison. "I do not understand this... Why do these beasts kill the innocent? What is there vendetta against this council? Is it simply that we are hunting them? ... I... I do wish that they would die honorably and give themselves up... I hate slaying the innocents by a word. I feel the verdict is more harmful than the sword itself... This must end, very soon."

Kyosuke looks briefly at Kinjiru-san and closes his eyes. "I apologize Kinjiru-san, but I still feel that my evidence points to you due to the locale of your father's death, and that you speak of bad terms you and your father were on. I regret to revisit my former votes, but I must vote for you Kinjiru-san... Forgive me."

"Kinjiru-san...if I may ask. What manner of herbs were the missing ones? What were they called?"

Herbs...the protector herbalist, if these are the right kind, may have been the ones to take them.

Hisoka does not even bother to explain her question, but simply waits, silently, for a reply as she composes a message to her twin.

Hoshhiko-san and Sawato-san please forgive me for being impulsive but I have noticed that you two have not spoken up frequently, may I inquire upon your vocations? The last time Sawato-san spoke up was to render a judgement at Iron Chef. I realize that was simply yesterday but it still seems so long ago. You two have not spoken up to lament at the loses of our innocent comrades. Is it possible that you might be working together? either as the mystic and herbalist or as the shapeshifters.

I do not suspect Kinjiru-San i think he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sawato-san what do you have to say for yourself? who was your first suspect? You told us that you had one the night before Lord Wasima was slaughtered.

(OOC dean how much longer on day phase?)

What can a man say to a man that accuses him of murder?

"It pains me to see that a man who only a few days ago apologized for his accusations and sought to be my friend," spoke Kinjiru-san, "has again accused me of murdering my own kin.

"Why? I ask you, why?" he said as he rose for his place at the table, "Is it merely because you have no one else to suspect? You seem quick to judge."

"Many of the people in this room," he motioned to the people around him, "are still mourning the loss of their close friend and before his blood even dries, you accuse another to take his place. I, for one, do not look forward to the death of another one of us."

"Did I dishonor you in this lifetime or the last?" he slammed his fist on the table for emphasis, "You seem eager to get the killings underway.

"Shall I draw my sword and kill myself now at your feet to make you happy or," he leaned in close, "would you rather you killed me in the night while I sleep."

Kyosuke sat silent and Kinjiru-san returned to his seat. Sitting down hard, he put his feet up on the table and muttered under his breath, "Only a politician."

Hisoka spoke, "Um, Kinjiru-san?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the herbs, they were part of my fathers personal items, along with his garlic and cross, I believe, the man always was too paranoid, rest his soul."

:dragon4:

Hoshiko stirs when she hears her name. "I have not spoken because I have no thoughts on the matter. I am ashamed to admit it, but I am at a loss as to what to do. There are so many suspects, so many paths this could take...I am sorry. Another two have died? I offer my deepest condolences. Neither of them deserved that fate." Hoshiko falls silent again, brooding over her uselessness. Suddenly it dawns on her what a bloodbath they have started. How can we sit here and so calmly condemn our peers to death? What monsters we have become! It is the wolf who has done this to us...

Kamiya Yumi frowns at Kyosuke's speech. Obviously he's eager to get things done.

- I understand that you might want to find who are the assassins quickly, but accusing someone in haste will only lead to another wrongful execution. I do not want it to happen again.

The Geisha turns over Eyremon.

- I too would like to heard more from Hoshhiko-san and Sawato-san but, somehow, neither of them seems suspicious to my eyes.

(OOC: I think there's not enough votes in it yet, so Dean cannot call for night phase. I'll withold my vote for the moment).

Kamiya-san I wish I could share your certainy about the innocence of Sawato-san. I just simply cannot. The fair lady Hoshiko-san replied to my inquary, with a fair and plausible response. Please do not think me ghoulish when I stress that we must make a decission about who we should put to death today. Or is it the possiblity that you have had some divine insight to their fortunes or is it simply feminine intuition which can often be more accurate then mystical forces? <_< I am sorry I degress. :( I shall stand by my feeling that it might be Sawato-san and I hope that Kyosuke-san will retract his accusation against Kinjiru-san or bring forth more evidence against him.

It is getting towards dusk I must stress that votes are needed with any luck we would expose a Shapeshifter today and be that much safer.

I place Sawato-san in the position of defending himself and dissuading my vote. (ooc Sawato-san)

Edited by Eyremon

Akane's eyes weigh each one in the room, clear doubt and disgust reflected there. She opens her mouth as to speak, then falls silent for a moment more.

*thinking*

Nine of us... and we don't know each other well enough to trust. We don't have any clues. So... instinct should replace knowledge, and honor shall be given a chance to speak for itself...

I am sorry... no, I am disgusted. I grieve for my lord's death, I fret for our son's safety, and we are here trying to kill each other. But I see also that this is as it must be. It seems our honor, our host's honor, can be cleaned just by blood. Either ours, innocents accused wrongly, or the Shapeshifter's.

I would like to hear words from the musician, Shijin-san... I understand that to his sensitive soul all these kills and... executions... must be terribly sorrowful, and I see why he would not put his words into this. However, Shijin-san, I hope you also understand that anyone who is silent is either helping the Evil ones in eliminating all of us... or can be seen as a sign of Evil itself. Please, consider this.

Sorry for my digression. I am too weighed to think clearly.

You are a wise man, Lord Iago-san... your advice is heeded by many. I just hope that the ones you are unwilling to accuse are really innocent, and not just protected ones.

I cannot accept that one would kill a father over a disagreement... he grieves as myself. But neither can I accuse Sawato-san without more proof.

But one thing I do know is that Kyosuke-san had some disagreements with my dead Lord, although he has always behaved honorably towards him. I just wonder if in all his political dealings he may not have found an alliance that would be too profitable to refuse... even at his honor's risk. Please, would you speak for yourself, Kyosuke-san?

OOC Sorry. A vote for Kyosuke/Damon Inferel

Edited by Tanuchan

My fair Akane-san I understand your desire to point out a guilty party. Are the disagreements between your lord and Kyosuke-san any different then the disagreements between Kinjiru-san and his father? If you beleive so please inform us all, why. Instinct and feelings is all we do have to go one. I will trust your insticts, fore feelings and intuition is a better reason to vote against somebody then silence. But then again this could simply be the shapeshifters using our grudges and feelings against us. I am still awaiting for any reply from Sawato-san in his own defense.

As for Shijin-san I am sure he has simply been secluded working on a masterpiece to amaze us all, probebly as a lasting tribute to all who have fallen. :butterfly:

*gazing at everyone with old and tired eyes*

I see that the shapeshifters have won. :angry:

Nobody but Akane-san, Kyosuke-san and myself are willing to step forward and confront the possible Oni-cursed. I am ashamed to be in your presence. :angry:

The shapeshifters are playing upon our fears and guilt :( I realize that we are condeming our friends and innocents, but we do get closer to the shapeshifters. The only reason we are still awake now past dusk is because NOBODY else will step forward and speak their mind. Even when asked. Hoshiko-san kindly replied to my inquiry. But has Sawato-san. NO he has choosen to ignore it. That is why I vote for him.

Shijin-san will you come out and vote as well as regale us with your works.

Kamiya-san now is the time for votes. If we debate much longer the shapeshifters will be upon us and the shapeshifters have won, fore we are not willing to meet them head on. Kinjiru-san has answered everyone of our questions and has met our open hostility with graciousness. Hisoka-san I know you are scared and do not wish to become barbaric or loose your humanity. Sawato-san you cannot even seem to manage to defend yourself or answer any accusations. It is small wonder to me you are silent upon this issue. You have proven before you have a tongue yet you refuse to use it.

By The Emperors WORD *produces an Imperial Seal* We Must Vote :angry:

Do any of the condemed have anything to say in their defense? :(

"Shijin-san has not spoken lately, this is true. Neither has Sawato-san. It seems these are our two suspects." Hoshiko laughs gloomily. "It would seem that to be silent is to be condemned. We turn upon the unknown, those who are a mystery to us. Still, has that not always been the way of humanity? I cannot condemn a musician, yet I must vote. Regretfully, I must cast my vote against Sawato-san. Please forgive me." Hoshiko speaks her piece and turns her face away. A tear trickles down her cheek. Is this how it is to be, then? A room of perfectly civilized people killing each other off to reveal the monsters. Yet isn't it them who are the monsters? Still now that it is started, it must be finished. A fight to the death. The only good thing that can be said is that if they win, the evil of the wolves will be ended, as will the evil of the hunt.

I find it hard to vote for this group, being from an outside village, I do not have the past relations many of you have with each other. Still to not vote can only lead to our deaths and vote I shall. Kyosuke, the obvious choice is for me to vote for you, but I really don't see you as a potential wolf, you have been far too aggressive than a wolf in hiding would attempt to be. True you have set yourself against me, and I am greatly angered at you, but I am no a vengeful man and I do not wish you dead.

My vote goes with Sawato-san, your silence leaves me with the image of a cat stalking its prey silently and hunting in the shadows. Speak now or you may soon find yourself in the same situation as Iron Chef.

OOC: Sawato-san

Hisoka pushes her long hair back from her face.

"I do not wish to have a repeat of the situation with the Iron Chef. Please, speak up, Sawato-san."

Even though her words are pleading, her tone is completely emotionless.

"If you do not speak, your silence will doom you. As a silent one myself, I do not wish that fate upon you, for it may be visited upon myself as well."

We have already lost our humanity. Death by the wolves is cleaner than the death we would grant ourselves.

Edited by Elwen